User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 17:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
4. June 2010 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
[b]I guess I can't Argue With That?[b]

To be Fair The Shiney'S { OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shiney !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!} Are Mainly Made For Thermal Printing But You know that Already ! } And are'nt made to Be Constantly Looked at as one might a Inkjet Printable or Lightscribed disc Might ? And also For Cost Personally Having Used Verbatims and The Taiyo yUDEN sHINEY'S I prefer The Label / Writing Surface of The Branded / retail Verbatims For Sharpie Writing But I can , could, And have Lived with The Taiyo Thermals and sharpies ! But I do concur That The Thermal Taiyo's do tend to show fingerprints quite well ! With Good and even Great quality DVD media so available for Quite affordable prices ! I find or perhaps should say I have Found It's the Minutae of Detail that separates one From another ? As long as we're talking Media of Comparable qualities and not say Reject Duplicator Grade Media versus Taiyo or Verbatims? Things like Writing Surface Type & Area , Media Consistency , Availability , Brand reputation ect... What's The Old saying " The Devils In the details ?" I say Buy quality media & use what you and your Drives Like & works best for you later Gang CiaO !!!
It's difficult to find unbranded silver matte DVDR's nowadays. A search on Meritline turned up this though.

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-ridata-16...---p-18349.aspx

They are $17.99 per 100.

Microcenter (online) has Hotan (CMC unbranded) silver matte discs for $15.99 per 100 pack in tape wrap. I've used them & they are very good. +R is the same price btw.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0322470

Good prices I think unless you can find some branded Verbatim at those same prices or cheaper in a store!! But then I prefer inkjet printable media which usually costs more. The cheapest white inkjet printable I can find at Microcenter is $11.99 per 50 pack for Magnavox which has a CMC mid code or $12.99 per 50 pack Verbatim while Meritline has Prodisc white inkjet printable for $11.99 per 50 pack. I did grab two 100 packs of Valuedisc (CMC mid code) white inkjet printable for $15.99 per 100 pack from the damaged & returned goods isle yesterday where the usual price is $19.99 per 100 pack. Nothing wrong with either package other than some light damage to the tape wrapping.

Lately I've been buying cheaper media since it works well with my burner rather than paying top dollar for Tayio Yuden or Verbatim unless one of those 2 brands goes on sale for white inkjet printable which isn't very often. Ritek & CMC is always cheaper though & both give me very good burn results so thats what I've been buying for the last several months.

Oh & Inkforsale.net has remanufactured T78 carts for the Epson R200/300/500/600 series printers for $5.90 each plus shipping which is where I've been buying my ink lately instead of paying a little over double that for the Epson brand. I wish the higher capacity T77 remanufactured carts were available but I can't seem to find any since LD Products started selling remanufactured carts instead of a slightly smaller cart with an adapter & those carts lasted quite awhile in my printer. Sadly they are no longer available. I'm down to my last one & then there is no more after that but the T78 remanufactured carts which don't hold as much ink in them.
Advertisement
_
__
_
4. June 2010 @ 20:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I Know It does'nt help BUt !!!

On the Ink Issue - I use my Printer for The Occasional Letter or Odd recipe For the wife but mainly To Print Covers for my dvd's , data disc ,CD's backups ect... And while I will Opine that a Cool cover Printed On Photo paper is Hard To beat ! I Bought a Dell 1320C Color laser Printer About 2 yaers ago through work and Have'nt Looked back ! It prints very nice Covers , papers Cheaper & The Toner last much, Much longer than The ink carts ever did - ? I realize though that IF your Printing CD's & DVD's That This does'nt help you much !!! - And I don't know if they have / had any left But samsclub Here {Baton Rouge La. { airline Hwy. Store } had the Verbatim Printables for $19.99 last time I went { Bought 2 spindles{100ct. } Can't say how many they have left or if they will still have them where your at But @ that price it's worth a look !

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
4. June 2010 @ 21:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

On the Ink Issue - I use my Printer for The Occasional Letter or Odd recipe For the wife but mainly To Print Covers for my dvd's , data disc ,CD's backups ect... And while I will Opine that a Cool cover Printed On Photo paper is Hard To beat ! I Bought a Dell 1320C Color laser Printer About 2 yaers ago through work and Have'nt Looked back ! It prints very nice Covers , papers Cheaper & The Toner last much, Much longer than The ink carts ever did - ? I realize though that IF your Printing CD's & DVD's That This does'nt help you much !!! - And I don't know if they have / had any left But samsclub Here {Baton Rouge La. { airline Hwy. Store } had the Verbatim Printables for $19.99 last time I went { Bought 2 spindles{100ct. } Can't say how many they have left or if they will still have them where your at But @ that price it's worth a look !
Yes but the $7.99 per 50 pack (I bought 2 of them) of Verb white inkjet printable I got from Microcenter recently (they were either on an unmarked sale or I was charged the lower price by mistake) was a great deal at the time.

Both data & movie discs get printed on the Epson RX680 plus a cover for each movie disc does take some ink but then I don't have the color laser printer like you do. Consider yourself either lucky or blessed!!
_
5. June 2010 @ 09:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:

Yes but the $7.99 per 50 pack (I bought 2 of them) of Verb white inkjet printable I got from Microcenter recently (they were either on an unmarked sale or I was charged the lower price by mistake) was a great deal at the time.

Both data & movie discs get printed on the Epson RX680 plus a cover for each movie disc does take some ink but then I don't have the color laser printer like you do. Consider yourself either lucky or blessed!!
A little oF both - I stil Like Inkjet Printing But I've Been Through The Constant Inkjet Tanks Systems and Refilling Carts and All That And to me It's like eating Boiled Crabs !!! The End results Can be Pleasurable But For Me It's Too Much work for Too little Food ! or Return In the Inks case ! - Besides There is always Lightscribe For the Real special Projects ? Yeah it's basically Monitone If your usingthe Original Bronzish/ Tan/ Gols-Brass ? Ones But I hear The New Colored ones look Muck Better ? Some say almost Holographic Looking ? Might Be Interesting To do a Custom Lightscribe - or two , HellBoy on Red or The Hulk on Green ??? May check into that ? Good To know the Mgnavox's code out same as Tdk's especially if they go on Sale Cheaper ? I hope I did'nt Come off as Bragging About the laser Printer ? It's Not what I intended If that's what Came across ? My Humble apologies To all in that case ! I was Just trying to say that for me it was a Good Idea ! not that it's the best Idea or Better Than anyone elses ! Looks like you Got a Good Deal There On the Media ! I think what we really Need is Another Jasper 44 ? I know he's Busy with Studies , credits , Courseloads ect... And he has to deal with that Fisrt & Foremost ! But surely there is someone with a Newspaper connection like he had That Could pick up the gauntlet for US ? I try to help in my Meager way ! but I'm basically just searching the weekend sales , Newegg & the Occasional Buy.com Add ? Which I will Continue to do of course As well As any Interesting Media sales/ Equipment deals at Samsclub should I see them ? Still It does'nt seem to be enough ? Well I guess I Jabbered on enough already ? Good Luck & Happy HUnting !!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. June 2010 @ 10:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

A little oF both - I stil Like Inkjet Printing But I've Been Through The Constant Inkjet Tanks Systems and Refilling Carts and All That And to me It's like eating Boiled Crabs !!! The End results Can be Pleasurable But For Me It's Too Much work for Too little Food ! or Return In the Inks case ! - Besides There is always Lightscribe For the Real special Projects ? Yeah it's basically Monitone If your usingthe Original Bronzish/ Tan/ Gols-Brass ? Ones But I hear The New Colored ones look Muck Better ? Some say almost Holographic Looking ? Might Be Interesting To do a Custom Lightscribe - or two , HellBoy on Red or The Hulk on Green ??? May check into that ? Good To know the Mgnavox's code out same as Tdk's especially if they go on Sale Cheaper ? I hope I did'nt Come off as Bragging About the laser Printer ? It's Not what I intended If that's what Came across ? My Humble apologies To all in that case ! I was Just trying to say that for me it was a Good Idea ! not that it's the best Idea or Better Than anyone elses ! Looks like you Got a Good Deal There On the Media ! I think what we really Need is Another Jasper 44 ? I know he's Busy with Studies , credits , Courseloads ect... And he has to deal with that Fisrt & Foremost ! But surely there is someone with a Newspaper connection like he had That Could pick up the gauntlet for US ? I try to help in my Meager way ! but I'm basically just searching the weekend sales , Newegg & the Occasional Buy.com Add ? Which I will Continue to do of course As well As any Interesting Media sales/ Equipment deals at Samsclub should I see them ? Still It does'nt seem to be enough ? Well I guess I Jabbered on enough already ? Good Luck & Happy HUnting !!!!!!!!!!!!
For your boiled crab dilemma, buy yourself a container of Jumbo lump crab meat. Heat it up in a skillet of melted butter with some garlic pods and some green onions until done and sprinkle a little Louisnan Brand crawfish boil powder to your taste. Almost like boiled without the hassle. Try not to break up the meat when cooking. Bon appetit. Now I'm hungry. Yesterday I saw white crab meat for sale from Ecuador at Hi Nabor. My Chef daughter says they are getting their J lump from Colombia.
_
9. June 2010 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TDK DVD+R 16X 4.7GB 150 Discs (3 - 50pk Spindles) - 48519-KIT

Buy.com Total Price: $ 24.59- free shipping !!!!! - Still wish they were the DVD-R's But at this price I'll Take 'em !!!! { I taut I Taw some TDK's . I did , I did !!!!} LOL !!! & FWIW -Also Starting 06/13/10 Officedepot will have TDK® DVD-R Recordable Media 100-PK for $17.99 They show both DVD+R & DVD-R in the Add so I assume Thats the price on both ?or you can get the 50ct. spindles of either for $ 9.99 Again Fwiw ? Buy .com would be a better deal on the DVD+R though Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. June 2010 @ 17:57

_
12. June 2010 @ 22:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is There anybody out there ???????????????????????????????

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
12. June 2010 @ 22:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here I am! :D LOL!

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. June 2010 @ 22:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Onwy us wascawwy Wabbits! LOL

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

bratcher
_
13. June 2010 @ 00:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is There anybody out there ???????????????????????????????
Yes I'm still here.....
_
13. June 2010 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good

The're's 2 of us then - I have'nt checked all possible permutations but it seems like a pretty slow week for media ?

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. June 2010 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How could any of us really need to buy more media????LOL

bratcher
_
13. June 2010 @ 12:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good

The're's 2 of us then - I have'nt checked all possible permutations but it seems like a pretty slow week for media ?
Cheapest media I can find is the 16x silver/matte Hotan for $15.99 per 100 pack in tape wrap & it's CMC at Microcenter. The Valuedisc white inkjet printable is $19.99 per 100 pack & also CMC. But then I've reported on that before so it's not new.
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. June 2010 @ 15:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office depot has TDKs -should code out as CMCs -for $17.99/100
bratcher
_
13. June 2010 @ 15:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Office depot has TDKs -should code out as CMCs -for $17.99/100
Good deal if a Microcenter isn't nearby for the $15.99 silver/matte Hotan 100 packs. Hey, whatever is cheapest or available. Go for it!!
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
13. June 2010 @ 15:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Costco probably has those same TDK's. I used them once upon a time with my Sony DRU840. They worked fine. No coasters ;) I believe my LH-20A1H burned a few of them too.

bratcher
_
13. June 2010 @ 16:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
True, considering I gave Comcast back their DVR then only keeping cable internet service. Bill drops from $140 to around $60 but they still charged me $18.99 for downgrading service!! Oh well. I've got enough movies recorded off of the DVR plus what I own so I don't need cable (not with something over 2000 movies to watch) for a few years which means that my blank DVD use will drop quite a bit. the 225 discs I've got will last quite awhile now. Oh & for TV I just hooked the Magnavox DVD recorder to an outside antenna for the free over the air channels not that I watch much of it but it's there if I want it.

Comcast has called twice & sent a salesman over to try & get me back on video services but I'm not interested. Besides I wasn't watching cable much anyway. Instead I just recorded movies off of the DVR until the last one was recorded.
TreePro
_
13. June 2010 @ 17:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
True, considering I gave Comcast back their DVR then only keeping cable internet service. Bill drops from $140 to around $60 but they still charged me $18.99 for downgrading service!! Oh well. I've got enough movies recorded off of the DVR plus what I own so I don't need cable (not with something over 2000 movies to watch) for a few years which means that my blank DVD use will drop quite a bit. the 225 discs I've got will last quite awhile now. Oh & for TV I just hooked the Magnavox DVD recorder to an outside antenna for the free over the air channels not that I watch much of it but it's there if I want it.

Comcast has called twice & sent a salesman over to try & get me back on video services but I'm not interested. Besides I wasn't watching cable much anyway. Instead I just recorded movies off of the DVR until the last one was recorded.
Try getting Comcast to "repackage your service" I was going to cancel my TV and transfer the phone over to a spare line on my wireless plan last December. My bill was $140 or so. They repackaged it and bill dropped to $104. per month. She said when it come up for renewal have them repackage it again. I don't know if that will work but, I will try it. They have changed the channel line up in my area and some of my favorite channels require a decoder box now to watch, like SCI-FY. My son has the box in his room and they want TEN DOLLARS a month for a another one, B@$tards. Since you need a box for each TV now I may consider satellite or drop TV.
bratcher
_
13. June 2010 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TreePro:

Try getting Comcast to "repackage your service" I was going to cancel my TV and transfer the phone over to a spare line on my wireless plan last December. My bill was $140 or so. They repackaged it and bill dropped to $104. per month. She said when it come up for renewal have them repackage it again. I don't know if that will work but, I will try it. They have changed the channel line up in my area and some of my favorite channels require a decoder box now to watch, like SCI-FY. My son has the box in his room and they want TEN DOLLARS a month for a another one, B@$tards. Since you need a box for each TV now I may consider satellite or drop TV.
Well I've recorded enough (plus what I've bought) to last me a few years so the best choice for me was to drop the video part of cable & just keep the internet part of it. They still get my money every month just not as much. They charged something like $10.95 or $12.95 just fot the DVR on top of the digital service I had which ran up through Encore. I'm sure you can see why I'd rather save money watching recordings instead of having cable that I seldom watch anymore. I pay for a landline phone so if my internet went out I'd still have phone service though AT&T. And no I don't need Uverse or sat tv right now. To me it's a waste of money....
_
14. June 2010 @ 01:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I hear ya's

I Have Only Limited ( Basic } Cable & Internet With my cable Company and my Bills Still about $62.00 -$65.00 a Month !!!!- And By Basic I mean Local Channels + Disney , QVC, HSN, SPanish channel , & A couple of Christian stations !!!. - Over my Adult life I've done the Deluxe Cable thing and the satellite Thing and Over the Air TV thing (FREE TV } and I found what most people find On The pay for TV end ? It's good for the first 3-6 Month maybe a few more If you've missed a lot of TV shows and Movies ? After that You get Caught up on your Movies and series you missed and it's Movies you've seen and re-seen multiple times some that are 20 or more years old ? . Besides Most times Anything halfway decent Movie-wise goes {THEATERS, DVD, PAY PER VIEW. Then HBO,CINEMAX ,Showtime, ect.. Then the Broadcast Networks ect... } Granted this is changing now But it still depends on the studio & the movie ? . Anyways My solution Rent ,watch If I likey Enough To want permanently I'll Buy it ? Ideally The best way to see a movie is at the theater But I'd Rather Give The Studio my Money For the Dvd Then I atleast have something I can Touch, see and watch Over and over again rather than Just a Memory of what the movies was - But that's me !!! Everyone has their own Media {Entertainment } choices To make Just Remember This { Your KUng Fu is Very Good ,But you Lack Disciplne !!!} LOL !!!!! Ciao Y'all

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
16. June 2010 @ 19:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I Guess One Tree looks Like Another To FED -EX ?

My Tdk's came the Other day Just wish Fed-Ex Could Deliver them To me instead of My Neighbors !!! I Guess One tree Looks about The same as Another To You Puny HUmans ?????
LOL-Sad But True !!!!! Ciao !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
16. June 2010 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
:p

TreePro
_
16. June 2010 @ 19:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I Guess One Tree looks Like Another To FED -EX ?

My Tdk's came the Other day Just wish Fed-Ex Could Deliver them To me instead of My Neighbors !!! I Guess One tree Looks about The same as Another To You Puny HUmans ?????
LOL-Sad But True !!!!! Ciao !!!!!
It wasn't me I swear ! All trees don't look the same to me. I have been in logging and tree service for over 40 years. Probably my competition though, half don't an Oak from a flower pot. LOL
TreePro
_
16. June 2010 @ 19:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
:p

Just ordered a pair of headphones from Newegg this afternoon and then see this picture, guess the three day guaranteed delivery has been cancelled! I know it was on one of these trucks!
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
16. June 2010 @ 23:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[b]-[It was a macho barber shop. Hair dryers were mounted on a rifle rack.
Wasn?t no mirrors. The barber chair was a Peterbilt... Barber walked in;
he was huge, seven feet tall, three hundred pounds of spring steel and
rawhide. Wearin' a hard hat, chewin' a cigar, had a t-shirt on -- said,
I hate musicians. Threw me in the chair, sneered and said, What'll it
be pal? Now a lot of people would be intimidated in a situation like
this...I was not. I am what I am, play my piano, and sing my little
songs. I looked him right in the eye and I said, I'm a logger - just up
from Coos Bay, Oregon. Been toppin' trees - quite possibly the toughest
man in the entire world. He said, All right! he gave me a haircut and
I walked out of there friends, my hair was gone! Made Kojak look like
Bill Golden. Yeah, had a tremendous craving to operate heavy equipment.
Now, you may think that Butte, Montana haircut's the worst any man could
ever get...Wrong!/b]- I hear you Looks like Most don't know their ASH from a Hole in the Ground , Nor Their Cherry From Their Crepe Myrtle ? LOL it's sad but true !!! The IronWood OOPs ! I mean Irony is like Every other Order they get it Right ? Buy.com normally ggets directly to my address ? , Newegg Not as much ? I Guess Their either afraid to ask a SasQutch for a Signature Or they think We can't write ? - We can Read though ? Addresses anyways We know where we live at anyways !!!! - Keep your Powder Dry , Your Chainsaw Oiled and watch out for flying Chairs !!!! LOL Later Buddy !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork