User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 23:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - mod and firmware discussion > guide for installing 3.52m33-4 then 3.71m33-4 ,3.80m33-5 or 3.90m33-2 with 1.50 kernel
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE FOR INSTALLING 3.52M33-4 THEN 3.71M33-4 ,3.80M33-5 OR 3.90M33-2 WITH 1.50 KERNEL
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
9. October 2007 @ 08:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
done,i ve juz finish upgrade to 3.71M33-2 n glad my snes r wrkin,not like b4...

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. October 2007 @ 08:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by luffypsp:
done,i ve juz finish upgrade to 3.71M33-2 n glad my snes r wrkin,not like b4...

lol thats the first thing i checked,to see if my snes emulator works,before i upgraded my main one:)

PRIVATE MESSAGES ASKING FOR HELP WILL BE IGNORED, USE THE FORUMS TO ASK YOUR QUESTIONS!!!
jollybean
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
9. October 2007 @ 12:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Sicdude

Now that I've got my PSP onto 3.52 M33, how do I go about playing PSX games on this? I already have a few games ready to go on - tried copying them (KEYS and EBOOT) to the game folder but they don't fire up - just show as corrupted files. Do I need to install an emulator?
jollybean
_
9. October 2007 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jollybean:
Hi Sicdude

Now that I've got my PSP onto 3.52 M33, how do I go about playing PSX games on this? I already have a few games ready to go on - tried copying them (KEYS and EBOOT) to the game folder but they don't fire up - just show as corrupted files. Do I need to install an emulator?
Sorry - the PSX files show up as restricted content - any idea on what's going on here?
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. October 2007 @ 12:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
put them into a folder called "whatever the game is" then copy the folder to game folder

PRIVATE MESSAGES ASKING FOR HELP WILL BE IGNORED, USE THE FORUMS TO ASK YOUR QUESTIONS!!!
jollybean
_
9. October 2007 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I did that but no joy. Any other suggestions? Should I try to reinstall the 3.52 M33 firmware?
pspluvr
_
9. October 2007 @ 15:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I still didn't get a response to what happened to me. I may have named the wrong file 371, so I'll try again.

The thing is, after I switched the names to the two files (371 and EBOOT), I got a Corrupt Data icon. This process doesn't take to change very well. I'll have to start over fresh.

BTW, the error I got was "The game could not be started (DADADADA)."
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. October 2007 @ 23:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just follow the guide it states quite clearly which files needto be renamed:)

jollybean
_
10. October 2007 @ 06:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Sicdude. I've tried the upgrade to 3.52 M33 on another PSP and this worked fine - it plays the PSX games, no problem. I then switched the memory card to the PSP which wasn't playing PSX games and still found the "Restricted Content" message coming up instead of the icon for the PSX game. It looks like the upgrade on that PSP didn't go through successfully - I'm thinking about attempting it again. Can I simply just go through the same steps as before or do I need to downgrade back to 1.50 and then start again?
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. October 2007 @ 07:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
downgrade back to 1.50
recovery folder http://www.sendspace.com/file/j3j2e2
_
10. October 2007 @ 07:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
3.71m33-2 runs the recovery folder in 3.x kernel doesn't it? If so, no 1.5 for me -_-..

Oh well, still got my pandora's battery :D
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. October 2007 @ 07:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Rav3:
3.71m33-2 runs the recovery folder in 3.x kernel doesn't it? If so, no 1.5 for me -_-..

Oh well, still got my pandora's battery :D

to downgrade 3.71m33-2 back to 150 use this http://www.mediafire.com/?1pcuoqmz0py
spoon_key
_
10. October 2007 @ 11:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi again sicdude

Please confirm that the recovery folder goes in the PSP\Game folder and is used from the recovery menu (R trigger)

Thanks
wllmdgn
_
10. October 2007 @ 11:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kxploitpatcher, what is it and were do i get it
spoon_key
_
10. October 2007 @ 11:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The installation files has a folder called 1.50only, its in there,
jollybean
_
10. October 2007 @ 11:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Sicdude - sorry to keep hassling you. Just another question. How do I do the recovery?
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. October 2007 @ 11:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
put the folder in PSP/GAME now go into recovery mode and select RUN PROGRAMME AT PSP/GAME/RECOVER/EBOOT.PBP
spoon_key
_
10. October 2007 @ 12:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry to post again I just wanted to ask if the following is normal.

When I used the Pandora and Magic MS on 2 other PSP's to go to 3.71 M33-2, both PSP's were now nicknamed the same as the Original PSP I made the Pandorna and MS with?

Thanks
jollybean
_
10. October 2007 @ 14:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Sicdude. Got it working now! There was one significant thing I did differently this time and that was to format the memory stick again before carrying out the 3.52 M33 install. Once I did this and followed the instruction for install, everything started working fine. Don't know why but it does.

Thanks for all your help dude!!

By the way, I also managed to downgrade the 2.81 PSP and bring that up to 3.52 M33 as well, thanks to your instructions.

Now I'm curious, is it worthwhile my staying at 3.52 or should I take the 3.71 plunge? I've scoured other forums and some users are saying the 3.71 update isn't as stable as the 3.52. Is that true?
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. October 2007 @ 23:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jollybean:
Hi Sicdude. Got it working now! There was one significant thing I did differently this time and that was to format the memory stick again before carrying out the 3.52 M33 install. Once I did this and followed the instruction for install, everything started working fine. Don't know why but it does.

Thanks for all your help dude!!

By the way, I also managed to downgrade the 2.81 PSP and bring that up to 3.52 M33 as well, thanks to your instructions.

Now I'm curious, is it worthwhile my staying at 3.52 or should I take the 3.71 plunge? I've scoured other forums and some users are saying the 3.71 update isn't as stable as the 3.52. Is that true?

not true it is just as stable as 3.52m33-4,its just that some plugins won't work because of different programming on sony's behalf:)
_
11. October 2007 @ 00:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol sicdude, did u try the recovery LE yet?? n also the update plugin prx??
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. October 2007 @ 01:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by luffypsp:
lol sicdude, did u try the recovery LE yet?? n also the update plugin prx??

yeah they quite cool:)
_
11. October 2007 @ 04:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how to install them?? i'm afraid to mess with my flash without any guide as i'm new in 3.71...
McMini
_
11. October 2007 @ 06:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I get the error "The game could not be started (DADADADA)." .. ?
Advertisement
_
__

_
zap_rahul
_
11. October 2007 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by McMini:
I get the error "The game could not be started (DADADADA)." .. ?
I think you are still using 1.5 kernal switch back to 3.7 kernal.

Shutdown by holding the poweron button till the light turns off. Now hold down the R shudder button and turn on. you will get the M33 recovery menu... goto advanced and change the kernal.

Cheers...!

MY (+[__]%) - 3.51(out of box)>3.71>PB 1.5>3.52M33-4>3.71M33>3.71M33-3+1.5v2

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - mod and firmware discussion > guide for installing 3.52m33-4 then 3.71m33-4 ,3.80m33-5 or 3.90m33-2 with 1.50 kernel

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork