User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 13:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. March 2010 @ 19:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Russ i had alot of bad scans using the Taiyo Yuden value-line lately myself also and a few that didn't playback and then i had the weird problem of reading back a DVD to the HDD using imgburn and getting read errors which caused the ODD to burn a spot on the DVD and ruin it, I never have figured out if its bad media or the ODD is going bad. I started using dvd decrypter instead and haven't had a problem lately,time will tell

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
25. March 2010 @ 19:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't really have a preference between + or - R DVD media as they both work equally well for me. To be honest though I usually buy - R since it's often on sale more often than +R is. However sometimes both + & - are & at the same price so I choose one then burn it. Yes I do prefer the inkjet printable media which is a bit more expansive but to me it's worth it. However my standalone DVD recorder gets fed Hotan from Microcenter which is a silver matte CMC house brand disc that needs a sharpie as ink won't stay on them from the Epson RX680 printer. It's the computer burner which gets the inkjet printable discs.

The cheapest discs I can find right now is the 16x Hotan brand in my local Microcenter store & they are $15.99 per 100 pack. CMC mid code & they need a sharpie.

I'm flush with media though with four 16x Phillips 50 packs plus a 600 pack of 8x TY's for the computer & all of that is inkjet printable for the computer in addition to a pair of Hotan 100 packs that will get used in the standalone DVD recorder thats hooked up to the cable DVR.

Really the only bad media I've ever run across was the 8x Ritek that went unreadable within 6 months of being burned. An occaisianal Windata disc that either won't finalize or stops with a burn error. One or two Hotan discs stopped burning with an error while recording (out of a few hundred I've burned) plus some generic 8 & 16x media I tried from Meritline where 25% were bad either during recording or finalization plus some TDK which also had burning problems at one time & now thankfully works well.

Other than that everything else I've tried works great!!
_
25. March 2010 @ 19:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Russ looks like yourself and omeg were the few that were unlucky, I never ran into any problems with verb's or ty's ever, not saying I never will, like I said before my only bad experiance was with those damm sony's, and the kicker is of the 100 of them every one was a dud, and that hardly ever happens.
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. March 2010 @ 20:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Send um my way... LOL!
Oman7,
Yuden is replacing them. No offense, but I wouldn't waste the shipping cost. They don't burn well on any computer I've tried so far! The 16x +R Verbs and the 16x +R Ridata's work fine, and I'm pretty sure you don't have a "Magic" computer! LOL!!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
26. March 2010 @ 00:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was totally playing russ LOL! Though it is unusual to hear of a bad TY batch. VERY unusual...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. March 2010 @ 01:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
Russ looks like yourself and omeg were the few that were unlucky, I never ran into any problems with verb's or ty's ever, not saying I never will, like I said before my only bad experiance was with those damm sony's, and the kicker is of the 100 of them every one was a dud, and that hardly ever happens.
Fred,
I used the Sony/Yuden 8x +Rs for a long time. I can't remember ever having a coaster I didn't create by ignoring a warning message. All the rest were extremely good quality. There were all G02s and G03s. I used over 500 of them, and on much lesser equipment than I have now. Every one I still own plays perfectly!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
26. March 2010 @ 01:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
Russ i had alot of bad scans using the Taiyo Yuden value-line lately myself also and a few that didn't playback and then i had the weird problem of reading back a DVD to the HDD using imgburn and getting read errors which caused the ODD to burn a spot on the DVD and ruin it, I never have figured out if its bad media or the ODD is going bad. I started using dvd decrypter instead and haven't had a problem lately,time will tell
ZoSoIV,
I would be taking a good hard look at the Sata data cable first. Mine started trying to format the DVDs, like they were re-writables. You couldn't see anything physically wrong, and the DVD would show as a blank in Windows, but all the burning programs I have, rejected them!

Best Regards,
Russ

_
26. March 2010 @ 02:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
Originally posted by FredBun:
Fred,
I used the Sony/Yuden 8x +Rs for a long time. I can't remember ever having a coaster I didn't create by ignoring a warning message. All the rest were extremely good quality. There were all G02s and G03s. I used over 500 of them, and on much lesser equipment than I have now. Every one I still own plays perfectly!

Russ
Russ I don't doubt that, but let it be known that no matter what product, no matter how good the rep, you can come across into the catagory having purchased a total loser as I came across with those sony's, just like omeg has with some verb's and you have with some ty's, but I'll bet hardly anybody here ever came across with all 100 dud's, thats the main point I'm trying to make, and sure occasioanlly we can come up with a loser once in a while like I said no matter what name brand, but all 100, thats a first.
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
26. March 2010 @ 06:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Never a problem with -R Tys or Ritek on all my computers they play..On all 10 of my DVD Players they play..On all my friends DVD Players they play
Only problems I had were with Verbs, would not play on some stand alones..So for that reason I stay clear
No matter what anyone says, I'll stick with what works for me...If it ain't broke don't attempt to fix it
_
27. March 2010 @ 09:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[b]ric

Sounds like sound logic To me buddy- I've usee Sony's that were Sony Coded , Sony's that were Mij That coded Taiyo Yuden and Mij that coded Sony as well and Regular sony MIT's with good Effect ,I've used Ritek in various guises = Officedepot ,Maxell ect...I've also Burned My share of Taiyo yudens that were the Thermal Printable 8x Shiny's and some that were the old MIJ fuji's Ect... And I can agree that I've never Had a Bad Burn with taiyo Yuden media Assuming my settings were correct and I was'nt the problem ? I've used Verbatims Out the wazzoo as well with about equal Results to the Taiyo yudens !!! Again not having any quality or Burn issue problema as long as I'm doing the Right thing ! I pretty much have standardized on Tauyo's Verbatims & sony's for my Backups with Ritek's and Maybe Tdk's 16x DVD-R's For Giveaways { family , Grandkids ect.... } The Thing is Be it Media Cars , Computers , Jet planes whatever You can get an occasional Clinker in any product ! But The thing that separates the Wheat from the chaff so to speak is consistency - Taiyo Yuden is Consistantly Excellent which is why they have that Great reputation !!!! That' s the thing !!!! Some Big Branded Media brands Who Rely On an Outside Oem Company to Make their Disc switch Oem suppliers almost every other batch or so it often seems So your never quite sure what your Gonna get ? To Quote Forest Gumps Momma "" Quality media is it's onwn best inurance IMHO anyways ! - Ironically The only Deffective Branded Disc I ever actually Got personally was a MIJ Fuji { Read Taiyo Yuden Here } The deffect wan Inclusion { a Piece of Crud That was Molded/Embedded into the Disc } Did I hold That against Taiyo Yuden ? No I Deffective Disc out of Several Hundreds ? That I'm Sure Fuji would have replaced ! but Probably not witha Taiyo made disc ? I suppose I'm saying With The Price oF dvd Media running from about .20 cents and up depending on Brand and Such one can occasionaly afford a bad disc or to Burn a Mistake { human Errors ect...] - But Like I said I can't argue with your logic use what works for you ? Which is good advice in any event !!! Good luck and Burn Kado ,Burn LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
28. March 2010 @ 04:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sales 03/28/2010

I'm No JASPER 44 { there Can Be only one !!! But here is what I found ?

TDK 16x DVD-R Media
TDK DVD-R Media 16x 4.7GB 100 pack Spindle
Buy new: $51.89 $18.99
4 new from $18.99
This product qualifies for Free Shipping. Click for details.FREE SHIPPING @ BUY.COM

Verbatim 16x DVD-R Media
Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB 16X 100pk Spindle - 95102
Buy new: $20.99
14 new from $20.99
This product qualifies for Free Shipping. Click for details.FREE SHIPPING
@ BUY.COM

OfficeDepot - TDK-16x DVD+R/DVD-R 100ct. Spindles $19.99

BestBuy - Has The Verbatims For $12.99 Per 50ct. Cakebox

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. March 2010 @ 04:47

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. March 2010 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks BT69!! Good hunting and good deals. :)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
dr_ml422
_
29. March 2010 @ 00:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Some players finicky w/+R media or just won't/can't play them Standalones that is. I had to reburn and bitset some DVD+R Verbs for a friend cause I burned them as is.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. March 2010 @ 00:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Some players finicky w/+R media or just won't/can't play them Standalones that is. I had to reburn and bitset some DVD+R Verbs for a friend cause I burned them as is.
dr_ml.... me parents player was that way... they finally bought a new one and it's a great player... I think it would play a slice of bologna if you wanted it too.. hehehe. :p

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
rick5446
_
29. March 2010 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well the DVD- Verbs are even worse then the DVD+s
Could not get them to play on 4 out of 5 Standalone Players
This was back about 4 yrs, things might have changed since then. But I'm not willing to take the chance
dr_ml422
_
29. March 2010 @ 00:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rick5446:
Well the DVD- Verbs are even worse then the DVD+s
Could not get them to play on 4 out of 5 Standalone Players
This was back about 4 yrs, things might have changed since then. But I'm not willing to take the chance
Wow. I'm that way myself. Gets frustrating. I stood w/IE and some other stuff because the so-called alternatives were just messing w/my builds. Everything good now.

I got lucky w/a Magnavox Standalone that will also play Bologna... Lol... Even Pal. It's about 10 yrs. old too.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
29. March 2010 @ 01:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've brought my backups over to my sisters a few times. It doesn't like a lot of the branded stuff(Verbatim +R's are good though). It's some old panasonic player. I think they've had it longer than 5 yrs. It's never hiccuped once about the Taiyo Yuden discs. -R, +R, doesn't matter. It likes the TY discs :D I think my moms magnavox player is spoiled to them too. It hiccups more with industry dvds, then my burnable media. Which could be due to being single layer I suppose ;)

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
rick5446
_
30. March 2010 @ 04:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't think single layer has anything 2 do with it
bratcher
_
30. March 2010 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know what the mid code on these TDK's would be. $24.99 & free shipping for 150 discs. Not inkjet printable though so you'll need a sharpie for them.

TDK DVD+R 16X 4.7GB 150 Discs (3 - 50pk Spindles) - 48519-KIT - 3 for 1

http://www.buy.com/prod/tdk-dvd-r-16x-4-.../213348832.html
TreePro
_
30. March 2010 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
I don't know what the mid code on these TDK's would be. $24.99 & free shipping for 150 discs. Not inkjet printable though so you'll need a sharpie for them.

TDK DVD+R 16X 4.7GB 150 Discs (3 - 50pk Spindles) - 48519-KIT - 3 for 1

http://www.buy.com/prod/tdk-dvd-r-16x-4-.../213348832.html

What's Media Code ?

NUMBER ONE
A: CMC MAG.M01

If you require further assistance on product specifications or on placing an order for any item on our website, you may contact our Sales hotline through 1800-800-0800.

Copied from page you linked to, in Question and Answer section.
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. March 2010 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TreePro got there before I could. :) Decent enough media for the price... and great for kiddies or give-a-ways. ;)

_
3. April 2010 @ 09:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
TreePro got there before I could. :) Decent enough media for the price... and great for kiddies or give-a-ways. ;)
greensman - Is Right On the Code Just got my three Tubs 150discs the other day opend one tub to check codes with Identifier { M01'a alright } The topmoat Disc in that tub was Scratched near spindle hole & could'nt be read so gonna send it Back to Tdk for Regrooving LOL!!!! Have'nt actually burned one yet but getting ready too do so !!! I like the Tdk-DVDR 16x'ers pretty good so hopefully these will be nearly as good too for The purposes that Br'er Greensman outlines ? Thanks Gang and Happy Easter Y'all!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
4. April 2010 @ 22:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
T o - All Friends out there old , New & ones undiscovered , Happy Easter & Whatever other Observances and Traditions of the season You may Follow & Peace To all !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
4. April 2010 @ 23:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As well to you also BIG and everyone.

I just saw some 3yr. old flics I had on Sony DVD-R 16x and crisp as the day they were burned. That's good because I will also use them for myself along w/the Verbies.

Micro still hasn't opened in Yonkers. Can't wait!

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
5. April 2010 @ 14:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah !!!

Sony's have always seemed to be pretty good Disc IMHO anyways whether MIT or The BeloVed and somewhat Mythical { Now anyways } MIj's The only downside to the sony disc is The Obscure Malaysia Made disc Which Though I've never used yet ! I have gotten the general impression from the Forum community that They is not so good ? I did email Sony/Malaysia once and About who actually Makes Their Malaysian Made disc and was Politely or Impolitely Told To Mind my own bussiness !!!!!!!!!! But hey MiT Sony , Mij If you can find any these days Work just Fine so why worry Right ???????? Ciao !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork