User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 23:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 00:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
yeah, cause I'm just about out of those Sony Octagoner TYs-my precious!
I still have a few but they are SPECIAL!! :D

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
Advertisement
_
__
dr_ml422
_
5. January 2010 @ 02:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So are the ones from greensman link to Meritline going to be JVC if anyone orders them? Or it was just a mention of future packaging?

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. January 2010 @ 09:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Scott
the crooked vultures JAM!!!!going looking for that CD. alot of Zeppelin sounds in there.

as for the new JVC/TY media id say it might still be a little early to know if your getting them or not. unless there is the tell all like the white Octagon spacers or the MIJ around the bar code.

so does this mean when you order TYs online now they will be branded as JVC or still in the valueline clear tape wrap? or if you chance and order JVC disc will you get TY's??? alot of second guessing here?
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 09:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
Scott
the crooked vultures JAM!!!!going looking for that CD. alot of Zeppelin sounds in there.

as for the new JVC/TY media id say it might still be a little early to know if your getting them or not. unless there is the tell all like the white Octagon spacers or the MIJ around the bar code.

so does this mean when you order TYs online now they will be branded as JVC or still in the valueline clear tape wrap? or if you chance and order JVC disc will you get TY's??? alot of second guessing here?
I have the same questions! I guess a few of us need to order and see what we get. lol. I'm sure if you order TY you'll get TY but it may have the JVC packaging. :) My biggest curiosity atm is the B&M discs... I wanna see how that works out. :D

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
dr_ml422
_
5. January 2010 @ 10:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think the whole point of they going this route was to save $$$, and make them more known to the average user no? That's what they said anyway. So I would think that any B&M JVC disc will be the so called new TYS. Just wouldn't make sense if they switched to JVC, and stayed online.

Average user imo doesn't belong to forums or scour the net like we do here for all this info. I'm just trying to sort this out as best like all of us atm.

bratcher
_
5. January 2010 @ 10:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah, cause I'm just about out of those Sony Octagoner TYs-my precious!
I remember hunting those 50 packs down 2 or 3 years ago until I couldn't find any more. Expensive TY's but well worth it!!
dr_ml422
_
5. January 2010 @ 20:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I found this> http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...ax=15&offset=15

If already known then ignore or post. Thnx.

No DVDs seen yet though. At least not in SMS.

bratcher
_
5. January 2010 @ 21:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Well I found this> http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...ax=15&offset=15

If already known then ignore or post. Thnx.

No DVDs seen yet though. At least not in SMS.
I've never seen valueline CDR's before. Interesting...

Here are the JVC DVD's from SMS.

http://www.supermediastore.com/category/...rand=JVC&price=

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. January 2010 @ 21:32

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 21:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
they also have the +R variety there.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...D+%2BR&offset=0
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 22:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
they also have the +R variety there.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...ffset=0

NOT the $19.99-$23.99 with free shipping we're used to on the DVD-R but NOT a bad deal for sure. ;) I think that matches about the best deal I got on that media when I was buying the Sony blanks. ;)

It has FREE shipping too... I'm having issues NOT hitting the BUY button. ROFL. :p

MY bad.. it's 16x but I'm sure it's still good stuff. ;)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. January 2010 @ 22:09

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 22:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm sure if you buy the TY tape-wrap will be TYs. Rob i picked up that album on e-bay for 9.99 shipped free so check there

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
dr_ml422
_
5. January 2010 @ 23:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, I missed the small print on those JVC TY DVD Blanks. The value line CD-R say Taiyo Yuden plain and clear. That's why I didn't think they had the DVDs out yet w/the JVC mark. I need blanks. I'm going to see all the sales on them and go ahead and pull the trigger.

I'll need some quick pointers on testing them out. I never got into it like that. Just once maybe. as long as it looked good, and i used what was recommended I was good to go. Actually, just looking at TYs you knew they were different.

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 23:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman

I got the Sony TY T02s +R 50 packs for $15 at Best Buy sales. I picked up 300 in Houston one fourth of July a while back. And got many here in BR at Best Buy and Sams. I was getting them as cheap as CMC mags back then. I even managed 2 100 stacks of TDKs that were $20- TY T02s also at Best Buy. I know I have burned at least 1000 TY T02s. Have about 60 left. Nothing better ever IMHO.
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. January 2010 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman

I got the Sony TY T02s +R 50 packs for $15 at Best Buy sales. I picked up 300 in Houston one fourth of July a while back. And got many here in BR at Best Buy and Sams. I was getting them as cheap as CMC mags back then. I even managed 2 100 stacks of TDKs that were $20- TY T02s also at Best Buy. I know I have burned at least 1000 TY T02s. Have about 60 left. Nothing better ever IMHO.
I think that I got about 400-500 and have about 200 left. LOL. I'm hoarding them for some reason. :p And YES they are about as GOOD as it gets!! :)

dr_ml422
_
6. January 2010 @ 00:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So none of you guys tried these JVC TYS yet? I just got the DVD+R 100ct. JVC. At $29.99 can't go wrong.

bratcher
_
6. January 2010 @ 00:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman

I haven't seen any Sony TYGO2's (or TYGO3's) in a long time around the Houston area. Like you I grabbed all I could from 3 different Best Buy stores plus 4 Walgreens stores near me until I couldn't find them any more. Sadly I've burned them all (about 1000 or so) a long time ago so now if I want TY I have to get it online from wither Meritline or SMS. Never saw the TDK ones. Only Sony. However I do remember finding yellowtop 4x Maxell TY's several years ago at some Best Buy & Walgreens stores.

About 3 years ago Meritline had Verbatim 4x -R white inkjet printable on sale for a really good price. I bought 1200 (two 600 packs) & they were gone when I was ready to reorder. Great discs though. Not a single coaster....
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. January 2010 @ 00:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
@greensman

I haven't seen any Sony TYGO2's (or TYGO3's) in a long time around the Houston area. Like you I grabbed all I could from 3 different Best Buy stores plus 4 Walgreens stores near me until I couldn't find them any more. Sadly I've burned them all (about 1000 or so) a long time ago so now if I want TY I have to get it online from wither Meritline or SMS. Never saw the TDK ones. Only Sony. However I do remember finding yellowtop 4x Maxell TY's several years ago at some Best Buy & Walgreens stores.

About 3 years ago Meritline had Verbatim 4x -R white inkjet printable on sale for a really good price. I bought 1200 (two 600 packs) & they were gone when I was ready to reorder. Great discs though. Not a single coaster....
The TYG01's were brilliant discs.. just felt different than any other 4x media. :) And yes the DVD-R 4x Verbies are a treat!! I still have a handful of those left. lol. I found them when cleaning the other day... a 30 pack of the ones with slim cases. :D

bratcher
_
6. January 2010 @ 01:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Originally posted by bratcher:
@greensman

The TYG01's were brilliant discs.. just felt different than any other 4x media. :) And yes the DVD-R 4x Verbies are a treat!! I still have a handful of those left. lol. I found them when cleaning the other day... a 30 pack of the ones with slim cases. :D
Yes those 4x -R Verbs were great discs while my supply lasted! TYGO1's (those Maxeell yellowtops) were great too. Enjoy your recent find of 4x Verbs. My Magnavox DVD recorder loved them but then it also had a supply of TYGO1's until I couldn't get any more of them. So now I feed it with whatever 8 & 16x media I put into it & it does fine with those too as also does my computer drive.

Right now the Magnavox is getting the last Imation (RitekF1) discs I have & then it will get a 100 pack of Valueline (KHypermedia) CMAG discs I bought recently from my local Microcenter. The Samsung computer drive is enjoying TYGO2's at the moment although it seems to like just about anything that I put into it.
_
6. January 2010 @ 08:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Interesting, last year I bought 200 dvd+r verbs at sams club 19 bucks per hundred, never realized till I got home read the small print they were made in India, kinda panicked, put them threw all kinds of tests, not one coaster to my suprise, anybody else buy these in the past.
dr_ml422
_
6. January 2010 @ 08:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
Interesting, last year I bought 200 dvd+r verbs at sams club 19 bucks per hundred, never realized till I got home read the small print they were made in India, kinda panicked, put them threw all kinds of tests, not one coaster to my suprise, anybody else buy these in the past.
If it was Made In India most likely they were Moser Bauer. It's a crapshoot w/them. If you got some good Verbs then that's not surprising as like I think bratcher posted, a lot of blank media nowadays has become better.

I missed the Imation, Home Depot, TDK party most had here so it prolly holds true for MBI as well.

_
6. January 2010 @ 10:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't vouch for Dual Layer Made in India/Moser Bauer (if you're referring to Dual Layer, i don't even know if any DL media is made in India) but i've been using Indian single layer Verbatim for donkeys years without issue, to me they're absolutely no different to Taiwanese or Japanese discs. No write issues, nor recopyability issues, nor issues of alleged 'degrading over time', and i've used thousands of them..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. January 2010 @ 10:09

bratcher
_
6. January 2010 @ 10:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
I can't vouch for Dual Layer Made in India/Moser Bauer (if you're referring to Dual Layer, i don't even know if any DL media is made in India) but i've been using Indian single layer Verbatim for donkeys years without issue, to me they're absolutely no different to Taiwanese or Japanese discs. No write issues, nor recopyability issues, nor issues of alleged 'degrading over time', and i've used thousands of them..
In my experience every single or double layer Verbatim disc I've burned continues to read back fine today. The only discs that degraded then became unreadable was single layer 8x Ritek mid code GO5 if I remember the mid code right.
_
6. January 2010 @ 10:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats good to hear Creak, the was my last concern how they would react over time, and no I never did see any DL,s made by this Moser Bauer, I've never heard of these people, I've since bought a couple hundred more again with no problems, hope it stays that way.
_
6. January 2010 @ 10:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
One MID code for Moser Bauer is MBI ie Moser Bauer India, i'm rusty with most media from i guess the last couple years though (as i only ever bulk buy, the last time i bought any discs was a couple years ago plus i'm still working my way thru my 'sexy Verbatim TY' stocks circa 2005!); so i don't remember any other Indian MID codes, other than you can get MCC004 from India as well as Taiwan as i recall. I used to use Indian Verbatim from back in the 8x days, though the MID codes escape me, needless to say they're still in my collection happily holding data :)
As to Ritek G05, i only ever bought one tub of 50, years ago, they were printables, and i only ever seem to read bad things about them, funnily enough i can't remember the last time i even played one of them.. hence why i always shudder when i see them mentioned.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. January 2010 @ 15:40

Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
8. January 2010 @ 15:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ritek 16x +R 100 packs at Newegg. $16.99 with free shipping & limit 5 per customer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...LP1D-_-17132076

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork