User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 19:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
9. July 2009 @ 11:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just ordered two for the free shipping. Never had a problem with these disks.

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. July 2009 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by blivetNC:
I hate to one up the Ol' luvable swamp guy, but Supermediastore.com has the Taiyo Yuden 8X value line on sale for $19.99 for a 100 pack, free shipping on orders over $25.00.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...ialINTO

$40 BUCKS DELIVERED FOR 200 DISCS!! GOOD DEAL bLIVET!! :D

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. July 2009 @ 12:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good for y'all but I booktype and DVD-Rs don't; the price is fantastic tho and would have bought at least 300 if they were T02s +Rs. Woe is me.

bratcher
_
9. July 2009 @ 13:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Maxell 16x DVD-R 100 oacks $19.99 each with free shipping.

http://www.buy.com/prod/maxell-dvd-r-4-7.../201935126.html

Oops, sorry. The Maxell sale was posted on the last page before this one by someone else & I don't see a way to delete this post. Oh well, I won't worry about it....

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. July 2009 @ 13:08

_
12. July 2009 @ 09:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
- Verbatims 16x DVD+R & DVD-R $ 12.99 per 50Ct. Tub/cakebox/spindle !0fficedepot -TDK® 16X DVD-R or DVD+R Media 100-PK MEMBER PRICE $17.99
Non-Member Price $19.99, SAVE $18
(Reg. $37.99)
thru Jul 18- Work life Card members ! officemax=
<< Back
VERBATIM® 16x DVD+/-R, 100-Pack
SAVE $35

$24.99
(Reg. $59.99 )

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
18. July 2009 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
best buy has verbs 50ct for 12.99 and officemax has 100ct verbs for 24.99.tdk 100pk is also 19.99.similar to last weeks specials.actually they are the same sales this week as posted last week by the ever vigilant bigtoxy.have a great weekend ad members!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
bratcher
_
1. August 2009 @ 21:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Microcenter has 100 pack Verbatim DVD+R 8x for $19.95

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0315395

The discs are silver shiny, say nothing about Verbatim on the white label or on the discs themselves although not only do they have a valid Verb mid code (MCC003) but the DVDInfopro tests I just got were great!!

Now whether you consider $19.95 to be a good price for them is up to you. I was in the store to get a Western Digital My Book 1 terrabyte external usb drive & saw a big table of these 8x disc spindles in the middle of the store not too far from the CD & DVD media. So I picked one up & brought it home for the usual testing. Looks fine with a sharpie & burns great at both 4 & 8x. I'm going to burn one at 1x in my Magnavox standalone DVD recorder & I'm fairly sure the DVDInfopro test results will be good also. I only wish it was silver or white inkjet printable!! Oh well, I'll use them up anyway....
dr_ml422
_
2. August 2009 @ 10:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's great on the verbs. of course the price is good. I don't think unless they're getting rid of them at some location that you would find a lower price. And 8x is also a +. Usually one sees the 16x on sale. I haven't used the Verbs at 8x yet, just the Tys.

I'm still pretty loaded w/verbs and some Tys so i'll chill out. Also just got back from vacation so you know thw rest.

Otn, I will not be buying anymore Riteks. I brought some flics over w/me on vacation and they were screwed up. i then checked what blanks they were burnt on. Ritek. Kinda pissed me off because was enjoying a flic w/my daughter until the whole thing started pixilating/disintegrating as I call it.

Tys and Verbs have not failed me, and even the maxells that code out as either Prodisc or occasionally Maxell haven't disappointed me but maybe a couple of times.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. August 2009 @ 10:18

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. August 2009 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml the Verbie DVD+R 8x are wonderful discs... I've used 100's of them and NO issues that weren't human AFAIK... :)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
dr_ml422
_
2. August 2009 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx 4 the confirmation. I also found out either through here or another source that DVD+R's of any brand are faster also. Why I don't know, but I've backed up and burnt both +/-R's and the +R's were faster. I'm glad now we have most players/equipment that supports +r's as a while back it was limited to just few sources.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
maxxjulie
_
2. August 2009 @ 16:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i've found that verbatim media is the best there is...you can buy in a store. comparing verbatim to taiyo yuden is like comparing dog crap to fillet mignon. i've been burning for many years with different burners and i've done god knows how many quality scans with nero cd-dvd speed. verbatim usually doesn't give great quality scans unless you get lucky. it's highly overrated media cuz the alternatives in stores are complete garbage. i buy verbatim cuz they are always on sale cheap so I use them as throw away dvd's. anything for archival is a no brainer. taiyo yuden all the way.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. August 2009 @ 16:29

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. August 2009 @ 18:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You used to be able to buy TY media in the stores here in US. They were disguised as Sony +R X8 made Japan and sometimes even TDK were TYs, also 8X. I think I bought 1000 of the TY T02s Sonys X8 and have less than 100 left. good stuff there.

bratcher
_
3. August 2009 @ 01:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
You used to be able to buy TY media in the stores here in US. They were disguised as Sony +R X8 made Japan and sometimes even TDK were TYs, also 8X. I think I bought 1000 of the TY T02s Sonys X8 and have less than 100 left. good stuff there.
Yes I remember tracking down all the Sony TY's I could find (at any price) in the Houston area a few years ago & have none left. But then I buy 99% of my media online nowadays. What's neat (while in Microcenter) is I went by the sales aisle (where returned & damaged stuff is) & found a 50 pack of Verb 16x white inkjet printable for $10.99 instead of the $13.99 they usually sell it for. Only thing wrong was a cracked case. The discs inside were fine.
bratcher
_
3. August 2009 @ 01:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
dr_ml the Verbie DVD+R 8x are wonderful discs... I've used 100's of them and NO issues that weren't human AFAIK... :)
I'll agree since I've burned a few hundred Verb 8x discs that they are wonderful stuff. Equal (IMHO) to Tayio Yuden in burn quality although I'll admit that I still love to burn TY media.
_
9. August 2009 @ 09:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SONY 16X DVD+R, or DVD-R's $12.99 a 50ct. Spindle @ Bestbuy this week !!!!ALSO oFFICEdEPOT - tdk- 16x dvd-r & dvd+R '$ 10.99 PER 20CT. SPINDLE !!!!TDK 16x DVD-R Media 100ct. spindle $19.89 with free shipping @ buy.com FWIW anyways !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. August 2009 @ 08:49

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. August 2009 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I took best Buy up on the 16X +R Sony DVDs-bought 3 spindles. They code out as Sony D-21 made in Taiwan. I have a 100 cake spindle too and have not used these Sony D21s yet. Anybody had good success with them? Still on Sony X8 TYs and 16X verbs.

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. August 2009 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had excellent success with the D21 discs.

Every so often, I'll find that the bottom disc of a 100/spindle has a bad spot from rubbing during shipping . . .

Maybe 3:1000 . . another random coaster - 2;1000

out of thousands of burns with Sony D21 . . 98%-99% success rate with my BenQ, Samsung and LG burners

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
_
9. August 2009 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catfreak- Yup!!! I'm pretty much Either Somy or Verbatim media-wise if I'm gonna buy from a Brick and mortar store Vs. online -Meritline, Supermedoiasstore ,newegg ect... !!!! Great hearing from you BTW !!!! have a Good one !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. August 2009 @ 17:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks catfreak- I thought they were good but wasn't sure. Duh I guess I could burn 1 or 2 and find out.

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. August 2009 @ 23:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Thanks catfreak- I thought they were good but wasn't sure. Duh I guess I could burn 1 or 2 and find out.
That would be to easy, wudnit?? LOL

AfterDawn Addict
_
30. August 2009 @ 15:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Guys and Gals

The only sales I saw today in the Sunday paper were at Office Depot-Best Buy nada- OD's TDKs which had been coding out as Ritek F16-001s which I use as giveaways. The 50 spindle +Rs are $9.95 this week but do NOT code out as Riteks. I got two and one was CMC Mag M01 and the other was TDK-003. The TDK made ones concern me, the CMC Mags are probably ok.

So beware at OD, they have 3 brands of their TDK +R discs. The cake boxes all look the same and say "life on record".
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. August 2009 @ 15:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
According to DigitalFAQ, TDK003 is first class media . . .

_
30. August 2009 @ 19:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catfreak-anyways of telling who oem's Tdk's by the wrapper - Codes or Tub style ?Like you can with Maxell ? Have'nt bought Tdk's in a great while ! atleast since the days of 8x Media { I feel so Old !!!!)- Riteks I've Been Lucky with TDK 's well They were either TDK or Ricoh ( 4x Tdk DVD+R's )- I'm not a media snob !!! But I tend to stick to The Stuff that works for Me ! { taiyo 's Verbatims , Sony 's Maxell & Sony MIJ if I run across Them ? with Maybe Riteks & Ricoh's for Giveaways !!! - Well That's about all For me now - Peace ON earth Goodwill Towards Man & allThat Jazz - Later everyone!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. August 2009 @ 21:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know of any way to tell . . .

Hey garmoon, how about looking over the two cakeboxes you purchased very closely for us . . maybe one stack is slightly higher than the other? Or maybe some difference on the wrapper?

I do know that both are MIT so that won't help . . .

And BIGTOXY69, how have you been, my friend?

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. August 2009 @ 21:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
According to DigitalFAQ, TDK003 is first class media . . .
I've had good luck with the TDK-003 media. I've used them in the past for about 200 burns and NO issues that I know of. ;) Don't tell CREAKY tho... he hates TDK. hehehehee. :P

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork