User User name Password  

Monday 30.9.2024 / 09:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. March 2012 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
yeah i Taiyo Yuden are still the best and the premium line has been less expensive than the value line the last few months at SMS. I have been banned to many times to remember for sure when i joined lol
you...... banned? never!! LOL
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. March 2012 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ihoe.... beat me to it!!! LMAO!!!!

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2012 @ 11:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just got my SMS order in for 2 X100 JVC +R X16 DVDs. They are still TYs. Code out TY TO3s. Not that they were on sale but at @$27 free shipping not too bad for +R TY on line. Now have some good media Sony X8 TYs -afew- Verb X16-older azos,regular Sony's X16, and JVC X16 TYs. If only there were some decent movies worth buying.
bratcher
_
6. April 2012 @ 12:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
I just got my SMS order in for 2 X100 JVC +R X16 DVDs. They are still TYs. Code out TY TO3s. Not that they were on sale but at @$27 free shipping not too bad for +R TY on line. Now have some good media Sony X8 TYs -afew- Verb X16-older azos,regular Sony's X16, and JVC X16 TYs. If only there were some decent movies worth buying.
I haven't bought from SMS in about 2 years. Good experience as I remember. I was buying my DVD media from Meritline for awhile however Microcenter has 16x Verbatim Azo dye white inkjet printable (they are not hub printable)for $15.99 each. Since Microcenter is local to me here in Houston I just pick up whatever remaining stock they have there & pay the local 8.25% sales tax. It has the older home user packaging & thankfully doesn't say life series anywhere on the package.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ...duct_id=0232422

Then here is the other version (Datalife Plus Azo dye) not sold in stores that SMS & Meritline still have in stock for as long as the inventory lasts. 17.99 from SMS in a 50 pack + added shipping or a 200 pack for 15.99 with free shipping.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/...e-50-pack-95078

Same discs from Meritline are 13.99 plus added shipping or 35.99 with free shipping which works out to 17.99 per 50 pack.

http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-16x-d...---p-18338.aspx

For me it's just as cheap to pick them up at Microcenter in 50 packs for 15.99 or I could order the 200 pack from SMS at the same price with the free shipping. These discs are not hub printable but that doesn't bother me at all.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. April 2012 @ 10:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've seen this brand (microboards-dvd-r-media) on SMS site has anyone tryed them?

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/...Media%20Savings

at 20.00 bucks a 100s its a good price, my guess they code out as CMC Mag

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
bratcher
_
9. April 2012 @ 15:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What about TTH02 mid code discs such as Falcon or Prodisc? Do they last or do they go bad sometime after they are burned? In other words how stable are they in the long run?
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. April 2012 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by "supermediastore customer review":
VERY disappointed... By Suzanne Trippany on 12/02/2011 I'm very disappointed at the quality of these blanks. The media code is CMCMAGAM3, same thing as most Philips, HP, Magnavox, and TDK DVD-R medias.

I tried burning Microboards 16x DVD-R discs using Lite-On DX-20A4H (external), NEC 3540A (internal), NEC 3550A (external), and Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7220S (internal) burners. I never burn anything at full 16x, so I started off at setting the max speed at 12x. Each discs burnt at 12x using 4 different burners had horrible quality results. I used NERO CD Speed to test the quality & the errors were unbelievable, scoring 0-24. I repeated this process burning discs on 4 burners at 8x and then even at 4x. I quality tested ALL the discs, none scored hired than 43 even burning at 4x.

Overall, not worth your money. Stick to Verbatim or TY printables for reliability.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. April 2012 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@catfreak

I checked a new stack of TDKs from office depot +R X16. They shop around last batch CMCMAG-01. These are Ritek F-16-001. Guess I won't be buying anymore of them for giveaways.
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. April 2012 @ 14:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've always had success with the Ritek F16 . . .

but it's been quite some time since I've used any DVD other than TYG02

bratcher
_
10. April 2012 @ 14:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@catfreak

I checked a new stack of TDKs from office depot +R X16. They shop around last batch CMCMAG-01. These are Ritek F-16-001. Guess I won't be buying anymore of them for giveaways.
Well thats up to you. I've found that both these mids work fine in my Samsung DVDR burner & play back fine both in my standalone Toshiba DVD recorder as well as my Oppo BDP-93 Blu Ray player. but then I don't burn DVD's over 8x so maybe thats why my results with these Ritek & CMC mids from other disc brandsseem to be ok. I've never bought TDK DVDR's however I've haven't had a problem reading TDK discs in my Samsung PC drive or playing one in the standalone DVD recorder & the Blu Ray player that I've recieved from other people.

How bout giving away Tayio Yuden or Verbatim AZO discs instead? Those are always good media...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. April 2012 @ 14:46

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. April 2012 @ 14:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My Ritek F-16's are ok. My NEC optiarcs burn them just fine at 8X. Even the CMC MAG's I've burned were ok. I think Lite-ons aren't quite as good as the Optiarcs though :p And the NEC's listed above seem old to me???

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. April 2012 @ 17:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
@catfreak

Well thats up to you. I've found that both these mids work fine in my Samsung DVDR burner & play back fine both in my standalone Toshiba DVD recorder as well as my Oppo BDP-93 Blu Ray player. but then I don't burn DVD's over 8x so maybe thats why my results with these Ritek & CMC mids from other disc brandsseem to be ok. I've never bought TDK DVDR's however I've haven't had a problem reading TDK discs in my Samsung PC drive or playing one in the standalone DVD recorder & the Blu Ray player that I've recieved from other people.

How bout giving away Tayio Yuden or Verbatim AZO discs instead? Those are always good media...
Are you crazy the Tys and Verbs and Sonys are my precious. I've had good luck with either brand of the TDKs actually. I burn them at 16X-usually Nero Express on the fly. Stuff for me at 12X-NeroRecode or CloneDVD and not on the fly- in my Opti 7240S(NEC) or LiteOn 20A1S. No coasters in a long time. I did recently have a damaged disc from sister that I could not get read.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. April 2012 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was distressed to find out my TDK's were ritek F-16's. But they were a good buy. And they do work for certain types of backups. If I'm doing a project for somebody though, I refuse to give less than a TY or Verb :p Verbatim with the GOOD dyes anyway...

bratcher
_
10. April 2012 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
@catfreak

Are you crazy the Tys and Verbs and Sonys are my precious. I've had good luck with either brand of the TDKs actually. I burn them at 16X-usually Nero Express on the fly. Stuff for me at 12X-NeroRecode or CloneDVD and not on the fly- in my Opti 7240S(NEC) or LiteOn 20A1S. No coasters in a long time. I did recently have a damaged disc from sister that I could not get read.
No I'm not crazy. You give away whatever media yoy want & use the better stuff for yourself. Me? I recently went back to the Verb AZO discs but then I've found that just about any media burns well & lasts for me. Even the cheap stuff. Only discs I've seen go bad were Ritek G05's & the yellow Windats 8x +R DL's. Everything else I've burned was just fine although I won't buy or burn the newer Windata +R Dl's at all.

Last discs I burned before getting the AZO Verbs was a 50 pack of 16x Prodisc which had a TTH02 mid code. No idea if they will stay good over time or not.
bratcher
_
10. April 2012 @ 18:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
My Ritek F-16's are ok. My NEC optiarcs burn them just fine at 8X. Even the CMC MAG's I've burned were ok. I think Lite-ons aren't quite as good as the Optiarcs though :p And the NEC's listed above seem old to me???
I've had good luck with both Ritek F1 & Ritek F-16 discs. Haven't used any in a long time though....
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. April 2012 @ 18:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Plextor ODDs dislike Ritek! so i never used them

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. April 2012 @ 19:00

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. April 2012 @ 18:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A hard drive that dislikes ritek media? Who'd a thought LOL! :p

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. April 2012 @ 18:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I agree with ya bratcher-I think they finally got dvd media just right. My optiarcs love all of it7220S and 7240S I'm confident to burn it all at 16X on the fly if pressed for time.

and Oman7 for family photo projects I do use the good stuff. But I have so few of that.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. April 2012 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any type of project that goes to someone else, gets a Verb/TY :p Although there are some things I prefer go with cheaper stuff. Television shows I DVR for instance.

bratcher
_
10. April 2012 @ 19:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I agree with ya bratcher-I think they finally got dvd media just right. My optiarcs love all of it7220S and 7240S I'm confident to burn it all at 16X on the fly if pressed for time.

and Oman7 for family photo projects I do use the good stuff. But I have so few of that.
Either that ot drive firmware can burn just about anything, even the cheap low grade discs well. 16x? Yes I've had some pretty good results at that speed with the better TY & Verb Azo media however I like to keep it at 8x just to be on the safe side even with the lower grade media out there such as the Emtec 16x +R's with a mid code of AML-003-00 I tried out awhile back. Burns, scans & plays just fine but then I didn't burn it above 8x. I've got some old Nexxtech & Playo discs with that media code burned quite awhile back (at 8x) & one of those played perfectly all the way through the movie this afternoon on my Blu Ray player.

Maybe I was just lucky or something or perhaps my Samsung TSSTCorp SH-S223L likes the lower grade media just like it does the high grade stuff. I might have test burned one of those AML discs at 16x then scanned it with DVDInfopro to check the burn quality a year or two ago but I don't remember what the results were. TY & Verb AZO would have given much better scan results at 16x anyway....
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. May 2012 @ 21:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Really didn't need DVDs yet, but the price was just too good to pass on . . .

JVC Premium Grade 16x DVD+R (Gold Tops) $22.99/100 . . $45.00/200 . . $87.00/400

all are eligible for FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/jvc-dvd-plus-r-16x-premium-grade-gold-lacquer-single-layer-media-100pk-vp-r47hg-100

Don't know how long this offer will last . . . .

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. May 2012 @ 08:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:

JVC Premium Grade 16x DVD+R (Gold Tops) $22.99/100 . . $45.00/200 . . $87.00/400

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/jvc-dvd-plus-r-16x-premium-grade-gold-lacquer-single-layer-media-100pk-vp-r47hg-100

great price and still great discs. I paid $27/100 X2 for them and they code out as TY-TO3s this is my second stash of these JVCs. All have burned great. Not checked, but have been on-the-fly copied at 12-16Xs.
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. May 2012 @ 15:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

great price and still great discs. I paid $27/100 X2 for them and they code out as TY-TO3s this is my second stash of these JVCs. All have burned great. Not checked, but have been on-the-fly copied at 12-16Xs.
garmoon,

Thanks for the link. I just ordered 100 of them. :)

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. May 2012 @ 15:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

garmoon,

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
4. May 2012 @ 16:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:

garmoon,

Best Regards,
Russ
Are these discs gold on the bottom too or the usual DVD color we normally see?

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork