User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 23:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
28. September 2010 @ 20:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think the most recent post should be on the first page not the last. oh s**t, this is the wrong thread for complaints.i finaly found a thread with names i remember.by the way is saugmon still around? ( he,creaky and {kivory666-doc ty no less}- were always on top of the media thing) i miss that freaky frog.thanks for the info on the good sales.i burn alot so this always comes in handy.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
any country that sacrafices liberty for security deserves neither---ben franklin.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. October 2010 @ 09:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's a nice deal if you like DVD-R media. ;)

Verbatim DVD-R 16X Life series 200 for $31.99 delivered.
dr_ml422
_
5. October 2010 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Here's a nice deal if you like DVD-R media. ;)

Verbatim DVD-R 16X Life series 200 for $31.99 delivered.
What exactly is the Life Series anyway?

I just ordered 2 100 tubs of DVD+R Verbs from Amazon for $19.99 free standard shipping. The tax got me for about $4.00 and change, though a lot of sites charging tax now. Pretty good buy, only thing they'll be here in another 5 or so days.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
TreePro
_
7. October 2010 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim 100 DVD +R 16X with the AZO dye on sale at Newegg again $18.99 free shipping. Sale till Oct. 13, my last ones was made in UAE.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-17507003-L013D

SuperMediaStore.com has value line JVC Taiyo Yuden DVD -R 16X $19.99 free shipping only till Oct. 8TH. Says you get either TGY02 or TGY03 codes haven't ordered any of these yet.
dr_ml422
_
7. October 2010 @ 17:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TreePro:
Verbatim 100 DVD +R 16X with the AZO dye on sale at Newegg again $18.99 free shipping. Sale till Oct. 13, my last ones was made in UAE.

SuperMediaStore.com has value line JVC Taiyo Yuden DVD -R 16X $19.99 free shipping only till Oct. 8TH. Says you get either TGY02 or TGY03 codes haven't ordered any of these yet.
These value line come in that tape wrap? No +Rs right now? What's up w/those Life Series Verbs? Those the Budget Verbs like value line TYs?

TreePro
_
7. October 2010 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Originally posted by TreePro:

These value line come in that tape wrap? No +Rs right now? What's up w/those Life Series Verbs? Those the Budget Verbs like value line TYs?
Yes, tape wrap on JVC TAIYO YUDEN didn't see any +R at that price. I haven't used any Life Series But, I have used hundreds of the value Verbatim. They came tape wrapped. I imagine the Life Series is about the same only in cake box But not sure. The box doesn't say they contain AZO dye So, they are not Verbatim top discs. Out of about 1000 of the value line Verbatim I had about 10 bad discs. They all copied But, they stopped playing or skipped while playing. 10 out of 1000 ain't bad, now if they play in a few years I'm ok with that.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. October 2010 @ 18:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Skipped while playing eh? Was that your dvd player, or Optical drive. I've found that Optical drives are FAR FAR less picky then the dvd players. I've had stutters, on players, that were not present in an optical drive. And yet in the player, it would happen every time in the exact location. Essentially it was being picky about some little tiny thing...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
TreePro
_
7. October 2010 @ 18:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SuperMediaStore says the value line JVC TAIYO YUDEN is made in Japan So, knowing that I would prefer the value Taiyo over the Verbatim, Not knowing what you get when you order online. I looked at the Verbatims in CompUSA a couple days ago and all the premium discs was made in India and UAE except the 25 pack which was on sale for $4.99 limit one, made in Taiwan But, they let me have 6 by ringing up separately. All the value Verbatim was from Taiwan.
copied from Supermediastore,

What is JV Taiyo Yuden ?Value Line? DVD media?
?Value Line? DVDs are made by Taiyo Yuden but don?t meet their high standards for premium DVDs. Then the manufacturer sells them as ?Value Line?

Are Value Line DVDs made in Japan?
Same as premium Taiyo Yuden DVDs, Value Line DVDs are also made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden.

What is the media code for Value Line DVD?
You may receive DVDs with "TYG02? or ?TYG03? codes.

Is there any warranty for the Value Line DVDs?
SuperMediaStore.com offers 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee for All Value Line DVDs.
TreePro
_
7. October 2010 @ 18:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Skipped while playing eh? Was that your dvd player, or Optical drive. I've found that Optical drives are FAR FAR less picky then the dvd players. I've had stutters, on players, that were not present in an optical drive. And yet in the player, it would happen every time in the exact location. Essentially it was being picky about some little tiny thing...
Yes, players and couple on optical drives. Some would pause and continue repeating in another part. I have recently bought 3 Argosy media players from Newegg and LOVE them things. I will probably not burn as many discs as now. I put WD 750 gig black drives in them, (will take 2 terabytes) 2 usb ports for external drives or wireless adapter and ethernet port. I have them networked to play movies from all my computers and even I tried them wireless and was surprised at quality of play. My son was watching the same movie off the same computer hard drive a few minutes ahead of me and not a single mess up. They up convert to 1080 P HDMI, composite and component outputs. I had Lord of the Rings compressed almost 50% and my son said the Argosy played it so much better than the DVD he played.
dr_ml422
_
9. October 2010 @ 11:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My DVD+R Verbs came yesterday from Amazon. Not bad on delivery time. They are also made in UAE, so they should be fine. My last batch from Newegg were MII.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. October 2010 @ 15:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ahhh, what a cute little bugger LOL!
http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0283369
I may just get one or two next payday, since my player only supports BD-RE. I can see using it to play HD Files and AVCHD burns ;) May have to search better prices first though...

_
12. October 2010 @ 09:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
NEWEGG VERBATIM SALE

[b]
Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc Model 95102
Average Rating 4 out of 5 eggs4/5(580 reviews)
Special combo savings, ends 10/31

In stock. Limit 5 per customer.
Now: $19.99 GIT'R DONE - GREENSMAN !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. October 2010 @ 09:19

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
15. October 2010 @ 16:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just got my first cake package of BD discs. 29.99 at SMS. People have apparently been burning them at 8 and 10X too. Though I don't think I would ;)
http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...max=15&offset=0

_
15. October 2010 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Just got my first cake package of BD discs. 29.99 at SMS. People have apparently been burning them at 8 and 10X too. Though I don't think I would ;)
http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...max=15&offset=0

Let us know how you make out with them omeg.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
15. October 2010 @ 16:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My verbatim LTH disc worked, and passed with flying colors. A buddy borrowed my backup, and it played on his BD player. His player is less then a year old ;)

LG just earned my respect. The Verbatim batch seen above (ID - VERBAT-IMc-00) will burn at 8X without any intervention from me. No patched firmwares or anything of the sort. Very impressive. I think I'll likely stick with 6X for now though.
The LG WH10LS30 also reads considerably better than the Lite-on iHES108 so far. Will let you know how this new batch does.

AfterDawn Addict
_
15. October 2010 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hate to go back to the old stuff. My order from newegg for 2 100Verb+Rs came. I guess i lucked out. I got the Taiwanese MCC 004 AZO dye etc.

dr_ml422
_
16. October 2010 @ 22:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ omegaman That LG Blu-ray burner only burns BD-R/RE? There are no BD+R Blanks available yet are there?

I'm not surprised by LG's better reading performance, they usually have been better readers overall for a while. Though by better I don't know if the reviews/experiences mean they'll read just about anything including discs which would otherwise error out w/other burners.

What's the main feature on those LTH discs that made it pass the acid test? Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
17. October 2010 @ 02:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
@ omegaman That LG Blu-ray burner only burns BD-R/RE? There are no BD+R Blanks available yet are there?

I'm not surprised by LG's better reading performance, they usually have been better readers overall for a while. Though by better I don't know if the reviews/experiences mean they'll read just about anything including discs which would otherwise error out w/other burners.

What's the main feature on those LTH discs that made it pass the acid test? Thnx.
No +R's yet, as far as I know. My burner will burn everything available :D

The LTH discs are supposedly for longevity purposes I think. I bought the non LTH discs, to simply play with them. I'd like to do my OWN experimentation ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. October 2010 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ONE DAY ONLY Saturday, October 23rd ONE DAY ONLY

Staples will have 100 Memosux DVDs for $9.99

Thay'l make great give-aways and Xmas presents . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
Joleca
_
18. October 2010 @ 12:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
ONE DAY ONLY

For your "worst enemies" ;)

~~~~ Nothings Forgotten. Nothing Is Ever Forgotten. ~~~~
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. October 2010 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Joleca:
ONE DAY ONLY

More than likely, the codes will be M01 CMags . . same as Verbatim Value Line and most 16x TDK

Not exactly 'worst enemy' material . . .

TreePro
_
18. October 2010 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Joleca:
ONE DAY ONLY

More than likely, the codes will be M01 CMags . . same as Verbatim Value Line and most 16x TDK

Not exactly 'worst enemy' material . . .
The last thousand Verbatim value line DVD-R I have purchased in past couple months from CompUSA and HHGREGG was all CMC AM3 less than 1% failure rate. If they survive the shelf life test they are great. The TDK I purchased in last couple months from CompUSA are CMC MO1 DVD+R. Only used about 50 and several discs will stop playing or skip. Imation is the parent company of both Memorex and TDK so I guess the quality are about the same. I will not give away a disc to anyone if it is not good enough for me.
dr_ml422
_
18. October 2010 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I agree with the giveaways. Why buy/give away anything substandard if the current regular pricing on our usually good blanks is just as cheap/reasonable most of the time?

I'm sticking w/the DVD+R verbies when on sale and will definitely pick up some JVC DVD+Rs asa they go on sale and I can get them.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. October 2010 @ 17:53

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. October 2010 @ 12:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Personally, I won't use even use the DVD+R Verbs anymore (garbage) . ..

It has been quite a few thousand discs since I've used any disc other than 16x Sony or 8x Yudens for myself

As far as using discs that I know are going to go bad . . if you're giving them or burning them for grandkids less than 10yo, I see no reason to give them the 'good stuff'

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
19. October 2010 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
And yet I give away Yudens, and keep Verbs for myself :S

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork