User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 03:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rc1489
_
2. February 2010 @ 14:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that's great, my 3 burners don't have as good of an appetite when maxells are served even though the manual suggests them

sorry
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
2. February 2010 @ 14:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
One of the best burn scans I've seen, was in fact a Gold Maxell disc. I suppose any disc will really do, with the right burner ;) But the cheaper you go, you run the risk of getting crap! Ritek for instance(Vietnam warehouse). Worst discs i've ever seen. Green spots on every disc!!!

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
bratcher
_
3. February 2010 @ 10:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Originally posted by rc1489:
After i switched to Verbs i would have a hard time relying on maxell anymore, IMO
LOL... it's just a personal preference but I likes the VERBIES too!! ;)
I think just about everyone likes Verbs. I know I do!!
dr_ml422
_
3. February 2010 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
They used to code out as RICOHJPNR03 long ago, then a couple years ago when i got the last bulk amount they were RICOHJPNR03 and CMC MAG M01, now i think they're only CMC MAG M01. They might be other MID's too, but i don't know as i don't research MID;s regularly anymore.
Oh, Ok thnx. Are these Maxell the Gold colored ones or some other flavour? These aren't printables either correct?

I started out w/the Gold colored Maxell DVD-Rs 16x and most were Prodisc. Pretty good discs and I was getting them really cheap also at PC Richies.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
_
3. February 2010 @ 12:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mine look like these ~

Haven't used Maxell -R so can't comment on those. I'm not into printables, sharpies all the way here.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. February 2010 @ 12:21

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
3. February 2010 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Those look similar to the golds I used once upon a time. They were prodisc. Pretty good scan on most of them too. I've heard though, that prodisc can be pretty hit or miss...

_
3. February 2010 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The -R look very similar.

As i say i've never used them but might try them whenever my +R run out and there's no +R in stock

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
dr_ml422
_
4. February 2010 @ 00:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Creaky those are some excellent looking Maxell DVD+R discs. Where do you go get those if in fact they're still in circulation? Thnx.

_
4. February 2010 @ 05:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm in the UK so have no idea on your side of the pond.

dr_ml422
_
5. February 2010 @ 01:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
I'm in the UK so have no idea on your side of the pond.
Lol... I guess you buy them at a online UK store then. Having seen those over here in The States. The Gold Color but not the layout w/the green etc...

_
5. February 2010 @ 06:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, online, I very rarely buy anything in walk-in stores, the cost differences are always way more than the cost of shipping, walk-in stores are going to cop for it one day when more people realise that online shopping saves so much money. I know the argument for walk-in is the convenience and getting hold of the product straight away but the cost differences are so much (here in Ripoff Britain anyways) that to me it's a no brainer.

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. February 2010 @ 11:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I usually stock up on the Verbs when they're $19.99/100 at Office Max . . .

However, I broke down and ordered 500 of the +R JVC cuties from SMS simply because my wife let me . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. February 2010 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18384.aspx

now this is a deal.

but the price for the +r's is unreal...
_
5. February 2010 @ 12:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I checked out merit, still to much for ty's or verbs when if you shop around somebody somewhere has them 20 bucks for a 100, I use +r's and SMS still beats out merit, plus merit charging shipping which really puts merit over.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. February 2010 @ 12:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
where can you find TY's for $20 per 100? im all over them if they are.
verbs yes just about any B&M shop has verbs for $20 when on sale. but ive never seen TY's for $20 per 100.

on that link i posted they are free shipping too.

here is SMS link for 8x+r tys. no where near $20 per 100
http://www.supermediastore.com/category/...y%3D100+Pack%7C

and here is meritline for the same disc 8x+r TY's $6 cheaper????

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18444.aspx

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. February 2010 @ 13:00

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
5. February 2010 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL! Their +R's ain't that bad :p I buy SMS TY+R's fairly regularly. I might be buying them more often, if I see the need for them ;) Certain types of backups, I may only trust them. I do generally stick with SMS myself. But I love it when Officemax has a sale on Verbs :D Bestbuy is 30+ miles away, Officemax is only 6 miles away :)

Not free shipping on those rob. Comes to about 38$. not a whole lot of savings there unfortunately.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. February 2010 @ 13:08

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. February 2010 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea i just seen that on the +r'swith the shipping they are $4 more.
but your not gonna find a better deal on them -r's kinda wish i held off on buying that drive and got a couple hundred of them instead..lol
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. February 2010 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Rob SMS has ran Taiyo Yuden DVD dash Rs for 19.99 BUT not lately. Last time was about Thanksgiving

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. February 2010 @ 15:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
I checked out merit, still to much for ty's or verbs when if you shop around somebody somewhere has them 20 bucks for a 100, I use +r's and SMS still beats out merit, plus merit charging shipping which really puts merit over.

Fred,
This is what I bought last week from the egg!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817294005
Of course they are cheaper elsewhere, but I usually stick with the Egg! They more than make up the difference in price with all sorts of specials they send me! Overall, I do almost all my shopping from the Egg, and generally get things the next day!

These came in a 100 pack Cake Box. Worst one I've ever seen. Also the stupidest design I ever saw! Totally maddening to open or close! LOL!! They will even let you burn them at 16x if you want. I just burn them at 8x!

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. February 2010 @ 15:15

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
5. February 2010 @ 15:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Russ, please don't brag about next day newegg LOL! I have to wait 3 days, if I don't purchase 2nd day. You make me jealous LOL!

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. February 2010 @ 15:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Russ, please don't brag about next day newegg LOL! I have to wait 3 days, if I don't purchase 2nd day. You make me jealous LOL!

Oman7,
I'm only about 50 miles away from them. They were sent DHL/USPS, and I still got it next day! Of course there was a weekend in between! LOL!! Ordered on Friday, got them on Monday, AM!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. February 2010 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I paid $146.97 total for the 500 JVC I ordered from SMS . . .

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...ffset=0&filter=

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. February 2010 @ 21:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@catfreak

Thanks for the link I just ordered 200 JVC +Rs.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. February 2010 @ 22:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
those are 16x+r's too. thats a damn good price for them. i havent had any 16x+r TY's since they first come out and docty was still around. i bugged him to death about them but, not being out all that long he hadnt had a chance to work with them to see how they stacked up to the 8x TY's. Moony or catfreak if ya would do some scans with those and post them in the scan thread if ya would im curious to see how they do... if ya dont mind.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
6. February 2010 @ 06:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cincyroB- I have'nt used any 16x Taiyo yudens yet either - But I would trust them enough to try a spindle if they were on sale and I needed or wanted them ? - Though yes it would have Been nice to have the Good Doctor's input /blessing on them all the same - Great to hear from you all again & Go Saints !!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. February 2010 @ 06:28

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork