User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 11:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. March 2010 @ 16:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had excellent results with the Verbs . . . and, believe it or not, acceptable results with the Memosux . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
21. March 2010 @ 17:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Micro Center has 15 packs of Verbatim DVD+R DL for $19.99

Philips and Memosux are 25 DVD+R DL for $18.99

and Ritek inkjet printable DVD+R DL are 25 for $27.99
The Phillips & Memorex DL's are both made by Ritek.
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Memorex +R DL that I currently have stashed away, code out as RICOHJPND00 (I just checked)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. March 2010 @ 11:35

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 13:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Memorex +R DL that I currently have stashed away, code out as RICOHJPND00 (I just checked)
my sympathies catfreak!
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
22. March 2010 @ 14:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL! My Falcon Media is Ricoh as well. I've only burned one of those. Seemed to burn ok. Never played it though...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
bratcher
_
22. March 2010 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm pretty sure that Ritek makes that.
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 16:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I really didn't care who made them. I purchased them for giving away . . I only paid $17.50 for 50 of 'em on Black Friday

For .35˘ each I couldn't resist . . . and out of the 20 or so that I've burned, zero coasters

Right now I'm experimenting with some of the JVC DVD-R DL

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 17:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I really didn't care who made them. I purchased them for giving away . . I only paid $17.50 for 50 of 'em on Black Friday

For .35˘ each I couldn't resist . . . and out of the 20 or so that I've burned, zero coasters

Right now I'm experimenting with some of the JVC DVD-R DL
I must admit I would have bitten also. I had a five pack of those years ago and they made expensive coasters-60%. Hopefully they've changed for the better. I just got 50 verbDLs for $60. Not as good a deal.

Are those JVCs, TYs?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. March 2010 @ 17:49

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 18:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:

Are those JVCs, TYs?
The ID code won't read for some reason . . . but they are MIJ discs so I'mm assuming that they're TY . . .

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 22:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:

Are those JVCs, TYs?
The ID code won't read for some reason . . . but they are MIJ discs so I'mm assuming that they're TY . . .
I got some of the JVC +R SL that code out as TY MIJ also. We've been wondering when and if TY would do a DL disc. The ones you got are -R DL? and not +R DLs?

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 22:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
JVC DVD-R DL

http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com/jvc-dl-dvd-r...vdr85hgs10.html

I bought 2 20 packs from cdrdvdrmedia not to long ago and the total came to $49.98, to my front porch . . SMS has 'em 20/$27.99 (free shipping) right now . . .

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. March 2010 @ 22:51

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
23. March 2010 @ 01:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How do they burn catfreak? That's a pretty decent price if they burn ok. I suppose optiarc's and lite-on's will handle just about anything though :D

_
24. March 2010 @ 13:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
JVC DVD-R DL

http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com/jvc-dl-dvd-r...vdr85hgs10.html

I bought 2 20 packs from cdrdvdrmedia not to long ago and the total came to $49.98, to my front porch . . SMS has 'em 20/$27.99 (free shipping) right now . . .
They're now $29.99 at that link. Guess the price was too good.

_
25. March 2010 @ 09:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatims sale @ buy,com

Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB 16X 100pk Spindle - 95102

Buy new: $19.99
12 new & used from $19.99 also

Verbatim LightScribe 16x DVD-R Media - 96166 50Ct. Tub This product qualifies for Free Shipping. Click for details.FREE SHIPPING or get
This product qualifies for 2nd Day Express Shipping. Click for details. 2nd Day Express Shipping for $5.49!
*Some restrictions apply. Click here for details.
List Price: See Details $48.00
You Save: (39%) $18.78
Our Price: $29.22
Shipping: FREE

Reliable performance & compatibility with every burn Verbatim DVD-R offer 4.7GB or 120 Minutes of write-once storage capacity, superior ... more info
This product qualifies for Free Shipping. Click for details.FREE SHIPPING- Not a bad deal about what I've paid recently for my tdk's @ officedepot and what I used to pay for Officedepots Media too !!! May order some myself ? Can't beat the shipping charge either {FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. March 2010 @ 10:05

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. March 2010 @ 10:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FREE is FREE baby!!!! GOtta love it when those internet shops add that FREE to something. :)

Thanks for the headsup BT69 but I"m media rich right now. LOL. Me bride would kick me in the head if I added any more. ROFL. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
25. March 2010 @ 10:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
FREE is FREE baby!!!! GOtta love it when those internet shops add that FREE to something. :)

Thanks for the headsup BT69 but I"m media rich right now. LOL. Me bride would kick me in the head if I added any more. ROFL. ;)
greensman YEAH !!! I hear ya's my erstwhile Mow-Master !!!! The She-sQuatch would do the same thing but she's small fer a sQuatch and them delicate tree Trunk legs won't reach that high lest she catches me asleep of course ? Kind media affluent myself fer' now but still a deal none the less !!!Good luck and beware of Falling trees LOL!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. March 2010 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well at least Big and Greenie aren't sounding like ladies. Just because it's on sale you probably don't need or have to have it. I like you, am media flush. Any way the online sales are usually -R and I always use +R varieties.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
25. March 2010 @ 15:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I prefer the +R's too. Not so much because they burn better, but because of the booktype capabilities. Plus Yuden T02's are the shiznit LOL! The verbs as of late, make me somewhat nervous, but I've likely just got a bad batch is all. Almost done with them :)

Although even TY-R's are very good discs. I would trust them every bit as much as the +R's. TY is nothing short of amazing :D I've heard nasty stories of the Verbatim -R's, so I steer clear of them ;) Though most of the stories, are probably people that don't know what they're talking about ;)

_
25. March 2010 @ 17:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Omeg, I also prefer pluses, and don't get yourself feeling bad about those verb's, beleive me you must have got a bad batch which of course can happen with the best of them, I have been using verb's for years both taiwans and India's, never a problem, I have turned on my nieghbors to those as well as many like to go get them from the stores and we always get many on sale with OfficeMax and almost always with Sams, none of them ever ran into problems also, and that's not counting all the satisfied people that post thier pleasure with them on the net.

I remember vowing never to buy Sony disc's ever again as I have bought a batch from BestBuy, I bought 2 50 packs from them and not a one worked, both batches produced coasters and I mean every one, I tried burning on 3 other pc's, none worked, and the one's that did burn never played on any of the 3 players, but yet I have heard nothing but praise for Sony disc's especially on the AD threads, so go figure, I guess things like that happen to the best of us every once in a while.

I never bought Sony disc's again but than again I never had to cause it's when I learned from the AD disc threads about Ty's and verb's and never looked back.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
25. March 2010 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Huh. I used at least 50 sony discs, backing up the Star Trek Voyager Season discs. As well as TDK's. I would use either in a pinch. Perhaps you simply had a bad batch. Mine burned and scanned within reason ;) I believe I was using a Sony Dru840 to burn them at the time. Was a pretty decent reader, and an ok burner :) I ended up giving it to my brother.

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. March 2010 @ 18:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Fred and Omega

Some of those early TDK discs were TY T02s the best ever. And Who could forget the Sony X8 with the white octagonal spacer which were also TY T02s. I still have 90 left of the Sonys and some of their X16 which are not TYs. But now I have some JVC which are TY T03s. All +Rs.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
25. March 2010 @ 18:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Eh, my sony's were D16's or something to that effect LOL! The TDK's I don't remember what those were. I'll check tonight...

_
25. March 2010 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats exatly my meaning, of course I probably ran into a bad batch od Sony's, but just goes to show you that as many praises I always heard about sony disc's you can always get a bad batch, as your verb batch which I'm using as an example.
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. March 2010 @ 18:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
I prefer the +R's too. Not so much because they burn better, but because of the booktype capabilities. Plus Yuden T02's are the shiznit LOL! The verbs as of late, make me somewhat nervous, but I've likely just got a bad batch is all. Almost done with them :)

Although even TY-R's are very good discs. I would trust them every bit as much as the +R's. TY is nothing short of amazing :D I've heard nasty stories of the Verbatim -R's, so I steer clear of them ;) Though most of the stories, are probably people that don't know what they're talking about ;)
Oman7,
I'm one of the ones who complained about the -R Verbs. 80% were coasters! Since I manage pretty good scans most of the time with other media, I would say that I have a valid complaint about the -R Verbs, as well as the -R TYs I bought! I'm going to ask TY to replace them! The 8x -R TYs don't do any better on other computers either. I've burned about 6 of them on Oxi-II and other machines, and the scans have been poor. Some play without a hitch and some freeze. Some will address when you put them in the Stand Alone Player, and some don't find the DVD at all!

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
25. March 2010 @ 18:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Send um my way... LOL!

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork