User User name Password  

Sunday 16.6.2024 / 13:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
21. January 2009 @ 00:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
@ rtm and Garmoon and greensman Thnx for those pullups on the TDk's. I keep getting Office Depot's weekly deals in my E-mail. Didn't know they made them their house brand.

Any word from either Office Depot's, Radio Shack or Office Max and what Id comes up for those TDK's respectively.

@ joleco I'm going to keep that tip in mind on asking about substituting any of Office Max's sale items. They do almost always have sales on the not so popular brands. So a snatch of Verbs at that price is great. Now that some of you confirmed TDK's as pretty good I'm going to check them out. Still have 3 pks. of 50 verbs from Best Buys black Friday, and a 100 pack of New Egg's Riteks which I think were MIT. Kinda like them. pretty smooth.

@ bratcher I've yet to try those white inkjet printables from Verbatim. Even though I don't print I think you said they were still solid so I'm giving them a try.

@ BIG I've been letting those Verbs from Newegg slip me by because I been pretty stacked, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger soon because per the specs they look like the old packaging. Is that what you got? Or is it the DVD+R's that had the old packaging on the verbs in Newegg? Thnx.

OFFICE MAX has these verbs but w/bonus reward program. http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax...tailerid=-99861 Think Newegg might still beat the price w/the free shipping.
Yes the Verbatim white inkjet printables (they are not hub printable though) are as good as the branded Verbatim DVD's. I've had great scan results with them.
Advertisement
_
__
_
21. January 2009 @ 08:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's not bad on the TDK's from Ritek. The older ones from Radio Shack did they do pretty well? some CMC are not bad as the ones they make for HP which I'll never use again.
The older TDK's have held up well for me. I have some Sony's to finish first, then I'll see how these new TDK's are.

dr_ml422
_
21. January 2009 @ 10:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ rtm I see. Yeah keep us posted. I had to rethink my whole strategy on which discs to keep n which to give out.

@ bratcher Do you prefer the hub printables mostly, or just as much get the non-hub printables as well? I know you like to print yours so I'm guessing prolly the hub printables, if a lil more pricy.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
bratcher
_
21. January 2009 @ 13:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ rtm I see. Yeah keep us posted. I had to rethink my whole strategy on which discs to keep n which to give out.

@ bratcher Do you prefer the hub printables mostly, or just as much get the non-hub printables as well? I know you like to print yours so I'm guessing prolly the hub printables, if a lil more pricy.
I prefer hub printable in DVD format although I also use non hub printable Verb DVD's sometimes.

Haven't found hub printable CDR's so I just use the non hub printable type. Honestly? I love printable discs!!
dr_ml422
_
21. January 2009 @ 13:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:

I prefer hub printable in DVD format although I also use non hub printable Verb DVD's sometimes.

Haven't found hub printable CDR's so I just use the non hub printable type. Honestly? I love printable discs!!
I hear you. Just be printable. Lol... Thnx.

bratcher
_
21. January 2009 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:

I hear you. Just be printable. Lol... Thnx.
Your welcome. After I bought my Epson RX680 I let my supply of non printable DVD's & CD's run out & haven't bought any of those since. Nothing wrong with them, I just like to be able to print my own discs!!
_
22. January 2009 @ 04:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- Well That's what counts in the greater sceme of things anyway ! you Buy /use what you find works best for you and what you like !!! can't fault that Logic Cheers buddy !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
skinflute
_
22. January 2009 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just bought a 50 pak of the Verbatims DVD+R from Office Max for $15 with the blue purple wrapper around it. All they had was the Made in Taiwans. The code for them is MCC 04 (Mitsubishi's) so they should be good quality.
_
22. January 2009 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
skinflute- you could've probably got the same disc @ Samsclub For $10.87 assuming That there is one near you ! And you have access to it ? But you got Verbatims so your happy and that's what counts !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
yazz
_
23. January 2009 @ 00:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
15 pack Verbatim DL MIS for 19.99 at Future shop in Toronto.
bratcher
_
23. January 2009 @ 02:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
bratcher- Well That's what counts in the greater sceme of things anyway ! you Buy /use what you find works best for you and what you like !!! can't fault that Logic Cheers buddy !!!!
Exactly!! I just don't use regular branded discs & sharpies anymore. Am I happy with printing my discs? Yes I am. As long as my RX680 keeps working & I can get ink for it I'll be buying printable discs.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. January 2009 @ 02:22

_
23. January 2009 @ 07:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher-yeah I can appreciate that ! - I like a label art as much as the next person I suppose But I already Burn ( pun unintended) through enough ink doing the DVD covers ! I realize that The 5'Inch or so diameter of a CDR or DVD Is much smaller than a Dvd Cover but it all adds up and A. I'm Cheap ,B. I'm Cheap , C. I'm still Cheap , D. I'm practical For the 10 Seconds i'll actually see the disc 5 coming out of the case to the player and 5 going back to the case I can put up with sharpie Label art/writing !,E. Yes I use Generic ink cause you guessed it I'm Cheap!!!,F. Tried the outboard inktanks /Continous inkjet Systems was'nt duly impressed ( Plumbing issues? Messy !! ect), I'm not saying I'm right Sharpies work for me that's all - like Printables work for you and countless other denizens of afterdawn.com !!!another thing I like about the sharpie scene is if you mess up your label and your fairly quick about it You can erase your Boo Boo with a little Isopropyl alcohol and a Soft cloth or tissue paper ( Works better with some disc than others) and redo do it ! you cant do that with ink printables can you ? I have two Lightscribe burners 1 in the old desktop & one usb plugged into the new desktop so If I want real label art I'll use that ! I don't use it often ( Shortens laser life or so I've heard ) But I have tried it & It works well enough I suppose if you like a Monotone Image ? anyways Good luck my friend and enjoy Collection & Hobby CiaO !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
23. January 2009 @ 09:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher-yeah I can appreciate that ! - I like a label art as much as the next person I suppose But I already Burn ( pun unintended) through enough ink doing the DVD covers ! I realize that The 5'Inch or so diameter of a CDR or DVD Is much smaller than a Dvd Cover but it all adds up and A. I'm Cheap ,B. I'm Cheap , C. I'm still Cheap , D. I'm practical For the 10 Seconds i'll actually see the disc 5 coming out of the case to the player and 5 going back to the case I can put up with sharpie Label art/writing !,E. Yes I use Generic ink cause you guessed it I'm Cheap!!!,F. Tried the outboard inktanks /Continous inkjet Systems was'nt duly impressed ( Plumbing issues? Messy !! ect), I'm not saying I'm right Sharpies work for me that's all - like Printables work for you and countless other denizens of afterdawn.com !!!another thing I like about the sharpie scene is if you mess up your label and your fairly quick about it You can erase your Boo Boo with a little Isopropyl alcohol and a Soft cloth or tissue paper ( Works better with some disc than others) and redo do it ! you cant do that with ink printables can you ? I have two Lightscribe burners 1 in the old desktop & one usb plugged into the new desktop so If I want real label art I'll use that ! I don't use it often ( Shortens laser life or so I've heard ) But I have tried it & It works well enough I suppose if you like a Monotone Image ? anyways Good luck my friend and enjoy Collection & Hobby CiaO !!!
Which printer do you have & what kind of generic ink do you use in your printer? Supermediastore has some for my Epson RX680 however I'm thinking about trying the generic ink from 4Inkjets first. As much as I print DVD's, DVD covers & CD's that Epson brand ink is just way too expensive!!
skinflute
_
23. January 2009 @ 13:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use to print on all my dvds. I have an Epson RX580, which is a piece of garbage. The price on Epson ink cartridges is ridiculous. I used to buy the G&G ink but now I can't find it anymore. Lately Ive been using the refillable kind that I bought off Ebay (some guy named BigDrop). You just keep re-filling the same cartridge but now I have all types of problems like print quality, printer not recognizing cartridges, showing wrong ink levels. I'm fed up with Epson.
bratcher
_
23. January 2009 @ 16:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by skinflute:
I use to print on all my dvds. I have an Epson RX580, which is a piece of garbage. The price on Epson ink cartridges is ridiculous. I used to buy the G&G ink but now I can't find it anymore. Lately Ive been using the refillable kind that I bought off Ebay (some guy named BigDrop). You just keep re-filling the same cartridge but now I have all types of problems like print quality, printer not recognizing cartridges, showing wrong ink levels. I'm fed up with Epson.
What is G&G ink? You might try the ink at www.4inkjets.com as I've heard that people have had problems with ink from Supermediastore.

Why do you call your RX580 a piece of junk? My RX680 (basically the same printer) works just fine. And I'll agree that Epson brand ink is priced way too high. Epson basically gives a printer away then makes a good profit on the ink it uses.
_
23. January 2009 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- I Think I kno what he's talking About ? G&G was A brand / Label name that was used By whoever as Making Ink for Meritline ? maybe Or Possibly Ezyinkjets.com and I've used them before with no problems ! The only Caveat to buying Generic Inkjet cartridges is You'll Get whoever's ink they're sourcing from at that time! In practice this has not proven to be a problem atleast not in my case!But everybodys set -up is not the same so what works for some may not for others ect... Personally I think Epson makes A good printer - Like sony makes a Good Tv But I also Am astute enough to know that you can get a Lemon/clinker /piece of junk even from the best of brands - not as often but I'm sure it happens occasionally . Also The universal Truth - You've all been waiting for it ! Wait, Wait Wait !!! Okay here it is { everything Man Makes Breaks and Everything GoD Makes Dies } So assuming that Our Erstwhile FRiends Epson is not alive - We might conclude that it could be broken 0r possibly worn out ? he never mention how long he had his printer or how often he has used it did he ? so we can only draw Possible conclusions at best ! regardless I wish him luck and everyone else as well later !

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. January 2009 @ 17:03

bratcher
_
23. January 2009 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- I Think I kno what he's talking About ? G&G was A brand / Label name that was used By whoever as Making Ink for Meritline ? maybe Or Possibly Ezyinkjets.com and I've used them before with no problems ! The only Caveat to buying Generic Inkjet cartridges is You'll Get whoever's ink they're sourcing from at that time! In practice this has not proven to be a problem atleast not in my case!But everybodys set -up is not the same so what works for some may not for others ect... Personally I think Epson makes A good printer - Like sony makes a Good Tv But I also Am astute enough to know that you can get a Lemon/clinker /piece of junk even from the best of brands - not as often but I'm sure it happens occasionally . Also The universal Truth - You've all been waiting for it ! Wait, Wait Wait !!! Okay here it is { everything Man Makes Breaks and Everything GoD Makes Dies } So assuming that Our Erstwhile FRiends Epson is not alive - We might conclude that it could be broken 0r possibly worn out ? he never mention how long he had his printer or how often he has used it did he ? so we can only draw Possible conclusions at best ! regardless I wish him luck and everyone else as well later !
Thanks for the info. My Epson RX680 (bought from Best Buy) is 2 weeks short of being a year old. Moderate use and no problems with it thankfully. Bought it mainly so I could print on DVD's, CD's & DVD inserts. I don't print much on regular paper. Just every once in awhile. Besides Lexmark never made Vista drivers for the X63 so I had to buy a new printer. Epson is the only maker in the USA that can print to discs so thats what I went with.
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2009 @ 18:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You guys might look at the new Kodak printers. I have a buddy that has one and really likes it. Ink carts are cheap too. :)

...gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2009 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@skinflute

Here is another cheap ink site.

http://private.abacus24-7.com/home.aspx

Some Canons can be flashed to copy dvds with the proper cassette. I believe Canon in Europe comes with this option as standard. The Canon inks(generic) I used are $1.59 each!

bratcher
_
23. January 2009 @ 19:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
@skinflute

Here is another cheap ink site.

http://private.abacus24-7.com/home.aspx

Some Canons can be flashed to copy dvds with the proper cassette. I believe Canon in Europe comes with this option as standard. The Canon inks(generic) I used are $1.59 each!
4Inkjets still has cheaper ink. Even though my RX680 is still working great after 11 months & 2 weeks I may go ahead & buy 2 or 3 more from Epson since they are cheaper than Amazon & I can't find anywhere that sells them locally. Whats nice is the Epson site has a %60 rebate which can be combined (%60 each) if you buy more than one. $109 till Jan 31st with free shipping is not bad for this printer when Amazon sells it for $184!!

Why would I buy 3 or 4 new printers? Well, I'm not sure how long Epson will have this model & it's the only one that will print directly on a disc.
stuntfoto
_
24. January 2009 @ 00:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Funny we're talking about ink... 2 weeks ago i bought a ink reservoir system for my Epson RX300. I dont know if they make them for your printers.. but if they do its a hell of a steal.. Its Called a continuous inking system CIS or CISS for short.. Like a cartridge with a tube connected to an ink box and I LOVE IT! If you need links for where i bought it let me know.. I will never buy another ink cartridge again.. Worth every one of my $59.95!

There can be only one, 1
_
25. January 2009 @ 09:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BestBuy - $12.99 Sony 16x DVD-r & Dvd+R's 50Ct. Spindle ! Not a bad Price But I'd still Take the Verbatims @ samsclub for $10.87 a tub if they still have them ? Better Media @ a Better Price point !

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. January 2009 @ 10:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Bigtoxy

Glad you got your paper today. Still waiting on mine! And it's not even raining.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. January 2009 @ 11:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
You guys might look at the new Kodak printers. I have a buddy that has one and really likes it. Ink carts are cheap too. :)

...gm
just looked at the new ones at kodak.com. none of them print to disc like the epsons do....

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-16x...er-thermal.html

100pcs for $34.99 16x dvd-r
SMS has them for $39.99

think i might try some 16x-r TYS....
Advertisement
_
__

_
dr_ml422
_
25. January 2009 @ 17:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BestBuy - $12.99 Sony 16x DVD-r & Dvd+R's 50Ct. Spindle ! Not a bad Price But I'd still Take the Verbatims @ samsclub for $10.87 a tub if they still have them ? Better Media @ a Better Price point !
That's not a bad price BIG, but you're right about the Verbs. If Sams still has them that's a better deal. Besides, Staples usually has the Sony's at $22.99 or so 100ct. spindle, so that sale at Best Buy isn't that great.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork