User User name Password  

Monday 30.9.2024 / 03:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2011 @ 22:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've only purchased TDK DVD-R a couple of times . .

The older DVDs were 8x TTH01 and the Professional Grade 16x DVD-R (from SMS) were TTH02 . . I no longer have the packaging, but I believe that they were MiT

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that the TDK DVD-R 16x at Office Max are CMag AM3 . . .

I haven't purchased TDK in several years . . but I really, really like the MiT Sony +R discs !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2011 @ 23:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
. . . and while I'm still here . . on Tuesday the 15th, I will have been a member of this fine site for seven years !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2011 @ 23:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
. . . and while I'm still here . . on Tuesday the 15th, I will have been a member of this fine site for seven years !

Let's party... drinks are on GARmoonY!!! :D

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
14. March 2011 @ 11:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Big lots Stores { Baton Rouge la. } Had the verbatim Lifestyle 16X Dvd-r 25Ct. tubs for $5.oo ea. Saturday Which breaks down to .25 per disc before taxes ! And if I remember Rightly They Code as Cmc But They Burn Real Good In my Mighty -Litey ? I believ that they code out Like the TDK's Cmc disc and they burn Good too ! Officedepot will have the 100ct. TDK's on sale this seek too TDK® DVD-/+R Recordable Media 100-PK for $18.99 so if you don't have to have the Verbatim name on your disc & packaging you can save by buying the TDK® DVD-/+R Recordable Media 100-PK @ officedepot rather than the Big lots find ? Still it's nice to find something other than Philips Media or JVC { Old JVC not taiyo } at Big lots This was at the Siegen lane store if that matters ? I had'nt been to the florids Blvd store in a Few weeks so can't vouch for that location ? like I said FWIW Good luck & happy Hunting !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. March 2011 @ 17:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
On Oct 4 this year will be my 7th anniversary also.

On Tuesday (Ides of March-15th) 1971 I was drafted into the Army dental corps. They called it a commission but I was drafted. LOL

Drinks are on me for the Afterdawn anniversaries. I must admit I spent one of the best 13 mos of my life in Korea in '72.

Congrats catfreak

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. March 2011 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
On Oct 4 this year will be my 7th anniversary also.

On Tuesday (Ides of March-15th) 1971 I was drafted into the Army dental corps. They called it a commission but I was drafted. LOL

Drinks are on me for the Afterdawn anniversaries. I must admit I spent one of the best 13 mos of my life in Korea in '72.
Must be nice . . I spent 9 months of pure HELL in Cambodia during late 1970 . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. March 2011 @ 12:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
15. March 2011 @ 12:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1.92 for me as well. A tempting deal. However, I have lots of disks for my personal use. And I generally store my Dvd backups on WD drives now :D Until they let me down anyway...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
_
15. March 2011 @ 14:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD's are still for me, anyway, that's a good deal.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
15. March 2011 @ 14:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I will however buy BD backup disks. The TY's And Verbatim LTH discs have my complete support so far :D

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
16. March 2011 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If anyone can find these, I will be in your debt! I would love even a single disc with my name on it! :D

Found a polish site, but that obviously doesn't help me :(

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. March 2011 @ 16:24

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. March 2011 @ 16:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
If anyone can find these, I will be in your debt! I would love even a single disc with my name on it! :D

According to myCE, these are fake Ricoh/Ridatas!

http://club.myce.com/f76/fake-ricoh-dvd-r-dl-220845/

They are sold under a variety of other brand names as well. Straight up Junk! I know it says -R in the link, but they also show the 8x +Rs as well!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
16. March 2011 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well...I have memorex +RW's that have infodisc dyes. I have found them to be decent discs, provided I do a full erasure before burning to them. Otherwise there'll be high PIF counts. Verbatims on the other hand, burn well regardless ;) I would like a rewriteable dvd with my name on it. No other reason but that :p Silly I'm sure...

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. March 2011 @ 17:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well...I have memorex +RW's that have infodisc dyes. I have found them to be decent discs, provided I do a full erasure before burning to them. Otherwise there'll be high PIF counts. Verbatims on the other hand, burn well regardless ;) I would like a rewriteable dvd with my name on it. No other reason but that :p Silly I'm sure...
Oman7,

These are so inferior that this DL one scored a 0! That's pretty bad!

Russ

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
16. March 2011 @ 17:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1. the layer break typically has a large spike
2. I'm talking about Infodisc dyes, not Rico

:p

I do have Falcon media that codes those dyes. I've still only burned one disc. It looked similar to that scan though. I believe it plays properly though.

BenQ scanners vary quite a bit from Lite-on scanners too. I don't trust them. Though I do see their uses.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. March 2011 @ 17:17

bratcher
_
16. March 2011 @ 17:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:

According to myCE, these are fake Ricoh/Ridatas!

http://club.myce.com/f76/fake-ricoh-dvd-r-dl-220845/

They are sold under a variety of other brand names as well. Straight up Junk! I know it says -R in the link, but they also show the 8x +Rs as well!

Russ
The Windata (as sold by Microcenter) has this Ricoh mid code too. They burned ok at 4x (I haven't seen any freezing or pixillation yet) about 2 years ago but I haven't bought any since them. An 8x burn had much worse scans so it's junk alright!!
_
16. March 2011 @ 19:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[bOmegaMan7 b][/b][/b

While I can understand the Whole Vanity Issue Of What you are talking about ! Like getting a Vanity License Plate for Your Car, Truck, Van or Urban Assault Vehicle ! I'm More a As long as it Works It Can Have anybody's name on it and be any color ! { A holdover From my Audiophile past I suppose ? It was always the same Story , Every time I went shopping For Gear ! " I want this the Other Customer would say " , Does it Come in Black ? All My gear Is Black !!! And Invariably The answer was always No !!! , It only Comes In silver , and then the same Thing but No only In Black , OR That weird Color Champagne ? " At which point The salesman Either Tried To sell The Customer a Whole One brand system { Blister-packs ] I used to call them ! or The customer Would be digruntled and leave ! While There is nothing wrong with a One brand system Provided you get The Best gear in each Product - Tuner , Preamp, Amp, Tape Decks Equalizers ect... Then that's perfectly Fine ! But { there is always a Butt somewhere isn't there ?] The Fly in the ointment is While some Brands of Hi-Fi Are Excellent full line Brands across The Board !!! Like Sony { IMHO] Provided you Get The Best of Each Type Device they Make ? , Most Companies Excel In one area or maybe 2 - Sony { Tuners , Tape Decks } I know that sounds Like A contradiction of My last statement But I'm Talking if you Put Your Own system together Vs. The Old-timer salesman @ Crazy Eddy's !!! Onyou Tuners Tape Decks , Receivers & amps ect... Basically i you Put Together a Mixed Brand System and Picked the best or best you could afford You could end up with some pretty decent Gear and sounds and it would reflect your preferrenes Not Big Louies Downat Crazy Eddy's ! I Kind of went of on a tangent here but Here Goes Nothing { usually exactly what My opinions are worth LOL!!!} If you want Some media with Your Name on it Why Not either Get some Printables { Verbatims , Taiyo's ect... and Just Print them with Your Name / logo's on them Or if your Into Light-scribing you could do it That way too !!! The new Colored Disc Would probably Look Coller than the Original Gold-sh , Brass/ tan Color ones though ? Or In a Pinch you could Go to the courthouse with $ 25.00 and just change you name To Verbatim or Taiyo -Yuden if You Prefer ? I would have Even Mentioned JVC !!! { New -Taiyo } But I'm afraid someone already Took that one !!! LOLL!!! Anyway - Live long and Prospect Spock !!!!! " Scotty ! " ther are no Hot alien babes on this planet Beam me up !!!!!!! Aye' Cap'n !!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Peace !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. March 2011 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oman... I"m not sure where those are made but I"m guessing China or Hong Kong (yeh it's China too.. lol) but most media that comes from those MID's seem to be inferior.... I'm sure there is the exception to the rule or even a company or two has their discs (VERB) outsourced to a Chinese factory... either way I would be leery of those Omega discs... NOTHING against the name but the MID worries me. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
bratcher
_
16. March 2011 @ 20:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Oman... I"m not sure where those are made but I"m guessing China or Hong Kong (yeh it's China too.. lol) but most media that comes from those MID's seem to be inferior.... I'm sure there is the exception to the rule or even a company or two has their discs (VERB) outsourced to a Chinese factory... either way I would be leery of those Omega discs... NOTHING against the name but the MID worries me. ;)
Anybody remember Playo & Nexxtech? AML & some other mid code. Both from China & lower quality than the usual DVD's.....
bratcher
_
16. March 2011 @ 20:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anybody remember Playo & Nexxtech? AML & some other mid code. Both from China & lower quality than the usual DVD's.....
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
17. March 2011 @ 00:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL! guys.

I just think it's cool, that a media is called Ωmega. The name stands out with me. What's funny is, in 2003 when I chose the name, NOTHING inspired me. It simply reminds me, that I can do anything I set my mind to. I never heard of the movie, and maybe heard the word a couple times. It simply reminds me, that I can do anything I set my mind to. You're probably right though. I can buy a Printable +RW and make it look way cooler. I do have some advanced photshopping skills :p The name is like an omen to me. A good luck charm. If I had the disk, I would likely put it on display...

Yes, the name means a lot to me. Long story, and somewhat personal...

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2011 @ 01:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Nexxtech were terrible... ONLY took one spindle and about 50% failure rate in 6 months.... they weren't even good when first burnt... just horrible discs... lol.

morean51
Inactive
_
17. March 2011 @ 01:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can anyone tell about a discount sale in India

morean51
bratcher
_
17. March 2011 @ 02:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nexxtech were terrible... ONLY took one spindle and about 50% failure rate in 6 months.... they weren't even good when first burnt... just horrible discs... lol.
Thats interesting....

I burned some video DVD's on Nexxtech DVD-R 16x media with the Samsung burner in my computer at 8x & 4x plus at 1x in a Magnavox standalone DVD recorder. Many of that one 50 pack I bought have not been played yet in a different standalone DVD recorder (I wore the other one out in 3 years) while the ones I have played had no problems of any kind in the playback. Those discs are over a year old & might be 2 years old now. The scans are really bad so I guess my current Toshiba DVD recorder has some really good error correction in it. I've gotten perfect playback with 8x & 16x Playo too so go figure. Those were also burned at 8x, 4x & 1x. Lucky I suppose although I don't use garbage media anymore....
Advertisement
_
__

_
TreePro
_
17. March 2011 @ 03:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats interesting....

I burned some video DVD's on Nexxtech DVD-R 16x media with the Samsung burner in my computer at 8x & 4x plus at 1x in a Magnavox standalone DVD recorder. Many of that one 50 pack I bought have not been played yet in a different standalone DVD recorder (I wore the other one out in 3 years) while the ones I have played had no problems of any kind in the playback. Those discs are over a year old & might be 2 years old now. The scans are really bad so I guess my current Toshiba DVD recorder has some really good error correction in it. I've gotten perfect playback with 8x & 16x Playo too so go figure. Those were also burned at 8x, 4x & 1x. Lucky I suppose although I don't use garbage media anymore....
I just happen to have 3/4 of a 100 spindle of Nexxtech and will take highest bid plus shipping. LOL
My Niece brought them over several months ago to get some copies made. All burned But, all skipped, pixelated and froze on several players.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork