User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 03:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. February 2010 @ 00:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
Quote:
@ZOSO

Are you still speaking to me?
or anybody that will listen to my sorry ass i guess lol
You're so hard on yourself!! :p

I don't think that catfreak's experience is isolated... I've said all along that I'm NOT spending that kind of money on something that might work... and NOW come to find out the longevity of BR media is a joke... I'm out for sure now!! :p

Thanks to JoeRyan for his input as well... ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. February 2010 @ 00:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Indeed. Thank you catfreak. I've been considering buying the stuff, and now I'm probably gonna wait quite a bit longer. Unless TY releases something in the near future. But if they were to, it'd no doubt be the most spendy...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. February 2010 @ 10:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok guys and Rob here is you're 20 cents each Taiyo Yuden blank media at Meritline

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...hq_v=2ba293037c

This is a ONE day sale guys!!

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. February 2010 @ 11:00

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. February 2010 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
ok guys and Rob here is you're 20 cents each Taiyo Yuden blank media at Meritline

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...hq_v=2ba293037c

This is a ONE day sale guys!!
I would get banned from the internet.. ROFL. I just bought 200!! :(

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
10. February 2010 @ 11:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Guys I'm registered with OfficeMax, they sent a on-line coupon code worth 30 bucks with any order over 200 bucks, I also know they have verbs on sale for 20 bucks per 100, if anybody is intersted in aquiring $200 worth of those verbs or a combination of other things that means you get your verbs even cheaper, plus free shipping, check thier website, I don't know if you can find a coupon without being registered, I got mine thru my e-mail, anyway might be worth a shot.
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. February 2010 @ 15:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Still have not received my JVC +Rs from SMS. Are they slow? First time with them. The egg mucho faster.

@Gm you got the -R stuff, happy burning.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. February 2010 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only time SMS ever wronged me, was when they ran out of a "Free gift" item LOL! I was laughing about that. They held the entire shipment for 2 days because they ran out of a stupid 2 dollar item! I called them and told them to forget about the stupid item! ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. February 2010 @ 16:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Still have not received my JVC +Rs from SMS. Are they slow? First time with them. The egg mucho faster.

@Gm you got the -R stuff, happy burning.
I got both GARmoonY. ;) 150 DVD+R and 50 DVD-R. ;)

They were decently fast tho... I think 3-4 business days. hmmmmmmm...

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. February 2010 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
99% of the time, it's 3 days for me. They're nothing if not predictable LOL! I definitely prefer SMS. I forget why, but Meritline turned me off. I may give them another shot though ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. February 2010 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Meritline is quicker for me since there on the east coast (i'm in the Indianapolis area) compared to SMS being on the west coast, Garmoon it shouldn't take anymore than 5 business days to get your order

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
_
13. February 2010 @ 09:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
USED BOTH ?- SMS & MERITLINE - Can't rememberwhich one was quicker with delivery ? But then I have'nt ordered media from'em in a while either - O' the Perils of Online shopping ! _it could just be that bieng everyone wants to try the New jvc/taiyo yudens that demand is outstripping supply { backorders} or perhaps they just were'nt expecting this positive of a response ? that's the beauty of brick and mortar stores you can actually help yourself and physical get your media ! . I know thoygh that this axiom does'nt apply here though ! I would give them a few more days and if it has'nt arrive cancel the order Or Threaten to call your creditcard company & let them handle it ? - I live up the interstate apiece from GARMOON so I should get my orders about the same time when I do order online !

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 09:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I ordered my DVDs from SMS on a Wednesday . . received them the following Tuesday

I don't do MeritLine

Everything but DVDs I get from the Egg because they ship out of Jersey for us Michiganders . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
dr_ml422
_
13. February 2010 @ 10:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The storage might still last 30 yrs. or so on the JVC TYS. I don't like the glossy surface though or it doen't like my sharpies. I have to either apply less pressure when writing on them or more depending. The silver thermals were way better for that. I have new sharpies too.

Otn, I also agree on the B&M process. Go in n out n done. Works great when Best Buy has the Verbs at a decent price cause they're a few blocks away. For OM I'm going to wait until these TYS are all but done and if a decent sale go get a couple of hundred as in that case train fare + tax wouldn't be too much of a factor.

SMS takes a bit to get to the Apple also. Cali is about 4 days away ground shipping which is free. Never a issue though w/merchandise from them. I even bought HDDs from them and they were great.

I might be sticking to Verbs. Partly because there's not too much quality loss compared to TYS and the cost is cheaper + access. Top of that I'm only using them for some storage and rest maybe giveaways/business. More TB HDDs is what's coming 4 sure.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 10:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got my order last night. I of 4 50packs damaged all were just in a beat up box with no packing to protect them.I will never order from them again. Now I'v got to get a pack replaced-just aggravating.
_
13. February 2010 @ 10:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon, who shipped it merit or SMS?
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 10:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got my order last night. I of 4 50packs damaged all were just in a beat up box with no packing to protect them.I will never order from them again. Now I'v got to get a pack replaced-just aggravating.
Sorry for your aggravation GARmoonY. ;) At least you can "mark" them off your list of places to get stuff. ;) Of course the EGG sells the discs at times too... NOT JVC that I know of but they do Ritek and Verbies. ;) Sometimes Verbies can be had for about $20 delivered. ;)

Goooood Luck or maybe Better luck next time with whomever you choose to buy from. ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 11:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The JVC Tys that I received from SMS were wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap and placed in a box full of styrofoam 'peanuts'

My SMS experience has been that the larger the order, the better the packaging.

Only one complaint . . the JVC discs could use a couple of more spacers in the cakebox . . the discs are kind of loose

dr_ml422
_
13. February 2010 @ 11:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon that happen to me 1 time w/them. Just call them when you do say that next time make sure they package them better blah blah blah, that customers leave because of this. I know you're PO. I wouldn't rule them out completely though. They do respond to complaints and RMA really well.

Otn, I heard through the grapevine that UPS has a 6ft. drop from the docking station to truck or w/e. I don't pay mind to that. More important things iynwim. Unfortunately most free shippimg w/these guys are UPS, and a alternative will prolly cost.

The days of quality work and job appreciation are long gone. especially now w/this crisis.

_
13. February 2010 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The 6 ft. drop is true, I know my daughter worked there for six months.
rc1489
_
13. February 2010 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tell them here what you think

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1639-p3-s1-d1.html

they have poor response and lots of excuses, i'll never go there again

MPE
_
13. February 2010 @ 12:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So far during the last 5 years I have been ordering from them I have never encountered a problem, and if I ever do they will know it.
dr_ml422
_
13. February 2010 @ 17:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
The 6 ft. drop is true, I know my daughter worked there for six months.
Fred thnx for confirming this. I got wind of it a couple of weeks ago when trying to help someone who thought his HDD was damaged and went on this notion by another member. While I didn't argue about the 6ft. drop being true, I seriously doubted he had HDD damage. I was right. He RMA'D it and still had same issue. Lol... After some troubleshooting we figured out the issue.

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

garmoon,
I don't know what the 50 packs are like, but the cake box TY uses for the 100s, flat sucks. Worst I've ever seen! The cover is hard to get off, and even harder to put on! The 100s come shipped without a foam spacer at the top as well, so you can pretty well throw out the top couple of DVDs. Newegg didn't help a lot by throwing it in a boxfull of peanuts and setting a piece of bubble wrap on top of it. This is what happens when you hire minimum wage workers, to cut costs!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 20:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My 500 came in 10 cake boxes of 50

and as I previously posted, the discs were loose in the cake boxes and could use a couple of more spacers . . not SMS's fault . . typical of Taiyo Yuden

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
13. February 2010 @ 21:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've experienced similar issues with the cake packages. Loose discs. Fortunately, nothing has happened to the discs yet, because of that. Hope it never does...

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork