User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 23:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 10:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TreePro:
NEWEGG sale on Verbatim +/- with AZO dye $16.99 with PROMO code and FREE shipping till 9/23
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003
well that sale went quick-sold out.
Advertisement
_
__
TreePro
_
19. September 2010 @ 11:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
NEWEGG sale on Verbatim +/- with AZO dye $16.99 with PROMO code and FREE shipping till 9/23
Looks like they still have some minus R left. As of a minute ago, anyways. They sure did sell quick, glad I ordered yesterday.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 11:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Looks like they still have some minus R left. As of a minute ago, anyways. They sure did sell quick, glad I ordered yesterday.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005
thanks tree-i don't use -R
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 16:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
come on man you know its DVD dash R not DVD minus R . you guys know that drives me crazy lol

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. September 2010 @ 16:33

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 17:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Zoso you need to find another therapist-dash-it's not helping.

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 20:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Zoso you need to find another therapist-dash-it's not helping.
I agree GARmoonY!! lol.. Besides if one is PLUS then other has to be MINUS!!! :p

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
TreePro
_
19. September 2010 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
come on man you know its DVD dash R not DVD minus R . you guys know that drives me crazy lol
I had a Industrial Mechanics Instructor in High School that literally FREAKED if you called a internal combustion engine a "MOTOR" he considered all that consumed a fossil fuel an Engine and a Motor as using an electrical input. You didn't teach at a vocational school in Delaware did you ? LOL I've heard them called dash and minus about equally. As long as they make me a pretty picture on my TV I'm happy calling them dash.
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 21:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nope didn't teach but i agree with you pass instructor . but it makes for good conversation lol. Joe Ryan would probably know the correct anwser. this is the info i pulled up. right or wrong is up to the experts

DVD-R Media
DVD-R (which is pronounced "dash R" not "minus R") uses organic dye technology, like CD-R, and is compatible with most DVD drives and players. First-generation capacity was 3.95 billion bytes, later extended to 4.7 billion bytes. Matching the 4.7G capacity of DVD-ROM was crucial for desktop DVD production. In early 2000 the format was split into an "authoring" version and a "general" version. The general version, intended for home use, writes with a cheaper 650-nm laser, the same as DVD-RAM. DVD-R(A) is intended for professional development and uses a 635-nm laser. DVD-R(A) discs are not writable in DVD-R(G) recorders, and vice-versa, but both kinds of discs are readable in most DVD players and drives. The main differences, in addition to recording wavelength, are that DVD-R(G) uses decrementing pre-pit addresses, a pre-stamped (version 1.0) or pre-recorded (version 1.1) control area, CPRM, and allows double-sided discs. A third version for "special authoring," allowing protected movie content to be recorded on DVD-R media, was considered but will probably not happen.

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 22:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey greenie.

My key board has only minus signs, the dash sign is the minus sign! LOL And as a matter of interest what is the sign above the minus sign called that is used for underlining????
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 22:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
underscore?

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. September 2010 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
maybe be we should call them _R -underscore Rs- those damn dash marks sneak in, or even "subtract" Rs. I like minus more better; it be more balanced! like plus-minus; yin-yang;add-subtract.

TreePro
_
20. September 2010 @ 00:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I sold small engines and parts people would ask to buy a "Weed Eater" when it actually was a brand of a string trimmer But, a lot of people still calls any brand string trimmer a "Weed Eater". A skid steer loader in this area is commonly referred to as a Bobcat. Another brand name not what it actually was. Before electronics, ignitions years ago used "contact sets" everyone called them "points". So if its dash or minus people probably will continue to use both. Stand behind a parts counter and be surprised what people will call parts, almost like a different version of English they use. The what ya call it bolted to the thing ma gig that controls the widget. Yea they really do!
JoeRyan
_
21. September 2010 @ 09:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD-R was supposed to be pronounced the same way as CD-R: no mention of the hyphen. When Sony, HP, and Philips broke from the DVD Forum and introduced DVD+R, they noted the plus sign and referred to the opposition as "minus" rather than "dash" or "hyphen." So the real way to pronounce it would be "DVDR": 1) because that was the original intent; 2) the sign is a hyphen, not the longer dash; and 3) using "minus" sounds a bit derogatory, just as the DVD+ Alliance intended.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. September 2010 @ 09:51

dr_ml422
_
21. September 2010 @ 10:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Call it what you want, there's no way to just say DVDR since no one will know what you want, - or +. So at this stage of the game going anywhere and saying I want a DVD dash R tub of blanks becomes a useless chore.

I was helping my friend for a couple of minutes at his fruit stand and some couple came to buy bananas. The guy said,"How much are those plantains"?, I said,"What plantains"?, "We don't have plantains just bananas". Bottom line I told him and his wife to keep it simple and just get what they want and enjoy their trip here in NYC. Today here in the Apple their tourists. Back in the late 70's and 80's, even some 90's they were victims. Lol...

No way you would walk around w/a map looking lost in thse days!

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. September 2010 @ 10:18

TX_Outlaw
_
22. September 2010 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by blivetNC:
I bought one spindle, they were made in Taiwan, good quality disks. I don't think I have seen any Made in Singapore Single layer, just the DL variety.
For all you in the Texas area, Sam's no longer stock Verbatium 16X, in fact, they are pretty cheap.. the lowest of the low. So I went to one of the larger compannies and ordered a 100 pack to save my Taiyo Yudens.... looks like a bad decision. The ones that I received were manufactured in the United Arab Emirates. You read it correctly, United Arab Emirates. They are going back tomorrow morning. I ordered them from Newegg. Will get an RMA first call in the morning. I have noticed lately that Newegg had changed their way of doing business. This is my second bad shipment from them in a couple of weeks.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
22. September 2010 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dude! The UAE discs are incredible. Tell me you're joking, please LOL!

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. September 2010 @ 08:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Dude! The UAE discs are incredible. Tell me you're joking, please LOL!
They are good discs but I understand his feelings. ;) I haven't purchased any with that Manufacturer ID either. :o

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
22. September 2010 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So you two prefer the Taiwan discs then eh? Well, I must admit I haven't had any coasters from taiwan. But I haven't had any from UAE either. And I've burnt several hundred UAE. Over a thousand Taiwan though.

TreePro
_
22. September 2010 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My Verbatim order from California Newegg just arrived, they are UAE discs. MCC 004-000 DVD +R. 3 days from California to Delaware ain't bad. Will be my first UAE discs, not fond of the country but, I'll keep them.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
23. September 2010 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They're every bit as good as taiwan or better :p The discs that is LOL!

dr_ml422
_
23. September 2010 @ 08:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Speaking of never having a problem w/Verb DVD+R, I the night before for the 1st time received a can't complete burn error notice from my copying proggie. 1st time in over 700 or so discs myself like mentioned previously. I don't think it was the disc though. I'm pretty sure it was the burner, since I quickly changed the burn speed to 8x and the next Verbie went through like butter.

A quick note:About the only thing we can buy that says Made In USA these days are the top of the line New Balance Running sneakers, and even those have been outsourced to China etc... Hard to get if at all.

I understand fully though with the above sentiments, especially w/all that insanity going on in that neck of the woods iynwim.

_
26. September 2010 @ 08:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
UAE HUH?

Well Damn Hoss !!! Go round up Adam & Find Lil' Joe We's Goin' To Town to see Miss Kitty & The Ladies Down to the Pink Spitoon !!!!!! - LOL !!!! UAE seriously now ? Hey I though I was Bieng Snobish By Avoiding Malaysian Made Sony's and Hong Kong Phooey Made Disc ? well I suppose Given enough Money and The Proper technology & quality Control you Could make Good to Great Media anywhere ? And Though I mean No Offense To our Afterdawn Members or anyone else In The UAE , especially Being I have'nt had the Luck or Misfortune take your pick ? to get some UAE Made Disc yet ! - I Being a Dance with the One What Brung you's Kinda Guy !!! I'll Stick with The MIJ Made Stuff , Taiyo/ JVC -Taiyo /Sony , Maxell MIJ , Taiyo Yudens ect... And The Sony's , Verbatims , & TDK's {MIT} That work For Me !!!! - I would try The UAE disc , Yes I suppose a Sample [ 1 pack /tub / Spindle } if the price was right ? . Otherwise if it Ain't Broke why fix it right ? besides it does'nt appear that my suplly is gonna dwindle to zero anytime soon so other than me applicating my .02 cents { 1.775 cents after taxes } to the thread It's a Moot point - So watch where yer' pointing That moot at okay Buddy Cheers !!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
28. September 2010 @ 06:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Those last 100 DVD+R Verbs from Egg had some dead blanks in it. 1st time in over 700 or so burned. Wonder if they're getting sloppy. Think Made in India.

Anyway need some blanks. Went through all the DVD+R Verbs and just a 1/2 tub of 100PK DVD-R 8x TYS left. I'll check online etc... Anyone else find some good buys please post as usual. Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. September 2010 @ 11:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check Meritline they had Taiyo Yuden/JVC 200 pack for 34.99 shipped

Advertisement
_
__

_
TreePro
_
28. September 2010 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SuperMediaStore has value line JVC Tayio Yuden 16X DVD -R for $19.99 if you buy 2 packs of 100 until Oct, 03 free shipping

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...learance%20Sale

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork