User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 05:23
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
23. February 2010 @ 01:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
23. February 2010 @ 02:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GM seemed to think, that if "PAP" were in the inner hub, it would mean that it at least could be a CMC MAG disc.
Gm, if I have misunderstood you, I sincerely apologize.

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. February 2010 @ 09:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't think they will be JVC-TY, just yet, maybe in name only. It's going 2 take a little time to sell the old inventory of JVC. AT LEAST A COUPLE OF WEEKS B4 jvcTY starts to show up, I'm assuming
_
23. February 2010 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
GM seemed to think, that if "PAP" were in the inner hub, it would mean that it at least could be a CMC MAG disc.
Gm, if I have misunderstood you, I sincerely apologize.
Well, isn't it either PAPA or PAP6? So, either way you'll have PAP in there one way or the other. I still have a bunch of older stock and it's both PAPA and PAP6 and so far it always come up MCC004 but it is older stock. Not sure what they're doing now?

AfterDawn Addict
_
23. February 2010 @ 19:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@oman7

You'll not like the JVC TY 03 +Rs that I got from SMS. Still waiting on the busted 50pack that UPS came out and picked up along with box. But try them I'd like to see some of those scans from you. Mine have gotten slightly better but not great.
_
23. February 2010 @ 23:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Speaking of busted, today I got my 4 one hundred packs of verbs from OfficeMax I ordered, they were 4 spindles in plastic containers, you know just the same you would pick up in the store, everyone was cracked and the bottom of all four were shattered, the only thing that keeped them all together was the wrapping, man was I pissed.

I checked all of them and lucky enough none of the disc's were damaged, but still no excuse in the way they came, UPS delivered them, I have never had that kind of complete damage before, there gonna hear from me.

Because of the snows here in the northeast they are about 2 weeks behind in the Philly suburbs and three weeks behind in Philly, so there now flying like crazy to catch up, and I can see how packages are being thrown around and miss-handled.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. February 2010 @ 23:42

rc1489
_
23. February 2010 @ 23:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got my money back from my credit card co after the way i was treated by SUPER MEDIA, THEY ARE THE WORST, UPS had nothing to do with what was inside the box,

SUPER MEDIA said they were refunding me my total amount, Then they never did, no way i'll ever go there again.,, Their customer relations is the pitz.
rc

HAVE SOME FUN

GO USA

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. February 2010 @ 23:40

_
23. February 2010 @ 23:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats a shame, your one of the few that had a problem with them, I never had and neither anybody I know never has, normally there always on the ball.
rc1489
_
24. February 2010 @ 00:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've purchased many i,000's of $ on the net in the last 10 years and i have never seen anyone with their head in the sand like this outfit.

CASE OVER, I'm done there.

Rc
lol but i would never reco them
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. February 2010 @ 00:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's the latest offering from Verbatim!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003

This is what they claim! Advanced AZO recording dye optimizes read/write performance. I'm going to see if I can get some to test!

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
24. February 2010 @ 10:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u...alue-line-100pk

it dont get much better than this. $122 for 600 TY's sweet. im so close to getting them. i have to decide on these or the 4gb of mem i want..lol

18.99 for 100 verbs after a MIR.. hell thats still $4 more than i can get them in the BM...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. February 2010 @ 10:54

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. February 2010 @ 16:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@rob

What B&M store can you get 100 Verb +Rs for $15? Best I ever did was $12 for a 50 cake box. $24 / 100! LOL Maybe I'm not a good shopper. I hope SMS will ship those more protected, than my order of 200 JVC TYs, that arrived damaged.
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. February 2010 @ 16:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
@rob

What B&M store can you get 100 Verb +Rs for $15? Best I ever did was $12 for a 50 cake box. $24 / 100! LOL Maybe I'm not a good shopper. I hope SMS will ship those more protected, than my order of 200 JVC TYs, that arrived damaged.
The best I've seen them at is $19.99 per 100!! :)

I bet he's counting his "cartridge" trade-in on those. :P

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. February 2010 @ 16:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If anyone takes my carts back for trade in they're crazy. $1.60 generics! Rob's paying too much ink. LOL
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. February 2010 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Every couple of months, I get a letter from Office Max that has 2 coupons good for $10 off of any purchase of $30 or more.

I've been using them to purchase the Verbs when they are $19.99/100

I can get 400 discs for $63.56 'out the door' using the coupons . . .

(of course I have to make 2 trips but the OM is only about a mile and a half from my house . . .)

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
24. February 2010 @ 16:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You all pay too much for ink...

I have refillable, and they work just as good :D

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
_
24. February 2010 @ 16:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catgreak, I do the same deal, and omeg, your right, I also do the same with my ink, I havent bought brand name cartridges in years and never had a problem.
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
24. February 2010 @ 21:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Why does everybody use the plain DVDs, When the White face look so much better, usually the same price . Even if U use a Marks-A-Lot.
Who knows it might even convince U to buy a Printer that Prints directly to the DVD. Which I promise looks a helluva lot better, even in plain text
_
25. February 2010 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rick5446- Well Neither Can I claim to Nor Do I speak For everybody But I can Givean opinion/ educated Guess ? I use The Regular surface or Plain Disc as you called them because A/ I'm Thrifty { read A Cheapskate here } and I'm Already Going through Consumables ( Disc , Paper Ink/Toner Ect . Fast enough already !!!! I print Covers using a Laser Printer and Economize on The Cost of Paper and INk there !!! , But if I were Doing it like I used Too Inkjet & Photo paper {For the DVD case Covers ) My cost would increase and If I were Using Printable Dvd's& Cd's I would Go Through Inkjet Ink even faster !!!!! assuming that I had a Inkjet Printer that could Print on Disc of course ! I'm not denying a well Done Printed disc with Good artwork is an Attractive option ! but My feeling is if I'm only going to see the disc for maybe 5 seconds when pulling it out of the case and putting it in a player and then back again why go to all the extravagance ? { Buy Printable disc More expensive than The plain Disc , Buy a Disc capable printer added expense , your going to go through ink faster too so mo' money, mo'money there too !!!! - Hey If it's something really special I can Lightscribe the Disc if I care too I hear they have Different Color Verbatim Lightscribe Disc now too So that would make it a little more snazzy & Yeah I know that would be More expensive than non lightscribe Disc too !!! - But It's like the Ice-Cream Analogy Some people like Chocolate , Some like Vanilla , and Somepeople Like Strawberry only !!! And some people Like Neoploitan ( all Three Together } So It's like that Whatever Works Best For you Is Great For You !!! For Me A Sharpie Pen will Do A majority of the Time With Lightscribe Possibly FIlling in the Gap for Special Projects !!! - I'm Not saying My way is the best way or the only way or the better way It just works for Me !!!! - Like your way works for You I suppose ! - In either case Good luck & happy Burning My friend !

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. February 2010 @ 12:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry for the delayed response.

i can get the 8x+r verbs at microcenter for 18.99 per 100
and they have sales on the 16x+r verbs for $15 at least once every other week. i know thats not alot of sales but it is still better than waiting for them to be shipped and risk being damaged or lost. and it helps when they are so close.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. February 2010 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
If anyone takes my carts back for trade in they're crazy. $1.60 generics! Rob's paying too much ink. LOL
i haven't bought name brand ink in over 2 years. well an occasional black or yellow while waiting for shipment of my generics..lol

and since the last time i went to office max and they only let me use 3 carts at once, i havent been back. i used to get all the ink carts i wanted from my old job from people there and take them in, but now i dont work there anymore(thank god) and OM only allows 3 carts at once. so heck with them,,
bratcher
_
25. February 2010 @ 18:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
sorry for the delayed response.

i can get the 8x+r verbs at microcenter for 18.99 per 100
and they have sales on the 16x+r verbs for $15 at least once every other week. i know thats not alot of sales but it is still better than waiting for them to be shipped and risk being damaged or lost. and it helps when they are so close.
If you mean the silver shiny 8x +R Verbs then my local microcenter is running low on them. 47 in stock at $19.99 each & I don't see them trying to restock any more. I've used them in my Magnavox standalone DVD recorder that hooked up to the cable DVR & they give wonderful results. They even burn well in the computer.

They have 100 packs of Valuedisc (16x) at $15.99 each but my local Microcenter is almost out of them too & they are not restocking them either. These are silver/matte CMC discs in cardboard & tape wrap. I've also used those in the Magnavox & they record plus play back very well.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. February 2010 @ 19:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
They have 100 packs of Valuedisc (16x) at $15.99 each but my local Microcenter is almost out of them too & they are not restocking them either. These are silver/matte CMC discs in cardboard & tape wrap. I've also used those in the Magnavox & they record plus play back very well.
i havent seen any of the 16x valuedisc verbs here at my micorcenter YET. i will be there tomorrow and see what they have.
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. February 2010 @ 20:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well said BigToxy, I think!LOL

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. February 2010 @ 20:25

Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
25. February 2010 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
Originally posted by bratcher:
i havent seen any of the 16x valuedisc verbs here at my micorcenter YET. i will be there tomorrow and see what they have.
Maybe yours didn't get any or they ran out before you got there. The Houston Microcenter has about 7 left & they had several hundred 2 months ago.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork