User User name Password  

Monday 30.9.2024 / 05:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bluesbabe
_
11. April 2011 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
A butt ugly scan, My condolences to you. Will that disc even play?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, actually, it plays just fine. Isn't that a stitch....?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. April 2011 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow. Your 7580S has reading issues then.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
bluesbabe
_
11. April 2011 @ 00:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
I believe both of those burners are confirmed NEC chipped drives. That's what you want ;)

Also, consider blowing off your discs before burning. At least inspect them. Defects can cause the spikes you're seeing. Though the burner/media can cause that too.
Does either drive look better than the other? Can they actually be any good at those prices? And yes, I check the discs and give them a blow or a wipe, before I put them in.

PS reading issues? what do you mean, or rather, why do you say that?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. April 2011 @ 00:43

bluesbabe
_
11. April 2011 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow. Your 7580S has reading issues then.
what about the graph tells you that?
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. April 2011 @ 00:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know which ones considered the best. Since they're NEC drives, I'd trust either one. I don't call them Sony drives. Sony just likes slapping their name on things. They're still NEC's drives :p The price should be negligible, but I've never bought a Laptop burner :S

Ive been using the scanning software a long time. It is useful if used right. Once upon a time I used an NEC ND3550A drive to scan discs. Lets just say that even drives that aren't meant for scanning, should be in the general ball park on the graph data. Yours is wayy off. Something is not right there.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. April 2011 @ 00:51

bluesbabe
_
11. April 2011 @ 01:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yours is wayy off. Something is not right there.
OMG
Here's the same disc, scanned on the drive that made it.

If you open previous page in new window, you can compare them.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. April 2011 @ 01:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's much more believable. The previous scan, if accurate simply cannot be played back perfectly.
We should probably continue any more scanning conversations in the appropriate thread ;)

bluesbabe
_
11. April 2011 @ 01:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
\We should probably continue any more scanning conversations in the appropriate thread ;)

Going there now with a response.
bluesbabe
_
22. April 2011 @ 06:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, anybody have an opinion about Double Layer TDK 8X DVD+R 8.5GB media? They are on sale (50/$25) at BUY.COM right now. I've been satisfied with single layer TDK in the past, but I haven't bought any recently, and never tried the DL. What code should they scan?

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. April 2011 @ 06:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't tried them but they should be Ritek iirc. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
bluesbabe
_
22. April 2011 @ 06:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
I haven't tried them but they should be Ritek iirc. ;)
Yeh, but is that good, or bad?
bluesbabe
_
22. April 2011 @ 06:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
...as I get a lot better scan results with Verbatim & Ritek DL media.
Hey, Bratcher, when's the last time you got DL Riteks? I'm looking at a sale on TDK DL, and I'm told they're ritek.
bratcher
_
22. April 2011 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bluesbabe:
Originally posted by bratcher:
...as I get a lot better scan results with Verbatim & Ritek DL media.
Hey, Bratcher, when's the last time you got DL Riteks? I'm looking at a sale on TDK DL, and I'm told they're ritek.
Well my first name is Robert & the last batch of Ritek +R DL's was about 2 months ago. I don't remember the mid code however I burned them at 4x (they were 8x speed discs) & they play back (video DVD's) just fine. All I can say is try them (if you wish) & see how they work for you.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
22. April 2011 @ 12:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My luck with Ritek has been So-So. And I'm not talking about scans here. I'm talking about playability. I've recently had problems with Ritek BD's too. I would have thought they learned their lesson with bad DVD media. Now they're screwing up with BD's too. Unreal!

bluesbabe
_
22. April 2011 @ 13:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My luck with Ritek has been So-So. And I'm not talking about scans here. I'm talking about playability. I've recently had problems with Ritek BD's too. I would have thought they learned their lesson with bad DVD media. Now they're screwing up with BD's too. Unreal!
Thanks for the heads up- you caught me just in time, I already had them in my cart.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
22. April 2011 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dual layers, you really want to stick with Verbatims Singapore discs. They're the best, Hands down LOL!

Unless you can get a hold of TY dual layers. I've never been able to get them :( Perhaps ebay...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. April 2011 @ 13:55

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. April 2011 @ 17:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bluesbabe:
Thanks for the heads up- you caught me just in time, I already had them in my cart.
Bluesbabe I can't see NOT buying those discs for 50 cents each. Just buy a tub and see what happens. Bratcher does well with media. Not that Oman doesn't just different luck really. if they turn out nicely then we can all take advantage of a similar deal. ;-)
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. April 2011 @ 18:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm with the Oman stick with the Verbatim +R DLs. I got 2 tubs left from when price crashed at Sams and they stopped selling them. I'm close to 100% using them. I burn them @ 4X or even 2.5X for the earlier ones.
bratcher
_
22. April 2011 @ 23:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not sure if the MID code is CMC or Ritek but Fry's has TDK DVDR 100 packs on sale for $14.99 each until; the 28th.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
23. April 2011 @ 00:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Myself, I'm very conscientious about longevity with the discs. Especially when I have to do data backups for somebody else. No WAY i'd use some cheap $h!t LOL!

bluesbabe
_
24. April 2011 @ 09:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm so-o-o confused.....
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2011 @ 12:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I'm so-o-o confused.....
why?? The DL media from Ritek have had their issues but I think some of that is due to a lacking f/w. New ODD's and newer f/w because of that could produce better burns on the Ritek DL media. ;)

I don't see $25 as a lot of C@$H personally but hey it's your call... I'm sure the sale is over anyways.

Oman brings a valid point with data backups but I'd use the $5 discs if it were me... those are guaranteed for 20+ years iirc, but hey is the data you "save" gonna be needed in 20 years??

Are you using these DL discs for movies, data, music, or what??
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
24. April 2011 @ 13:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Firmware certainly can be an issue. But from what I'm seeing on the blu ray media, longevity has to do with the materials they used for the recording dyes. I imagine they use a cheap process for their dvd media as well. I've certainly received some nasty batches from ritek. I buy their stuff very cautiously. I'm already having problems with their bd media...
I thought they would have learned their lesson with the nasty dvd media. Clearly I was wrong. Their business practices have not changed...

bluesbabe
_
24. April 2011 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Are you using these DL discs for movies, data, music, or what??
Movies, mostly.
(confused because opinions vary...)
I decided to buy a stack and see how they are.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
24. April 2011 @ 16:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nothing better than personal experience. I strongly recommend burning at no more than 50% of the discs max speed though. If it can handle 8X, burn at 4X. But this really does depend on the burner too. Trial and error my friend ;)

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork