User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 23:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
22. December 2009 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
I have much better luck from SMS than i do Meritline,and thoses questions have probably been asked 1000s of times dr_ml422 lol
SMS has beem very good to me also since I started w/them, and not only blank discs. Never had a RMA or anything.

Let this jolly holly time pass and I'll start checking for some buys.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
22. December 2009 @ 18:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have much better luck from SMS than i do Meritline,and thoses questions have probably been asked 1000s of times dr_ml422 lol
What do you mean by better luck? I've used Meritline several times for media & never had a problem.
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. December 2009 @ 19:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher, I've seem to have better results from the Taiyo Yuden value-line I get from SMS that Meritline overall

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
dr_ml422
_
22. December 2009 @ 20:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That could be as I've bought the same stuff from different places and also have had different experiences. In this case the reputation of the provider is definitely in question here, as supposedly the TYs are coming from the same place. Japan.

bratcher
_
23. December 2009 @ 13:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher, I've seem to have better results from the Taiyo Yuden value-line I get from SMS that Meritline overall
What exactly are the better results?
_
23. December 2009 @ 23:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim DigitalMovie 8x 4.7GB 120-Minute DVD+R Media 25-Piece Spindle
Today's Deal: $3.99

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=...8&CJPID=1412508

I AM A DUMPSTER DIVER AND PROUD OF IT..
Reach Down & Grab it Or Walk in & Get Some !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. December 2009 @ 03:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by neptune:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=...1412508

Thanks neptune!!! great deal!!! :)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. December 2009 @ 12:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Was in Sam's yesterday and they had Verb 2.4X DL +R discs 50 spindle for a little over $59 + tax. Like the forgetful self I've become, I didn't look to see the MI country. Dummy! I didn't buy any I'll tell Santa to buy them after Xmas when we find out the MI place.
_
24. December 2009 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
It doesn't like me, the price listed when I clicked on it was $6.99. =(

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. December 2009 @ 12:34

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. December 2009 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by blivetNC:
Quote:
It doesn't like me, the price listed when I clicked on it was $6.99. =(
I think it was a ONE day deal. :(

add: shipping wasn't free anyway.... :( I didn't buy any...

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. December 2009 @ 15:27

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. December 2009 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Garmoon save your money and use DVD Rebuilder instead

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. December 2009 @ 01:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ZOSO

Time is money. Rebuilder takes time and more steps and i just prefer to copy selected movies to DLs. I bet I haven't done more than 40 since DLs came out. At 2.4X it takes about 40-50' to do a DL-rip and burn. I'll tell you what, I might do after Holidays, I'll use rebuilder on Harry Potter and compare it to DL and SL burns I have. If I can figure it out again. LOL Now to bed so Santa can come.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. December 2009 @ 01:14

AfterDawn Addict
_
26. December 2009 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon i would burn the DLs at 4x to save a bit of time. using DVD Rebuilder to encode with my system (quad-core)takes anywhere from 30mins to 40mins. let me know how you come out

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. December 2009 @ 10:02

AfterDawn Addict
_
26. December 2009 @ 15:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
never tempted to burn a DL at anything over 2.4X. I'm almost 100% on those burns.
_
30. December 2009 @ 12:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
using DVD Rebuilder to encode with my system (quad-core)takes anywhere from 30mins to 40mins.
My Quad takes a tad longer as it's an older Quad, but still very good runtimes; but my point of posting is that i still haven't ever wanted or needed to use a DL disc to this day. I don't see that changing either as i swear by DVD Rebuilder. But each to their own..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. December 2009 @ 12:05

AfterDawn Addict
_
30. December 2009 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
using DVD Rebuilder to encode with my system (quad-core)takes anywhere from 30mins to 40mins.
My Quad takes a tad longer as it's an older Quad, but still very good runtimes; but my point of posting is that i still haven't ever wanted or needed to use a DL disc to this day. I don't see that changing either as i swear by DVD Rebuilder. But each to their own..

Originally posted by Creaky as originally posted:

Mine is a little longer ............. I don't see that changing either. But each to their own.

I always knew that creaky was a braggart!!! LOL.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. December 2009 @ 12:28

_
30. December 2009 @ 12:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hehe; i'm only now started to make a dent in the stocks of fabled 'sexy Verbatim TY' that i bulk bought in 2005!, most of the tubs are still sealed. My stocks of normal Verbs were getting low so it was time to finally use the sexy ones.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. December 2009 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
Hehe; i'm only now started to make a dent in the stocks of fabled 'sexy Verbatim TY' that i bulk bought in 2005!, most of the tubs are still sealed. My stocks of normal Verbs were getting low so it was time to finally use the sexy ones.
That was a brilliant buy btw... I'm still jealous over that one. :)

bratcher
_
2. January 2010 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I realize that Verbatim & Tayio Yuden are some of the best media out there but if your DVD drive likes CMAG than Microcenter has Valuedisc + & - R silver/matte DVDR's at $15.99 per 100 pack in cardboard & tape wrap meaning you'll need a spindle for them.
_
2. January 2010 @ 20:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I forgot to add, i have used thousands of CMC Mag M01 in the Maxell guise for a few years now, very good discs indeed. Haven't got many left, hope they're still making them.

dr_ml422
_
2. January 2010 @ 21:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
I realize that Verbatim & Tayio Yuden are some of the best media out there but if your DVD drive likes CMAG than Microcenter has Valuedisc + & - R silver/matte DVDR's at $15.99 per 100 pack in cardboard & tape wrap meaning you'll need a spindle for them.
Did anyone postb about these Valuedisc b4? I think so, just can't recall. How are they if you used them may I ask? I just ran out of my 2008 Black Friday Verbs I racked up at Best Buy etc...

I'm also looking to stay DVD+R, so if any input on those in any good brand please post. I'll take some quality DVD-R, but I have noticed a big difference speed wise in Lead Write-in etc... w/ImgBurn, especially after I was told the +R were faster. Thnx.

bratcher
_
2. January 2010 @ 23:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Did anyone postb about these Valuedisc b4? I think so, just can't recall. How are they if you used them may I ask? I just ran out of my 2008 Black Friday Verbs I racked up at Best Buy etc...

I'm also looking to stay DVD+R, so if any input on those in any good brand please post. I'll take some quality DVD-R, but I have noticed a big difference speed wise in Lead Write-in etc... w/ImgBurn, especially after I was told the +R were faster. Thnx.
I don't remember if they had been mentioned before. Just happened to see them on display at my local Houston Microcenter so I bought one to test it out with Imgburn at 16x in discovery mode & then DVDInfopro for the full test results. The disc came out fine with very good ratings for CMAG M01. I'll be using them in the Magnavox DVD recorder after the remaining spindle of Imation runs out.

I'm using TYG02 white inkjet printable in my computers drive right now.
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. January 2010 @ 00:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Verbie DVD+R 16x (I would guess MCC 004) linky

Ritek printables linky

TY DVD+R 8x linky

Prodisc DVD+R 16x linky

I've used Prodisc before but I don't think that I've used the 16x version... but I liked the 8x discs I have. ;) Of course TY is a TREAT with anyone. :) NOW Ritek and I don't get along but they are good media from most users.. just my bad luck I guess. :p

hth.......

dr_ml422
_
3. January 2010 @ 01:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:

Verbie DVD+R 16x (I would guess MCC 004) linky

Ritek printables linky

TY DVD+R 8x linky

Prodisc DVD+R 16x linky

I've used Prodisc before but I don't think that I've used the 16x version... but I liked the 8x discs I have. ;) Of course TY is a TREAT with anyone. :) NOW Ritek and I don't get along but they are good media from most users.. just my bad luck I guess. :p

hth.......
I like those links. The DVD+R Verbs are good, but is 24.99 pretty decent? Also I'm getting more partial towards 16x Media as I can hit 12x for a very good burn. At 8x media are the burns at 8x as good as 4? Has anyone tried the TYs 8x at 6x? I heard they come out pretty good from some posts I've seen, but usual rule is 1/2 speed of disc.

Ritek are sensitive w/me also. If their 16x they have to be burned at 8x as Joe Ryan said. at least that's what happened to me. at higher rates they came out bad. Started digitalizing and flics could not be seen.

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. January 2010 @ 01:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

I like those links. The DVD+R Verbs are good, but is 24.99 pretty decent? Also I'm getting more partial towards 16x Media as I can hit 12x for a very good burn. At 8x media are the burns at 8x as good as 4? Has anyone tried the TYs 8x at 6x? I heard they come out pretty good from some posts I've seen, but usual rule is 1/2 speed of disc.

Ritek are sensitive w/me also. If their 16x they have to be burned at 8x as Joe Ryan said. at least that's what happened to me. at higher rates they came out bad. Started digitalizing and flics could not be seen.
dr_ml... I wouldn't be worried about running those discs at 8x-12x and NOT looking back. Most of the media made now is very good and the burners (firmware really) is superior to what we had in the past. ;) I think the deal for the Verbies is pretty good... that's delivered IIRC. ;) I've found that 8x with the Riteks is spot on as well. :)

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork