User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 13:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. April 2010 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. April 2010 @ 16:17

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. April 2010 @ 23:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
200 pack TYs 39.99

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...tant%20Savings!
Nice deal!! I better NOT.. :(

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. April 2010 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL! Ball and chain? I may have to buy some media myself here soon. I'm about to start going ape $h!t on burning some archived data, and when I do that, discs start going quickly LOL!
About to open a new batch of MKM 001's (Singapore Dual layer Verbs) :D Though I might start backing up SOME of my BD's to single layer dvds @ 720P. Speed 1994 really did look quite agreeable. Noticeably better than dvd.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2010 @ 01:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
LOL! Ball and chain? I may have to buy some media myself here soon. I'm about to start going ape $h!t on burning some archived data, and when I do that, discs start going quickly LOL!
About to open a new batch of MKM 001's (Singapore Dual layer Verbs) :D Though I might start backing up SOME of my BD's to single layer dvds @ 720P. Speed 1994 really did look quite agreeable. Noticeably better than dvd.
I absolutely agree with that statement... I only have a 32" TV but it's amazing the difference between a BD backup and a DVD backup... :D :D

NOT ball and chain... "monetary adviser" is more like it... If I didn't have 1000+ on da shelf right now I"d buy at least 300!!! :D

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. April 2010 @ 01:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a 50" plasma in the living room. BIG difference LOL! My brother has a 42" 1080P LCD TV. Also a huge difference. I'm quickly becoming spoiled to high definition content LOL!
Some of my longer movies though, E.g. Harry potter, would do better to back up to Dual layer dvds. Or when Titanic finally comes out. That's also a very long movie ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2010 @ 01:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a 50" plasma in the living room. BIG difference LOL! My brother has a 42" 1080P LCD TV. Also a huge difference. I'm quickly becoming spoiled to high definition content LOL!
Some of my longer movies though, E.g. Harry potter, would do better to back up to Dual layer dvds. Or when Titanic finally comes out. That's also a very long movie ;)
I can't imagine a 8GB backup of a QUALITY movie... :) BR Discs are ridiculously expensive and anyone NOT using DVD-9 or DVD-5 for backups is INSANE!!! :p

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. April 2010 @ 01:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There are some movies, that I wouldn't mind simply shrinking from BD50, down to BD25 via BD rebuilder. The only reason I haven't, is because the media is ridiculously expensive, unreliable, and there are very few players that will handle the burned media from what I've read. In fact, the PS3 may be the only reliable player. Though quite a bit of time has passed since I heard that. Perhaps other companies have produced players that support the burned media. Even still, the burnable media is unacceptably expensive. I won't touch it with a ten foot pole...

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2010 @ 02:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
I can't imagine a 8GB backup of a QUALITY movie... :) BR Discs are ridiculously expensive and anyone NOT using DVD-9 or DVD-5 for backups is INSANE!!! :p
GM,
My best DVD ever, was a DVD-5 I made of Batman Begins. It was 8.2GB. After a trip through DVDRB/CCE, it looks fabulous! I sent Fred a copy to evaluate, just ask him about the video quality!

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2010 @ 07:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
GM,
My best DVD ever, was a DVD-5 I made of Batman Begins. It was 8.2GB. After a trip through DVDRB/CCE, it looks fabulous! I sent Fred a copy to evaluate, just ask him about the video quality!

Best Regards,
Russ
Russ NO doubt it was great quality but BD backups are so frikkin good it's stupid... you have to check one out. ;) I really notice it on the kiddy movies... for some reason the animated movies just pop in BD. :D

Lurth
Inactive
_
6. April 2010 @ 08:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Buy.com has 100 pack - X16 Verbatum DVD+Rs for $19.99 and free shippng.
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2010 @ 08:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lurth:
good find there Lurth. :) thanks!!

_
6. April 2010 @ 09:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lurth:
good find there Lurth. :) thanks!!
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???- Souns like the ld Vegas Joke - A Visitor To Las Vegas Tells The Cocktail Waitress ' Sweetie Bring Me 1 Manhattan every 15 minutes Till I pass out !!!!! the waitress says and then what ? after that 1 every hour honey !!! LOL!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2010 @ 10:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Briefly OT then right back on... ROFL. ;)

BT69... it's CREAKY not me that said that and he has them often... some of the best quotes on the AD forums if you ask me. :p Nephy was quite good too... but as he is just hit and run now it's just a shame. :D :D :D I think that ddp could have some potential but he keeps his to a sentence minimum. :p

OK... back On Topic...
That last 2 deals posted were/are very good... hope someone took advantage!!! ;)

rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. April 2010 @ 18:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
greensman: Would U consider an MKV as the same Quality as a BD
I've had the opportunity to watch King Kong the extended Ver, in both Blu-ray on a Blu-ray Disc,and MKV Converted to Blu-ray om a 4.3, and on my WD Media Player. In it's full MKV form of 8.5 Gig

My own Opinion being,is that their is no Difference
Would like too know your opinion

As it stands for me right now, I'm going to invest in some DVD 9 [Dual Layer] to see if their is a significant difference between 4.3 and 9.0

Also have tried RUSS's method of converting to a Standard DVD. Which turns out to be far Superior to a Regular DVD Rip.

Unfortunately ! Once a Blu-ray is made the Computer no longer reads a Disc in a Standard Drive. U need a BD READER OR WRITER, SO I HAVE 2 WAIT UNTIL THE BD Writers come down in price to around 100.00 bucks B4 I buy one
But fortunately I have a Samsung BD-P1500 that I paid 99.00 for to Watch BD Movies
Also I have a Western Digital USB 2.0 WD TV Live Network-Ready HD Media Player. Which is compatibable to all my FORMATS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...ital-_-22136472

Compatibility:
HDMI, Full HD (1080p), AAC, MP3, JPEG, USB 2.0, H.264, SimplayHD, Energy Star, Dolby Digital, DTS,
Pay particulars to AAC and DTS
My own Opinion is AC3 is of a good enough Quality, with half as many MBs . But it's a BEECH havinG to Convert AAC & DTS to AC3. Therefore comes into play my MEDIA Player Live
Converting to BD or DVD no problem with any type of Audio
Will be glad when they come out with a DivX, MKV Player with AAC, & DTS compatibility
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. April 2010 @ 00:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MKV vs BD: I would say it has more to do with Bitrate, then the actual container. Container being E.g. Avi, mp4, MKV, M2TS, Mov, Mpg, etc, etc. I have noticed, that the AVCHD format given by Ripbot264, produces a M2TS file, which is BD compliant. Essentially, it is a very compressed blu ray.
single layer vs Dual layer dvd: I would say it depends on the length of the movie. Once again, Bitrate. Speed 1994 is just under 2 hrs. It looks good on a 50" 720P plasma screen. I downscaled it from 1080 to 720P single layer. It may have taken a significant loss though. I believe its bitrate was around 4600Kb/s average. I recall thinking that was bare minimum during my testing. I went as far as 3,000 KB/s and was impressed anyway. The X264 codec is highly advanced coding :D It literally smokes the divx/Xvid codec. WAYY better. On dual layer encodes, I average around 7500 - 9,000. I believe 9,000 and above look lossless. But I could be mistaken. It could be possible to go further. My display is not large enough to comment. Perhaps soon though, I can get a larger display :)

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. April 2010 @ 01:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rick5446:
greensman: Would U consider an MKV as the same Quality as a BD
I've had the opportunity to watch King Kong the extended Ver, in both Blu-ray on a Blu-ray Disc,and MKV Converted to Blu-ray om a 4.3, and on my WD Media Player. In it's full MKV form of 8.5 Gig

My own Opinion being,is that their is no Difference
Would like too know your opinion

As it stands for me right now, I'm going to invest in some DVD 9 [Dual Layer] to see if their is a significant difference between 4.3 and 9.0

Also have tried RUSS's method of converting to a Standard DVD. Which turns out to be far Superior to a Regular DVD Rip.

I think you made my point for me here.... I was trying to say that the BD rip converted is superior to a DVD rip conversion. NOT that the DVD is BAD it's just amazing how much better the BD rip is. ;) I really 'see' it on animated movies... something like 9 or Planet 51.

I think if a guy ripped his own BD and then converted to DVD-9 media he could have something there... I have a couple of movies a friend sent that I can't watch because they are BD backups written on a DVD-9 in BD format methinks.... anyway my dang players won't "see" the discs... I'd love to watch them... someday the CHEAP and FRUGAL GM will buy a BD player!! :p

add: isn't MKV just a container? it may house the BD rip or file but it's just a similar file structure to H264 isn't it?? ;)

rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
7. April 2010 @ 06:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MKV IS JUST THE Container. It's just easier to assimilate MKV, RATHER THEN ALL THE OTHER Stuff,things,junk, etc..What ever
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. April 2010 @ 12:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MKV seems to support a higher bitrate, so I imagine its favored. AVCHD apparently loses a slight amount of bitrate. It's not noticeable if you ask me ;) HD is HD :D

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. April 2010 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MKV seems to support a higher bitrate, so I imagine its favored. AVCHD apparently loses a slight amount of bitrate. It's not noticeable if you ask me ;) HD is HD :D
Oman7,
HD "is" HD! But not all HD is created equal, when it comes to picture quality! While they all look good, some look better than others. There's a lot of "Cult" movies that have been remastered to HD, like "The Last Starfighter". It looks very good, but not on a par with newer titles. Even the with new titles, some look very good, and some have exemplary graphics. I just finished a DVD-5 of "The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus". There are scenes in it that are absolutely breathtaking. I own the DVD of it, and there's no comparison to the HD version at all. It's just another case of being able to make a better DVD out of the HD than you can buy! Trippy Flick, but Kool beyond words!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

_
10. April 2010 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Greensman - Putting a Elephant in a VW Beetle isn't funny ??? It's like the old Quote about Teaching Pigs to sing? "Never try to teach a pig to sing....it wastes
your time and annoys the pig.!!!" While I don't Think what everyone is talking about falls exactly in that category - I fail to see the purpose in it ? But then again I am a bit Slow ???????? If your gonna rip your Blu-ray Disc to the computer to make a Dvd-9 Backup of it To preserve your original disc ? I can see the logic in that just as it makes sense to do with regular DVD movies . However If your gonna Have to Have a Blu-ray Drive anyway on your computer to read if not read and Write DVDs& or Blu-ray Disc and the Drivesare more expensive than a Straight up 16-22X DVD burner, Then your gonna have to buy DVD-9 Blanks ( Verbatims Prolly ) about $ 2.00 ea. If you sniff around you might be able to buy some Blu-ray Blanks For close to that ? and then you won't have to deal with the compression and all the magical stuff we deal with when we back up regular dvds ? - I'm not picking on anyone I just get the feeling I'm missing something in this cobversation ? Anyways Buddy Happy Burning !!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
10. April 2010 @ 12:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know about getting blank BR Disc's for two bucks, or even close to it, of course I could be wrong cause I haven't checked in a couple of months, but if they are out there can you show me a link.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. April 2010 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD-9's are cheaper than 2bucks. I average closer to 1.50 on my verbs. But I buy the 2.4X-6X discs. Not the 8X discs :p I only buy them when they're on sale LOL!

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. April 2010 @ 15:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
Greensman - Putting a Elephant in a VW Beetle isn't funny ??? It's like the old Quote about Teaching Pigs to sing? "Never try to teach a pig to sing....it wastes
your time and annoys the pig.!!!" While I don't Think what everyone is talking about falls exactly in that category - I fail to see the purpose in it ? But then again I am a bit Slow ???????? If your gonna rip your Blu-ray Disc to the computer to make a Dvd-9 Backup of it To preserve your original disc ? I can see the logic in that just as it makes sense to do with regular DVD movies . However If your gonna Have to Have a Blu-ray Drive anyway on your computer to read if not read and Write DVDs& or Blu-ray Disc and the Drivesare more expensive than a Straight up 16-22X DVD burner, Then your gonna have to buy DVD-9 Blanks ( Verbatims Prolly ) about $ 2.00 ea. If you sniff around you might be able to buy some Blu-ray Blanks For close to that ? and then you won't have to deal with the compression and all the magical stuff we deal with when we back up regular dvds ? - I'm not picking on anyone I just get the feeling I'm missing something in this cobversation ? Anyways Buddy Happy Burning !!!!!!!!!!
At this point it's NOT really about price. well for me it is but from all that I've read and "heard" it seems the BR disc backups aren't lasting very long.. Like 6 months or so... all brands and such. It's pitiful really since they cost some dang much!! :p

I think the DVD-5 backups are great but guessing the DVD-9 backups would be better. Just speculation really. :)

_
10. April 2010 @ 18:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[b] greensman- Okay Buddy That Makes sense to me then for that reason! You think maybe it's a rehash of The Old VHS- Versus Beta Trip All over again ? You know like Beta was the first technologically out of those too Home video recorders and it was Technically Better{ if only From a Tweek Point of view }? But VHS Eventually overtook it Because Of Better Marketing and longer Playing & record Times ? Maybe it's not exactly The same argument Because I understand that there is a Resolution Quality Factor going on here ! Sounds to me Though From what you & others have said that it's More a case of A Good Established Technology ( You could say Mature at this point } Versus a Better Technically Speaking younger Technology { read Immature here } Keep The Faith Buddy - Things always get Better, faster & cheaper over time !!!!! Hell I remember Paying $ 1300.00 for a CompaQ Desktop that had a 6 gb hard drive{ not 60GB ] and was slow as S*** !!!! Now I can by DVD-9's That are like $1.50-$2.00 ish ! and are bigger than my original win 95 machines hard drive !!!! - I even remember At 1 time CDR Blanks were Buck a piece {ea.)Now you can buy Dvd Blanks on sale for . .18-30 cents or so that have 7 X the storage capacity of a CDR so Go figure ? anyways my friend I get it now ! But Being a Cheap -Adze sQuatch and sort o fa techno-stick in the Swamp Mud !!! I think I'm Gonna Stay with DVD-R & DVD+R's For awhile yet ! Well atleast till the Ones I've Stored away fer' winter like a good little Ant are used up { might Take awhile ?} LOL !!!But I wish everybody the Best outcome with whatever Gear they've got !!! Good Luck & Enjoy Getting The Elephant In & out of The VW Bug !!!! PS#1 Tell The Elephant to check for clowns in the car first !!! Last Time we could Find BoBO for a whole week Good thing he had his Horn {BEEP BEEP !!!!!} later Buddy !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. April 2010 @ 15:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm seeing some pretty good deals on ebay, for 2.4X(4-6X max) DVD+R DL verbs. Averaging 1.50 - 1.75 a disc. Even the printables are a very fair price. Some of them are free shipping too :D I think I'm buying some more today ;)

I'm even seeing some printables for as little as 1.30$ Oh, 1.45 counting shipping LOL!

Oh man! Didn't realize newegg had them soo cheap :)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130008

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. April 2010 @ 15:15

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork