User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 01:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
20. January 2010 @ 20:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only hard drives I've ever seen fail were made by Maxtor & since Seagate bought Maxtor I won't buy any Seagate hard drives. My dads computer has an unknown hard drive in it which seems to be fine 3 years later. His Iomega external drive still works after one year of use. On the other hand I've had great luck with Western Digital hard drives over the years. In fact it's the only brand I will buy, thats how much I trust them!!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. January 2010 @ 22:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As for finding a particular movie, I can find anyone of 1700 in about a minute. I have a word alphabetized table which list them all, what decrypter used, program,compression,burner, and book number to find it.

Hangover, The AnyDVD-NeroRecode-100%-Nec24-7*136
Inglourious Basterds AnyDVD-NeroRecode-70%-AA-NEC24-7*137

NEC24=Optiarc7240S AA= Advanced Analysis with slow encoding

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. January 2010 @ 22:35

_
20. January 2010 @ 23:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
As for finding a particular movie, I can find anyone of 1700 in about a minute. I have a word alphabetized table which list them all, what decrypter used, program,compression,burner, and book number to find it.

Hangover, The AnyDVD-NeroRecode-100%-Nec24-7*136
Inglourious Basterds AnyDVD-NeroRecode-70%-AA-NEC24-7*137

NEC24=Optiarc7240S AA= Advanced Analysis with slow encoding
That's a great idea.
I use an Excel spreadsheet for my DVD's, however just about the only thing i haven't got organised are my binders, otherwise the list would be as efficient as yours.
What i have got however, is a couple of simple linux scripts i've written (the above spreadsheet is on a USB stick so i don't have to power up the main Media server PC just to check my list).
I always keep a copy of the spreadsheet on my main linux PC, which is dual booted with Windows 7 (but i rarely boot it up in Windows 7 so i just mount the Win7 partition in linux, copy the spreadsheet onto the Win7 partition, unmount it; oh and the spreadsheet lives in a zipfile btw).
One script mounts the Win7 partition, extracts the spreadsheet from the zipfile, unmounts the partition then converts the spreadsheet into a csv format ie a structured text format so that i can easily search thru the list using any combo of linux commands.

The other script is for when the main Media server PC is powered on.
The script runs a loop that mounts each network share (that contains AVI files which in my case is 4 different drives) one by one and compiles a list of all the AVI files, the key info gathered here is exact file and directory names. I can then just run a command to search this file for a particular movie, then it's just a case of running whichever movie player from the command line with a copy paste of the filename from the file and i can play the movie (i would have mounted the relevant network share before this). When i get around to it i'm going to tweak this particular script such that the relevant network share is mounted and the required movie is played automatically just be entering the full or partial movie name.

Just sharing my own smartarse methods :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
dr_ml422
_
20. January 2010 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
The only hard drives I've ever seen fail were made by Maxtor & since Seagate bought Maxtor I won't buy any Seagate hard drives. My dads computer has an unknown hard drive in it which seems to be fine 3 years later. His Iomega external drive still works after one year of use. On the other hand I've had great luck with Western Digital hard drives over the years. In fact it's the only brand I will buy, thats how much I trust them!!
WD all the way. I won't buy anything else except Hitachi HDD when they are on sale as they are freqently now. WD HDD are imo faster and cooler. Seagates burn up really hot. Seagates also have gone down in tests lately regarding RAID setups etc...

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
rc1489
_
23. January 2010 @ 01:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SUPER MEDIA

I AM ONE UNHAPPY DUDE!

COMPLAINT

I RECEIVED THIS ORDER 5 MINUTES AGO AND UNPACKING IT THERE IS A GLUE SUBSTANCE ALL OVER THE PACKING MATERIAL, THE WHITE PEANUTS "PROTECTIVE PACKAGING" STUCK TO MY HANDS AND COULD NOT GET THEM OFF, HAD TO GO WASH IN HOT WATER , WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS? AND WHAT AM I TO DO WITH THE DVDS VALUELINE TAIYO YUDEN, AND UOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED TAIYO YUDEN DEALER?

RIGHT NOW MY HANDS ARE ITCHING AND I DO NOT FEEL WELL,, DID YOU POISON ME??????
------------------------------------------------------------------
I CAN'T GET IT WASHED OFF

I BAGGED UP THE DVDS WITH A RAG,PUT THEM OUT SIDE, I WON'T TOUCH THEM, YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE TO PICK THEM UP AND PACKAGE THEM I AM CANCELLING THE ORDER ON MY CREDIT CARD, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE POISENED ME WITH

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU AGAIN IF I LIVE!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Supermediastore
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2010 @ 02:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rc1489:
SUPER MEDIA

I AM ONE UNHAPPY DUDE!

COMPLAINT

I RECEIVED THIS ORDER 5 MINUTES AGO AND UNPACKING IT THERE IS A GLUE SUBSTANCE ALL OVER THE PACKING MATERIAL, THE WHITE PEANUTS "PROTECTIVE PACKAGING" STUCK TO MY HANDS AND COULD NOT GET THEM OFF, HAD TO GO WASH IN HOT WATER , WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS? AND WHAT AM I TO DO WITH THE DVDS VALUELINE TAIYO YUDEN, AND UOU ARE AN AUTHORIZED TAIYO YUDEN DEALER?

RIGHT NOW MY HANDS ARE ITCHING AND I DO NOT FEEL WELL,, DID YOU POISON ME??????
------------------------------------------------------------------
I CAN'T GET IT WASHED OFF

I BAGGED UP THE DVDS WITH A RAG,PUT THEM OUT SIDE, I WON'T TOUCH THEM, YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE TO PICK THEM UP AND PACKAGE THEM I AM CANCELLING THE ORDER ON MY CREDIT CARD, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE POISENED ME WITH

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU AGAIN IF I LIVE!

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Supermediastore

Well that's NOT what I wanted to read about!! They are one of my favorite stores too!! I definitely want to hear how they handle this and what the heck is going on with that order!!!

Good luck and sorry this happened to you!! Hope you're ok!!

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2010 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I just ordered some discs from Meritline.... LOL.

Got both DVD+R and DVD-R discs... JVC brand... When they get here next week I'll post some scans and they MID of course... I expect the TY mID will be there and they will be the same great quality... I surely hope so... I bought 200 discs... lol. If you don't know that's a lot of discs for me right now... Me bride can't know about this.. you guys keep it quiet... :D

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
dr_ml422
_
24. January 2010 @ 01:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Well I just ordered some discs from Meritline.... LOL.

Got both DVD+R and DVD-R discs... JVC brand... When they get here next week I'll post some scans and they MID of course... I expect the TY mID will be there and they will be the same great quality... I surely hope so... I bought 200 discs... lol. If you don't know that's a lot of discs for me right now... Me bride can't know about this.. you guys keep it quiet... :D
I hear that greensman. I do my ordering around midnight or afterwards. lol... Had to stop at my 2nd build in just about 1 year or so.

Mum's the word. I'll be needing more discs soon myself though. I started the conversion to H.264 so the 100 JVC DVD+R will be ok for a bit. Good luck burning and post the screenshots of the burn if you can. I'm positive they'll be good also.

I think we should all rack up on these MIJ TYs from JVC as I have this feeling MIT coming.

_
24. January 2010 @ 09:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was as Sams Club the other day, they had Verbs 100 pack white inkjet printtables DVD+R,s for 29 bucks, don't know if thats a good price but there it is.
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. January 2010 @ 12:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
I was as Sams Club the other day, they had Verbs 100 pack white inkjet printtables DVD+R,s for 29 bucks, don't know if thats a good price but there it is.
Fred for printables that is a pretty good deal. ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. January 2010 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its about time you get you're ass out of bed ^^^ lol

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. January 2010 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
its about time you get you're ass out of bed ^^^ lol
Don't make me slap you like the little girl that you are!!! :p

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. January 2010 @ 20:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Guys aren't supposed to hit girlie men! LOL
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. January 2010 @ 22:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oooh pleeease!

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. January 2010 @ 23:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
oooh pleeease!
SOooooooo you're begging for it now?? hehehee. :D

THis is so far OT... I hope that binkie7 stays away... she'll ruin all our fun.... :p

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. January 2010 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
. . this thread sure is keeping me smiling

Have a great day !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. January 2010 @ 10:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive been to just about every BM store around me. and no one has any JVC media..what hte heck they take it all off the shelfs and not replace it with them rebadged TY's???
_
25. January 2010 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Rob,

I'm still waiting for the day that JVC DVDs show up at my local B&M (I may be waiting a looooong time). In the mean time, SMS and Meritline may be the answer. But first let's see what greensman posts after he receives his batch. Should be all good.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. January 2010 @ 13:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hell if ihave to odrer offline. ill just order TY's and not worry if i get them as the rebranded JVC's
dr_ml422
_
25. January 2010 @ 13:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Last time I saw any JVC discs was at PC Richies, and I think but not sure at Rat Shack. That's been a while ago. Like player said though I doubt they'll be coming to B&M any time soon, and if they do they'll be MIT. Unless they unload a ton of w/e they MIJ under JVC, and then switch to MIT to compete w/Verb etc...

No way $22.99 or w/e it was at OM that they can match or even beat that while MIJ. Doesn't make sense w/their so called reason for rebranding.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. January 2010 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just back from microcenter with a nice 100ct of 8x+r verbs MCC003's. looked again there . no JVC anywhere. i havea radio shack about 2 miles from my house i havent tried them. i will go tomorrow and see if they have any. im sure i will pay a arm anda leg from there but for the cause if they have some MIJ's they will be in my hands for testing purpose's....lol
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. January 2010 @ 22:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm just sticking with the Taiyo Yuden value-line for now. BTW catfreak all you need under that sig is Obama,Pelosi,Reed and Axlerod names lol

bratcher
_
25. January 2010 @ 22:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
just back from microcenter with a nice 100ct of 8x+r verbs MCC003's. looked again there . no JVC anywhere. i havea radio shack about 2 miles from my house i havent tried them. i will go tomorrow and see if they have any. im sure i will pay a arm anda leg from there but for the cause if they have some MIJ's they will be in my hands for testing purpose's....lol
The 8x silver shiny DVDR's that sell for about $19.99 right? I've used about 300 of them in my Magnavox DVD recorder then switched to Valuedisc silver matte 16x that cost $15.99 each & are CMC. They work fine in the DVD recorder & I save some bucks....

The local Microcenter here in Houston doesn't have the 8x +R Verbs on display but the Microcenter web site says they have 62 left.
rc1489
_
25. January 2010 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just reordered from Newegg 8x -r 50 paks they were on sale, since super media messed me up
Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
25. January 2010 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rc1489:
I just reordered from Newegg 8x -r 50 paks they were on sale, since super media messed me up
Which brand were they & what is the url?

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork