User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 17:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. May 2010 @ 20:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Excellent deal TreePro. It's quite likely the best deal I've ever heard of. I'm jealous!
Jealous hell... I'm pissed as we don't have a CompUSA or HHGregg here!!! :(

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
23. May 2010 @ 21:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I know there was a compusa near me in Minnesota, but now I live in oregon. Never heard of them here :( In fact, I believe the first pack of mini CD's I bought were from them :) They're so cute LOL! I still have 25 of them too.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
_
24. May 2010 @ 04:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GREENSMAN

I guess That means you suffer from {DISC ENVY} LOL!!!! I hear ya's though Buddy ! Here in The Swamps We have Bestbuy,Officedepot, SAmsclub, Sears , & wallyworld !!!! No BJ's , No CostCo , NO Officemax, I'm pissed as we don't have a CompUSA or HHGregg here!!! either ! Lately I've been Getting My media (When on sale } @ The Awesome Foursome ,Buy.com, Newegg, OfficeDepot,& Samsclub Buy.com For Verbatims & when they put the TDK DVD+R's on sale 3-50ct spindles For $24.89 , Officedpot For The Tdk DVD-R's 100ct. Spindles, $19.99 ea. I think ?, Newegg For Vernatims & parts !!!, SAMSCLUB for Verbatims Printables {100Ct. Spindles { $19.99 ea. as of Saturday @ The Airline Hwy. Store Baton Rouge La,} I know cause I bought 2 spindles Saturday !!! . Ironically The Verbatim Printables there Were Actually CHEAPER !!!! than The Memorex Printables That are Replacing them at samscub !!! Who'd have Thunk that ? Memorex Costing More Than Verbatim? To be fair The Memorex Printables are Cheaper {$25.00 ish ea. ) Than the Original Price on the Verbatims {$29.99) But I did'nt buy mine Because they were Printables But because they were as Cheap as The Non-Printable verbatims or Cheaper Even ? TDK Prices For Verbatims To Quote EMERIL LAGASSE' " BAM !!!!!!" I'm There Dude !!! Well Hope Your DISC ENVY clears Up ? I hear That they Have Shots For that Now ? But they Require A Moderate amount of Cash and Frequent Organic DYE injections LOL!!! Good luck and Happy Bargain Hunting Gang !!!!! Ciao!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. May 2010 @ 04:23

bratcher
_
24. May 2010 @ 08:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim Shiny Silver 8X DVD-R Media 200 Pack in Cake Box $39.99 until 5/30 with free shipping.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...learance%20Sale
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. May 2010 @ 09:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Check this thread I started about ANYDVD and CSS archiving. What's with that?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-11/a...es_i_do-852056/
_
26. May 2010 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
vERBATIMS DVD+DL'S

SAMSCLUB In Baton Rouge la. { Siegen Lane store } has the DVD+R DL's 50ct spindles for $ 29.99 or atleast they did the other day ? Apparently they are moving to MeMorex for their DVD+R Dl's as well So this will prolly be it on the Verbatim Dl's at samsclub here for awhile anyways ? FWIW Get while they're hot !!!!! Ciao Y'all!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
TreePro
_
26. May 2010 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
vERBATIMS DVD+DL'S

SAMSCLUB In Baton Rouge la. { Siegen Lane store } has the DVD+R DL's 50ct spindles for $ 29.99 or atleast they did the other day ? Apparently they are moving to MeMorex for their DVD+R Dl's as well So this will prolly be it on the Verbatim Dl's at samsclub here for awhile anyways ? FWIW Get while they're hot !!!!! Ciao Y'all!!!!!
My Sam's sold out last month and has never restocked.
_
26. May 2010 @ 23:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TreePro:
vERBATIMS DVD+DL'S

Treepro Well The verbatim thing may just be a Local thing here or may be system- nationwide ? That's why I posyed it by the specific store location ! Yours maybe having different sales & or circumstances ? Good luck & happy Bargain hunting regardless !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. May 2010 @ 07:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
vERBATIMS DVD+DL'S

Treepro Well The verbatim thing may just be a Local thing here or may be system- nationwide ? That's why I posyed it by the specific store location ! Yours maybe having different sales & or circumstances ? Good luck & happy Bargain hunting regardless !!!!
Did they have a lot of the verb DL, Toxy?

_
27. May 2010 @ 09:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
vERBATIMS DVD+DL'S

Did they have a lot of the verb DL, Toxy?
WELL ENOUGH DEPENDING HOW MANY DL'S YOU WANNA BURN {" lET'S GO SEE ??? } TO QUOTE STR TAR TREK "

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. May 2010 @ 14:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Toxy

Just got back from Sams(Seigen). They had just 3 stacks left. I would have bought all 3 but only one was MIS the others were MII. The price was right tho=$30/50. Thanks.
_
28. May 2010 @ 16:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Garmoon

Yeah I hear you ! I thought About Buying some myself The Price is right as they say ! But !!! and there is always a BUT isn't there ? I Figure it Like this { If I can Get SL verbatims for $0.18-25 cents ea. On sale And I'm a Burning Down the House to Qoute The " TALKING HEADS !!!!!" and I have have a Bad Burn I'll Be disappointed !!! But I can Just Burn another ! I can Burn 3 SL verbatims for the price of 1 Samsclub DVD+R DL clearance Verbatims ! I know we'un's hardly ever have a Bad Verbatim Burn that's a Media Problem ? but Still There's sQuatch -error and Equipment failure possiblities ect.... Basically I'm a Cheapskate & If I ruin a DVD+R DL @ $0.60 to $1.75 or so each I'd be really" Wee- Weed up !!!!"to Quote Mr. President . With a $0.18 Cent Verbatim SL Disc It's like If that does happen - It's an Unglorious Death For you my Circular Friend !!!! Shredder -Tyme !!!!! - and Grab another and Burn Kado Burn !!!!! Still I'm Glad You Got yours Though! Happy Trails Lil' Garfish-aroo !!!! Later Buddy !

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. May 2010 @ 16:58

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
28. May 2010 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I feel the same way. Though I do use my +R Dl's for AVCHD discs. I only trust my optiarcs to not screw up ;) Some of the best burns I've had have been from optiarcs. I thought my 7200S was going out yesterday. It made a funny sound, and slowed to 4X. But when I got the disc, and looked at it, either the shield or the rec Dye had imperfections on it. So the optiarc was attempting to adapt. But I threw out the disc. If the disc were ever scratched in that area...good luck reading it LOL!
DL's have their uses, but fairly rare EVEN for me now. I experimented with Bluray rips. Nothing more. I won't be touching too many more, until the BD-R's come down to under a dollar a disc. And they have to burn at at least 8X ;)

_
28. May 2010 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TDK DVD-R 16x

And to escape The Verbatim Quadrangle for a Parsec !The Verbatim Quadrangle sounds like a Episode of Star Tek Don't it ???? Buy>com Puts the TDK DVD+R's 16x On sale regularly For like $ 24.89 per 3 spindles of 50 {150 Disc } But Even when The Tdk 16x DVD-R's Go on sale as a 3fer {150 Disc }the price is much higher {$42.24} Current price Right now the DVD+R's are More expensive Than the DVD-R's {$46.24} But That's not the norm ? I just find it weird that most every other retailer sells DVD+R & DVD-R Media For The same Price ? Granted we're talking Retail {BRANDED } media here not Bulk Wholesale /Commercial Stuff Like Taiyo Yudens Ect... That I know The DVD+R's ARe always higher Priced !!!! It's No biggie I just Buy the DVD+R's when The Goes on sale !!!! But MY Litey Likes The DVD-R's Mo' Better !!!!" Curiouser and Curiouser To quote ALICE "

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
28. May 2010 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
Originally posted by FredBun:
Guys I need a little help here, I'm in the UK right now, a friend of mine took me to your PCWorld store, I was shocked at the price of the verb's, anyway as you most know we in the states have our newegg or supermediastore.com, do you guys in the the UK have a similar site we can order from with some descent prices, thanks.
If you're here long enough to wait a day or few for delivery there's http://www.svp.co.uk and http://www.amazon.co.uk
I don't know of any other places, in this country, as you've found with PC World, B&M stores basically cost way more for virtually everything, needless to say they don't get any of my business, regardless of convenience.

I was doing some example comparisons the other week as i'm pondering buying some discs (first time since 2007!). Here's what i came up with ~

SVP (delivery is 1-3 days, £5.98 + VAT included in the total)
400 Maxell +R £59.35 inc VAT
400 Ridisc +R £45.09 inc VAT
400 Verbs -R £73.66 inc VAT
400 Verbs +R £82.99 inc VAT

Amazon (free delivery)
400 Verbs + or -, £71.96 inc VAT

I use - and + discs equally, i have no preference, (haven't ever used any -R Maxell though) obviously Amazon is the best bet above for Verbs due to free delivery. SVP's delivery has a weight limit, can't remember what it is, basically it adjusts the total in the cart automatically when you hit the limit.

(for the last few years i've been happy as a pig in muck with Maxell +R coding out as CMC MAG M01 and the older RICOHJPNR03 too, not sure what Maxell code out as these days); i mostly use the Maxell for the kids, though also use a lot of them myself, never a problem with a disc, was just looking for something cheaper so was pondering the Ridisc instead of the Maxell. (Don't know if the Ridisc are actually any good, however have now finally got a new job so i'll be sticking with Maxell after all).

edit
- As much as i love Verbs, as i've had nothing but excellent results with the Maxell, i could just as easily give up using Verbs, so 800 Maxell from SVP work out to be £111.36 delivered, which includes a 2% discount due to buying 12 items (they've been out of stock of 100tub Maxell's for ages now, the price comparisons i posted above are all 100tubs for Verbs and 50tubs for Maxell's).

Creak thanks for the heads up, I'm replying late as I'm in Ukraine right now, and getting on the net is somewhat difficult and strange, I'll be heading back to the UK in the middle of July, I will use your info then.
_
30. May 2010 @ 07:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BESTBUY HAS SONY'S DVD+r'S / DVD-R'S

The sale @ BestBuy this week is Sony's for $12.99 per 50ct. cakebox/Spindle + tax of course ! had'nt been there lately but i'm assuming that these are M.I.T's { Made in Taiwan's only not M'I.J's {Made In Japan } { we can dream though ,can't we ?} or The Made In Malaysia / Indonesia's ? ones ? { I'd stick with MIT or MIJ personally !!!! OfficeDepot has the TDK DVD+R's & DVD-R'S 100ct. spindles for $16.99 ea. Their add is a little cryptic but I believe both the dash & plus are onsale at this pricepoint? OFficemax has the magnavox disc onsale for$8.99 per 50ct. tub FWIW That's it for now the Tdk's may be a better deal though ? Ciao Peace and Pizza !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. May 2010 @ 07:52

AfterDawn Addict
_
30. May 2010 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

The sale @ BestBuy this week is Sony's for $12.99 per 50ct. cakebox/Spindle + tax of course ! had'nt been there lately but i'm assuming that these are M.I.T's { Made in Taiwan's only not M'I.J's {Made In Japan } { we can dream though ,can't we ?} or The Made In Malaysia / Indonesia's ? ones ? { I'd stick with MIT or MIJ personally !!!! OfficeDepot has the TDK DVD+R's & DVD-R'S 100ct. spindles for $16.99 ea. Their add is a little cryptic but I believe both the dash & plus are onsale at this pricepoint? OFficemax has the magnavox disc onsale for$8.99 per 50ct. tub FWIW That's it for now the Tdk's may be a better deal though ? Ciao Peace and Pizza !!!!!!
Thanks BT69!!! :)

I'd go with the TDK's as well. Prolly AM3 (-R) and M01 (+R) discs. ;) Oh.. btw that's CMC MAG discs. :O

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
30. May 2010 @ 08:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:

I'd go with the TDK's as well. Prolly AM3 (-R) and M01 (+R) discs. ;) Oh.. btw that's CMC MAG discs. :O
I believe That's what they'll be I'd go with the DVD-R's Because A' My Litey Likes them Better and B. Because I'm Kind flush on the DVD+R's & The Litey Likes them but Not as Much ? { The DVD-r's TDK'S wil Hit 20X } and The TDK DVD+R'S will Just Go to 16x } & The Lirey just seems to like'em { DVD-R"s}a lil' bit MO ' Good Luck Greenie & Happy Bargain hunting !!!! Ciao Buddy !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. May 2010 @ 09:00

bratcher
_
30. May 2010 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:

The Magnavox discs are also CMC MAG.
_
31. May 2010 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Same codes as The TDK's ? Also - To all our Troops , All services and all Veterans On This Day And Everyday We Honor You , We Pray For You and Give Thanks For You !!!!!Actually You Honor us By your Service !!!!! Thank you all For Serving , Having served or Still serving " Blessed are The Peacemakers " We wish you Godspeed and safe Return ! God Bless You Guys and gals and your families and Again Thanks {PEACE!!!!!}

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
31. May 2010 @ 15:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Same codes as The TDK's ?
Yes I've seen the same CMC codes for both + & - R Magnavox & TDK discs.
bratcher
_
3. June 2010 @ 12:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I wonder if Microcenter did a mistake or a substitution on my order? I ordered this which is the value series for pickup in my store

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0328718

But instead got Verbatim's white inkjet discs

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0232422

for the value series $7.99 price when I went to pick up my order. The white inkjet packs go for $12.99 each so the almost $4 savings was a nice surprise!! They did have value series discs on display so I don't know what happened other tham maybe somebody might have picked out the wrong 50 packs (I had bought & recieved two 50 packs) of discs but then I also don't know why I got the price difference if the wrong discs were supplied to me. Doesn't really matter since I like to use white inkjet printable discs other than I wanted to find out for myself if the Verb value series discs have a CMC mid code instead of the Verb MCC one. If I wasn't so flush with discs right now as I also picked up two Hotan valuedisc white inkjet printable 100 packs for $14.99 off the damaged & returned goods isle which code out as CMC discs along with the Verbs I had ordered I'd run back for a Verb value series 50 pack off the shelf for the mid code test but there is no need for that now. Yes I could have pointed out the sub or error when I picked up the discs as the packaging is different but that didn't matter much to me at the time.
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. June 2010 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good deal at Meritline for Taiyo Yuden media guy 16.99 per 100

http://www.meritline.com/jvc-valueline-d...hq_v=2ba293037c

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
3. June 2010 @ 16:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Excellent recording dye's, poor writing surface :( They finger print too easy. Which is why I LOVE Verbatim branded discs :D
Excellent deal though.

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
4. June 2010 @ 09:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[b]I guess I can't Argue With That?[b]

To be Fair The Shiney'S { OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shiney !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!} Are Mainly Made For Thermal Printing But You know that Already ! } And are'nt made to Be Constantly Looked at as one might a Inkjet Printable or Lightscribed disc Might ? And also For Cost Personally Having Used Verbatims and The Taiyo yUDEN sHINEY'S I prefer The Label / Writing Surface of The Branded / retail Verbatims For Sharpie Writing But I can , could, And have Lived with The Taiyo Thermals and sharpies ! But I do concur That The Thermal Taiyo's do tend to show fingerprints quite well ! With Good and even Great quality DVD media so available for Quite affordable prices ! I find or perhaps should say I have Found It's the Minutae of Detail that separates one From another ? As long as we're talking Media of Comparable qualities and not say Reject Duplicator Grade Media versus Taiyo or Verbatims? Things like Writing Surface Type & Area , Media Consistency , Availability , Brand reputation ect... What's The Old saying " The Devils In the details ?" I say Buy quality media & use what you and your Drives Like & works best for you later Gang CiaO !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. June 2010 @ 10:07

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork