User User name Password  

Monday 30.9.2024 / 01:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. December 2010 @ 23:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This what you get with data life series Verbs +Rs-crying shame!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-M01-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [M01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
2. December 2010 @ 01:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Truly unfortunate. They'll make excellent coffee coasters :p

Damn you verbatim, Damn you...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. December 2010 @ 01:52

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. December 2010 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Truly unfortunate. They'll make excellent coffee coasters :p

Damn you verbatim, Damn you...
Now that's funny right there. :)

I still like the CMC MAG AM3 discs... I know they are DVD-R but I still likes em. :)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
JoeRyan
_
2. December 2010 @ 10:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
CMC makes both the MCC-coded Verbatim discs and the Verbatim Data Life discs. Both use azo-cyanine dye. The difference is that the stampers are different (as distinguished by the MID codes) and the dyes come from different sources: Mitsubishi Chemical for the MCC discs and somewhere else (used to be Ciba Geigi and may still be) for the Data Life discs. Although marketing departments claim "magic pixie dust" superiorities for particular dyes, there is really very little performance distinction between Mitsubishi azo-cyanine and Ciba Geigi az-cyanine dyes. (I'm fairly certain that the 50+ year life expectancy tests were based on material using Ciba Geigi dye.) A greater difference may lie in the optical geometry of the stampers and the processing on the manufacturing lines being used to make the discs. Since Verbatim media are coming from a variety of sources these days, they may be reacting from price pressure caused by competition in a decreasing market.
bratcher
_
2. December 2010 @ 11:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:

I realize some people still bash C-MAG but I've had pretty good luck with it.
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. December 2010 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:

I knew what I was getting when I bought them. I'll hunt you down Joe Ryan if they are not good.LOL The price was right. But I sought out the MCM Verbs when I bought for myself. To me it seems all the great discs have been made that are going to be made.
bratcher
_
2. December 2010 @ 16:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

I knew what I was getting when I bought them. I'll hunt you down Joe Ryan if they are not good.LOL The price was right. But I sought out the MCM Verbs when I bought for myself. To me it seems all the great discs have been made that are going to be made.
Well MCC Verbs & JVC Tayio Yuden are wonderful discs but since I've been using these C-Mag white inkjet printables for $18.99 per 100 pack not one has given me any problems so I'll stay with them for as long as I can get them from Microcenter. My point is why pay top dollar when you don't have to. And yes I've had great results with both TY's & MCC Verbs.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
2. December 2010 @ 16:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ha ha! Whatever works right? ;) I too have had good luck with CMC, but with the bad reviews I HAVE read, it makes me nervous. Plus I worry about longevity. But with how I treat/store my discs, I'll probably never have to worry. You'd probably $h!t a brick if you saw how I store MY discs :p

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. December 2010 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
My point is why pay top dollar when you don't have to
I never paid top dollar for any discs-except the HP one when I paid $400 for my first HP burner? Boy was I undereducated. It's like I say: "you can buy cheap media, or good media cheap"

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
2. December 2010 @ 17:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was pretty undereducated when I bought my HP in 2003. I thought I was ready to start burning with the HP 100i(or whatever it was). It could only burn DVD+RW's, and cds. Ahhh, memories LOL! Had dialup internet back then too :p

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. December 2010 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now THAT'S more like it! ;) I just bought one for 5.20$. Sure is a lot better than 12 - 20$.
Verbatim Blu-ray 2X BD-RE Rewritable Disc 1 Pack in Jewel Case

bratcher
_
6. December 2010 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does anybody make inkjet printable Blu Ray media yet?
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. December 2010 @ 14:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes. I just bought optical quantum discs from SMS. They are Philips media if I'm not mistaken. So far they seem good. Rather impressive for 1$ a disc! My living room player has only stuck it's nose up once, and it was briefly...

Don't know about longevity though. Given how I store my discs, I probably won't have too much trouble :p

Disc Id, for those curious: PHILIP-R04-00

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. December 2010 @ 14:04

redice
_
6. December 2010 @ 22:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes. I just bought optical quantum discs from SMS. They are Philips media if I'm not mistaken. So far they seem good. Rather impressive for 1$ a disc! My living room player has only stuck it's nose up once, and it was briefly...

Don't know about longevity though. Given how I store my discs, I probably won't have too much trouble :p

well thats good to know because i picked up some of those to try from sms.

bratcher
_
6. December 2010 @ 23:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by redice:

A 100 pack of those is about 70 cents per disc.
redice
_
6. December 2010 @ 23:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

the pack that i picked up from sms was a 10 pack for 8.99. they weere on sale a few days ago. OM7 posted the link to them in here.

bratcher
_
7. December 2010 @ 00:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

the pack that i picked up from sms was a 10 pack for 8.99. they weere on sale a few days ago. OM7 posted the link to them in here.
Please let us know how they work out for you!!
redice
_
7. December 2010 @ 00:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Please let us know how they work out for you!!
ok will do. omegaman7 has also ordered and gotten the ones that he order. they seem to be working out good for him.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. December 2010 @ 01:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, they work out really well so far. They've been tried in more than one player, and work well ;) Not sure why the hiccup occurred in my living room player. It was probably just being picky. Because I cross checked the error on an optical drive, and the error was non existent on my BD-Rom drive...
I suppose BD-Rom drives have more skills than the average standalone though :p

Good print job too by the way. For future reference, the hub is 23mm ;)

I've only burned them at 2X though. I may try 4X, but I'm hesitant to do so at the moment. I hear people have had good results beyond 4X though...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. December 2010 @ 01:02

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. December 2010 @ 14:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Meritline is selling Ritek Bluray hub printable discs for 32.99(with coupon). Only 1.32 per disc! Not bad! And they're getting very good reviews. Perhaps ritek is doing better with Blu ray media. Never did care much for their CD's or Dvds :p
Coupon code "MLC243086121020NL1" only 60 uses, so hurry!
BDR-254-RDIWN-CB25

AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2011 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ONLY WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26 ONLY

Staples will have Sony DVDs 50 for $7.99

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
dr_ml422
_
23. January 2011 @ 13:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow catfreak that's a steal, and I was just going to post that I snatched some Sony DVD+Rs for $22.99 at Staples a week ago or so. I'm hitting them Wednesday 4 sure. Thnx for the heads up as always and Happy Belated new Year to all!

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2011 @ 20:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:

Staples will have Sony DVDs 50 for $7.99

Thanks.. that's a good deal for sure!! ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2011 @ 21:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We don't have Staples and I just read where ODepot is closing stores all over country. I also don't need discs. Migrating everything to windows 7 laptop for wife. It's a wonder how much old programs and hardware run on it. Should get my desk top this week.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
27. January 2011 @ 10:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We don't have Staples and I just read where ODepot is closing stores all over country. I also don't need discs. Migrating everything to windows 7 laptop for wife. It's a wonder how much old programs and hardware run on it. Should get my desk top this week.
GARFISH !!! - I mean Garmoon just kidding There is that Office Supply Place off of I-10 east that says Staples and Quill on the side of it ? I've never actually went in the store but I see it When I'm eastbound and down as they say ? It's on the service road not exactly right on I-10 and the quill/staples sign is on the end/side of the building ? I occasionally see a Staples Truck {BOBTAIL} when I'm out and about in the Big City ! The place I'm talking about is on the right and around or right before you get to the Water park if I remember Right ? Probably just deal with industrial { BIG BULK sales} but FWIW that may be worth checking later There Garfish !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork