User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 23:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
9. January 2010 @ 13:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Bratcher- at the risk of me sounding stupid ? That usually happens when I talk LOL { sad but true ! Have you found any quality Difference in the Ritek Branded Ritek Disc as opposed to the Disc that Ritek has OEM'ed or is OEM-ing For the various Name Brands ? I"ve mainly Used Riteks as Either Maxell or Officedepot Branded disc . Never bought them under their own brand name . And I'm Tlking apples to apples here Same speeds & or Mid Codes if possible . Basically I'm asking if a Ritek Disc is The saame No mattter Who it's made For ? Silly question I guess But Never having used them under their own name like I said I've just wondered about that ? anyways thanks , Happy New year Peace & Brn KaDo Burn !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Advertisement
_
__
_
9. January 2010 @ 18:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've bought alot of those RiData/Ritek branded disks from newegg. They have worked great for me, and rarely give me a bad burn. Couple weeks ago, I bought the HP printable disks from newegg, as they were $14.99 with free shipping for 100pk spindles. Those coded out to CMC MAG-M01.

bratcher
_
9. January 2010 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
Bratcher- at the risk of me sounding stupid ? That usually happens when I talk LOL { sad but true ! Have you found any quality Difference in the Ritek Branded Ritek Disc as opposed to the Disc that Ritek has OEM'ed or is OEM-ing For the various Name Brands ? I"ve mainly Used Riteks as Either Maxell or Officedepot Branded disc . Never bought them under their own brand name . And I'm Tlking apples to apples here Same speeds & or Mid Codes if possible . Basically I'm asking if a Ritek Disc is The saame No mattter Who it's made For ? Silly question I guess But Never having used them under their own name like I said I've just wondered about that ? anyways thanks , Happy New year Peace & Brn KaDo Burn !!!!!!
I've used both 16x Ridata as well as 16x Ritek white inkjet printable without a problem. They all have burned well for me.
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2010 @ 00:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Did the Ridata and Riteks code out as the same discs? Are they F16-001?

@bigToxy

These are the second spindle I bought at Off Dep and they code out as CMC Mags:No problems with them. I'll burn them on the fly at 12X as I did with the Riteks.

They are 16X TDK discs. The first TDK batch was Ritek F16
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-M01-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [M01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2010 @ 00:55

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2010 @ 01:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I know some of you guys Book-type your discs so the reason for using DVD+R discs. ;) I understand that but if you get the chance to burn some CMC MAG AM3 (DVD-R 16X) give them a try... I've had wonderful luck with them and I think they burn as well as the TYG03's or even better if your burner LIKES them. :)

AFA DVD+R discs go I think the MCC 004 discs are very good and difficult to beat. :) I really wanna see the JVC offering and the prices they ask, IF sub $30 with tax I'll try a 100 count and see what happens. ;) I've only tried a few of the YUDEN TO3 discs and NEED to FIND me little stash that I have and "try" some more to really see how they acts. :)

KEEP bringing the deals and the "news" on some of this media so we all can "try" them.. I'm a BIG TY fan as well as MCC stuff.... but I'll try anything once. :p

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
dr_ml422
_
10. January 2010 @ 04:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
I know some of you guys Book-type your discs so the reason for using DVD+R discs. ;) I understand that but if you get the chance to burn some CMC MAG AM3 (DVD-R 16X) give them a try... I've had wonderful luck with them and I think they burn as well as the TYG03's or even better if your burner LIKES them. :)

AFA DVD+R discs go I think the MCC 004 discs are very good and difficult to beat. :) I really wanna see the JVC offering and the prices they ask, IF sub $30 with tax I'll try a 100 count and see what happens. ;) I've only tried a few of the YUDEN TO3 discs and NEED to FIND me little stash that I have and "try" some more to really see how they acts. :)

KEEP bringing the deals and the "news" on some of this media so we all can "try" them.. I'm a BIG TY fan as well as MCC stuff.... but I'll try anything once. :p
I'll be getting the Gold Premium JVC TYS this Tuesday I think. I'll post the MID code for them. SMS has them $29.99 Free Shipping no tax here.

Who brands those AM3's? Oh and the JVC I ordered are DVD+R.

Those MCC 004 if I'm not mistaken are the Verb DVD+Rs. Yes I agree. I burned 100's w/out any issues at 12x.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
bratcher
_
10. January 2010 @ 08:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Did the Ridata and Riteks code out as the same discs? Are they F16-001?----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes they were Ritek F16-001. I have also had good luck with Ritek F1 as well.
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2010 @ 10:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@bratcher

Thanks, man.

@All

You know, lately I been burning stuff @ 8X, 12X and 16X. And several different brands of discs. I get no problems with any of them. Media seems to be getting better all the time. Right now I'm using TY T02 @8X for the good movies, verb MCC-004 @12X-16X for all others,then F16 @16X and CMCMag M01 @16X. Usually just copying the copies of TYs and Verbs on the fly-with the F16, CMCmags. I've gotten one burn that my daughter said was too dark and that was HP-half blood prince-a highly compressed SL- I believe a CMC mag. All the rest had no complaints. All my burns are +R and all book-typed with a Optiarc 7240S. Double burns include a Lite_On LH 20A1S.Granted I very seldom scan anything. And I can't remember the last coaster I had; and it was probably something I did.
bratcher
_
10. January 2010 @ 11:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:

@All

You know, lately I been burning stuff @ 8X, 12X and 16X. And several different brands of discs. I get no problems with any of them. Media seems to be getting better all the time. Right now I'm using TY T02 @8X for the good movies, verb MCC-004 @12X-16X for all others,then F16 @16X and CMCMag M01 @16X. Usually just copying the copies of TYs and Verbs on the fly-with the F16, CMCmags. I've gotten one burn that my daughter said was too dark and that was HP-half blood prince-a highly compressed SL- I believe a CMC mag. All the rest had no complaints. All my burns are +R and all book-typed with a Optiarc 7240S. Double burns include a Lite_On LH 20A1S.Granted I very seldom scan anything. And I can't remember the last coaster I had; and it was probably something I did.
I've gotten good burns & scans at 16x with several DVD mids so I think quality is getting better although normally I don't burn over 8x.

Played a movie (from TCM) that I recorded on some cheap Nexxtech with mid code of UME02 several months ago. Todays playback was perfect even though the DVDInfopro scans were really terrible. I don't know, maybe the error correction of my Samsung DVD burner & the LG Blu Ray player is good as well as the burner in my Magnavox standalone DVD recorder? Oh & that disc was rippable in the Samsung too at around 4x. Playo & Nexxtech are both really garbage discs btw even though I've had good playback on one 50 pack of each. Didn't buy any more after that.

I seem to get good burns with just about anything. Ritek, TY, Verb Prodisc, CMC. The Samsung computer burner even successfully ripped a pair of old 8x Ritek GO5 data discs to ISO's that I sucessfully burned to new TY's. Ripping was slow on both discs though at 1 to 2x but it got everything on both with no errors.
dr_ml422
_
11. January 2010 @ 14:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. January 2010 @ 14:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
dr_ml422
_
11. January 2010 @ 14:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Gotta snatch them while one can. Pretty soon I guess all will be JVC branded. 2 bucks cheaper at 8x and Silver Thermal. I never used the White Inkjet Printables. I guess maybe those that do might go for the 16x for 2 more bucks.

Can't wait for tomorrow to post the MID for the JVC Gold Premium I ordered. See what they code out as.

bratcher
_
11. January 2010 @ 18:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Verbatim -R 8x white inkjet printable 200 pack is out of stock however the 50 & 100 packs are still available.
$19.99 for a 50 pack.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...r-47gb-media-50

$36.99 for a 100 pack.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...-47gb-media-100
dr_ml422
_
11. January 2010 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
The Verbatim -R 8x white inkjet printable 200 pack is out of stock however the 50 & 100 packs are still available.
$19.99 for a 50 pack.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...r-47gb-media-50

$36.99 for a 100 pack.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...dia-100

I know printables usually are more expensive. Are these white printables 8x from Verbatim a good snatch?

They had the regular 16x Verbs on Newegg for $24.99 100 pk, then raised them to $25.99. $10.00 more for 8x printables about right?

rc1489
_
11. January 2010 @ 23:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry to interfere here, but has TDK fallen from a preferred blank media? I have used sony, verb, maxell the past year and now i see tyo and verbs the leader. Today i was told the tyo value is a B grade.

I just ordered some 8x -R verbs and was going to tryu TDK, but saw some not so favorable comments, i am going to try the tyo values 8x +and -R,
i see comments there is no reason for concern on + or-.

Creaky has kind of leas me here along with some of your other members i know via direct email.

tks

Main concern right now is transferring a ton of vhs tapes been doing it for a year daily, now i find that verbs and tyos are better for archiving?
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. January 2010 @ 01:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rc1489:
Sorry to interfere here, but has TDK fallen from a preferred blank media? I have used sony, verb, maxell the past year and now i see tyo and verbs the leader. Today i was told the tyo value is a B grade.

I just ordered some 8x -R verbs and was going to tryu TDK, but saw some not so favorable comments, i am going to try the tyo values 8x +and -R,
i see comments there is no reason for concern on + or-.

Creaky has kind of leas me here along with some of your other members i know via direct email.

tks

Main concern right now is transferring a ton of vhs tapes been doing it for a year daily, now i find that verbs and tyos are better for archiving?
You're not interfering at all.. we're all here to learn, NO matter status. ;)

TDK is an ok brand but they have been known to use "2nd rate" media in the past. They have also been known to use excellent media in the past as well. TY is one they used years ago... to bad a lot of the companies are willing to use inferior discs to save a penny or two. That's the way it works I guess. ;)

The Valueline TY discs are great but if you're doing archival work I'd consider something a little more "long" lasting. There are some available from Verbatim IIRC that are very expensive but are seemingly guaranteed for 100 years. I'm pretty sure if you use the "Premium" TY's you'll get a few decades out of them with ease as long as you store the discs correctly. :)

good luck to you.....

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
rc1489
_
12. January 2010 @ 01:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks

In my internet travels i read some content some where suggesting some dvds were 10 year life, subject to storeage, so i usually make a user and then a keeper. But after i read the time period i started digging more to see the years. Today i called Funail co, one of the stand alones i have for tech question, but he had never heard such a thing as 10 year, thought it was a myth if you will.

Thanks for the reply.
JoeRyan
_
12. January 2010 @ 09:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well constructed, well recorded, properly stored DVD+R media (DVD-R were not in the test) ought to last 40-50 years. This is based on destructive environmental testing whereby 95% of the tested discs were acceptable after a 39-year simulation and over half were acceptable beyond 52 years. All discs used azo-cyanine dye.

CD-Rs using phthalocyanine dye reached beyond 125 years in the same simulated two-stress (heat and humidity) destructive testing. The difference between DVD+R or DVD-R and CD-R discs is the composition of the dye and the construction differences. DVDs are bonded sandwiches of very thin polycarbonate that is very susceptible to deviations from flatness; CD-Rs are thicker, solid polycarbonate bases with larger tracks and marks that are less susceptible to non-flatness or "tilt" problems.
_
12. January 2010 @ 10:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Gotta snatch them while one can. Pretty soon I guess all will be JVC branded. 2 bucks cheaper at 8x and Silver Thermal. I never used the White Inkjet Printables. I guess maybe those that do might go for the 16x for 2 more bucks.

Can't wait for tomorrow to post the MID for the JVC Gold Premium I ordered. See what they code out as.
Inquiring minds wanna know, see what they code out as (I would think TYG03).

dr_ml422
_
12. January 2010 @ 10:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Playr:

No need to inquire anymore guys: JVC Premium Grade DVD+R code out as:

Per ImgBurn: DISC ID:YUDEN000-T03-00

I like the new packaging and it explicitly and clearly says MADE IN JAPAN right on the JVC cover.

I'll see if I could remember how to post a DVDINFO Graph or w/e. Only ran it once or so to see and never posted.

AfterDawn Addict
_
12. January 2010 @ 11:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

No need to inquire anymore guys: JVC Premium Grade DVD+R code out as:

Per ImgBurn: DISC ID:YUDEN000-T03-00

I like the new packaging and it explicitly and clearly says MADE IN JAPAN right on the JVC cover.

I'll see if I could remember how to post a DVDINFO Graph or w/e. Only ran it once or so to see and never posted.
So you bought the DVD+R discs. ;) If you can snap a pic of the packaging that would be NICE too. :) Thanks for getting with us on this.. very good info!!!

dr_ml422
_
12. January 2010 @ 11:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The packaging is solid. They came in 2 50pk cake boxes. The distinct bluish/purplish color still on the writing surface. I'm glad you mentioned pics because my Logitech Webcam software seems to be giving me issues w/7 x64 Home, so I might have to return it for my money. Basically right now I can't take pics of the packaging, but it's very simple and straight forward.

It's a lil more than a 1/2 circle on the JVC cover getting cut straight down on the right side. Perfect as it shows just exactly what we need to see. All the JVC stuff, MIJ, write speed and usage in etc... I really don't see there will be any difference in quality burns at this point. I'll call Logitech now n see what's up. Don't have a Digital camera at the moment.

_
12. January 2010 @ 11:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
gm,

check out the posts by Two Degrees at this LINK. He posts pix of both -R and +R cake boxes besides running scans.

rc1489
_
12. January 2010 @ 13:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Maxell, VD -R and +R,, i have them all used now, will the IMG Burn show the dye type or is it just the code that you go by.

Quote:

Well constructed, well recorded, properly stored DVD+R media (DVD-R were not in the test) ought to last 40-50 years. This is based on destructive environmental testing whereby 95% of the tested discs were acceptable after a 39-year simulation and over half were acceptable beyond 52 years. All discs used azo-cyanine dye.

CD-Rs using phthalocyanine dye reached beyond 125 years in the same simulated two-stress (heat and humidity) destructive testing. The
Quote:
difference between DVD+R or DVD-R and CD-R discs is the composition of the dye and the construction differences
. DVDs are bonded sandwiches of very thin polycarbonate that is very susceptible to deviations from flatness; CD-Rs are thicker, solid polycarbonate bases with larger tracks and marks that are less susceptible to non-flatness or "tilt" problems.

tks
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. January 2010 @ 14:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
gm,

check out the posts by Two Degrees at this LINK. He posts pix of both -R and +R cake boxes besides running scans.
Thanks... HE did a nice job with the pix too. ;) NO mistaking the "Made in Japan" either. lol. :D

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork