User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 21:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
16. December 2009 @ 23:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So Imation are pretty good huh? I almost always heard they were crappy. Did they step it up a bit recently, or were the CDs that were not good?

Yes the Sammy's are very good burners. No complaints whatsoever DVD wise. CD wise they're still good, but I do get a write speed micompare w/Imgburn where the desired speed is kicked back to the previous 1. No biggie. I just make it higher so I get my desired set speed.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. December 2009 @ 23:55

Advertisement
_
__
_Chris_
_
18. December 2009 @ 08:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
From quite a few of the posts in this thread, the Verbatim's seem to be one of the best for DVD's, but are there any particular Verbatims that would be any better than the other Verbatims for DVD's please ?

Also, what would be the best for CD's ?
dr_ml422
_
18. December 2009 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by _Chris_:
From quite a few of the posts in this thread, the Verbatim's seem to be one of the best for DVD's, but are there any particular Verbatims that would be any better than the other Verbatims for DVD's please ?

The Verbs are pretty good all around. I heard the DL ones were not made where they used to be or something like that. If you can get your hands on the old purple and white wrapping that comes on the DVD+-Rs, then you'd have the original Verbs that came out w/out all the Logo Print stuff on them if I'm correct.

As far as CDs, the skys the limit. You will never go wrong w/TYs, and Verbs, but not necessary. Prodisc makes some excellent CD-R white printables. They also on occasion, and not too sure how frequent make Maxell CD-Rs which are good also. The Sony CD-Rs are not bad as well. Audio there tends to be more flexability than DVDs.

Also note that your burner is or can be finicky w/certain media whether DVDs, or CDs, so that's either a Google away, or trial n error as most things.

AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2009 @ 10:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by _Chris_:

To add to ml422's post. ;)

I would go with the DVD+R 8x or 16x which should be MCC 003 or MCC 004 MID respectively... but make sure you get the MIT (Made In Taiwan) discs. ;)

If you get the DVD-R, get the 16x version MIT, they have been brilliant for me!!!

If going with the DL discs, get the MIS (Singapore) discs if you can find them.... they are far superior to anything out there!! If you want a deal look at the Falcon media available thru SMS I think. hobbit turned us on to those... good media for the money!!!

hth...

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
dr_ml422
_
18. December 2009 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi greensman. So the Falcon Media is said to be pretty decent. How compared to lets say Sony MIT? If like that, or better I'd say that's a good buy. I need some as I'm almost out, and for the most part need some pretty good for others, and the good stuff for myself. Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2009 @ 17:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Hi greensman. So the Falcon Media is said to be pretty decent. How compared to lets say Sony MIT? If like that, or better I'd say that's a good buy. I need some as I'm almost out, and for the most part need some pretty good for others, and the good stuff for myself. Thnx.
I used a few myself and they seem just fine... NO coasters IIRC. ;)

btw if the Sony stuff is MIT I think it's Ricoh media... could be wrong there. ;) If you know for sure please post and I'll edit mine as well!! tia....

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2009 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
as far as blank CD-Rs buy Taiyo Yuden. If i were you i would buy Taiyo Yuden blank DVD-/+R media online as i do. takes the guess work out of what you're getting

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
bratcher
_
19. December 2009 @ 16:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
While my Samsung burner seems to like just about anything I put into it (including CMC) I wonder why that sometimes it's cheaper buying media locally instead of ordering it online?

Like right now I can get CMC manufactured CDR & DVD + or - R white inkjet printable (on the phillips brand) cheaper from Microcenter than buying Prodisc media through Meritline. Other tham Microcenter doing it as a loss leader? The DVDR's are $13.99 per 50 pack & the CDR's are $7.99 per 50 pack. Both are cheaper then getting Prodisc from Meritline (which seems to be the cheapest media on the site) even though I have to pay local sales tax. Very interesting...
dr_ml422
_
19. December 2009 @ 17:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
While my Samsung burner seems to like just about anything I put into it (including CMC) I wonder why that sometimes it's cheaper buying media locally instead of ordering it online?

Like right now I can get CMC manufactured CDR & DVD + or - R white inkjet printable (on the phillips brand) cheaper from Microcenter than buying Prodisc media through Meritline. Other tham Microcenter doing it as a loss leader? The DVDR's are $13.99 per 50 pack & the CDR's are $7.99 per 50 pack. Both are cheaper then getting Prodisc from Meritline (which seems to be the cheapest media on the site) even though I have to pay local sales tax. Very interesting...
I have no idea myself, but same applies here, and the place I go to isn't a brand name store either. It's a mom n pop Digital Media/Computer shop, and they have Ritek, Prodisc and other CDs, DVD+-Rs cheaper also and no tax. I've been getting my Prodisc White Inkjet Printable CD-Rs from there, and I'm going to see what they have as far as the DVD Blanks. I still will get decent media, but since I'm backing everything up to HDD, I'll get good media to give away or w/e.

It's just 3 blocks away so I can't beat that at all.

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. December 2009 @ 19:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SMS runs Taiyo Yuden on sale for 19.99 for a 100 pack quite often. thats when i order a couple hunderd

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
dr_ml422
_
19. December 2009 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
SMS runs Taiyo Yuden on sale for 19.99 for a 100 pack quite often. thats when i order a couple hunderd
Hi Zo. If you get the sale before any of us please post. At $19.99 I definitely would have to go online.

Are they the 8x or 16x, and do they usually have both +- DVD on sale? I usually shop at SMS for the TYs. Been a while since I stocked up last time, but time to almost re-up again.

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. December 2009 @ 20:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
Hi Zo. If you get the sale before any of us please post. At $19.99 I definitely would have to go online.

Are they the 8x or 16x, and do they usually have both +- DVD on sale? I usually shop at SMS for the TYs. Been a while since I stocked up last time, but time to almost re-up again.
I've NEVER seen the DVD+R's on sale for that price online. :) I have grabbed the DVD-R 8x and 16x for about $20 per 100 tho. ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. December 2009 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes GM is correct its the DVD dash Rs that are on sale NEVER the DVD plus Rs . I will post next time there 19.99 per hunderd and it always a one or two day deal only!

dr_ml422
_
19. December 2009 @ 21:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okie doke. I kinda figured the +Rs would not run that low. I'm been getting +Rs ever since I tried them out, and reading of how they even burn, or read faster. I've noticed the difference, and ImgBurn's bitsetting to DVD-rs is just right.

The Verbs +Rs are on sale occasionally at a decent price. I just about finished about 8-10 50 packs from last year's Black Friday sales.

_
20. December 2009 @ 08:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ZosoIV,
The last two spindles I've bought from SMS have been 8X media, shocked the heck out of me, but very happy with them. Ordered them about a month ago when I got the E-mail notice on the sale.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. December 2009 @ 16:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah i been getting the TYGO-2s also as of late

_
20. December 2009 @ 21:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That is really good to know, will order big quantity next time to stock up.
_Chris_
_
21. December 2009 @ 03:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the replies.
bratcher
_
21. December 2009 @ 15:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by blivetNC:
@ZosoIV,
The last two spindles I've bought from SMS have been 8X media, shocked the heck out of me, but very happy with them. Ordered them about a month ago when I got the E-mail notice on the sale.
There is nothing wrong with buying TYGO2 as I bought a 600 pack of the 8x white inkjet printable (valueline) & it has burned just fine so far plus the inkjet surface is really good. Out of roughly 275 discs in the 600 pack I haven't run across any 16x TYGO3 in the spindles yet but I won't be surpriced of one of the spindles turns out to be 16x.
dr_ml422
_
21. December 2009 @ 23:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Originally posted by blivetNC:
@ZosoIV,
There is nothing wrong with buying TYGO2 as I bought a 600 pack of the 8x white inkjet printable (valueline) & it has burned just fine so far plus the inkjet surface is really good. Out of roughly 275 discs in the 600 pack I haven't run across any 16x TYGO3 in the spindles yet but I won't be surpriced of one of the spindles turns out to be 16x.
What's the deal between the TYGO2s, and the TYGO3s anyway? Are the 2s better and only 8x media? Why the shock over 8x media? They'll burn good at 4x, and if you have a Sammy they'll slowly creep to 8x, and still burn good.

Are the Valueline TYS MIJ as well? How much of a difference are they from the Premium Line? I would suppose the white inkjet printables would be better than regular silver thermal TYs even at the valeline correct? Let me know, as I've always passed on the valueline TYs. Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict
_
21. December 2009 @ 23:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
What's the deal between the TYGO2s, and the TYGO3s anyway?

TYGO-2s = 8x speed media TYGO-3s = 16x speed media same quality,just different burn speeds,some like the 8x better some like the 16x

Are the 2s better and only 8x media? Why the shock over 8x media?

because 16x media is more common nowadays than the 8x media

They'll burn good at 4x, and if you have a Sammy they'll slowly creep to 8x, and still burn good.

Are the Value-line TYS MIJ as well?

yes ALL Taiyo Yuden media is MIJ

How much of a difference are they from the Premium Line?

not alot of difference really, you may get a few that may not score out in nero as well as the the premium-line or a bad burn now and then but its rare

I would suppose the white inkjet printables would be better than regular silver thermal TYs even at the value-line correct?

NOPE exact same quality

Let me know, as I've always passed on the value-line TYs. Thnx.

I've pretty much always used the value-line with little to NO problems. IMO its worth saving a few bucks using them

dr_ml422
_
21. December 2009 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx Zo. Nothing I like more than precise and to the point info. I will be trying out the Valueline.

1 thing, when they say tape wrap, do they mean no spindle whatsoever? If so I hope they package them good so as not to have any broken pieces. Also if no spindle, I guess I would have to use some of my empty ones correct? Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. December 2009 @ 00:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx Zo. Nothing I like more than precise and to the point info. I will be trying out the Valueline.

1 thing, when they say tape wrap, do they mean no spindle whatsoever? If so I hope they package them good so as not to have any broken pieces. Also if no spindle, I guess I would have to use some of my empty ones correct? Thnx.
Sometimes Zo gets a little overboard. hehehee. :p

yep tape wrapped with NO spindle. :) I've ordered a few hundred (all VALUELINE) and NOT lost a disc. Depends on shipping package and company but I've had luck with FedEx and UPS. ;)

hth....

dr_ml422
_
22. December 2009 @ 00:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:

Sometimes Zo gets a little overboard. hehehee. :p

yep tape wrapped with NO spindle. :) I've ordered a few hundred (all VALUELINE) and NOT lost a disc. Depends on shipping package and company but I've had luck with FedEx and UPS. ;)

hth....
Well the verdict's in. I'll be getting some soon. Thnx for the heads up. I just threw some spindles out, but kept some, so i'll be ok.

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. December 2009 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have much better luck from SMS than i do Meritline,and thoses questions have probably been asked 1000s of times dr_ml422 lol

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork