User User name Password  

Monday 30.9.2024 / 07:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
21. October 2011 @ 18:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
An email reply on discs I prefer to use that I posted on a mailing list that I belong to. Oh & PAB means Plays At The BBC which are radio plays recorded from BBC radio then converted into mp3 files. Btw, the deleted group name is a private email list that I belong to & I won't give out it's name or other information about it other than it's an mp3 distro group for radio programs.

Re: [group name removed] NEED DISKS???????
TO: 1 More1 recipientCC: recipientsYou More
BCC: recipientsYou Show Details FROM:Robert M. Bratcher Jr. (yes thats my real full name & I don't mind it being here) TO:group mame removed Message flagged Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:25 PMMessage body

Good discs Wes (I've used them before) but I've recently switched to these & no they are not hub printable but I really like them anyway. White inkjet printable is quite nice but I also like silver injet printable which is why I've switched to them for DVD & CD burning.

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x...---p-18336.aspx

Taiyo Yuden (DVD-R47SPY100SB) / JVC (JDMR-SPY-SB8) Premium Line DVD-R 8X Silver Inkjet Printable Blank DVDR Media Disc No Stacking Ring 4.7GB on 100 Pack Spindle

$37.40 for 100 discs or $70.99 for 200 discs is expensive but since it's with free shipping then I don't complain. In fact the copies of PAB 39 & 40 + PAB 45 & 46 I sent off yesterday were made on these discs. I think I'll stay with these for quite awhile however the below discs are also very good as well as much cheaper & yes I have used all of them in the past.

http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-95186...---p-18352.aspx

Verbatim (95186) DVD-R 8X Silver Inkjet Printable with Hub Logo DVDR Media Discs DataLifePlus 4.7GB in 50 Pack Cake Box

$12.99 per 50 pack without the free shipping or $33.99 for a 100 pack with free shipping. They are not hub printable.

These Prodisc (Spin-X) are also not hub printable but are atill good as far as burning goes.

http://www.meritline.com/prodisc-16x-dv...---p-18359.aspx

Spin-X DVD-R 16X Silver Inkjet Printable Blank DVDR Media Discs, 47DR16-SIH50C, 4.7GB in 50 Pack Cake Box.

$11.25 per 50 pack plus whatever the shipping is.

http://www.meritline.com/prodisc-8x-dvd...---p-18334.aspx

Spin-X DVD-R 8X Silver Inkjet Hub Printable Blank DVDR Media Discs, 47DR8-SIH50C, 4.7GB in 50 Pack Cake Box

$10.95 plus shipping & yes these 8x discs are hub printable but my Samsung DVD burner won't burn these at 8x, only 4x. Still I've gotten some really good burns from these.

To: group name deleted
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:41 AM
Subject: [group mame deleted] NEED DISKS???????

200 Pack Ritek Ridata Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R for $49.96 Shipped at SuperMediaStore
These are the ones I like to use.
Wes

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/...20and%20Storage
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. October 2011 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Originally posted by bluesbabe:
Oman
I think I editted at the same time you were posting, so you missed my last question. Where in ImgBurn do you find info on the burner? I have ImgBurn (haven't downloaded the new update yet) but I don't see where it identifies my chipset. The drive in my Dell laptop is Optiarc, and I want to find out what chipset it has.

Imgburn lets me do the same thing with my Samsung DVD burner but I just leave it alone & it always booktypes +r & +RDL (I don't use RW media) to DVD Rom.

Bratcher my optiarcs have been NEC chipsets current one is 7240S previous 7220S. Both required firmware to bit setto DVD-ROM.
bluesbabe
_
21. October 2011 @ 19:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Oman
I just replied to your last post but it ended up one page back....
bratcher
_
21. October 2011 @ 20:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Originally posted by bluesbabe:
Oman
I think I editted at the same time you were posting, so you missed my last question. Where in ImgBurn do you find info on the burner? I have ImgBurn (haven't downloaded the new update yet) but I don't see where it identifies my chipset. The drive in my Dell laptop is Optiarc, and I want to find out what chipset it has.

Imgburn lets me do the same thing with my Samsung DVD burner but I just leave it alone & it always booktypes +r & +RDL (I don't use RW media) to DVD Rom.

Bratcher my optiarcs have been NEC chipsets current one is 7240S previous 7220S. Both required firmware to bit setto DVD-ROM.
I don't know what chip set my Samsung has nor am I worried about it as the drive works greast as is.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
22. October 2011 @ 00:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The S-ata molex power adapter is only needed, if you are running externally, and don't have the means to give a sata drive power. The IDE/sata signal adapter is if you don't care about looks. And it's also convenient for packing around. My Vantec enclosure is an all in one solution, and looks good too. More for a stationary solution. I use the lite-on in it (LH-20A1S) for scanning dvds. I have another lite-on drive on top of my tower for scanning blu discs once in a while.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 05:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is Tayo Yuden still the best media for recording? or have they changed and some other brand better? I usually record on DVD+Rs 8x...... it's been quite a long time since I've actively been recording.
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 08:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by IHoe:
is Tayo Yuden still the best media for recording? or have they changed and some other brand better? I usually record on DVD+Rs 8x...... it's been quite a long time since I've actively been recording.
I'm not 100% sure either but I just finished burning thru 200 JVC TYs+R X16 and they were excellent. Also using last of Sony TY +R 8X can't get any better. Using also Verbatim +RX16 blue and purple azo not the cake boxes that are white and also a lot of Office Depot
TDKs which are CMags +R X16 and having good results from them. I'm looking out for some more gold JVC TYs. The TDK are almost always on sale at OD.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. March 2012 @ 08:07

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 08:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 08:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IHoe... I've had good luck with the 16X DVD+R discs from TY. JVC now I believe. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
17. March 2012 @ 11:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ihoe, my own opinion, I nevr use anything other than Ty's, JVC Ty's or Verb's, if anything you burn has any type of importance to you that's what I would stick with, if not than by all means go with whatever is the cheapest.
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
ihoe, my own opinion, I nevr use anything other than Ty's, JVC Ty's or Verb's, if anything you burn has any type of importance to you that's what I would stick with, if not than by all means go with whatever is the cheapest.
Right-keep the TYs and Verbs and my giveaways are TDK Cmags.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
17. March 2012 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ah come on... You know Ritek is the new Taiyo Yuden :S LOL!

bratcher
_
17. March 2012 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
Right-keep the TYs and Verbs and my giveaways are TDK Cmags.
CMAGS seems to playback ok in my experience. Never had a problem with one although I'll agree that the AZO Verbs & the TY discs are the better media.

Bought a 50 pack of Falcon 16x white inkjet printable & it turned out to have a TT02 Mid code. A 50 pack of Prodisc 16x silver inkjet printable had the exact same mid code. Don't know if those discs will last or not so I burned another copy at the same time that I burned those to some TY discs just in case the TT02's go bad some day. I'll avoid both of these 2 brands in the future.....
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been using TYG02 that I purchased 1000 of from SMS for a killer price . . they work well enough that I really don't look anywhere else . . .

burn baby, burn !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
17. March 2012 @ 14:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TYG03 is incredible as well. Excellent high speed media with the right burner. I still prefer 12X though :S Been using semi gloss for some time now. Zero coasters, thanks to my wonderful Optiarcs that don't know how to quit.

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 14:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
. . . and while I'm here . . 03/15/2012 was my 8th anniversary here at AD

Time frys when you're flying !

bratcher
_
17. March 2012 @ 14:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
I've been using TYG02 that I purchased 1000 of from SMS for a killer price . . they work well enough that I really don't look anywhere else . . .

burn baby, burn !
Haven't bought any media from SMS in quite awhile although my last puchase from them went just fine. Usually I buy media from Meritline & take advantage of the free shipping. Don't remember whether SMS offers free shipping on media or not.

Sometimes local shopping can be good too. There is a Microcenter here in Houston. They have some Verbatim Azo printable 50 packs left for $12.99 -R, 100 pack -R $25.99 non printable, 50 pack $15.99 non printable. Same prices for +R too of course. None of that is any of the Life Series stuff. Meritline is a bit cheaper but then you have to add shipping so I'll just pick it up from Microcenter & pay the 8.25% tax and maybe (?) save a little money thet way....
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 16:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
. . . and while I'm here . . 03/15/2012 was my 8th anniversary here at AD

Time frys when you're flying !
you got me-mine (8th) is 4 Oct 2012
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
17. March 2012 @ 16:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was aware of afterdawn in 2004, didn't become a member for sometime after :p

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I guess I'm the newer guy on the block since May, 2005!but been computing since 1972.... oooooooppppppps my age is showing!
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2012 @ 23:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't remember whether SMS offers free shipping on media or not.

Free shipping if you order a minimum of $50 . . .

I have a MicroCenter about 5 miles away, I purchase tons of computer parts there . . .

bratcher
_
18. March 2012 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
I don't remember when I joined Afterdawn. 5 or more years ago perhaps....
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. March 2012 @ 09:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That date would be in your personal page.
bratcher
_
18. March 2012 @ 09:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That date would be in your personal page.
Oh ok. Thanks!!

Says I joined on the 24th of March 2004 so that would be 8 years in a few days.....

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. March 2012 @ 09:35

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. March 2012 @ 16:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah i Taiyo Yuden are still the best and the premium line has been less expensive than the value line the last few months at SMS. I have been banned to many times to remember for sure when i joined lol

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork