User User name Password  

Sunday 16.6.2024 / 15:26
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
7. January 2009 @ 00:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
These are great for the price> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...LP1A-_-17132389

Office Max has Verbs but not as low as they sometimes have them.

http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax...-081228

I have bought close to 800 of those RiData disks. I usually average 2-4 bad burns per 100. I have even gone thru 250 before I get a failure. They are right now my 2nd favorite disks to use after my favorite TDK's.

Advertisement
_
__
_
16. January 2009 @ 09:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-L2B-_-17507005 16x VERBATIM DVD-R's $20.99 with free shipping -100ct spindle Pretty sweet deal ! Cheapest I found lately was samsclub ! $10.87 per 50ct. spindle + or - so this price beats samsclub when you figure in Gas & Tax ( nearest SAMSCLUB is 30miles away !!! And Irony of Irony I just bought two 50Ct. Tubs of DVD+R's =Verbatims at sams the other day !!! Well what is that saying About" Never be too Rich. Too Thin or Have too Many Verbatims !!!" well something like that anyways ! Happy Shopping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. January 2009 @ 09:51

bratcher
_
16. January 2009 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you have a Microcenter in your area (like I do in Houston) they have Verbatim + or - R 50 packs for $12.99 each plus local sales tax. My Houston store has 69 of the + R & 14 of the - R in stock. I don't know if any is MIT though as I didn't look on the wrapper. They are not the inkjet printable discs just the regular type you use a sharpie on. Might be worth a look if you have a Microcenter store nearby.

Here are the $12.99 pages

- R

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0201197
+ R

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0201167

What I don't understand is they have the exact same media on another pair of pages for $24.99 each.

- R

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0232422

+ R

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0232421
_
16. January 2009 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- I don't think so but thanks my friend ! hek the nearest officemax is about 100 miles away sad but true ...

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Lurth
Inactive
_
16. January 2009 @ 14:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For those who like the Verbatim printable. Our local Sam's Club has Verbatim + or - 16X MIT inkjet printable at $23.34/100 (+sales tax). They are not the full hub printable but the ones with the 36mm non-printable centers.I thought this to be a pretty good price for the made in Taiwan discs.
bratcher
_
16. January 2009 @ 20:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
bratcher- I don't think so but thanks my friend ! hek the nearest officemax is about 100 miles away sad but true ...
And no Microcenter near you? Oh well, try clicking on one of the $12.99 pages. See what price you get for the 50 pack then order some with the shipping added on. If you get a fair price then it might be worth it. If not then don't finish the order....
bratcher
_
16. January 2009 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lurth:
For those who like the Verbatim printable. Our local Sam's Club has Verbatim + or - 16X MIT inkjet printable at $23.34/100 (+sales tax). They are not the full hub printable but the ones with the 36mm non-printable centers.I thought this to be a pretty good price for the made in Taiwan discs.
Thats cheaper than the $7.99 25 packs ($31.99 for 4 of them) at my local Microcenter. The local Microcenter is out of the 100 pack DVDR printables & I don't have a Sam's Club membership (nor does any of my friends) so I'll have to pass up your great deal. Thanks anyway.

I did find two Verbatim DVD + R 50 pack white inkjet (non hub printable) packs in the clearance/return section last week who's outer cases were slightly damaged but the discs were fine. I got both for $12.99 each so no complaints there. I even found three 50 pack Verbatim silver inkjet printable (I like white inkjet better) CDR packs that day for $6.99 each on the same rack so they went home with me too. Never hurts to check the clearance racks!!
_
17. January 2009 @ 17:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- I hear ya'!!! I do that all the time at Samsclub and have picked up a great deal now and again everything from Ceiling fans to DVD recorders and Verbatims to water Coolers {with THe Hot water Tap ) My wife call's that section the OOPS Rack - OOPS there it Is LOL!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
18. January 2009 @ 01:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rtm27:
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
These are great for the price> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...LP1A-_-17132389

Office Max has Verbs but not as low as they sometimes have them.

http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax...-081228

I have bought close to 800 of those RiData disks. I usually average 2-4 bad burns per 100. I have even gone thru 250 before I get a failure. They are right now my 2nd favorite disks to use after my favorite TDK's.
Yeah they're pretty good. Just tried the ones I got and ok, especially for the price. You're TDKs you talking about you use those as your primary favorites or 1 after tys and verbs? I forgot if you had posted about using the TDKs before and how they were pretty good.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
_
18. January 2009 @ 01:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use TDK's as my primary when I can find them on sale, otherwise I use RiData's.

Joleca
_
18. January 2009 @ 08:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just an FYI,

you might want to check out OfficeMax if you have one near you... They usually have have some brand (mostly the so-so ones) on sale every week for around $20 for a hundred pack. (Yes, I know we only want the best... getting to that).

Last week they had TDK's for $17.99/100, so of course they're going to run out almost immediately... Went down on Friday and nothing but empty space on the shelves were they would have been..... but, all you need to do is ask if they'll substitute (3rd time now), and they usually let you pick what you want.

So.... got $59.99 VERBATIMs for $17.99 each!!!!

They've never questioned on substituting or even mentioned rain checks... just need to make sure they've alrady run out of whatever was advertised.

~~~~ Nothings Forgotten. Nothing Is Ever Forgotten. ~~~~
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. January 2009 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@rtm27

The TDK discs are on sale this week at Office depot. + / - R $10.99/50. Have you scanned them in dvd identifier to ascertain the maker. The TDKs have become their house brand now. The first TDKs I used, were very good TYs, years ago. LMAO

AfterDawn Addict
_
18. January 2009 @ 11:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The TDK's that I've used in the last year or so have been TTH02 or TDK 003 and believe it or not have done ok. I'm not saying they match MCC 004 or TY stuff but better than the MBI and Ritek stuff I've got in the last 2 years. Of course it's always better to stick with TY or MCC media if you can. :)

...gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. January 2009 @ 11:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is is as good as their old brands, Ritek or ricohjpn that I've been using for daughter and giveaways. Who's going to win the big games today???

_
18. January 2009 @ 11:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My Sgt. at work told me about this, but I forgot to check. Radio Shack has TDK's +/- 50pk's on sale for $9.99. I just checked online, and the sale is till 24 Jan.

_
20. January 2009 @ 09:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Recieved my Verrbatim DVd-R 100ct 16x Spindle from newegg yesterday and arrived well packaged and intact and atleast this spindle is MIT FWIW Think they still have'em onsale but the price is the same as it was before $20.99 & free shippimg ?- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. January 2009 @ 10:18

bratcher
_
20. January 2009 @ 16:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Walked into a Houston Sams club & found that they have the Verbatim 100 pack + & - R white inkjet printable DVD's for $29 & some change. I saw both MIS & MII in the 100 packs so if you want MIS then check the label before buying. Note: these are not hub printable discs!!
_
20. January 2009 @ 17:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- Yeah Buddy !!! The samsclub here in Central La. ( Baton Rouge ) Have been selling the 50ct. Spindles of Regular ( not Printable ) Verbatims for $10.87 for a while now Dvd+R or DVd-R's but only the 50ct. spindles & only the regular ones @ that price ! I don't know it as fact but I would surmise that they are gonna standardize and just carry the printables and maybe the camcorder sized Disc so they're getting the regular ones out at a good price !!! I have also noticed that the paper tag/sign that says how much these are also says one-time buy/sale? so perhaps they just got a really good deal on a container shipload of them & are passing along the savings ? regardless a deal is a deal When you can get Verbatims for about what we were paying for Officedepot/Riteks & Ricoh's" I would say that's agood thing Martha !!"- I mean bratcher !!!! Good luck & happy Shopping - or as some of our wifes would say " CHARGRE IT!!!!! lol!!!! jk - Ciao Buddy !!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
20. January 2009 @ 17:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rtm27:
My Sgt. at work told me about this, but I forgot to check. Radio Shack has TDK's +/- 50pk's on sale for $9.99. I just checked online, and the sale is till 24 Jan.
Do you know what mid code they are?
bratcher
_
20. January 2009 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- Yeah Buddy !!! The samsclub here in Central La. ( Baton Rouge ) Have been selling the 50ct. Spindles of Regular ( not Printable ) Verbatims for $10.87 for a while now Dvd+R or DVd-R's but only the 50ct. spindles & only the regular ones @ that price ! I don't know it as fact but I would surmise that they are gonna standardize and just carry the printables and maybe the camcorder sized Disc so they're getting the regular ones out at a good price !!! I have also noticed that the paper tag/sign that says how much these are also says one-time buy/sale? so perhaps they just got a really good deal on a container shipload of them & are passing along the savings ? regardless a deal is a deal When you can get Verbatims for about what we were paying for Officedepot/Riteks & Ricoh's" I would say that's agood thing Martha !!"- I mean bratcher !!!! Good luck & happy Shopping - or as some of our wifes would say " CHARGRE IT!!!!! lol!!!! jk - Ciao Buddy !!
The Houston Sams Club has some of those Verb 50 pack discs too. Not printable though for $10.97 each.

I'd love to see the Verb 100 pack white inkjet printables go for $25 or less each though. That I would buy in MIT or MIS!!
_
20. January 2009 @ 18:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- We Can hope for a sale like that can't we There is always hope !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
20. January 2009 @ 23:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ rtm and Garmoon and greensman Thnx for those pullups on the TDk's. I keep getting Office Depot's weekly deals in my E-mail. Didn't know they made them their house brand.

Any word from either Office Depot's, Radio Shack or Office Max and what Id comes up for those TDK's respectively.

@ joleco I'm going to keep that tip in mind on asking about substituting any of Office Max's sale items. They do almost always have sales on the not so popular brands. So a snatch of Verbs at that price is great. Now that some of you confirmed TDK's as pretty good I'm going to check them out. Still have 3 pks. of 50 verbs from Best Buys black Friday, and a 100 pack of New Egg's Riteks which I think were MIT. Kinda like them. pretty smooth.

@ bratcher I've yet to try those white inkjet printables from Verbatim. Even though I don't print I think you said they were still solid so I'm giving them a try.

@ BIG I've been letting those Verbs from Newegg slip me by because I been pretty stacked, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger soon because per the specs they look like the old packaging. Is that what you got? Or is it the DVD+R's that had the old packaging on the verbs in Newegg? Thnx.

OFFICE MAX has these verbs but w/bonus reward program. http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax...tailerid=-99861 Think Newegg might still beat the price w/the free shipping.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. January 2009 @ 23:43

_
20. January 2009 @ 23:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The RiData disks from newegg code out as Ritek R05.

The TDK's from Radio Shack code out as Ritek F16.

The face of the TDK's aren't as dark as some of the older ones I had gotten less than 6 months ago. The spindle design is different. Instead of grooves on the bottom to lock the spindle closed, it's now a screw on cap.

The older TDK's I had gotten from Radio Shack had coded as CMC Mag M01.

dr_ml422
_
21. January 2009 @ 00:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's not bad on the TDK's from Ritek. The older ones from Radio Shack did they do pretty well? some CMC are not bad as the ones they make for HP which I'll never use again.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. January 2009 @ 00:38

Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
21. January 2009 @ 00:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- We Can hope for a sale like that can't we There is always hope !!!!
Oh yes, keep hoping!!

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork