User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 05:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 21:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
My 500 came in 10 cake boxes of 50

and as I previously posted, the discs were loose in the cake boxes and could use a couple of more spacers . . not SMS's fault . . typical of Taiyo Yuden

catfreak,
The funny thing is they specify "No Wafer". I wonder why, as common sense would dictate otherwise!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 21:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
I've experienced similar issues with the cake packages. Loose discs. Fortunately, nothing has happened to the discs yet, because of that. Hope it never does...

Oman7,
The cake box I got has internal tabs to lock the cover on. The big problem is, there is no real stop on the locks. The cover can be removed clockwise as well as counter clockwise, with just a detent in the middle. It's an incredibly stupid design because you can't see where the slot is for the notches, to put the cover back on! I just switched mine to a Verb cake box. Problem solved!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. February 2010 @ 21:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
maybe a good reason to buy them in the tapewrap

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
bratcher
_
13. February 2010 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I prefer buying my TY's from Meritline & SMS in tape wrap instead of on spindles as I keep a few spindles handy to put the discs on after I take the tape wrap off. The last 600 pack I got from Meritline of 8x TY white inkjt printables had each 100 pack in it's own compartment with bobble wrap sitting on top of the packs. Nothing on the bottom except the box & no damage to any of the discs but then I bought that 600 pack about 4 months ago & have another one coming in a few days via UPS from Meritline. Not low on discs though as there is one hundred pack still in it's tape wrap ready to go plus I've got about 40 something 8x TY's on a spindle. A few days ago I bought four 50 packs of Phillips (CMAG) 16x white inkjet printables off the damaged & returned aisle at my local Microcenter for $9.99 each when they usually run $13.99 so other than light damage to the outer cakeboxes nothing was wrong with the discs. Oh & I bought another 2TB Western Digital external USB drive while I was there too. Brand new & thankfully on sale!!
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2010 @ 00:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've solved my problem. I'll be buying my media from B&M stores as long as they keep putting Verbs on sale. They are are as god as anything around that I've been using. If the JVCs that weren't damaged are as good I'll look for them also. At least I will get undamaged media that way. And -R and +R are same price.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. February 2010 @ 00:29

dr_ml422
_
14. February 2010 @ 02:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I never bought tape wrapped media before because of the storage issue if no spindles or w/e. So they come tightly wrapped and much in good shape as caked media? They are less expensive a lot I've seen.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
bratcher
_
14. February 2010 @ 08:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
I never bought tape wrapped media before because of the storage issue if no spindles or w/e. So they come tightly wrapped and much in good shape as caked media? They are less expensive a lot I've seen.
I've never had a tape wrapped 100 pack of CD's or DVD's arrive damaged plus I keep some empty spindles around to hold the discs before they are burned.
_
14. February 2010 @ 09:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- I bought About 600 taiyo 8x Dvd-R Value-line thermal Printables O' maybe a couple of years ago From SMS I think ? and They were packed well and arrived promptly & undamaged by transit/shipping or poor packing !- The only Issues I had if you can call them that was as you said " how to store them ? Luckily I'm a packrat so I simply Reused my spindles from my horde of branded disc {sony's Verbatim ect...} Who's disc I had already burned So they were now available for reuse Works good ! of course If you don't have any empty spindles then You can't use what you don't have naturally . But you could ask your Buds to save you theirs or Just order some with your disc but then you might end up spending enough to buy the premium with the media already in spindles ? I had'nt checked on that pricewise lately Though ! The only other Caveat I would say Is If you Do Buy the Tape wrapped disc Try not to open them Till you have a storage solution planned or Disc all over and you would'nt want them to get scratched up right ? You could just go the Wallet Binder Route or Put them in Individaul DVD cases if you have them and the time to spare? - Also when you open up your Tape wrapped disc sometimes they stick together No residue on the writing/Burning surface of the disc just around the rim/edge of the dissc { the part the wrap actually touchs ! They seperate easily and in 600 Disc I had no problems caused ny that ,But I figured that you'd wanna know - Good luck Buddy & cheers !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. February 2010 @ 09:09

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2010 @ 10:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@GARmoonY.. nothing wrong with that.. as they are just as cheap at times and like you said.... "At least I will get undamaged media that way". ;)

@dr_ml.. Never had an issue with the "tape" wrapped DVD's. ;) Like all have suggested, just use some spindles if you have them laying around. ;) I'm like Sasquatch... me hords them babies. LOL.

@bratcher.. You got some pretty good deals there.. which CMC MAG discs did you get?? I've used a few hundred of the CMC MAG AM3 discs and they really are nice. ;)

@Sasquatch (BT69).. Ya Rat Packing Hairy Bugger you!! LOL. I think that a few of us do the same thing when it comes to "smart" savings... lol. Me bride doesn't understand it until I pull one of those 100 disc spindles off the shelve and slide that spindle rod nicely up the middle of the pack... hehehe. She likes it!! :O Nice storage savings and saves the mess of picking up a load of discs... :D

I used AllMediaOutlet.com until about a year ago.. for some reason they went belly up... got all my media there TY's and DVD minis.. but alas I had to make the switch to SMS and Meritline for online purchases... for B&M purchases it seems that OM is the place to go most of the time. ;) Staples has some good deals too. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
14. February 2010 @ 10:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BRATCHERT- Good To go on the hard drive I see ? I hear ya's I have a 400GB usb { Home-grown }, 2 500GB WD's and 2 1Tb WD's Plus a 1Tb CavalRy usb HDD !!!! - Can't be to Rich, Too thin orHave enough Hard Drive Space Right ? - Now If I could Only Find The 2 1Tb WD DrIves ? I Know I have them & they are In the house somewhere But Where is the question ?Oh well I'll Find 'em eventually I suppose ? Maybe I'll Break tradition This year and Buy a Couple 2Tb internals For My dell Inspiron 530 Put My lity's & card reader In it and be a Grownup ????? Decisions ,decisions ?????????????

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2010 @ 11:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@BIGTOXY69

. . just remember, getting older is mandatory
but growing up is optional !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. February 2010 @ 11:37

dr_ml422
_
14. February 2010 @ 14:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx for the replies on the tape wrapped Discs. Since I'm only going to be burning what I really want this time around, and converting, I'll want to at least save some videos in VTS/VOB format to them. That way if I want to convert to another different format I'll have them available. Having both set of files will burn a hole in my pocket hdd wise.

That mom n pop shop I posted about has the tape wrapped discs. I'll see what brand and post back see if you guys used them and if good to go b4 I pull the trigger. I'll be trying locally as well when the stuff is good. Online otherwise.

I never thought I'd say this but things are tight out here. When the Dunkin Donuts start closing you know it's bad. Lol...

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2010 @ 18:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We have car dealerships closing like crazy around here . . of course, we had way too many to begin with . . .

If you want to get a good deal on a home, just come here to the metro Deetroit area . . .

Ha ha ha . . bunch of people been living way beyond their means for decades . . kinda snuck up and bit them in the old patootie!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
bratcher
_
15. February 2010 @ 09:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman
@bratcher.. You got some pretty good deals there.. which CMC MAG discs did you get?? I've used a few hundred of the CMC MAG AM3 discs and they really are nice. ;)
[/quote:

They were 16x Phillips white inkjet printable in 50 packs with the spindle & cover. Only minor problem is the covers were slightly damaged. Nothing wrong with the discs!!
bratcher
_
15. February 2010 @ 09:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
BRATCHERT- Good To go on the hard drive I see ? I hear ya's I have a 400GB usb { Home-grown }, 2 500GB WD's and 2 1Tb WD's Plus a 1Tb CavalRy usb HDD !!!! - Can't be to Rich, Too thin orHave enough Hard Drive Space Right ? - Now If I could Only Find The 2 1Tb WD DrIves ? I Know I have them & they are In the house somewhere But Where is the question ?Oh well I'll Find 'em eventually I suppose ? Maybe I'll Break tradition This year and Buy a Couple 2Tb internals For My dell Inspiron 530 Put My lity's & card reader In it and be a Grownup ????? Decisions ,decisions ?????????????
For storage I've got 1tb in the computer plus a single 1tb external plus the new 2tb external. All 3 are WD's & the externals are USB. Also the boot drive is a WD too. Speaking of Western Digital my SA 8300 DVR from Comcast has a 500gb My DVR Expander on it that has been working great for about 18 months now. WD now has a 1tb DVR expander but I really don't need it so I haven't bought one. It's just that in my experience WD drives are so relieable that I won't buy any other brand.
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
16. February 2010 @ 18:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Has Taiyo Yuden sold out to JVC ? If so how will this affect the Quality of Taiyo Yuden . I haven't seen any articals to this affect, but a friend of mine pointed out this to me
JVC Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 16X DVD-R Media (Value Line) 200 Pack in Tape Wrap

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...DHub+Printable|
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2010 @ 18:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rick5446:
Has Taiyo Yuden sold out to JVC ? If so how will this affect the Quality of Taiyo Yuden . I haven't seen any articals to this affect, but a friend of mine pointed out this to me
JVC Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 16X DVD-R Media (Value Line) 200 Pack in Tape Wrap

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...ntable|

Rick,
Yes, JVC recently bought TY. JVC is pretty fussy about quality so I hope that continues under their ownership.

Best Regards,
Russ

rick5446
_
16. February 2010 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks a lot, never thought TY would sell out. Always thought they were a major player
rick5446
_
16. February 2010 @ 18:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quick question...What is a good brand of Glossy Printable DVDs, and a link if you have one.
I've heard that the print surface is Superior to Matte, would like to try a few to see
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
16. February 2010 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SMS's watershield TY's are incredible! TYG03 is there id. I use them all the time. Never one coaster!

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2010 @ 18:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks a lot, never thought TY would sell out. Always thought they were a major player

Rick,
JVC is a good company, and everything stays the same, except TY will have more money for R&D. I expect good things from this marriage!

Russ

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. February 2010 @ 18:55

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2010 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Russ

I just did a scan of a JVC +RX16 TY T03. Not a pretty score. This one was a 77. The one I posted yesterday in the scan thread had a better score but a worse disc.I'll not be buying anymore of them. TY branded JVC is now 2nd tier IMHO. I hope they read these threads.
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2010 @ 21:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:

Rick,
Yes, JVC recently bought TY. JVC is pretty fussy about quality so I hope that continues under their ownership.

Best Regards,
Russ
I may have misread earlier (a few weeks ago) but I'm pretty sure that TY bought JVC's part of the media market or something like that. :)

add: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News...how/3073374.cms

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. February 2010 @ 21:53

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. February 2010 @ 21:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Originally posted by theonejrs:

Rick,

Best Regards,
Russ
I may have misread earlier (a few weeks ago) but I'm pretty sure that TY bought JVC's part of the media market or something like that. :)

GM,
I went and looked it up, as I read it in the news, and darned if you aren't right! LOL!! TY bought the Media division of JVC. That's an even better thing as JVC has no say in what TY does, so no interference in TYs operation.

Sorry,
Russ

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
17. February 2010 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now that is good news, I was worried some, as we all know once a big corporation takes over things most of the time things go sour, so as long as Ty has the major say so I am happy.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork