User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 17:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
15. May 2010 @ 08:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not really a temporary sale, but BJ's Wholesale clubs have the Memorex disks, 50 pack either + or -R variety at $9.99 a spindle. The plus R variety made in Taiwan coded out as Ritek F-16. Not TY disks but still good in a pinch.
Advertisement
_
__
_
15. May 2010 @ 12:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BlivetNC

Thanx Bro. I'm noticing that at one of the two Nearest Sasmclub's { Airline Hwy. Baton Rouge La. } They still have the Verabtims {Printables Fpr $21.87 per Spindle of 100ct} and They also had at this location the 50ct. Verbatim Dl's for $39.87 or so? { regular Price on these puppies are $ 59.99 @ samsclub - They also Had Memorex Prinatbles as well ! I hope they are'nt going to dump the verbatims for Memorex ????

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
15. May 2010 @ 13:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
BlivetNC

Thanx Bro. I'm noticing that at one of the two Nearest Sasmclub's { Airline Hwy. Baton Rouge La. } They still have the Verabtims {Printables Fpr $21.87 per Spindle of 100ct} and They also had at this location the 50ct. Verbatim Dl's for $39.87 or so? { regular Price on these puppies are $ 59.99 @ samsclub - They also Had Memorex Prinatbles as well ! I hope they are'nt going to dump the verbatims for Memorex ????
As far as BJ's and Sam's clubs go, they are great on price, but their merchandise selection is hit or miss. They buy in bulk when the price is low so what is here one week may be history the next. Just the nature of the beast. BJ's at one time was a good source of Sony disks, (MIJ and MIT) But I haven't seen them in a while

bratcher
_
15. May 2010 @ 19:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Check your local Microcenter (if one is near your home) as they have Verbatim 16x + & - R Value series in tape wrap for $7.99 each per 50 pack. It's not inkjet printable so you will need a sharpie to write on them. The Houston store has about 300 of each one left. Also the Microcenter near you may or may not have some Verbatim 8x +R silver shiny (unbranded on the discs) 100 packs for $19.99 each. Houston has 18 of them according to the web site. You would need a sharpie for these also.

If you don't mind CMC the Valuedisc brand (Hotan not Windata) 100 packs of both + & - R are $15.99 each. I've had good results with them on both my computers DVD burner as well as my standalone DVD recorder hooked up to an outside antenna & a DTV converter box. These discs are silver matte with nothing printed on the discs.

The unbranded +R 8x Verbatims burn really good on my burner.
_
16. May 2010 @ 07:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nO b'j'S HERE

Would'nt you just know it ? Can't Find a BJ's Here Just sams !!! I understand about how they buy at the Big Box stores/clubs ect... I also have come to understand as a Veteran of the shopping wars that if your at Samsclub, Bj's Big lot's, or Even Wallyworld If you see a Great /good deal on Media , Electronics or whatever you might want ? Buy it then !!! Many a time I've said I'll get it tomorrow or next week ect... only to be Sadly disapointed in having the Item or Items sell Out and Never to be seen in stock again !!! To be fair Samsclub Does keep many things in supply assuming they sell well at their pricing point and they can get them at the price they want ? They've been carrying Verbatims for a few years ,They used to sell the regular Branded ones ( Get your sharpies out } and the Printables , Then they sold the regulars down and went to printables only ! Now it looks like they Miht be moving to Memorex Printables to add to the Verbatims or most likely replace them ? I rarely buy too much media at Samsclub unless they star closing then out ! Their regular everyday Price is not to bad but You can usually beat it with a Bestbuy sale atleast when they had The regular verbatims ! On the Verb Printables they old price was like $29.99 per spindle of 100 now they marked them down to $21.87 per spindle { Mo' better !!!} I never buy printables other than recently cause i'm not set up to do direct printing { Sharpie & lightscribe only } But being theuwere the same price or as cheap-chaeper than Non -printable verbatims I say why not ? With Big lot's it's even less Likely if it's somethng really Good that it'll last long so the{ Buy it now !!!!!} Mantra goes double here!!!! Wallyworld Is about in the middle I guess But I would still er' on the side of Buy it if you can !!! Always keep the Reciept !!!!! You can alwys return it if it's deffective or If you just changed your mind ? Samsclub , Big lot's and Wallyworld are all Pretty good about returns !!!! While I've had a few Run ins with Wallyworld in My day I've never had a Problem with a return in atleast 13 years!!! Big lot's much the same Good deals on Dvd movies & ocacsionally Electronics { often Refurbs} Media I pulled a spindle or two of Sony Mij from Big lot's once But my local one seems to love Philips Branded Media and They think it's gold so I leave that for Other customers !!! Well You Get the picture don'Cha ??? Good luck Happy Bargain Hunting and Safe Shopping !!! Later Buddy !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
17. May 2010 @ 09:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Verbatim 16x DVD+R Media
Verbatim DVD+R 4.7GB 16X 100pk Spindle - 95098

This product qualifies for Free Shipping. Click for details.FREE SHIPPING or get
This product qualifies for 2nd Day Express Shipping. Click for details. 2nd Day Express Shipping for $5.49!
*Some restrictions apply. Click here for details.
List Price: See Details $48.00
You Save: (58%) $28.11
Our Price: $19.89
Shipping: FREE
Buy.com Total Price: $19.89- @ BUY.COM

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
17. May 2010 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
18. May 2010 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IN Cyber-Space No one Can Hear You Snoring !!!! Or can They ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! { Wake Up !!!!!!}

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
18. May 2010 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Guys I need a little help here, I'm in the UK right now, a friend of mine took me to your PCWorld store, I was shocked at the price of the verb's, anyway as you most know we in the states have our newegg or supermediastore.com, do you guys in the the UK have a similar site we can order from with some descent prices, thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. May 2010 @ 13:53

AfterDawn Addict
_
18. May 2010 @ 13:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office Max has Verbatim DVDs . . 100 for $21.99

a n d . .

If you go to the Office Max website, in the right column there are coupons you can get by clicking "in-store-only coupons"

You can save an additional $5.00 on the discs as well as other deals . . .

I paid $18.17 out the door for 100 MIT with the tall lip (PAPA) discs !

I may get more just to be greedy . . .

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
18. May 2010 @ 13:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fred: Estuansis seems to think that http://www.scan.co.uk/ is a good place to start.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
_
18. May 2010 @ 13:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Fred: Estuansis seems to think that http://www.scan.co.uk/ is a good place to start.
Thanks Omeg, just what I was looking for, prices are still steep compared to our sites but still beats buying them in the UK shops.
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. May 2010 @ 23:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Get ready Fredbun...the VAT is coming stateside pretty soon I suspect.
_
19. May 2010 @ 08:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Office Max has Verbatim DVDs . . 100 for $21.99

a n d . .

If you go to the Office Max website, in the right column there are coupons you can get by clicking "in-store-only coupons"

You can save an additional $5.00 on the discs as well as other deals . . .

I paid $18.17 out the door for 100 MIT with the tall lip (PAPA) discs !

I may get more just to be greedy . . .
Thanks Catfreak, here in Charlotte it is $16.99 plus tax for 100 MIT.

_
19. May 2010 @ 12:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Get ready Fredbun...the VAT is coming stateside pretty soon I suspect.

lol.
_
19. May 2010 @ 23:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
VAT = VALUE ADDED TAX ?

Where's the added Value at ? If I'm Paying More and not getting more then it's Like " Recession ,repression - It's all the same Thing !!!!!'

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. May 2010 @ 23:01

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2010 @ 14:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We already have our version of VAT . .

I paid $1.18 sales tax on that $16.99 package of DVDs . . .

$18.17 "out the door"

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. May 2010 @ 14:34

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. May 2010 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ Mr Biggie and Catfreak LOL

The VAT will be almost as much fun as the death tax! But I digress.
TreePro
_
20. May 2010 @ 23:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A new store just opened up next to my CompUSA store called "hhgregg", electronics and appliance store, never heard of them before but, their "Value Series" Verbatim 16X -R DVD's are $6.99 per 50 made in Taiwan. They code out as CMC Mag AM3 never have used these before. Are they any good? I only got 4 spindles but, if any good I'll get more. Verbatim cd-r 52X was $4.99 for 50.
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. May 2010 @ 00:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TreePro:
A new store just opened up next to my CompUSA store called "hhgregg", electronics and appliance store, never heard of them before but, their "Value Series" Verbatim 16X -R DVD's are $6.99 per 50 made in Taiwan. They code out as CMC Mag AM3 never have used these before. Are they any good? I only got 4 spindles but, if any good I'll get more. Verbatim cd-r 52X was $4.99 for 50.
I like 'em!! Actually one of my favorite DVD-R media. :D

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
21. May 2010 @ 00:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had a pretty good track record with all CMC MAG media. A few stutters in 2005, but haven't had any trouble since ;)

_
23. May 2010 @ 07:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:
Guys I need a little help here, I'm in the UK right now, a friend of mine took me to your PCWorld store, I was shocked at the price of the verb's, anyway as you most know we in the states have our newegg or supermediastore.com, do you guys in the the UK have a similar site we can order from with some descent prices, thanks.
If you're here long enough to wait a day or few for delivery there's http://www.svp.co.uk and http://www.amazon.co.uk
I don't know of any other places, in this country, as you've found with PC World, B&M stores basically cost way more for virtually everything, needless to say they don't get any of my business, regardless of convenience.

I was doing some example comparisons the other week as i'm pondering buying some discs (first time since 2007!). Here's what i came up with ~

SVP (delivery is 1-3 days, £5.98 + VAT included in the total)
400 Maxell +R £59.35 inc VAT
400 Ridisc +R £45.09 inc VAT
400 Verbs -R £73.66 inc VAT
400 Verbs +R £82.99 inc VAT

Amazon (free delivery)
400 Verbs + or -, £71.96 inc VAT

I use - and + discs equally, i have no preference, (haven't ever used any -R Maxell though) obviously Amazon is the best bet above for Verbs due to free delivery. SVP's delivery has a weight limit, can't remember what it is, basically it adjusts the total in the cart automatically when you hit the limit.

(for the last few years i've been happy as a pig in muck with Maxell +R coding out as CMC MAG M01 and the older RICOHJPNR03 too, not sure what Maxell code out as these days); i mostly use the Maxell for the kids, though also use a lot of them myself, never a problem with a disc, was just looking for something cheaper so was pondering the Ridisc instead of the Maxell. (Don't know if the Ridisc are actually any good, however have now finally got a new job so i'll be sticking with Maxell after all).

edit
- As much as i love Verbs, as i've had nothing but excellent results with the Maxell, i could just as easily give up using Verbs, so 800 Maxell from SVP work out to be £111.36 delivered, which includes a 2% discount due to buying 12 items (they've been out of stock of 100tub Maxell's for ages now, the price comparisons i posted above are all 100tubs for Verbs and 50tubs for Maxell's).

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. May 2010 @ 14:02

TreePro
_
23. May 2010 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
CompUSA just had a one day sale on Verbatim valueline 16X -R for $4.99 or FREE if you spend $50. limit one so I bought one went next door to hhgregg store, they matched the $4.99 plus 10% of difference making it $4.79 for 50 pack. I got 10 packs for $47.90, (they had no limit) 500 DVD's all code out CMC Mag AM3, even the CompUSA ones. I then went back to CompUSA and bought a wireless setup for my nephew and got one pack free. I ended up with 600 DVD's for $52.89, .088 cents each, all CMC Mag AM3 discs. Who doesn't love price match?
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
23. May 2010 @ 18:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Excellent deal TreePro. It's quite likely the best deal I've ever heard of. I'm jealous!

Advertisement
_
__

_
TreePro
_
23. May 2010 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Excellent deal TreePro. It's quite likely the best deal I've ever heard of. I'm jealous!
Thanks, I tried to get up the nerve to go back for more but, I didn't want to take advantage of them. They closed at 7 so too late now. They had a stack 5 foot high and 3 foot square too. They are on sale for $6.99 until June 2, still a good price.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork