User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 15:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
25. April 2010 @ 05:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
Originally posted by rick5446:
I'm really liking my Samsung 2Terabyte Drives..I kid U not they R cool to the touch, not warm,but cool..Gonna order another when they go on sale again. Can't beat the amount of AVIs they hold at 2 gig ea.A Thousand. Wonder how many HDDs I can get on a wall 2 ft long, Ha ha haaaaa. For the price they beat Discs for Storage
If I added right about $0.065 cents per gig with the cost being 130.00 for 2 terabyte HDD AT NEWEGG
Somebody check my figures

rick5446
HDD's are Great For Bulk Data Storage- No matter if Your data is Data, Photo.s Video's Ect... Just as long as You Keep In mind A few things - Externals -USB,E-sata, Whatever Tend to wear out a little faster Than Internals Possibly from Being Jostled around More than Internal HDD's are ? But Even Internal SATA or ATA/paralell HDD's Die Some sooner or later than others / So With That in Mind Keep Your originals safe Just as you'd do if you were backing them up to DVD media - A good Idea you have Though !!Personally I like the Tactile Feedback of Having The Disc where I can Just eject it If there's a Problem or if I decide I reallly don't wanna see that Movie right then ? But That's just my Opinion . I would think In the Future hopefully not to Far away We'll have Terabyte SSD's { Solid State Drives } and then you'll Really be Cooking - Right Now though SSD's are Uber-Expensive and Not very large Gigabyte-wise !!! so it's still More of a dream for Now !!! still Something to think about !!! good Luck with your Drives Optical, HDD, SSD or whatever Equipments Ghugging along For you !!!later!!!

04/25/2010- Bestbuy - has sony's DVD+R or DVD-R -50ct. spindles for $12.99 ea. For those who like sonY's

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
25. April 2010 @ 14:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
I'm really liking my Samsung 2Terabyte Drives..I kid U not they R cool to the touch, not warm,but cool..Gonna order another when they go on sale again. Can't beat the amount of AVIs they hold at 2 gig ea.A Thousand. Wonder how many HDDs I can get on a wall 2 ft long, Ha ha haaaaa. For the price they beat Discs for Storage
If I added right about $0.065 cents per gig with the cost being 130.00 for 2 terabyte HDD AT NEWEGG
Somebody check my figures
I trust you have backed up all your work, somewhere else?????HDDs do crash. 1000 movies would be a huge loss!
I've found that Western Digital hard drives are reliable enough for long term storage. But then I don't burn much to DVDR's like I used to in the past.HDD's take up a lot less space than the same amount of DVD's burned would.
_
26. April 2010 @ 23:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well Then BRatcher

If it works For You & your Happy with It That's all That matters In the LOng Run Right ?

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. April 2010 @ 23:11

rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. April 2010 @ 02:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'M beginning to swing back to Samsung on the 2 terabyte HDD. Side by side to my WD,they run absolutely cool, where as my WD run warm..Now when I say cool I mean cool..Like a frying pan B4 U put it on the Stove
As far as storage goes, it's cheaper then Discs, and better organized.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
27. April 2010 @ 02:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Even this one coming in at under .07cents a gigabyte, that comes to ~28cents for a 4Gb disc. I think we all know that we can get discs cheaper than that ;) And that's samsungs cheapest value option right now. At 28cents though, I should definitely consider. I spend roughly that on average for my verbatims. I'm pretty sure that verbatim discs will outlive any one of my HDD's though. I take damn good care of my discs. ALL of my backups are in disc envelopes. Much like netflix does I suppose. I got sick of the pockets in books scratching my discs...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
bratcher
_
27. April 2010 @ 07:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well Then BRatcher

If it works For You & your Happy with It That's all That matters In the LOng Run Right ?
Yes, thats right.
rick5446
_
27. April 2010 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7 : Like I stated earlier I convert all DVDs to Two Gig AVI 4 storage. Which I find quite crisp
About the only thing I put on Disc is MKVs to Blu-ray for storage which run up to 8 gig
Standard D/Loads being 700mb to 1.4 gig
I don't use DivX Players anymore, I bought a WD Live Media Player. I watch Movies right off the HDDs.
The convenience for a couch potato like myself is AWESOME
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. April 2010 @ 15:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7 : Like I stated earlier I convert all DVDs to Two Gig AVI 4 storage. Which I find quite crisp
About the only thing I put on Disc is MKVs to Blu-ray for storage which run up to 8 gig
Standard D/Loads being 700mb to 1.4 gig
I don't use DivX Players anymore, I bought a WD Live Media Player. I watch Movies right off the HDDs.
The convenience for a couch potato like myself is AWESOME

DATS what I'm talking about!!! Been looking at getting one of those too. :D If my thick skulled arse can ever figure out how to play them thru my XBOX360 I won't have to buy a 'player'. :p

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
rick5446
_
27. April 2010 @ 15:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I turn it off when not in use
The most hrs it has is 8 hrs to format, 8 hrs to transfer Data
About 45 mins for 2 gig movies
I think about 20 700mb & 1.4 gig Movies roughly 3 mins ea
Then it's disabled and turned off
Not sayin that's gonna help, I've had HDDs working and when rebooted didn't work. Only time will tell
I keep 2 500 gg HDDs loaded with the movies I want to Watch, when finished pick out the creme 2 save and dump the rest.
I've got to get one more for TV Series though. Which ever goes on sale 1st Samsung or WD Black.. Might just buy 2. I really like the BLAC X Docking Stations by Thermaltake for changing drives
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. April 2010 @ 18:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I turn it off when not in use
The most hrs it has is 8 hrs to format, 8 hrs to transfer Data
About 45 mins for 2 gig movies
I think about 20 700mb & 1.4 gig Movies roughly 3 mins ea
Then it's disabled and turned off
Not sayin that's gonna help, I've had HDDs working and when rebooted didn't work. Only time will tell
I keep 2 500 gg HDDs loaded with the movies I want to Watch, when finished pick out the creme 2 save and dump the rest.
I've got to get one more for TV Series though. Which ever goes on sale 1st Samsung or WD Black.. Might just buy 2. I really like the BLAC X Docking Stations by Thermaltake for changing drives
Rick,
If you got the New Arrival add from newegg yesterday, and have the promo code, this drive can be had for $87.99 with free shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-22152175-L0D

Looks like a pretty good storage drive!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
27. April 2010 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good deal guys 19.50 for Taiyo Yuden DVD dash R blank media, 100 pack

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...gn=orderShipped

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
dr_ml422
_
28. April 2010 @ 06:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's another good snatch: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as..._-17507005-LP3A w/promo code. Idk about the tax in certain areas.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
rick5446
_
28. April 2010 @ 06:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's only a 1.5 RUSS
500gig make a big difference 2 me
rick5446
_
28. April 2010 @ 06:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's only a 1.5 RUSS
rick5446
_
That's only a 1.5 RUSS
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. April 2010 @ 06:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Did anybody know that the state you live in expects you to keep track of your on-line purchases and to pay taxes on them at the end of the year . . .

Yeah right . . keep dreaming you greedy tax collectors . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. April 2010 @ 08:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Did anybody know that the state you live in expects you to keep track of your on-line purchases and to pay taxes on them at the end of the year . . .

Yeah right . . keep dreaming you greedy tax collectors . . .
If that's the case WHY purchase online to save those expenses?? ROFL

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
Lurth
Inactive
_
28. April 2010 @ 10:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TigerDirect has a Seagate 1.5TB for 69.99 after rebate. Checked shipping for my zip (midwest) and it was 6.99. They also have Verb 16X -Rs for 9.99/100 in case anyone's interested.
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. April 2010 @ 17:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you mean you guys don't pay your online taxes every year? I can't wait to also pay the new VAT I've been dreaming about. Pretty soon I'll just stay home and collect my entitlements because there won't be any reason to work. LOL

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. April 2010 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
and speaking of entitlements they will be gone soon. I've payed into them going on 40 years and most likely will not see a dime of that!

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. April 2010 @ 20:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lurth:
TigerDirect has a Seagate 1.5TB for 69.99 after rebate. Checked shipping for my zip (midwest) and it was 6.99. They also have Verb 16X -Rs for 9.99/100 in case anyone's interested.
Lurth,
Do you have a link for those Verbs. I can't find anything less than $19.99 at Tiger Direct.

Thanks,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. April 2010 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
Lurth,
Do you have a link for those Verbs. I can't find anything less than $19.99 at Tiger Direct.

Thanks,
Russ
I"m pretty sure it's a 50 pack Russ. ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. April 2010 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
Lurth,

Thanks,
Russ
I"m pretty sure it's a 50 pack Russ. ;)

linky

TreePro
_
30. April 2010 @ 15:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim dual layer 2.4X at Sam's club is $39.88 for 50 in cake box, that is a $20 drop in price at my local club! I may burn all dual layers at that price. Verbatim printable is still $24.78 for 16X +/- for 100 in cake box.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. April 2010 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TreePro:
Verbatim dual layer 2.4X at Sam's club is $39.88 for 50 in cake box, that is a $20 drop in price at my local club! I may burn all dual layers at that price. Verbatim printable is still $24.78 for 16X +/- for 100 in cake box.
great price I just paid the 59.96 there two mon ago. Hope they are cheap at my Sams. Were they MIS

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork