User User name Password  

Monday 30.9.2024 / 01:23
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
19. October 2010 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
And yet I give away Yudens, and keep Verbs for myself :S
I don't buy Tayio Yuden anymore. While it's great media (& overpriced) I prefer the CMC I get from Microcenter under the Hotan Valuedisc brand. Silver/matte (needs a sharpie) 100 packs $15.99 each & the white inkjet hub printable 100 packs are $19.99 each. They burn great & non have failed yet from my experience. Haven't bought a Verb disc in quite awhile & those were silver inkjet CDR's which were some great discs. As to Verb DVD's the last ones I bought was over 8 months ago & they were on sale at the time.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. October 2010 @ 21:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My problem with the Verbs is that there are too many varieties nowadays.

Made in India, UAE, Taiwan (both ProDisc and CMC are making them there for Verb)

I still do most of my burning with my BenQ drives and they consistently give me scans in excess of 95 . .

The best Verb burner I have seems to be my Sammy . . and the ProDisc MIT seem to burn best

As far as the MII Verbs . . GARBAGE !! The UAE are better . but still not nearly as good as a Yuden or Sony

Personally, I find paying between $30-$40 for 100 discs to be reasonable and will continue to do so . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. October 2010 @ 21:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Personally, I won't use even use the DVD+R Verbs anymore (garbage) . ..

It has been quite a few thousand discs since I've used any disc other than 16x Sony or 8x Yudens for myself

As far as using discs that I know are going to go bad . . if you're giving them or burning them for grandkids less than 10yo, I see no reason to give them the 'good stuff'
I agree withthat on the new verbs in the white label tubs. But I just got 200 +R Verbs from newegg with the old coding MCC 004. I probably won't buy any more verbs either, after these. Will stick with TYs and Sonys for myself.
bratcher
_
19. October 2010 @ 21:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
My problem with the Verbs is that there are too many varieties nowadays.

Made in India, UAE, Taiwan (both ProDisc and CMC are making them there for Verb)

I still do most of my burning with my BenQ drives and they consistently give me scans in excess of 95 . .

The best Verb burner I have seems to be my Sammy . . and the ProDisc MIT seem to burn best

As far as the MII Verbs . . GARBAGE !! The UAE are better . but still not nearly as good as a Yuden or Sony

Personally, I find paying between $30-$40 for 100 discs to be reasonable and will continue to do so . . .
$30 to $40 per 100 discs is still too high for my taste. MIT Verbs were great, the MII's are fairly good but I've never tried the UAE ones.
TreePro
_
19. October 2010 @ 22:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My verbatim LTH disc worked, and passed with flying colors. A buddy borrowed my backup, and it played on his BD player. His player is less then a year old ;)

LG just earned my respect. The Verbatim batch seen above (ID - VERBAT-IMc-00) will burn at 8X without any intervention from me. No patched firmwares or anything of the sort. Very impressive. I think I'll likely stick with 6X for now though.
The LG WH10LS30 also reads considerably better than the Lite-on iHES108 so far. Will let you know how this new batch does.
Just saw they put those discs on sale for $15.99 for 10 with promo code. Price like that almost make ya go Blu.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130047&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL101910&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL101910-_-EMC-101910-Index-_-CDDVDMedia-_-17130047-L02D

I see you like the LG burner I have been looking at them and Liteons But, right now I'm setting up a Gigabit network with media players. LG has a NAS N2R1D with a built in burner for $159.99 I'm considering But, CompUSA has the DLINK 321 onsale after rebate for $69.99.
I may buy couple packs of these Blu-Ray discs for future though at this price. I think you can only use code one time.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
20. October 2010 @ 00:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I find the MIT's, and UAE's to be generally equal. In that neither have had coasters. Though the UAE discs have better scan scores. If people really care about that ;) I've never used the -R India discs. I generally use +R's for my archives. Taiyo Yudens for gifts and giveaways, because I KNOW they won't fail. Yes, TY's are definitely worth what we pay. But we shouldn't advertise that, if we want them to drop prices :p

Verbs are awesome, and I've never had a Coaster. At least with the 003/004/MKM 001 discs ;)

The only coasters I've ever had were a Philips Branded disc, and an Imation branded disc. Optodisc/Imation, and Philips/ CMC MAG ???

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2010 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7, what ODD do you have to backup blu-ray? I'm thinking of diving in soon. I have the software both anydvd and dvdfab. dvdfab would probably be easier since it would be a one step process

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
20. October 2010 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had Fab screw up Dvd processes. Which makes me nervous about a long BD process.

I use the LG WH10LS30. It smokes the iHES108 at read speed, and it supposedly has riplock too. Very impressed with the LG drive. I've still only burnt one LTH verbatim disc, but it passed with flying colors :)

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2010 @ 12:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got a question for you pros. A friend wants me to DVR his son playing football on my cox box. I can do this but he wants a copy on a dvd or cd. I'm not savvy on getting the info out of the box to my pc and burning what the files might be.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
20. October 2010 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry, I know damn little about Dvr.

Here's a good deal on LTH BD media :D Not even 1.25USD per disc!
Verbatim Blu-ray BD-R 25GB 2X LTH

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. October 2010 @ 13:09

dr_ml422
_
20. October 2010 @ 19:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ omegaman Thnx for that BD+R info.

You guys serious about verbs going down the drain that much? You got me going now, and it's been a while since I bought Sonys, which I almost always did at Staples on sale. The Tys I haven't bought not so much for the price as for the delivery time from Cali.

I don't know about coasters, though that last batch of 200 discs from Egg of DVD+R Verbs did have some duds which just wouldn't burn at all. 1st time ever on this.

@ bratcher You mean those Hotans are holding up good for your own collection? How long you been using them to know if they'll stand the test of time? These are packaged discs which need a empty spindle to put them in? Thnx.

I'm leary about any discs not the usual ones that have proven their worth, especially for myself.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2010 @ 21:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I got a question for you pros. A friend wants me to DVR his son playing football on my cox box. I can do this but he wants a copy on a dvd or cd. I'm not savvy on getting the info out of the box to my pc and burning what the files might be.
garmoon all you need to do after you record the game is transfer the file to you're PC via using a USB port (just like you would with a digital camera)then convert the file using DVD Flick and burn to DVD it should be a breeze

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2010 @ 21:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Scott. I'm sure I'll have other questions once the recording begins.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2010 @ 22:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you don't have dvd flick here is the link

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552742

freeware

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. October 2010 @ 22:08

bratcher
_
21. October 2010 @ 09:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
@ omegaman Thnx for that BD+R info.

You guys serious about verbs going down the drain that much? You got me going now, and it's been a while since I bought Sonys, which I almost always did at Staples on sale. The Tys I haven't bought not so much for the price as for the delivery time from Cali.

I don't know about coasters, though that last batch of 200 discs from Egg of DVD+R Verbs did have some duds which just wouldn't burn at all. 1st time ever on this.

@ bratcher You mean those Hotans are holding up good for your own collection? How long you been using them to know if they'll stand the test of time? These are packaged discs which need a empty spindle to put them in? Thnx.

I'm leary about any discs not the usual ones that have proven their worth, especially for myself.
I've been using the Hotan Valuedisc brand (CMC AE1 & MO1 mid codes) from Microcenter for about 9 months now without any problems of freezing, skipping or any data loss so I'll stay with them since the price is right. And yes they come in tape wrap without a spindle.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
22. October 2010 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, these damn spammers just don't give up. Lightning will strike you down! LOL!

bratcher
_
22. October 2010 @ 12:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, these damn spammers just don't give up. Lightning will strike you down! LOL!
I reported it as soon as I saw it!!
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. October 2010 @ 19:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like he is offering stolen goods for sale! I don't know any other meaning for Five finger Discount!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

dr_ml422
_
15. November 2010 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm getting another burner and it will most likely be a LG. My 2 Sammys and newly bought ASUS burners don't come close to the reading done by my LG in my other build. I was stuck on a personal copy of Final Destination 2 for almost a day with the Sammys and ASUS. I threw it in the LG just now before and it cut through it like butter.

Omega's right they are better readers, and also the more experienced guys that told me so were also correct.

Otn if any insane deals on Blanks come by, please post as always. This the time to rack up I guess w/all the early sales going on.

I found a sight that supposedly has the older color wrapped Verbs. When I find it again I'll post. The purple w/a lil white wrapped spindles were according to some more informative users the best before these newer verbs came out.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. November 2010 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
These aren't to bad. :)

TDK Professional Grade DVD-R 16x

Buy 2 or more and get them for $18.99 delivered... Site says anything over $25 is shipped free.... ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
30. November 2010 @ 07:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. November 2010 @ 07:47

AfterDawn Addict
_
30. November 2010 @ 08:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fantastic deal!! thanks...

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
30. November 2010 @ 13:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks man! Never bought life series, but it's verbatim, so I won't worry ;) Unless they have a CMC recording dye :S

30$ for 200, I really can't complain. Just bought 10 bluray printables for under 10$ too. They were getting good reviews too :)
Optical Quantum

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
30. November 2010 @ 20:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't used any of those yet, but I thought the price was hard to beat for Verbs+R 16X.

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
Advertisement
_
__

_
TreePro
_
1. December 2010 @ 14:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim with AZO dye for $16.99 free shipping over $25. They are the -R'S the +R was $19.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YJXMI?ie=UTF8&tag=digitalfaq-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0009YJXMI

@ omegaman7
All the Value Line I have seen was CMC and Ritek they none have the AZO dye that the MCC discs have, I don't remember using Life Series But they don't use AZO dye so I don't think have MCC code. Merry Christmas

The +R link
http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97459-Branded-Recordable-Spindle/dp/B003ZDNZSS?&camp=212361&linkCode=wsw&tag=digitalfaq-20&creative=380793

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. December 2010 @ 14:23

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork