User User name Password  

Monday 30.9.2024 / 01:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
27. January 2011 @ 13:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I went to the Staples here in the Apple b4 that other storm we just got, and there was no Sony DVD 50s for $7.99. Only thing they had were Sony DVDs 100 pk. for $19.99 which is still a great buy. I bought 1 tub of Sony DVD+Rs 100 pk.. I already had that $22.99 tub. They also had the Sharpies black 5 pk. for 1 dollar! So I snatched those.

You sure catfreak that it was the B&M Staples and not the online Staples that had that $7.99 sale?

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. January 2011 @ 15:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The B&M Staples here north of Detroit didn't have the special marked in store . . but the discount was given to me at the checkout.

The only restriction was that they limited me to 10 spindles . . came to $84.69 out the door . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. January 2011 @ 15:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
NewEgg has Verbatim DVD+R . .

100 for $19.99 with FREE SHIPPING

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
27. January 2011 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
NewEgg has Verbatim DVD+R . .

100 for $19.99 with FREE SHIPPING

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003
Dang. If I were still burning my Dvd's I'd probably jump on them. Dvds I store on HDD now. Blu rays on the other hand I prefer burn. Storage isn't quite cheap enough to store my Bd's too. Besides. I need a much larger drive for them. I'd estimate a 50Tb drive would make me happy.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. January 2011 @ 17:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
Originally posted by garmoon:
We don't have Staples and I just read where ODepot is closing stores all over country. I also don't need discs. Migrating everything to windows 7 laptop for wife. It's a wonder how much old programs and hardware run on it. Should get my desk top this week.
GARFISH !!! - I mean Garmoon just kidding There is that Office Supply Place off of I-10 east that says Staples and Quill on the side of it ? I've never actually went in the store but I see it When I'm eastbound and down as they say ? It's on the service road not exactly right on I-10 and the quill/staples sign is on the end/side of the building ? I occasionally see a Staples Truck {BOBTAIL} when I'm out and about in the Big City ! The place I'm talking about is on the right and around or right before you get to the Water park if I remember Right ? Probably just deal with industrial { BIG BULK sales} but FWIW that may be worth checking later There Garfish !!!!!!
We don't have Staples and I just read where ODepot is closing stores all over country. I also don't need discs. Migrating everything to windows 7 laptop for wife. It's a wonder how much old programs and hardware run on it. Should get my desk top this week.
GARFISH !!! - I mean Garmoon just kidding There is that Office Supply Place off of I-10 east that says Staples and Quill on the side of it ? I've never actually went in the store but I see it When I'm eastbound and down as they say ? It's on the service road not exactly right on I-10 and the quill/staples sign is on the end/side of the building ? I occasionally see a Staples Truck {BOBTAIL} when I'm out and about in the Big City ! The place I'm talking about is on the right and around or right before you get to the Water park if I remember Right ? Probably just deal with industrial { BIG BULK sales} but FWIW that may be worth checking later There Garfish !!!!!!
you would be correct on the garfish reference-another screen name along with garbayou I have rights to.Have not seen the store you refer to either.Staples and Quill sounds like some snobbish stationary store over by the country club.

you would be correct on the garfish reference-another screen name along with garbayou I have rights to.Have not seen the store you refer to either.Staples and Quill sounds like some snobbish stationary store over by the country club.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. January 2011 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. January 2011 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
pass that doobie my way . . .

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. January 2011 @ 21:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now that's funny I don't care who you are. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
28. January 2011 @ 07:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anybody interested in DVD-R Verbs 100 pack, OfficeMax has a two day sale today and tomorrow instore for $14.95, I don't use minuses myself but for those that do thats not bad.
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. January 2011 @ 08:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Fred... Nice deal!!! ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. February 2011 @ 11:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use the dash Rs but have plenty right now got a 600 pack of Taiyo Yuden for 107.00 shipped last week. winter blows huh guys getting hammered!

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
bratcher
_
2. February 2011 @ 14:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
I'm sure he meant pass that deal (not a joint) my way. But hey if he likes to smoke that stuff then fine by me. I haven't touched it in about 25 years & am not interested in doing so.
bratcher
_
2. February 2011 @ 14:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
I use the dash Rs but have plenty right now got a 600 pack of Taiyo Yuden for 107.00 shipped last week. winter blows huh guys getting hammered!
Which online store was that & were they silver shiny or silver matte?
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. February 2011 @ 19:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
I'm sure he meant pass that deal (not a joint) my way. But hey if he likes to smoke that stuff then fine by me. I haven't touched it in about 25 years & am not interested in doing so.
Actually, I meant 'pass that joint' . . . but I have a medical card so I'm good

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. February 2011 @ 19:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
. . . . and getting back on topic:

From Meritline
100-Pack Maxell (638014) DVD-R 16X for General Use Blank DVDR Media Discs 4.7GB on 100 Pack Spindle
$16.99 (Item#102-730-100)

$16.99 w/Code: MLC102730020225NL1 For First 80 Orders

. . . and a question

Has anybody used the Kodak DVD+R DL discs ?
I keep seeing them for very reasonable prices

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. February 2011 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catfreak according to Joe Ryan the Kodak media is great stuff but it may have changed in recent years.bratcher that was SuperMediaStore Shiny Silver TYs

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
bratcher
_
2. February 2011 @ 23:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
catfreak according to Joe Ryan the Kodak media is great stuff but it may have changed in recent years.bratcher that was SuperMediaStore Shiny Silver TYs
Thanks for that info....
bratcher
_
2. February 2011 @ 23:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Actually, I meant 'pass that joint' . . . but I have a medical card so I'm good
Glad to hear. Even though I don't smoke pot I'm all for making it 100% legal all over the US for any adult to use. That includes growing it for your own use!!
bratcher
_
2. February 2011 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
. . . . and getting back on topic:

From Meritline
100-Pack Maxell (638014) DVD-R 16X for General Use Blank DVDR Media Discs 4.7GB on 100 Pack Spindle
$16.99 (Item#102-730-100)

$16.99 w/Code: MLC102730020225NL1 For First 80 Orders

. . . and a question

Has anybody used the Kodak DVD+R DL discs ?
I keep seeing them for very reasonable prices
Back on topic yes....

Office Depot Magnavox 100 packs + & - R $17.99 each. Might still be CMC mid code though. I didn't buy a pack to test it out even though my Samsung drive does fine with CMC media.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. February 2011 @ 23:34

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
8. February 2011 @ 17:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
3. March 2011 @ 02:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The above TY BD discs that I posted, code as "TYG-BD-Y03-01" recording dyes(even though they have JVC's name all over the package). Taiyo Yuden! Yeah!!! My first Taiyo Yuden BD disc. I'm happier than a fly in Poop!

bluesbabe
_
3. March 2011 @ 13:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone. I realize that "which blank DVD-r media should I use" is the single most frequently asked question, but after reading about a thousand of exactly that post, and the responses, I realize that the answer is constantly changing. I've used Verbatim forever, but Office Max recently tried to pawn off the 'life series' dvds @ $17.99 as the same great verbatim as always, despite horrible reviews here. I no longer trust any media, regardless of its past glory, without a recommendation from AfterDawn. So, I'm asking again- In March of 2011, which is a decent, dependable DVD-r blank media to use, based on your CURRENT experience? And can anyone direct us to acceptable prices for it?
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
3. March 2011 @ 13:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dvd-R? I'd have to say Taiyo Yuden/JVC.
These seem to be your best bet at the moment. Sometimes meritline has good deals though too.

bratcher
_
3. March 2011 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bluesbabe:
Hi everyone. I realize that "which blank DVD-r media should I use" is the single most frequently asked question, but after reading about a thousand of exactly that post, and the responses, I realize that the answer is constantly changing. I've used Verbatim forever, but Office Max recently tried to pawn off the 'life series' dvds @ $17.99 as the same great verbatim as always, despite horrible reviews here. I no longer trust any media, regardless of its past glory, without a recommendation from AfterDawn. So, I'm asking again- In March of 2011, which is a decent, dependable DVD-r blank media to use, based on your CURRENT experience? And can anyone direct us to acceptable prices for it?
I guess it depends on the media your burner likes & gets consistantly good results with. My Samsung DVD burner will burn anything well even CMC which is why I keep buying the Hotan Valuedisc brand from Microcenter since it's cheaper than anything else that I can find.

If your worried about media quality then go online to Meritline (or anywhere else that you like) & get some Verbatim or Tayio Yuden/JVC discs. They will do well for you.
Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
3. March 2011 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Dvd-R? I'd have to say Taiyo Yuden/JVC.
These seem to be your best bet at the moment. Sometimes meritline has good deals though too.
It's much cheaper per disc to buy those by the 600 pack if you can afford to do so.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork