User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 03:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rc1489
_
8. February 2010 @ 02:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so 16's will work , compatible, will write even though they say 8's are what they rec??
Advertisement
_
__
dr_ml422
_
8. February 2010 @ 02:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rc1489:
so 16's will work , compatible, will write even though they say 8's are what they rec??
Yes they should. Will your Magnavox take DVD+r though? If so I see no issues. My Toshiba recommended JVC, Maxell, and Verbs. I put sony and TYS w/no problem.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
rc1489
_
8. February 2010 @ 02:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the speed is what i'm concerned about, i can buy 16x for the pc, but need more for the vcr-dvd dub, just trying to debate the the mfg specs 16 on one 8 on another / i understand they have issues, i tried another 8 brand ritex, they said any 8 would work, no deal lucille,
but that was on a sylvania i have, just a burner only in a -r,, the magnovox is + or - but just like both manuals, different speeds different brands
dr_ml422
_
8. February 2010 @ 02:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the speed is what i'm concerned about, i can buy 16x for the pc, but need more for the vcr-dvd dub, just trying to debate the the mfg specs 16 on one 8 on another / i understand they have issues, i tried another 8 brand ritex, they said any 8 would work, no deal lucille,
but that was on a sylvania i have, just a burner only in a -r,, the magnovox is + or - but just like both manuals, different speeds different brands
I'm lost on the speed here. your Magnavox is a copier not a burner. If it's picky then maybe just get the verbs anyway cause ttytt if I hadn't of got the JVC TYS to check them out i'd be all over them. Verbs are very good and I might just stay w/them after I finish these TYS if I catch them on deals like this.

rc1489
_
8. February 2010 @ 02:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it is a vcr dvd combo, will dub or burn, manual specs is my question on verbs it says 8x// maxell 16 x or less, so the 16x verbs must burn different than the maxell 16 x, why they only say to 8x on verbs or less.
dr_ml422
_
8. February 2010 @ 02:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it is a vcr dvd combo, will dub or burn, manual specs is my question on verbs it says 8x// maxell 16 x or less, so the 16x verbs must burn different than the maxell 16 x, why they only say to 8x on verbs or less.
Oh ok. How old is unit? I have a 10 yr. old Magnavox DVD Player that'll take just about anything. It's great. Magnavox is good. Hard to find anymore down here.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
8. February 2010 @ 03:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL! funny you should mention Magnavox. My brother just bought one of their HDTV's. Looks good. And my mother owns a Dvd/Vcr combo player(also burns) by magnavox. It actually prefers the burned(single layer) media to the commercial(dual layer) grade now. it's over 2 yrs old, and seems to be doing well. I suppose a player that can burn media, isn't gonna be too picky though LOL!

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
dr_ml422
_
8. February 2010 @ 22:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
LOL! funny you should mention Magnavox. My brother just bought one of their HDTV's. Looks good. And my mother owns a Dvd/Vcr combo player(also burns) by magnavox. It actually prefers the burned(single layer) media to the commercial(dual layer) grade now. it's over 2 yrs old, and seems to be doing well. I suppose a player that can burn media, isn't gonna be too picky though LOL!
I lucked out when I bought mine at Best Buy. I went back a lil later for my friend, but no dice they stopped carrying them. Mine is just a DVD standalone and it will take anything including PAL. Only format of course it won't is .MP4, H.264 and Blu-ray. Still running strong. I'm going to have to look into their HDTV's now that you posted about it. Didn't know they took the plunge for Hi-Def.

rc1489
_
8. February 2010 @ 23:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. February 2010 @ 23:43

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 00:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
15 Ridata BR blanks.... $29.99 + shipping

linky

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. February 2010 @ 00:57

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 10:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Every BR disc that I have burned in the last 6 months will no longer play.

I refuse to spend another dime on this technology . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 10:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:

That is the FEEDBACK I've been waiting for. lol. NOT that I snicker at your bad luck catfreak but the reason that I've refused to use that technology is reverberated in your tone and experience... NOW ripping a BR file and converting to DVD9 size isn't against my policies for sure... it's a sound decision and from what I've heard/seen it works dang well!! :) PLUS a "reader" for BR discs runs from $55-$90 or so.... while a "GOOD" burner for BR discs runs well over $100, ok supposedly good burner that is. lol. :p

Keep up the good "work" catfreak and remember... DVD5 media is cheap!! HEHEHEE. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
9. February 2010 @ 12:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:

What brand are you using catfreak? Are you sure it's not the device itself? Perhaps this is why TY hasn't released a BD recording dye yet...

rc1489
_
9. February 2010 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the heads up, i'm not there yet, but looking
Quote:

catfreak (AfterDawn Addict) 9. February 2010 @ 09:26

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 14:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have used 4 different discs . . .

Sony NN2 and NN3
Verbatim a and c

My burners are:
LG GGW-H20L (YL05)
Sony BWU-100A (I'mmnot sure which FW . . it's been u/d lots)

The discs will no longer play on either burner as well as PS3 and another Sony DVD player

This is a total of around 70 discs . . so between the cost of the burners and discs, I've flushed a bunch of cash!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
9. February 2010 @ 14:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I hate to say it, but good! This is what the industry needs to see. Perhaps this B.S. will push them to perfecting the Dye's.

Your discs are still in good shape though? E.g. no scratches, fingerprints?

On another note, just bought 200 of the Officemax verbatims. Thank you to the original poster :D

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. February 2010 @ 14:32

JoeRyan
_
9. February 2010 @ 16:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Blu-Ray uses a combination of aluminum/copper alloy and silicon for a recording layer rather than a dye the last time I worked with them. We used to joke that they were great archive media for weekly grocery lists only--anything that needed longer storage was better off with a DVD or magnetic tape. Apparently things haven't changed. Whenever the marketing hacks jump up and shout about "cutting edge" technology, the consumer is going to bleed.

Sorry for your loss.
rc1489
_
9. February 2010 @ 17:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Except for wally world wher i live 60 miles nearest high tech stores, but wally does not have any "blue ray" burners, so like i said i am not there yet for HD or blue ray, but what burners are there that will burn ble ray

sorry but i have done no research on it yet
dr_ml422
_
9. February 2010 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not a pro and beginner when it comes to Digital Video. I am though very business towards mostly everything. I knew the blank Blu-rays would somehow not be right yet. The price also kept me very much away.

Otn, that's why I've gone HDD to storage and am now in the process of converting all future flics I really want to a PS3 compatible .MP4 file using MeGui. It's a bit daunting at 1st, but aftera few licks it gets easier to use. I've been using some BS flics as Guinea Pigs, and all have played back well w/WMP on 7 Home x64 which is H.264 Native supportive. The PS3 Slim is coming soon. You'll have no issues playing and/or streaming files if properly encoded.

Here's the Guide I use. http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/P...uide_page1.html

Installed verbatim you should have no issues.
There's a MeGUI Guide here also. I just found this one more in depth. Only fix you'll need is installing AVIscript to run in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode.

Just another solid reason for my HDD storage decision. The writing's on the wall.

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Except for wally world wher i live 60 miles nearest high tech stores, but wally does not have any "blue ray" burners, so like i said i am not there yet for HD or blue ray, but what burners are there that will burn ble ray

sorry but i have done no research on it yet

BR burners at the EGG

rc1489
_
9. February 2010 @ 18:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks
i'll check them out later, any opinions yet what's best?
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 18:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catfreak have you tryed using BD-Rebuilder? Backing up the blu-ray DVD to a standard blank DVD-/+R or DVD+R DL, so all you need is a blu-ray dvd-rom reader

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-157/...th_2010-733781/

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. February 2010 @ 18:44

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 20:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks
i'll check them out later, any opinions yet what's best?

rc1489,
For me, it's still DVDs! They are going to have to get all the bugs out of BlueRay and get the price 1/4 of what it is now. Too many issues with it, and too darn expensive at the moment. They've gotten better, but they are going to have to be equal in operation to the current DVDs before I'll be interested.

Oh, BTW! Apparently Windows Media Player has had an update in Vista, because it no longer plays copies of DVDs. It gives a message that the sound isn't compatible with WMP! That same machine played them fine just 3 weeks ago with WMP.

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 23:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ZOSO

Are you still speaking to me? Go Saints.Interesting link. That looks like a solution if the picture quality is noticeable more HD in appearance.

I'll not be moving to BR Recordable discs now! thanks catfreak on the heads up.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. February 2010 @ 23:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
@ZOSO

Are you still speaking to me?
or anybody that will listen to my sorry ass i guess lol

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork