User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 21:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
18. September 2009 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi bratcher. Yes the Maxell's faired well 4 me also in the past and they were Prodisc. I really can't remember if I had some that coded out differently.

So maybe a $9.99 pack of 25 might not be such a bad idea to try out?

I'm still getting the white printables Prodisc I posted about. I know now what I'm getting.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. September 2009 @ 20:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For quite some time now, the MIJ Maxell CD-Rs have been Taiyo Yuden and the MIT Maxells have been ProDisc . . both are very good.

I am fortunate to have an ABC Warehouse one block from where I live . . and a neighbor who works there (10% discount!) I purchased 500 of the Maxell Pro CD-R there for $2.49/25 pack . . that's all they had

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
bratcher
_
18. September 2009 @ 22:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Hi bratcher. Yes the Maxell's faired well 4 me also in the past and they were Prodisc. I really can't remember if I had some that coded out differently.

So maybe a $9.99 pack of 25 might not be such a bad idea to try out?

I'm still getting the white printables Prodisc I posted about. I know now what I'm getting.
$9.95 a pack, DVDR's right? Seems like a fair price to me.

If I buy online from either Meritline or Supermediastore (whichever is cheaper at the time of order) then yes I know exactly what I'm getting for white inkjet printable media. Or even silver inkjet printable which I've bought from time to time.

I've had great luck with both 8x & 16x DVDR's from Prodisc so it seems to be very good media. About as good as Verbatim or Tayio Yuden I suppose.

I was playing 11 Prodisc audio CD's (32x Memorex Cool Colors) over the last few days that I burned 4 or 5 years ago from mp3's. All of them played perfectly except for the last track from one disc that had noise thumps in the sound that are not in the mp3 file I used to record the track. So I guess that disc is beginning to go bad. No problem as I still have all the mp3's used for that disc so I'll burn another one on a Ritek CDR tomorrow.

Running out of Ritek white inkjet printable CDR's that I got from Microcenter (here in Houston) about 6 months ago for $8.99 per 50 pack (bought 1000 discs or twenty 50 packs that day) & since Microcenter has pretty much dropped Ritek to carry Phillips I checked out Meritline & found 100 packs of Prodisc white inkjet printable CDR's for $16.99 each so I'm gonna buy a thousand or so discs since it's cheaper than the Phillips white inkjet printable CDR's which are made by CMC. Those CMC's burn & play back fine but then so do the Prodisc CDR's so I'm going for the cheaper price this time. The Prodisc CDR's are even cheaper than the Ritek ones at the moment. Oh & I'm a home user. The CDR's I burn to audio are music discs & audiobooks. DVDR's are either movie disc backups or data files.

Haven't checked the DVDR prices though as I've got about 350 8x Tayio Yuden discs left to burn....
dr_ml422
_
18. September 2009 @ 23:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Man, you really burn like crazy. Then again I can understand cause just when you think you're overstocked it's time to reup. The $9.95 I was alluding to are cd-rs by Maxell. A 25 pack. Way more expensive than the 100 Prodiscs I just got a lil while ago for $20.00 straight. The reason I asked for a suggestion was that for $9.99 I'll find out what they code out as. Instead of dropping $22.99 for a 100 of the Maxells that they have at K-Mart also to find out that they're not that good.

This new mom n pop shop I found is going to be my 1 stop shopping for a bit here. They have all Prodiscs original cd-rs and dvd-rs in both regular and printables. Also Ritek of both as well. The Prodiscs came in tape wrap with the authentic name and a AAA stamp of grade A quality. Your Meritline $16.99 Prodiscs are cheaper and I'm sure you'll get free shipping. I don't buy that much if I did it would definitely be something to look at.

For $20.00 a 100 pack of white printable Prodiscs and only 5 blocks away I can't go wrong. I saw the Phillips on Micro. Are they any good? I never used them. You say they are CMC so prolly can't be bad for cd-rs. The sale price Micro has on them right now is great. I don't if there's free shipping after a certain amount of $$$ spent though.

bratcher
_
19. September 2009 @ 06:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Man, you really burn like crazy. Then again I can understand cause just when you think you're overstocked it's time to reup. The $9.95 I was alluding to are cd-rs by Maxell. A 25 pack. Way more expensive than the 100 Prodiscs I just got a lil while ago for $20.00 straight. The reason I asked for a suggestion was that for $9.99 I'll find out what they code out as. Instead of dropping $22.99 for a 100 of the Maxells that they have at K-Mart also to find out that they're not that good.

This new mom n pop shop I found is going to be my 1 stop shopping for a bit here. They have all Prodiscs original cd-rs and dvd-rs in both regular and printables. Also Ritek of both as well. The Prodiscs came in tape wrap with the authentic name and a AAA stamp of grade A quality. Your Meritline $16.99 Prodiscs are cheaper and I'm sure you'll get free shipping. I don't buy that much if I did it would definitely be something to look at.

For $20.00 a 100 pack of white printable Prodiscs and only 5 blocks away I can't go wrong. I saw the Phillips on Micro. Are they any good? I never used them. You say they are CMC so prolly can't be bad for cd-rs. The sale price Micro has on them right now is great. I don't if there's free shipping after a certain amount of $$$ spent though.
1000 discs takes several months for me to burn as I don't burn CD's or DVD's every day. As to restocking I do it when I get down to my last 50 or so discs since I only order online instead of heading to a local store.

Prodisc makes some really good media in my opinion. The Phillips white inkjet printable 50 pack I picked up at Microcenter to test out were made by CMC & seems to be good quality but then I've seen very few low quality CDR's in many years of burning.

Good luck with your media purchases.....
bratcher
_
5. October 2009 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Interesting Memorex CDR sale at Office Depot for the 10 pack on card stock discs. Picked up one marked Ocean for $1.99 that ID's as CMC.

A 10 pack (on card stock) of Memorex Cool Colors music discs I bought for the regular price of $5.99 also ID'd as CMC. Both sets of discs will be used to burn audio CD's on the computer.

In the racks close to the checkout counter I found a single 50 pack of Imation DVD-R's for $9.99 that coded out as Ritek F1. To bad they didn't have any more as I would have bought them at that price!! Not inkjet printable though....

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. October 2009 @ 19:09

_
11. October 2009 @ 18:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sony 16X DVD+R or DVD-R 50Ct.
$12.99 ea/ @ BestBuy This week FWIW - Don't know if they are M.I.T. ( Made in Taiwan ) or not But I would Think that they probably are ? Good luck happy hunting , happy burning & Safe shopping !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
25. October 2009 @ 10:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 16x DVD+R & 16X DVD-R

Bestbuy has Memorex and Officedepot has Tdk 100Ct/ Spindles for $19.99-tax Bestbuy hasmemorex are 50ct. spindles for $12.99 Slim Pickens this week I guess ???

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. October 2009 @ 10:23

_
27. October 2009 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Supermediastore has TY 8X DVD-R (Valueline) media on sale (2 day only Oct 27-28)) for $19.99 for 100 spindle with free FEDEX shipping with over $25 purchase.
I just ordered 2 spindles. Some people don't like valueline, but I have not had any problem with them.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...alue-line-100pk
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. October 2009 @ 09:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by LABOY:
Supermediastore has TY 8X DVD-R (Valueline) media on sale (2 day only Oct 27-28)) for $19.99 for 100 spindle with free FEDEX shipping with over $25 purchase.
I just ordered 2 spindles. Some people don't like valueline, but I have not had any problem with them.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...e-100pk

Thanks LABOY... good value and no pun intended!! ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. October 2009 @ 10:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anyone find a good deal on Paper Sleeves ?

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. October 2009 @ 00:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
anyone find a good deal on Paper Sleeves ?
You have any BIGLOTS in your area?? They normally have the best deal on paper sleeves for a B&M store or even Wally-World. I think that Merit or SMS had them a week or so ago for $4/100 but you had to be one of the first 500 orders or something. Psfftttt. :P

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. October 2009 @ 00:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks greensman but i found some on Meritline for 2 cents each. 24.99 for a 1000 pack i really don't need that many but i couldn't pass that deal up lol

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. October 2009 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks greensman but i found some on Meritline for 2 cents each. 24.99 for a 1000 pack i really don't need that many but i couldn't pass that deal up lol
That is a good deal.... never thought about ordering 1000. LOL. :P

bratcher
_
28. October 2009 @ 12:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I get really good deals with 600 packs of DVDR's & CDR's from Meritline....
bratcher
_
19. November 2009 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FYI.....

Verbatim 16x inkjet printable + or - R 50 packs ar Microcenter are $13.99 each at the moment.

The 100 packs of branded 16x + or - R Verbatim ar $22.99 each.
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. December 2009 @ 12:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ritek DL discs $39.99 delivered for a 50 pack!!

linky

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. December 2009 @ 13:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman

Did you buy all of them?? I had to create an account and by the time I got back to page they were sold out. First time they were throwing in 100 paper sleaves for total 41.xx now gone. Bummer
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. December 2009 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
@greensman

Did you buy all of them?? I had to create an account and by the time I got back to page they were sold out. First time they were throwing in 100 paper sleaves for total 41.xx now gone. Bummer
Sorry... lol. I didn't buy one pack. ;) I was just sharing the news. :p

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. December 2009 @ 18:12

bratcher
_
10. December 2009 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Buy.com deal. Maxell DVD-R 16x $19.79 per 100 pack (limit to packs) & free shipping. Don't know what the mid code might be. Perhaps Ritek or CMC.

http://www.buy.com/prod/maxell-dvd-r-4-7...html?adid=17654

Meritline has Verbatim 16x + R white inkjet printable 50 packs for $16.50 plus shipping.

http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-16x-dv...---p-18450.aspx

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. December 2009 @ 22:06

dr_ml422
_
16. December 2009 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just came from K-Mart. They have the Sony DVD+-R Blanks for $9.99 50 pk. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. If any corrections please post.

Not bad considering when on sale at Staples they're about $22.00 more or less.

Happy Holidays to all.

bratcher
_
16. December 2009 @ 19:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just came from K-Mart. They have the Sony DVD+-R Blanks for $9.99 50 pk. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. If any corrections please post.

Not bad considering when on sale at Staples they're about $22.00 more or less.

Happy Holidays to all.
Stock up & enjoy your sale!! Sadly there isn't a Kmart in the Houston Tx area.....
dr_ml422
_
16. December 2009 @ 23:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, ever since tasting the quality in TYs, Verbs, Ritek, Pro Disc etc..., I go for those sales 1st, and it's almost that time to restock. Sony's are very good for giveaways and presents though.

bratcher
_
16. December 2009 @ 23:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, ever since tasting the quality in TYs, Verbs, Ritek, Pro Disc etc..., I go for those sales 1st, and it's almost that time to restock. Sony's are very good for giveaways and presents though.
TY's are fantastic but then so is Verbatim & Prodisc in my opinion. Never had any trouble with 4 & 16x Ritek however the 8x Ritek G05's went unreadable within a year of burning them.

The only really bad media DVD's I've run across was some generic I tried plus some Playo & Nexxtech media. All of which was total junk.

I remember buying quite a bit of the Verbatim 4x +R white inkjet printable that Microcenter had at a fairly cheap price till I couldn't get any more. Good stuff & they still play back fine today. Never had a problem with 8x or 16x Sony media nor Imation 8 & 16x discs. Microcenter (in the stores but not online) has some 8x silver shiny Verbatim left & my local store has about eighty 100 packs on the shelf. Burns really good. But then I get good results with CMC too so I guess the Samsung DVD burner I use is a good one but then so was the Plextor 716a that I used to use.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. December 2009 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I never had any luck with Prodisc at all!

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork