User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 19:23
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
22. June 2010 @ 23:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon

Hey'ba Hey'ba Hey !!!!! Iike The Tdk's { ON sales OF course } Bill Quits pouring Ketchup on Russell !!!!!! Let's go get some Jello Pudding Hey, Hey, Hey,!!!!!! Ciao Y;all

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. June 2010 @ 23:27

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. June 2010 @ 01:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Garmoon,
Those Sony 8x +Rs were the best! When I found out that Sony switched to another Manufacturer, I bought the last 400 that my Local CompUSA had on sale. 8 fifty pack Cake Boxes! Cost me right at $43!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

TreePro
_
23. June 2010 @ 01:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Originally posted by TreePro:
@Joe Ryan
What media do you like to use ? I have little experience with Memorex but, after what you said I may give it a try. I don't know how Memorex will beat the bad rap it has. On another post in this forum a guy asked about Phillips dual layer and one guy said "why do you people continue to ask about sh*t media" and then one guy told him to stay away from Memorex, lots of forums I visit hates Memorex. The only way I think they will sell is to do like Sam's Club and eliminate the competition, sell only Memorex. Which tends to make me not buy it even if it is good, I like a choice and not be forced a brand on. I don't buy anything Sony, not because of the quality of products but, because the way the company operates.
I too am not a fan of Sony. But when Sony was selling 8X +R DVDs, they were Taiyo Yuden T02s. "Excellentiest" media. And they were on sale often. Basically "don't cut off your nose to spite your face." I now happily will buy CMC Mags if the price is right. Thanks Guru Joe Ryan-now "Doc Mem"
I probably didn't word that just right but, what I meant is if I had another option just as good I would take it. If sony had the best or only option (like the Play station 3)I would probably buy it. A lot of stores will push Sony on you and not offer other products that may suit you better. With their root kit fiasco and attitude on copying cd's and dvd's made me feel this way. What was it the one sony exec. said, "To make one copy back up was like a nice way to steal just one copy" or something to that effect. And then she admitted she made back ups! HYPOCRITE ! I know other companies are like that but, just seems like Sony leads the pack. And then that idiot Jack Valenti from some Hollywood movie studios group (I forget exactly which, he's retired now) said "If you want a back up copy then BUY another copy". These IDIOTS evidently have never had kids, I could not afford to replace all the cd's and dvd's my son destroyed.
JoeRyan
_
23. June 2010 @ 10:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm fortunate enough not to have to buy optical media because of all the samples I get for testing. I have no brand preference. I select by factory lot, and that choice depends first and foremost on the drive I'll be using to record. For double layer, I can use Verbatim on almost every DL drive; but Ritek works well on many of them, too. I had a batch of CMC DL the produced the best DL recordings I've measured--but only on one NEC drive. Most other drives would not work with them.

There are a lot of forums with a lot of opinions. Very few people actually know what they are talking about. Up until Imation bought Memorex, Memorex did not need to worry about what the forums said. The public and the retailers preferred Memorex to all other brands, and the market shares were greater than the next three brands combined. Behind the scenes, CMC manufactures HP, Imation, Memorex, Philips, TDK, and Verbatim among many other brands. Imation controls four of those brands listed above. The Memorex image may be far from the best in the forums; but in the North American market place, that brand remains #1.

It was similar with audio cassette tape. TDK ruled the stereo stores, and BASF was considered lesser quality. In the duplication market, however, BASF ruled and TDK fell on its face when it tried to sell tape. That's because one pancake of tape was 2.5 miles long; and a factory that runs through tens of thousands of pancakes in a day knows which ones run clean, produce consistent levels, have uniform tensions, and so forth. No amount of advertising or fancy packaging could alter actual results on the production floor or in the QC lab. TDK was dirty and inconsistent. BASF was clean, consistent, and identical, batch to batch. When Sony bought CBS/Columbia, even Sony stayed with BASF because that tape was better than what they produced.

There is a certain "gang mentality" in some forums. There are some people who are recognized as leaders who have forceful manners of expression, and they generate followers. That sometimes coalesces into factions that stifle differing opinions. One signs on with a faction in order to belong to a forceful group. It's human nature. Reason and experience seldom lead to bad choices (the preferred Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media are both excellent recommendations), but the suppression of differing opinions can prevent other good choices or even condemn them. I think that CMC, Ritek, and Memorex have frequently been victims of that kind of behaviour.
_
23. June 2010 @ 11:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TReepro

I Have Used Sony's Both Sony brand Mid Codes and MIJ[ Taiyo yuden } and MIJ sony's that Coded as Sony ?? - And Sony MIT ( TAIWAN } made and In General I have had Good results With them , I have'nt tried Or Do I think I will Try The Made In Malaysia Sony's But that's me ! Lately I've been Buying Verbatims When I get a Good sale & TDK's For The Giveaways/ Grankids & family But everyone has diiferent Gear & expectations of Quality so IF Brand X media works for you & your set up and does'nt have problems long term then Cool !!!!! I used To Stick with Taiyo's Verbatim's Sony's Riteks& Ricohjpn ( Officedepot/Maxell's Maxell Japan made when available ect... Officedepot has quit putting out theur Ritek OEM'ed officedepot Brand { a pity } So TDK's have taken their place for me now Though I Do Have a Boatlaod That I bought at nearly every sale so I'll Manage . The main thing is Buy the Best & Buy it for less !!! Good luck & happy Burning

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. June 2010 @ 17:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
(JoeRyan)There is a certain "gang mentality" in some forums. There are some people who are recognized as leaders who have forceful manners of expression, and they generate followers. That sometimes coalesces into factions that stifle differing opinions. One signs on with a faction in order to belong to a forceful group. It's human nature. Reason and experience seldom lead to bad choices (the preferred Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media are both excellent recommendations), but the suppression of differing opinions can prevent other good choices or even condemn them. I think that CMC, Ritek, and Memorex have frequently been victims of that kind of behaviour.
JoeRyan,
I don't think there is much of "gang Mentality" here, at least not on the threads I belong to. I've been involved with Audio/Visual, before there was such a term, since I was 12! That's 54 years ago. The Memorex DVDs in question were bought more than 5 years ago. I store my DVDs in the deep file cabinet drawers of my desk. Burned DVDs on the right, and new blank ones on the left. I also keep what I call my top 100 in an Imation Disc Stakka. Generally my favorites and newest releases.

In my second post on this topic I did say, "I know CMC was known for a good while, as the Company that almost put Memorex out of business. Maybe that was a bit unfair, but the early one's they made for Memorex were junk!" I did say 5 years ago, but it was actually over 6 years ago in 2004, and they were over $1 per blank DVD from CompUSA back then. They still stand out as the only media I ever bought that had a 100% failure rate. I never had any problems with Memorex's CDs at all, or any other of their other media, for that matter. I still think their Metal cassette Tapes were the best, ever!

When I joined AD in early August of 05, I was using the good Sony/YUDEN000 T02 8x DVDs. I had no idea they were Yudens at the time, until DocTY pointed it out to me. I continued to use them until Sony went with a different manufacturer, and the quality dropped. I switched to the Ridata RICOHJPN RO2 and RITEK RO3s, which were excellent until they came out with the F-16s. It left a very bad taste in my mouth that the last RO3s I bought had about 20 F-16s at the bottom of the cake Box. They were terrible. A member here at AD sent me 100 Taiwanese 16x Verbs, as a gift, and I used Verbs until about a year ago, when everyone started getting poor scans with them. I tried the Ridata F-16s again, but they just weren't very good. I bought 100 Yuden 8x DVD-R47ZZ100SB8 (not value Line), and they were not that good at all. I wound up swapping cincyrob some verb 16x +R DVDs he had, for them. He had better luck with them than I did, and I seemed to have had better luck with the Verbs than he was having. I also have about 25 Verb 16x -R DVDs at the moment.

I know I said "I know CMC was known for a good while, as the Company that almost put Memorex out of business." And that was a factual statement! Even a great many respected sources perpetuated it. Even though my own personal experience with them back in 2004 made that seem logical, I did also say that "maybe that was a bit unfair!" I shouldn't have said that they were junk though, based on my limited experience with only 25 of them. I could well have gotten a bad batch, or some that weren't stored properly. I do apologize for saying that. It was an unfair thing to say, based on such a small amount of samples.

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

TreePro
_
24. June 2010 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
TReepro

I Have Used Sony's Both Sony brand Mid Codes and MIJ[ Taiyo yuden } and MIJ sony's that Coded as Sony ?? - And Sony MIT ( TAIWAN } made and In General I have had Good results With them , I have'nt tried Or Do I think I will Try The Made In Malaysia Sony's But that's me ! Lately I've been Buying Verbatims When I get a Good sale & TDK's For The Giveaways/ Grankids & family But everyone has diiferent Gear & expectations of Quality so IF Brand X media works for you & your set up and does'nt have problems long term then Cool !!!!! I used To Stick with Taiyo's Verbatim's Sony's Riteks& Ricohjpn ( Officedepot/Maxell's Maxell Japan made when available ect... Officedepot has quit putting out theur Ritek OEM'ed officedepot Brand { a pity } So TDK's have taken their place for me now Though I Do Have a Boatlaod That I bought at nearly every sale so I'll Manage . The main thing is Buy the Best & Buy it for less !!! Good luck & happy Burning
BIGTOXY69
I will more than likely use some Sonys in the future. They was always more expensive in my area than the printable Verbatim at Sam's, which I could count on $29 per 100 (before the price drop to $19.99 clearance) and pick them up anytime without waiting for a sale. Sony sale prices was always higher than that and not printable. I know they are good discs, just I had a cheaper alternative. I don't print all my discs, I do like option though. The Verbatim value line I bought at hhgreg and Compusa have really burned GREAT, not a single coaster in appox 200 discs so far, perfect play too,I only copy the movie. (CMC MAG AM3 and Ritek F1) Wish I bought more of those $4.79 50 packs.
burninmad
_
24. June 2010 @ 11:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
Quote:
(JoeRyan)There is a certain "gang mentality" in some forums. There are some people who are recognized as leaders who have forceful manners of expression, and they generate followers. That sometimes coalesces into factions that stifle differing opinions. One signs on with a faction in order to belong to a forceful group. It's human nature. Reason and experience seldom lead to bad choices (the preferred Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media are both excellent recommendations), but the suppression of differing opinions can prevent other good choices or even condemn them. I think that CMC, Ritek, and Memorex have frequently been victims of that kind of behaviour.
JoeRyan,
I don't think there is much of "gang Mentality" here, at least not on the threads I belong to. I've been involved with Audio/Visual, before there was such a term, since I was 12! That's 54 years ago. The Memorex DVDs in question were bought more than 5 years ago. I store my DVDs in the deep file cabinet drawers of my desk. Burned DVDs on the right, and new blank ones on the left. I also keep what I call my top 100 in an Imation Disc Stakka. Generally my favorites and newest releases.

In my second post on this topic I did say, "I know CMC was known for a good while, as the Company that almost put Memorex out of business. Maybe that was a bit unfair, but the early one's they made for Memorex were junk!" I did say 5 years ago, but it was actually over 6 years ago in 2004, and they were over $1 per blank DVD from CompUSA back then. They still stand out as the only media I ever bought that had a 100% failure rate. I never had any problems with Memorex's CDs at all, or any other of their other media, for that matter. I still think their Metal cassette Tapes were the best, ever!

When I joined AD in early August of 05, I was using the good Sony/YUDEN000 T02 8x DVDs. I had no idea they were Yudens at the time, until DocTY pointed it out to me. I continued to use them until Sony went with a different manufacturer, and the quality dropped. I switched to the Ridata RICOHJPN RO2 and RITEK RO3s, which were excellent until they came out with the F-16s. It left a very bad taste in my mouth that the last RO3s I bought had about 20 F-16s at the bottom of the cake Box. They were terrible. A member here at AD sent me 100 Taiwanese 16x Verbs, as a gift, and I used Verbs until about a year ago, when everyone started getting poor scans with them. I tried the Ridata F-16s again, but they just weren't very good. I bought 100 Yuden 8x DVD-R47ZZ100SB8 (not value Line), and they were not that good at all. I wound up swapping cincyrob some verb 16x +R DVDs he had, for them. He had better luck with them than I did, and I seemed to have had better luck with the Verbs than he was having. I also have about 25 Verb 16x -R DVDs at the moment.

I know I said "I know CMC was known for a good while, as the Company that almost put Memorex out of business." And that was a factual statement! Even a great many respected sources perpetuated it. Even though my own personal experience with them back in 2004 made that seem logical, I did also say that "maybe that was a bit unfair!" I shouldn't have said that they were junk though, based on my limited experience with only 25 of them. I could well have gotten a bad batch, or some that weren't stored properly. I do apologize for saying that. It was an unfair thing to say, based on such a small amount of samples.

Best Regards,
Russ
I was "stuck",using the Maxell(color)DVD-rs from Kmart(closest retailer}to these Mountain areas in SoCal.Went toWalMart ,only had Memorex and got them,in the DVD-R format! Now my Panasonic DMR-37EZ will ONLY record using the Memorex! Must be something about them? Now That was a long trip to Walmart being 45 miles to nearest one.They weren't working before! Got Panny DVDR/VCR combo in 2008.Factory service(2 times)since purchased,even after opening box!! Right back to factory!But per a link here on AD to AVS forum ,the aformentioned cleaning DVD Turntable/mount/disc,in Drive:"Voila! Works now again! Memorex!DVD-R!
bratcher
_
24. June 2010 @ 15:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Couple sales, wish they wre both cheaper....

OfficeMax Verbatim +/- R 100 packs $19.99 each.
Office Depot Memorex +/- R 100 packs $17.99 each.

Note: these are not inkjet printable discs.
bratcher
_
24. June 2010 @ 20:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Question: Has anybody checked out the Tayio Yuden/JVC DVDR's yet? If so then what were your results?

I've had some JVC branded 16x DVD-R's in the past that coded out as RitekF1 & it was fairly good media in my burner. Hopefully the JVC TY's are even better!!
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. June 2010 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Brather so far so good , they code out as TYGO3s and are burning fine and scan fine, heres a look

[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. June 2010 @ 21:07

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. June 2010 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The JVC +R code out as T03s and are not closely related to T02s. They are good media though and had more trouble getting them delivered than in burning.LOL

burninmad
_
25. June 2010 @ 11:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MaXell DVD-R ,works again!I don't remember,who it was that posted that link to AVS forum ,on cleaning the DVD/VCR recorder drive disc/lens&disc "Holder"!I just put in a Brand new Maxell DVD-R,which wouldn't load,display said:"Disc Not Recordable",like many times in the past.When I switched to the Memorex DVD-Rs,It last recorded yesterday.Since I ran out of those brand ,and had been using ONLY Maxell DVD-R color packs(5) ,the Maxell gold DVD-Rs weren't loading either.But as I removed the 6 screws on my Panasonic DMR-37EZ,and the 6 or 8 thatt are on the cover,Voila!The Same Maxell Gold that WAS in the Drive ,now after restart and setup loaded right away!This is my Third cleaning of the laser lens&Disc/holder with Qtips& anti-static screen cleaner from Office Depot,two pump bottles :4 oz. about$6.99! Thanks Again,I forget who posted it before but I even went out to Pawn shop looking for this Panasonic,they had a Sony that wouldn't copy a cartoon!(No offense to cartoon lovers!)BurinMad&Keep On Cleanin those Laser Lenses&DVD drive discs!
bratcher
_
25. June 2010 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
Brather so far so good , they code out as TYGO3s and are burning fine and scan fine, heres a look

[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Thanks!! I might give them a try sometimes & I'll expect the usual excellent TY burning results
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
25. June 2010 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've burned 500+ JVC discs. They're every bit as good as genuine TY xD

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2010 @ 17:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
They're every bit as good as genuine TY xD
thats because they are 100% Taiyo Yuden. The only difference is JVC bought them and the tapewrap

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
_
25. June 2010 @ 17:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've burned 500+ JVC discs. They're every bit as good as genuine TY xD
Well If my Understanding is correct ? Being Taiyo Yuden Bought out The Media End Of Jvc - Atlaest THe Optical Media { DVDR / CDR ect... } And Taiyo Yuden Is Now Branding Their Nedia as JVC ! That Would make Current JVC media Genuine Taiyo's Or Perhaps if we're being Sticklers Taiyo's Genuine JVC's Being Taiyo was The Absorber and Not the Absorbee ? I would Go With the first Designation ! it's all semantics anyways as long as they work well they can call it Baby Ducks in a Chipper-Shredder Brand !!! I would'nt care What was That old line From a Cigarette Commercial It's not how long you make it ? It's how you make it long ? Me I don't Smoke But I do Burn !! Disc That is LOL!!! In our case it shoul go It's not how good you make disc but How you make them Good ? Anyway Good luck and happy Trails Lil' Buccaroo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
25. June 2010 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thats because they are 100% Taiyo Yuden. The only difference is JVC bought them and the tapewrap
I figured as much, but everyone has their own opinions or here say. ;)

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
bratcher
_
25. June 2010 @ 19:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would hate for JVC to shut down the TY plant them move all disc manufacturing to Ritek, CMC or Prodisc. Lets hope they don't do that one day in the future. Nothing wrong IMHO with the other 3 manufactures but that TY plant makes some really outstanding discs!!
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2010 @ 19:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
People I'm sure that TY will NOT let anything happen to their plant in Japan. LOL. They (TY) bought the JVC media section for help in distribution throughout the world. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
bratcher
_
25. June 2010 @ 20:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
People I'm sure that TY will NOT let anything happen to their plant in Japan. LOL. They (TY) bought the JVC media section for help in distribution throughout the world. ;)
Thats good to hear.....
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2010 @ 21:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Asus Disk One Verb burned at 12x, scanned at 8x. A horrible scan!

Surface scan of the same DVD!

Pretty ugly, right? You ain't seen nothing yet. This one has to be a record! Disk Two, 12x 8x. Worst scan I've ever seen! Check the PIE and PIF totals. Unbelievable!

Both DVDs exhibit banding across the DVD. Light and dark areas in rings, like Saturn. Disk two looks much worse and is much easier to see. Both stop while playing. I went down the stack about 25 DVDs, and burned this one, the same 12x burn 8x scan on the same drive.

A much better burn and scan, with no banding. The bad ones are the Verbs I got from Rob that he wasn't liking. I can't see anything on the DVDs, checking with an LED flashlight and a 5x power binocular visor, I don't see anything to indicate that there is a problem with the dye on these DVDs. I also burned a 16x -R verb at 12x and scanned it at 8x, and it looked all right too! I don't think you will ever see a scan as bad as disk two again.

Russ

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2010 @ 21:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Russ do they playback?

bratcher
_
25. June 2010 @ 22:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
Asus Disk One Verb burned at 12x, scanned at 8x. A horrible scan!

Pretty ugly, right? You ain't seen nothing yet. This one has to be a record! Disk Two, 12x 8x. Worst scan I've ever seen! Check the PIE and PIF totals. Unbelievable!

Both DVDs exhibit banding across the DVD. Light and dark areas in rings, like Saturn. Disk two looks much worse and is much easier to see. Both stop while playing. I went down the stack about 25 DVDs, and burned this one, the same 12x burn 8x scan on the same drive.

A much better burn and scan, with no banding. The bad ones are the Verbs I got from Rob that he wasn't liking. I can't see anything on the DVDs, checking with an LED flashlight and a 5x power binocular visor, I don't see anything to indicate that there is a problem with the dye on these DVDs. I also burned a 16x -R verb at 12x and scanned it at 8x, and it looked all right too! I don't think you will ever see a scan as bad as disk two again.

Russ
I don't thing your DVD burner drive likes Verbatim media all that well. If your going to burn the rest of those discs then try burning them at 8x or lower. Otherwise toss them in the trash....
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2010 @ 22:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Russ do they playback?
Till they get to the red area! Then they just stop!

Best Regards,
Russ

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork