User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 11:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
19. March 2010 @ 00:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I realize that megui is probably the most used converter for BD rips. And believe me, the time will come(probably soon)where I begin using it. I simply wanted to start with an entry level encoder. I hope you guys don't think I'm blowing off your recommendations. TOTALLY not LOL! Everything I've said has been 100% true. I just want to ease into the new technology :D

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
Advertisement
_
__
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
19. March 2010 @ 01:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7: Of course we think that..HA HAaaaa
But I recommend U try SUPER IF AT ANY TIME YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO RESIZE
The way your doing it now is PERFECT. That is if your actually ripping a Blu-ray Disc, and ending up with a Blu-ray folder that fits a 4.3 Disc. You will be suprised at the Quality of a 4.3, can't tell the difference in it to an 8gig doublelayer
Don't believe me just ask Russ
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
19. March 2010 @ 01:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Russ and I have chatted about it. Now I believe it. I ran a sample file 8 times last night. An 8,000Kb/s file, a 7,000Kb/s file, a 6,000Kb/s file, all the way down to 1,000Kb/s. I expected the quality to go south before 3,000Kb/s. To my surprise, 1,000Kb/s was ALMOST agreeable. I noticed too many imperfections. What I'm gonna do now, is do ANOTHER sample file. This time with FIRE! As I'm sure some or most of you are aware, Fire is not always very forgiving about being compressed. I will find the bitrate that it loves, and then I will be happy :D I am planning for the future though. I want a projector one day. And the larger the picture, the more imperfections are gonna show. That's why I have chosen the Dual layer Dvds. But now I've seen the capability of the X264 codec. It's highly intelligent!

rick5446
_
19. March 2010 @ 07:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7: Don't forget to check the Hrs & replacement cost for Bulbs too. I almost bought one around 1,000.00 for a Projector and a nice screen that rolled up. Memory serves me the screen was close to 400.00, it would give me about 7' picture, but alas the new bulbs were close to 400.00 with a life span of 1,000 or maybe it was 1,500 hrs which for me that's not very long about 2 mons. You might be better off buying a large TV [DLP], But check the price of the Bulbs. My Sony 60' the new bulb is around 2 or 250.00 forget what I payed for a couple yrs ago. But had a power outage [quick off & on] it blew my bulb, they have to cool down once they go off ,unfortunately for me it just flashed off & on and WHAM IT WAS DEAD
My 47' is an Olevia LCD I can't complain about the Picture. When I finish my back room I'm getting a 65' Plasma something along the line of these

http://www.nextag.com/65-plasma/products...945F3E81BB240D4

Probably this one
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma TV
But I'll probably buy it locally, not over the net but with an extended warranty. As my TV is on 24-7 the reason for the extended
Plasmas have come a long way since the beginning. No more noisy fans,no more burn in, Longer life expectancy, etc etc
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. March 2010 @ 08:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Using a battery backup will eliminate the costly blowing of the bulbs . . .

. . . and, whenever possible purchase Vizio . . Made In The Good Old USofA !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
_
19. March 2010 @ 09:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Using a battery backup will eliminate the costly blowing of the bulbs . . .

. . . and, whenever possible purchase Vizio . . Made In The Good Old USofA !
Yes

And on the DLP -Bulb Issue ? If you get the extended warranty/ Service plan Be sure to See exactly whats covered ? My Daughter & son -in-Law have a Toshiba DLP { Not sure of Model #'s } and the service plan covers Replacement of Projector-Bulb Which for this particular set runs about $300.00 but they don't send a service tech to replace it they just ship you the bulb !!! Thankfully My Daughters Pretty Technically adept and The Bulb installation on this unit isn't too difficult still It pays to know your warranty !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
rick5446
_
19. March 2010 @ 12:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BUY AMERICAN [IS BULLSHIT ]
BUY THE MOST RELIABLE
A lot of things are just put together hear
Open-em up look at the parts
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
19. March 2010 @ 12:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the warning. Actually, i've been toying with the notion of going projector for a while now. Not for my internet searching needs LOL! Just enjoying GOOD movies ;) I'm aware of the pathetic bulb life. I can't believe lasers haven't advanced enough to be massively deployed in the projector technology. I've seen them talked about somewhere before.
I'll have a large LCD display as well of course. I got my brother all setup using a 40" LCD, and an HTPC. Streams netflix, youtube, BD movies. It looks excellent. :D

rick5446
_
19. March 2010 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
40' I consider that standard in 2days market
My 60'5.1 Surround is perfect at 8 feet, just like being in a Theater
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
19. March 2010 @ 13:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rick5446:
40' I consider that standard in 2days market
My 60'5.1 Surround is perfect at 8 feet, just like being in a Theater
You have a point. But what about packing a Projector out into a 2 acre field on a nice summer night? Invite some people over, some popcorn :D

Quite the space saver as well. Hang it on the ceiling. And if you have the right paint job, you MIGHT not even need a canvas or screen.

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. March 2010 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BUY THE MOST RELIABLE
It's attitedes like yours that lead to higher unemployment . . .

You can purchase high quality that's made in the USofA, just like you can purchase crap that's made overseas

Vizio is a high quality set

and you can look no further than wat Toyota has done with the Prius . . that's quality for you! ROFLMFAO

ddp
_
19. March 2010 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
either stay on topic or start a new thread in correct forum. understood!!
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
19. March 2010 @ 16:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I apologize DDP. I feel majorly to blame :(

ddp
_
19. March 2010 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
naughty, naughty boy.
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. March 2010 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BUY THE MOST RELIABLE

You can purchase high quality that's made in the USofA, just like you can purchase crap that's made overseas

and you can look no further than wat Toyota has done with the Prius . . that's quality for you! ROFLMFAO
catfreak,
ROFLMFAO, indeed! LOL!! Toyota's are a very poor example to give at the moment. The Prius, was just involved in a massive recall for brake and throttle problems, and I wouldn't touch one of those models that has the sticking throttle problem, that Toyota is lying about! We've had 9 people killed in So California alone, because of the problem Toyota says, "doesn't exist"! There's something fundamentally wrong with a car you can't shut off or take out of gear while you are driving it! Hey, Toyota!! Wise up and put a Kill Switch on the damn things!

And yes, a lot of Japanese cars are manufactured here, but the main effect on the Economy is local employment! The parts are all made overseas and shipped here, so there is very little benefit to the US economy at all! They buy our raw materials, manufacture their own steel from them, make the parts to build the cars and then ship them here for assembly! The profits from all of this mostly stay in Japan. Just ask the guys that used to be employed at the steel mills in Pittsburgh and other places, and see what they think!

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here, as far as "Buy American" goes. A great many sub-standard products are made in the USA. Cheap junk for the masses! Most are made from foreign made parts, and just assembled here. CPUs are shipped from all over the world, but almost none are manufactured here!

Dell is a nice American company. I called them to find out how much it would cost to replace the Keyboard in a fairly new Inspiron laptop. They quoted $250 plus shipping. $140 for the keyboard and $110 for the labor! I bought the exact same keyboard that Dell sells, same part number and manufacturer, but without the Dell logo, on an unseen label for $55, including shipping, and it took me 15 minutes to replace it! I could have bought it from Dell and maybe help the US economy, a tiny bit, but I helped my own economy instead! Much more immediate and satisfying! I did the job for $115, and pocketed $65! ROFLMSOAO!! 2 screws, pop the upper bezel off, above the keyboard and remove the 2 screws securing the keyboard, and replace the keyboard in reverse order! I feel I deserved the money, by virtue of what I saved the customer! LOL!!

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. March 2010 @ 20:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
BUY THE MOST RELIABLE

catfreak,
ROFLMFAO, indeed! LOL!! Toyota's are a very poor example to give at the moment. The Prius, was just involved in a massive recall for brake and throttle problems, and I wouldn't touch one of those models that has the sticking throttle problem, that Toyota is lying about! We've had 9 people killed in So California alone, because of the problem Toyota says, "doesn't exist"! There's something fundamentally wrong with a car you can't shut off or take out of gear while you are driving it! Hey, Toyota!! Wise up and put a Kill Switch on the damn things!

And yes, a lot of Japanese cars are manufactured here, but the main effect on the Economy is local employment! The parts are all made overseas and shipped here, so there is very little benefit to the US economy at all! They buy our raw materials, manufacture their own steel from them, make the parts to build the cars and then ship them here for assembly! The profits from all of this mostly stay in Japan. Just ask the guys that used to be employed at the steel mills in Pittsburgh and other places, and see what they think!

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here, as far as "Buy American" goes. A great many sub-standard products are made in the USA. Cheap junk for the masses! Most are made from foreign made parts, and just assembled here. CPUs are shipped from all over the world, but almost none are manufactured here!

Dell is a nice American company. I called them to find out how much it would cost to replace the Keyboard in a fairly new Inspiron laptop. They quoted $250 plus shipping. $140 for the keyboard and $110 for the labor! I bought the exact same keyboard that Dell sells, same part number and manufacturer, but without the Dell logo, on an unseen label for $55, including shipping, and it took me 15 minutes to replace it! I could have bought it from Dell and maybe help the US economy, a tiny bit, but I helped my own economy instead! Much more immediate and satisfying! I did the job for $115, and pocketed $65! ROFLMSOAO!! 2 screws, pop the upper bezel off, above the keyboard and remove the 2 screws securing the keyboard, and replace the keyboard in reverse order! I feel I deserved the money, by virtue of what I saved the customer! LOL!!

Best Regards,
Russ
Originally posted by ddp:
either stay on topic or start a new thread in correct forum. understood!!

rick5446
_
19. March 2010 @ 20:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catfreak: That's my point, buy the best bang 4 the buck
rick5446
_
19. March 2010 @ 20:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7: PM me got a link 4U
don't 4get a long extension cord,at least 400ft away even if U got a Quiet Generator

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. March 2010 @ 20:38

AfterDawn Addict
_
19. March 2010 @ 21:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ddp,
We sure did get away from discussing Blank Media!

Sorry,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

_
20. March 2010 @ 11:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
YUP yUP !!!!

Not Exactly a Repair perhaps ? maybe more of a stop gap measure and all that considering you were able to properly repair your Laptop yourself !!! But In a Pinch Yoou may have been able to just plug in a USB Keyboard and be back up atleast temporarily ? It would'nt be as toteworthy and lookas cool but Idon'tsee Why it would'nt work I would think one of those Roll up Rubber Keyboards would be best from a portability standpoint anyways ? Like I said it's a moot Point Cause your Unit was fixed for you Bayou { Sorry I live in the swamps so long Me Brain is getting Mossy } But It's a thought anyhow ! Regardless Happy Burning , Shopping and especially watching /viewing !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. March 2010 @ 12:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Staples has 100 packs of Sony dvds for $22.99

. . . and if you go to their on-line ad, there is a coupon for 15% off of anything except computers that is good until 3/23/2010

http://weeklyad.staples.com/staples/defa...y%20ad%20header

_
20. March 2010 @ 16:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Staples has 100 packs of Sony dvds for $22.99

. . . and if you go to their on-line ad, there is a coupon for 15% off of anything except computers that is good until 3/23/2010

http://weeklyad.staples.com/staples/defa...y%20ad%20header
Damn No Staples Or OfficeMax Here - Just Officdepot & BestBuy ! Other than That It's wallyworld we Don't Even have The K any more We Do have sams and sears though!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
21. March 2010 @ 14:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Gonna be looking around town today for new Dual Layer Verbs. I'm experimenting with ripbot even more now. I backed up Terminator 1984 to a DL verb, via AVCHD/BD compliancy. The Samsung BD-P1590 appears to be ok with this format. It played the disc without hitch. In fact, it loaded it super quickly. About 5 seconds. The quality looks exceptionally better than Dvd! I even left it 1080 pixel density. As opposed to the following thread suggesting 720. Which would have been fine for my setup. The Tv we use, is a 50" 720P plasma. To those reading this, it should be known, that downscaling to 720 will decrease encoding times.
Backup Blu-Ray To DVD Dual Layer Compliancy
If I see good buys, I will post here about them :D

AfterDawn Addict
_
21. March 2010 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Micro Center has 15 packs of Verbatim DVD+R DL for $19.99

Philips and Memosux are 25 DVD+R DL for $18.99

and Ritek inkjet printable DVD+R DL are 25 for $27.99

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
21. March 2010 @ 15:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ritek left a bad taste in my mouth. A VERY bad taste LOL!

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork