User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 19:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. June 2010 @ 23:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher,
Others from the same cake box work fine, as do the 16x -R Verbs. I'm pretty sure it's the DVDs themselves. I've had too many good scans with the same Verbs!

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
26. June 2010 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Russ, did you get those verbs from Newegg or Rob? If Rob, where did he get them, and how long ago. That makes me nervous man! Because every one that I've scanned looks really good, but I obviously don't scan them all. But I don't watch them all either. I just trust that my backup went well! TY's I never worry about. Even the dark splotches on the dyes seem to burn ok. Their failures are on the high side, but every burner can read them, and dvd players don't seem to mind them. I've even seen some industry DVD-ROM's with less than perfect dyes. Essentially, I don't worry about the dyes, if the burner doesn't slow down during the burning process. If they slow down, it means they're attempting to adapt due to a flaw in the dye ;) Or buffer underrun. But I generally don't see buffer underrun anymore. My configuration is extremely intelligent, and really doesn't allow for buffer underrun. Unless I don't de-fragment often enough ;)

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
_
26. June 2010 @ 12:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
Brather so far so good , they code out as TYGO3s and are burning fine and scan fine, heres a look

[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. June 2010 @ 12:24

_
18. July 2010 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
18. July 2010 @ 14:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I know, it's been a bit slow in the postings lately. Where are all of the media sales??
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. July 2010 @ 15:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's some for -R fans

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005

$19.99 w/Free shipping

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
18. July 2010 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not bad russ. To save some pennies, I may just have to switch to -R's for a while, and see how they do ;)

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
bratcher
_
18. July 2010 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Not bad russ. To save some pennies, I may just have to switch to -R's for a while, and see how they do ;)
They should burn just fine...
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. July 2010 @ 12:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office Max . . .

Verbatim DVDs

100 for $21.99

. . and if you click on "Receive Extra Savings" below the weekly ad
you will save an additional $5 discount

The total price will be $16.99 + tax for 100 Verbs

Get 'em before I do
_
19. July 2010 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well a couple of weeks ago Big lots /odd lots stores had Verbatim Life series DVD+R &DVD-R 50 Ct. spindles for $10.00 ea. FWIW but that sale is over I believe! I picked up Some more of The TDK DVD+R @ buy.com 3 x 50 ct. spindles for $22.99 on 07/12/2010 but alas I believe that sale too is over ? Buy .coms eems to put TDK dvd+r on sale in the three spindles set up really regular @ about $24.00- $25.00 ish area ? I just wish they'd do the DVD-R Tdk's instead @ that price but they won't Oh Well !!! there's alway the Officedepot sale Right ? anyway Glad we've all woke up LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao y'all !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. July 2010 @ 12:58

dr_ml422
_
20. July 2010 @ 19:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys! Thnx for keeping this thread alive as always. Been setting up and working on my new PS3 Slim/1080P HDTV Home Network.

Great news! I found out by accident that I could just burn all my backed up .iso DVDs onto a Blank and then just rip them onto a HDD to get at the VTS Folder for any encoding. I thought I was limited to just viewing them after a burn, and had no idea this could be done. So I will be needing mucho more blanks soon here.

Also what I've been waiting for finally arrived!

http://l2.microcentermail.com/C2L/er.asp...Fklj_-evUTVXyfM

This will make shopping a way bit easier at times. Anyhow, hope all is well and that everyone had a very Happy Belated Fourth as well as enjoying this heat.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
bratcher
_
20. July 2010 @ 19:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Hi guys! Thnx for keeping this thread alive as always. Been setting up and working on my new PS3 Slim/1080P HDTV Home Network.

Great news! I found out by accident that I could just burn all my backed up .iso DVDs onto a Blank and then just rip them onto a HDD to get at the VTS Folder for any encoding. I thought I was limited to just viewing them after a burn, and had no idea this could be done. So I will be needing mucho more blanks soon here.

Also what I've been waiting for finally arrived!

http://l2.microcentermail.com/C2L/er.asp...Fklj_-evUTVXyfM

This will make shopping a way bit easier at times. Anyhow, hope all is well and that everyone had a very Happy Belated Fourth as well as enjoying this heat.
Your going to love having a Microcenter within driving distance for buying DVD & CD media!! Sometimes they are cheaper than buying edia online....
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. July 2010 @ 20:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know why youse guys are buying all these blank DVDs because I haven't seen too much even to waste a $.20 blank on. Pretty slim pickings. At this rate I won't run out for years. LMAO. This place is getting pretty dead in the DVD forum side. It's just tooooo easy to back up a DVD. Later dudes.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. July 2010 @ 20:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the movies are slim but there still are a few goods ones Garmoon.

BTW i need a favor from you guys, actually it would be for Fengtao.this guy on e-bay keeps listing/selling dvdfab i have reported him to e-bay and contacted dvdfab. and every few days he keeps re-listing it. if someone else other than me would report the guy I'm sure they would ban his account . his sold probably 20 plus pirated copies of dvdfab here is his e-bay page. so lets help out Fengtao and please report the idiot

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ck&myworld=true

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
_
20. July 2010 @ 22:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
RUNNING IN CYCLES

No I did'nt mispell circle ? I meant Cycles - it Seems like The Media sales Run in Cycles ? We'll have Really excellent & or Atleast Good Media { Talking Retail Here ) Brand names You Know Like Verbatim / Sony / Tdk ect... For like 2- 3 weeks in a row and then we'll Get anywhere from 1-3 weeks of No Media sales Or Off Brands / Memorex ect... - I generally Stay away from Store brands ! my 1 exception was Officedepot's Media But since they've pretty much quit selling their own branded media { Riteks & Ricohjpns } under the skin . Those Days are Gone !! Memorex Well I'm aware of Their Somewhat checkered past & reputation So I can't say I've used Them either . They Memorex Seem to go on sale on those Off weeks of No Decent dvd media Sales Either Them or Store /off-Brand stuff Like Dynex ect... We need atleast two things to really Keep this thread afloat 1.0 A person or persons with Newspaper Connections Like Jasper 44 had - So we can get the jump on upcoming sales - in advance !!! Also A upadted Post either here or separately of The Currently Available DVD media { mid codes } atleast for the 16X Stuff anyways ? Though Other speeds would be nice if we could swing it ? I realixe that Mfr's. Change their Media OEM's quicker Than a Women In a dress shop changes Her mind { We love ya's Ladies - Much Respect } But I?m saying We could try To stay on top of it as far as Human { in your cases anyway } or { sQuatchly } in Mine Possible ? That way On the Off chance That your/ my / our favorite media isn't available We could have an alternative choice or A Choice For Giveaways { family , Kids ect ... ] That's Good But Say not Verbatims , Taiyo Yuden-Jvc , Sony ect... I know I talk Type too much But It's so lonely here in the swamp LOL !!! sad But True !!!!! Anyhows I'll Try to keep track of Sales AFIC and will post 'em if they are'nt already up ? Till Then Guy's gals Keep the Postings Coming - Ciao Daddio !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
20. July 2010 @ 22:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OOPS!!!!!

I almost Forgot About this ! FWIW & FYI - Big LoT's / Oddlots' Stores That great place for Inveterate Movie/DVD collectors Like us ! or Is That Inverterbrate DVD collectors ? I get those two confused ? You can go on their website and actually look up what movies They'll have onsale ? while neither I nor They can Guarantee that every store will have every title It's a Good Idea anyway ? here's a Link I think ? It's in a PDF file Just thought yoou'd like to know !!!!!

http://www.biglots.com/Specials/item.aspx?cid=15&scid=49&iid=8383

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. July 2010 @ 10:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Office Max . . .

Verbatim DVDs

100 for $21.99

. . and if you click on "Receive Extra Savings" below the weekly ad
you will save an additional $5 discount

The total price will be $16.99 + tax for 100 Verbs

Get 'em before I do

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
_
22. July 2010 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FWIW

Don't know if anyones still using the maxells but this seems like a decent price ? @ buy .com Maxell DVD+R 4.7GB 16X 200pk Media Spindle - 2x100 Pack - 639016-KIT
Buy.com Total Price:
$34.99
As for me I'll probably wait for the TDk's DVD+R's to go onsale again & I'm sure they will soon and @ the risk of sounding Lke a Deffective CD { nobody listens to records anymore } I wish they'd put the TDK DVD-R's On sale in the 3 X 50ct. deal like the DVD+R's for $23.00-$25.00 dollars I'd be on dat' like a Duck on a June bug Cher'!!!!!!!!!! Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. July 2010 @ 11:39

bratcher
_
22. July 2010 @ 12:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office Depot TDK + / - R 50 pack $14.99, 100 pack $21.99. Not sure when this sale is over but I saw it yesterday. Not much of a price break!!
_
22. July 2010 @ 13:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
FWIW

Don't know if anyones still using the maxells but this seems like a decent price ? @ buy .com Maxell DVD+R 4.7GB 16X 200pk Media Spindle - 2x100 Pack - 639016-KIT
Buy.com Total Price:
$34.99
As for me I'll probably wait for the TDk's DVD+R's to go onsale again & I'm sure they will soon and @ the risk of sounding Lke a Deffective CD { nobody listens to records anymore } I wish they'd put the TDK DVD-R's On sale in the 3 X 50ct. deal like the DVD+R's for $23.00-$25.00 dollars I'd be on dat' like a Duck on a June bug Cher'!!!!!!!!!! Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Supermedia Store .com has the JVC Taiyo Yuden disks for $19.99 100 pack free shipping.
http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...ain%20Bonanzas!

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. July 2010 @ 16:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@bigtoxy

Quote:
Duck on a June bug Cher'!!!!!!!!!!
Where I grew up dat would be Sha! lol
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. July 2010 @ 16:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Taiyo Yuden 100 pack 19.99

BTW as of late these DVDs are scanning out lots better

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
_
22. July 2010 @ 19:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
Taiyo Yuden 100 pack 19.99

BTW as of late these DVDs are scanning out lots better
Just ordered some, the last two batches I've had have been the 8X variety, not the 16X.

AfterDawn Addict
_
22. July 2010 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
blivetNC, IMO i think they flushed out the TYGO2s out of the system and alot of them were sub-par and now that we have just the TYGO3s were good to go! here is a good scan

[img]img843.imageshack.us/i/screenshot004.png/]
[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/img]

BTW they run the 200 pack for 38.75 about once a month

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. July 2010 @ 20:17

Advertisement
_
__

_
dr_ml422
_
22. July 2010 @ 21:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was just about to post them Maxells from Buy.com. I think that's a great deal and maxells are not that bad, especially if Prodisc makes them. I'm going to need some blanks soon. Let me see what microcenter has right now.

Well egg has these Verbs free shipping!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005

I can live w/those Maxells ttytt. Giveaways especially.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. July 2010 @ 21:55

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork