User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 03:20
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
6. February 2010 @ 06:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catfreak- Wives Can be such Wonderful Creatures at Times , Nearly Feline in many respects ! God Bless'em one and all !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Advertisement
_
__
_
6. February 2010 @ 11:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rob your right about the 20 buck ty's, they are much harder to obtain, every once in a great while SMS will have them and a sale usually lasts a day or two, why hardly any sales on pluses I don't know, and yes the verbs you can get often from OfficeMax or Sams for 20 bucks.

I will tell you those 300 pack +JVC's from SMS look awfull tempting for 86 smackers plus made by ty, man I'm gonna have to wash some dishes the next few days and get the Misses to let me order them.

Russ I never knew newegg even carried blank media, stupid me never ever looked, plus you dirty dog with them special deals from them, I'm jelous also lol.

Has anybody here have any experiance with the JVC ty's yet, I'm always kinda leary on ordering something new cause that deal looks very tempting.
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. February 2010 @ 12:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
rob your right about the 20 buck ty's, they are much harder to obtain, every once in a great while SMS will have them and a sale usually lasts a day or two, why hardly any sales on pluses I don't know, and yes the verbs you can get often from OfficeMax or Sams for 20 bucks.

I will tell you those 300 pack +JVC's from SMS look awfull tempting for 86 smackers plus made by ty, man I'm gonna have to wash some dishes the next few days and get the Misses to let me order them.

Russ I never knew newegg even carried blank media, stupid me never ever looked, plus you dirty dog with them special deals from them, I'm jelous also lol.

Has anybody here have any experiance with the JVC ty's yet, I'm always kinda leary on ordering something new cause that deal looks very tempting.
yes. ;) Nice media. :)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
6. February 2010 @ 12:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks greenman, hey Russ, got up this morning and we got 2 feet already YUK! plus it's not gonna stop till 6 tonight, might set a record, sure looks pretty though lol, gonna be stuck for a while.

The misses is missing her WaWa coffee this morning, I think I will make a deal, call my nieghbor with his 4 wheeler, get her coffee in exchange for some of those JVC's :)
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. February 2010 @ 12:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
thanks greenman, hey Russ, got up this morning and we got 2 feet already YUK! plus it's not gonna stop till 6 tonight, might set a record, sure looks pretty though lol, gonna be stuck for a while.

The misses is missing her WaWa coffee this morning, I think I will make a deal, call my nieghbor with his 4 wheeler, get her coffee in exchange for some of those JVC's :)
You are a man that is full of cunning!!! :D

I need to burn some more of those discs but been busy with other stuff. ;) When I burn more I'll post the results and let ye all drool. LOL. :P <<< that was aimed at Robert... he doesn't have any of those TY T03's. :p

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. February 2010 @ 13:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
16X TY's are incredibly good. They MIGHT appear like they don't scan well, but they always play without hitch. Even when superspeed burning ;) The discs seem to be able to handle high errors. TYG03 When burned by a good burner. My samsungs I stopped considering good...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
dr_ml422
_
6. February 2010 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
16X TY's are incredibly good. They MIGHT appear like they don't scan well, but they always play without hitch. Even when superspeed burning ;) The discs seem to be able to handle high errors. TYG03 When burned by a good burner. My samsungs I stopped considering good...
omegaman if I may is there something I should know about the Sammys? If so please let me know as I have 2 in my build. Only thing I've come across is a miscompare on write speeds w/ImgBurn. I don't do the graphy thing so I can't say anything about that.

Otn, all TYS whether 8x or 16x that I've burned have come out good and played. That I can vouch for. Thnx.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. February 2010 @ 20:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had two SH-S223Q drives. When I first got them, they were the lowest errors on TYG03 that I had seen. Toward the end of their usability, they were causing high jitter, and compatibility issues(Dvd players didn't like them). But of course, dvd-rom drives and burners would read them. Computer drives usually are not too picky. But their reading capabilities also floundered. I use to think samsungs were good readers, but transparent like discs were causing issues with the samsungs. I have a lite-on that is way older and still going strong. Perhaps samsung should stick with displays. But then, perhaps I got 2 bad burners...

dr_ml422
_
7. February 2010 @ 03:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hmmm. I can now say that you mention it that as reading goes they are not that great. Best readers I've had were LG's made by Hitachi. They are ususally very good readers.

The transparent disc issue could also be very true. I read a post where they said that it was better to get dark colored burners w/a dark tray as opposed to light ones, as the reflection from the optical light off the tray can cause issues. How true I don't know.

I think it was in a article describing the benefits of Pioneer Drives. I can't recall.

I did notice my optical mouse would not work on a white tiled Ikea table I had. Something told me to put a cardboard under my keyboard and then it took.

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. February 2010 @ 04:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Hmmm. I can now say that you mention it that as reading goes they are not that great. Best readers I've had were LG's made by Hitachi. They are ususally very good readers.

The transparent disc issue could also be very true. I read a post where they said that it was better to get dark colored burners w/a dark tray as opposed to light ones, as the reflection from the optical light off the tray can cause issues. How true I don't know.

I think it was in a article describing the benefits of Pioneer Drives. I can't recall.

I did notice my optical mouse would not work on a white tiled Ikea table I had. Something told me to put a cardboard under my keyboard and then it took.

dr_ml422,
The dark/light thing is not true at all. The light from it would have to be precisely focused to interfere with the focused beam of the laser. Otherwise it's effectively unseen! Some people even have the idea that it's like radiation, but the sensor ignores all but the proper signal. It simply doesn't see it!

On the Mouse, All the ones I've ever taken apart don't have a laser, they have a bright red LED! Even if it was an actual laser it would have to be very low power because you can see the light's reflection with the mirror/prism it shoots through. A laser under those circumstances would be harmful to the eyes! I've also never seen a Laser Warning on any mouse or it's packaging. Colors they work on vary greatly. Some black surfaces the mouse won't work on, while on others that look the same color to the eye, they do. More often than not you can use a piece of white Bond paper for a mouse pad, and the mouse will work fine.

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. February 2010 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim DVDs

100 for $19.99

02/07/2010 - 02/13/2010

Office Max

enjoy !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
dr_ml422
_
7. February 2010 @ 11:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422,
The dark/light thing is not true at all. The light from it would have to be precisely focused to interfere with the focused beam of the laser. Otherwise it's effectively unseen! Some people even have the idea that it's like radiation, but the sensor ignores all but the proper signal. It simply doesn't see it!

On the Mouse, All the ones I've ever taken apart don't have a laser, they have a bright red LED! Even if it was an actual laser it would have to be very low power because you can see the light's reflection with the mirror/prism it shoots through. A laser under those circumstances would be harmful to the eyes! I've also never seen a Laser Warning on any mouse or it's packaging. Colors they work on vary greatly. Some black surfaces the mouse won't work on, while on others that look the same color to the eye, they do. More often than not you can use a piece of white Bond paper for a mouse pad, and the mouse will work fine.

Best Regards,
Russ

Russ thnx for clarifying this. You know how misinformation can spread on the web. I did kind of suspect the mouse thing can happen w/some surfaces.

I will be checking out some results w/different burners either here or on ImgBurn's forum to see what a good buy would be.

I forgot to mention also that the Sammy's are really slow in the write-in. More so w/DVD-R than DVD+r so I've decided on DVD+R blanks for that reason as well. They also take long to reach the desired write speed. Usually towards the end if that. At least mine do w/ImgBurn.

@ catfreak Those Verbs are a excellent snatch. I get PO because OM is in Brooklyn here and I'm in Manhattan. So the train fare + tax puts them prolly a lil over $26.00 for a hundred. If more than I save. I still have about 80 or so JVC DVD+R from SMS.

I'll think about them. If anyone finds the verbs about that or less than $26.00 w/free shipping please post. Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. February 2010 @ 12:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@dr-ml22

you can get OM sale on line here http://www.officemax.com/catalog/search....x=23&search.y=9
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. February 2010 @ 12:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422,

Best Regards,
Russ

Russ thnx for clarifying this. You know how misinformation can spread on the web. I did kind of suspect the mouse thing can happen w/some surfaces.

I will be checking out some results w/different burners either here or on ImgBurn's forum to see what a good buy would be.

I forgot to mention also that the Sammy's are really slow in the write-in. More so w/DVD-R than DVD+r so I've decided on DVD+R blanks for that reason as well. They also take long to reach the desired write speed. Usually towards the end if that. At least mine do w/ImgBurn.

@ catfreak Those Verbs are a excellent snatch. I get PO because OM is in Brooklyn here and I'm in Manhattan. So the train fare + tax puts them prolly a lil over $26.00 for a hundred. If more than I save. I still have about 80 or so JVC DVD+R from SMS.

I'll think about them. If anyone finds the verbs about that or less than $26.00 w/free shipping please post. Thnx.

dr_ml422,
I did a bit of looking, and there are mice with Lasers. About half as many as there are Optical mice. I can't recall ever owning or seeing one though.

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

Joleca
_
7. February 2010 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you order online, OfficeMax offers free shipping for orders over $50... so order at least 300 (3 spindles) for $60 and shipping is free!!

~~~~ Nothings Forgotten. Nothing Is Ever Forgotten. ~~~~
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. February 2010 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
(dr_ml22)If anyone finds the verbs about that or less than $26.00 w/free shipping please post. Thnx.

dr_ml422,
The Egg has them for $23.99 w/free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003
It depends on what your sales tax (if any) is, whether they are under $26!

Best Regards,
Russ

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. February 2010 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've taken ads like that into my local officemax, and they honor them ;) Their usual price on the +R's is ridiculous. 59.99 for 100!!! I've told them that before, that they're ridiculous!

rc1489
_
7. February 2010 @ 14:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
]dr_ml422,

Any idea why my Magnavox dvd vcr combo for dubbing, model ZV450MW8A
suggests up to 16 x on Maxell media, but on Verbs only to 8x either -or+?
I'd buy these Verbs at this price if they are still available but under the specs i don't know.
tks

GO SAINTS
sorry for interrupting the thought process here.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. February 2010 @ 14:53

dr_ml422
_
7. February 2010 @ 22:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rc1489:
Quote:
]dr_ml422,

I'd buy these Verbs at this price if they are still available but under the specs i don't know.
tks

GO SAINTS
sorry for interrupting the thought process here.
The Saints won. So they went! Lol...

On the DVD-VCR combo. I have a Toshiba DVD recorder which suggested more or less the same also. I think they do that because the store has the discs available and the manufacturer and store both make some kind of deal. I'm not 100% but that would seem possible.

I've thrown TYs and Verbs in mine w/out any issues.
Thnx for the links guys. I do have to check w/the tax as some sites are now charging NYS residents tax. I'd have to see my last order on Egg to know if tax was charged.

AfterDawn Addict
_
8. February 2010 @ 00:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422,
Quote:
tks

I wouldn't worry too much about it. My AD-7220s will burn my Yuden T02 -R 8x's at 12x, while the AD-7240s will only burn them at 8x. I think it's more about disk recognition, and Magnavox knows people will have trouble trying to burn them higher than 8x because the drive doesn't see them as 16x or 12x, at least the Magnavox a neighbor of mine has, is that way. It is irritating when you have a 16x disk in a 16x drive and it will only burn at 8x. That was a lot more common several years back, than it is today. Besides that, their suggestion of verbs at 8x, covers them too!

The whole point is, verbs are good disks, and the 16x's will allow me to burn up to 20x on the 7240s. 16x max, with the 7220. My -R 8x T02's, see the DVD as burnable, up to 12x, so I guess it works both ways.

Russ

rc1489
_
8. February 2010 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So you are thinking my Magnavox will write the 16 at 8 possibly?

WHO DAT ----SAINTS
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. February 2010 @ 00:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SAINTS WIN IT ALL

Whole South Louisiana going bonkers tonight. One big party until end of Mardi Gras.
dr_ml422
_
8. February 2010 @ 01:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So you are thinking my Magnavox will write the 16 at 8 possibly?

That's a recorder correct? So it will record the VCR tape in real time no? Where's the writing here? I know it finalizes the disc for playback etc... I would think when you take out the copied disc then writing from that is where the speed comes in.

WHO DAT ----SAINTS

rc1489
_
8. February 2010 @ 01:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes it is a dvd vcr combo/dubber, specs say 16 x on maxell or lower,
verbs only suggests to 8---if you put a 16 in it won't write it at 8? will it?

For a year i have been dubbing vhs tapes to dvd, lately i found the verbs work much better, will be copying them later on another drive,
but the price newegg had on those 16's is good, but my specs don't suggest 16's on verb?
Advertisement
_
__

_
dr_ml422
_
8. February 2010 @ 02:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes it is a dvd vcr combo/dubber, specs say 16 x on maxell or lower,
verbs only suggests to 8---if you put a 16 in it won't write it at 8? will it?

For a year i have been dubbing vhs tapes to dvd, lately i found the verbs work much better, will be copying them later on another drive,
but the price newegg had on those 16's is good, but my specs don't suggest 16's on verb?
You'll be ok as your just dubbing and that's real time no matter what. Get the verbs if you'd like and you can use them 4 both copying and burning later on. I started like that myself w/VHS. So I know what you're doing.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork