User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 07:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
28. February 2010 @ 17:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is memorex still garbage or is it ok now? ive been away from the forumss for a while and just noticed people talking about tdk cmc mags being ok, just curious.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2010 @ 18:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@dr_ml422

That's $19.95 + 9% sales tax + $1.25 half gallon of gas. LOL for those OD Riteks masquerading as TDKs.

@olamite

Not sure about Memorex- if they're still CMC Mags probably OK if cheap.
dr_ml422
_
28. February 2010 @ 18:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
@dr_ml422

That's $19.95 + 9% sales tax + $1.25 half gallon of gas. LOL for those OD Riteks masquerading as TDKs.

Lol... That's not bad. I think I'll be able to get the same for about 9% Sales tax also and if I choose to use the transfer from the Metrocard to just pay 1 way for the train.

Is that coding different than the straight up Riteks that come on sale by Ridata? They could code out differently correct?

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2010 @ 20:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
That w/tax included or no tax down your way? That's a very good deal as well, and I'm just about down to my last JVC TYS 50 PK. I just would knock myself in the head if the 19.99 Verbs come out here soon.

Ritek coding better than CMC MAG? Sale ends 3/6/10. Just checked ad.

dr_m1422,
CMC Magnetics, is the company that nearly put Memorex out of business! Their most famous accomplishment! LOL!! I wouldn't trust them myself!

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2010 @ 21:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
That w/tax included or no tax down your way? That's a very good deal as well, and I'm just about down to my last JVC TYS 50 PK. I just would knock myself in the head if the 19.99 Verbs come out here soon.

dr_m1422,
CMC Magnetics, is the company that nearly put Memorex out of business! Their most famous accomplishment! LOL!! I wouldn't trust them myself!

Best Regards,
Russ
I absolutely disagree. CMC MAG may have produced some "inferior" media at one time but their media is up to par with Ritek, Sony, and MCC if you ask me. I think the WORST media produced by them had some LASER issues or something. Joe Ryan is a better source for this information but most of the QUALITY media back then was coming from Japan IIRC. :) So they kind of "avoided" CMC MAG for f/w perfection so to say. ;)

Of course you have to LOOK at Memorex for buying SECONDS as well... You know how that goes at times... the REAL thing is sold under their own name and the SECONDS are scooped up by the "profit" seeking cheap b@st@rds. :p

Their is also the company that "outsources" their product to another company like MCC. They have Prodisc and CMC MAG to create all that media. :)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
28. February 2010 @ 21:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon- You Tell'em There Garfish !!!!!- J/K Garmoon ! Hope I dis'nt stir up a Hornets Nest With The Whole TDK 16X OfficeDepot Sales Thing ? That's what I've Been Doing With The ones I've Bought Too ! giveaways And Non-critical Projects { Public Domain STuff ect... } Thinking About Picking up a Spindle or three More at that Price !! F-16's I got Mammy !!! every other time or so OD put theirs on sale I was there Dude !!!! But I think I'll Stick With The DVD-R 's For now On the TDk cause I've Got The F-16's Already for one and The TDK DVD-R's Seem to Burn really Well In My External Litey for Two !!! and For three I Have'nt Gotten any Complaints yet on my Giveaways so Something must be working Right ? anyway My Friend Good luck & happy Burning Whatever You Use Ciao!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. February 2010 @ 21:48

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2010 @ 22:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:

dr_m1422,

Best Regards,
Russ
I absolutely disagree. CMC MAG may have produced some "inferior" media at one time but their media is up to par with Ritek, Sony, and MCC if you ask me. I think the WORST media produced by them had some LASER issues or something. Joe Ryan is a better source for this information but most of the QUALITY media back then was coming from Japan IIRC. :) So they kind of "avoided" CMC MAG for f/w perfection so to say. ;)

Of course you have to LOOK at Memorex for buying SECONDS as well... You know how that goes at times... the REAL thing is sold under their own name and the SECONDS are scooped up by the "profit" seeking cheap b@st@rds. :p

Their is also the company that "outsources" their product to another company like MCC. They have Prodisc and CMC MAG to create all that media. :)

GM,
I can only go by my own experience with them. I tried them as far back as 06, they sucked! Tried them again in 07, and they sucked. I tried them for the final time in early 09 and they still sucked! Every DVD I ever burned on Memorex DVDs has had to be replaced. I store all my DVDs in a cool dark place, and I'm very careful with them, so handling is not the issue. Maybe I was just unlucky, but their track record for me, is very poor!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. February 2010 @ 22:23

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
28. February 2010 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I know what you mean russ. Philips brand of anything has a P!$$ poor history with me. Everything I touch of theirs seems to go to to the crapper LOL! Though others have said they're fine. Those same people don't like sony, but I swear by sony :D

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
_
28. February 2010 @ 23:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah You can Get a Gem or a Turd In any Product or Brand it's whether They consistantly lay Golden Eggs or Rotten Eggs That's The Crux of The Biscuit as Zappa Would Say!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2010 @ 23:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

GM,
I can only go by my own experience with them. I tried them as far back as 06, they sucked! Tried them again in 07, and they sucked. I tried them for the final time in early 09 and they still sucked! Every DVD I ever burned on Memorex DVDs has had to be replaced. I store all my DVDs in a cool dark place, and I'm very careful with them, so handling is not the issue. Maybe I was just unlucky, but their track record for me, is very poor!

Russ
Russ I think you missed some of what I was saying. ;) NOT that Memorex is all that good but saying that CMC MAG almost put them out of business is far fetching if you ask me.

I don't think or believe that CMC MAG produces the best media but it's NOT as bad as some make it out to be. It's better than Ritek or RICOHJPN if you ask me (of course from experience) and a HELL of a lot better than MBI CR@P!!!

Like Oman7 said the discs that Philips uses is sub-par for sure... but again you have to look at what they are buying.. is it first rate media from said company or seconds?? TY has some of the best media available and they even have "seconds".. yep... VALUELINE is their seconds from what I understand but it's bETTER media than most out there... :)

I'm NOT telling you to buy Memorex media... I DON'T use it normally but I've used it in the past... so I know what they have. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
28. February 2010 @ 23:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yah gm. In fact, the worst dvds to date that I ever used were Philips dvd+r's. Their max speed was 2.4X. I picked up a 50 pack for 8$. Which was a steal at the time. Now I wouldn't touch them with a 50Ft pole LOL! Only 3/5 burned O-K...

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. March 2010 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Yah gm. In fact, the worst dvds to date that I ever used were Philips dvd+r's. Their max speed was 2.4X. I picked up a 50 pack for 8$. Which was a steal at the time. Now I wouldn't touch them with a 50Ft pole LOL! Only 3/5 burned O-K...
Worst... Imation MBI CR@P!!!! About 80% write rate and about 25%-40% failure rate within a few months!!! Give-a-ways for sure but hell I hated to give them away... should have been THROWN away immediately!! :(

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
1. March 2010 @ 00:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL! Yah. I had some Imations too. They were just about as bad. I forget the Disc ID. I'll post a scan in the scan thread ;)

dr_ml422
_
1. March 2010 @ 07:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ greensman I've also read that CMC MAG have come a long way from their inception. Now I'm confused though. You mean that the OD Discs coding out as Ritek F-16 or w/e are not as good as if they coded out as CMC MAG?

Or there's a difference between the coding and the company as you said CMC MAG prolly produces better stuff than RITEK/Ricoh Japan?

I ask because I wasn't at all thrilled about the Ritek I bought last time that if not burned at 8x would basically be useless. So before I even go get me some of those OD Discs some clarification is appreciated. Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. March 2010 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@greensman

You think that TY is using it's valueline discs and packaging them as the NEW JVC Premium grade? They are not up to par as the TY T02s. Never burned a TY 03 as a labeled TY.

Is there a ring number to tell valueline from premium TYs?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. March 2010 @ 08:02

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. March 2010 @ 08:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ greensman I've also read that CMC MAG have come a long way from their inception. Now I'm confused though. You mean that the OD Discs coding out as Ritek F-16 or w/e are not as good as if they coded out as CMC MAG?

Or there's a difference between the coding and the company as you said CMC MAG prolly produces better stuff than RITEK/Ricoh Japan?

I ask because I wasn't at all thrilled about the Ritek I bought last time that if not burned at 8x would basically be useless. So before I even go get me some of those OD Discs some clarification is appreciated. Thnx.
ok... lemme try to "clarify". lol. I think that CMC MAG is WAY better than they used to be because either the f/w developed now is better or the discs themselves are better. Either way CMC MAG seems to produce better results. ;) DO I think that CMC MAG is better than Ritek?? A small yes is all I can answer here, but remember just like other members here I've had BETTER luck with CMC MAG than with Ritek or vice versa... it's about personal experiences and the ONLY Ritek media that did well for me was the 8X DVD+R stuff a few years ago...

I've purchased CMC MAG AM3 stuff in 3 different varieties (branded under 3 companies that is) and they've been outstanding performers for me!!! Actually prefer them over any Ritek or RICOHJPN disc there is. :D

NOW to your last "question"... lol. I haven't purchased any OD discs in some time now... the last discs I "grabbed" from there where some Ativa DVD-R 16X discs that coded as CMC MAG AM3 and I think that I had 2-3 that "messed" up... my fault or the discs fault it was a good experience!! btw... I still have the cake box and it says 'Memorex Products Inc' on the top... if anyone would like a pix I'll provide. :D

NOW.... waiting for the CMC MAG haters... :p

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. March 2010 @ 08:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
@greensman

You think that TY is using it's valueline discs and packaging them as the NEW JVC Premium grade? They are not up to par as the TY T02s. Never burned a TY 03 as a labeled TY.

Is there a ring number to tell valueline from premium TYs?
GARmoonY I don't think that TY is "forcing" valueline discs on us thru JVC. lol. I think that their reputation in on the line thru JVC and they would/should protect that with their best stuff. ;)

I agree.... the T03 stuff isn't as good as the T02 but WHAT is??? :p

Don't know of anyway to "tell" from valueline to premium except for the "selling" or "marketing" of said product online. :-/

dr_ml422
_
1. March 2010 @ 09:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:

ok... lemme try to "clarify". lol. I think that CMC MAG is WAY better than they used to be because either the f/w developed now is better or the discs themselves are better. Either way CMC MAG seems to produce better results. ;) DO I think that CMC MAG is better than Ritek?? A small yes is all I can answer here, but remember just like other members here I've had BETTER luck with CMC MAG than with Ritek or vice versa... it's about personal experiences and the ONLY Ritek media that did well for me was the 8X DVD+R stuff a few years ago...

I've purchased CMC MAG AM3 stuff in 3 different varieties (branded under 3 companies that is) and they've been outstanding performers for me!!! Actually prefer them over any Ritek or RICOHJPN disc there is. :D

NOW to your last "question"... lol. I haven't purchased any OD discs in some time now... the last discs I "grabbed" from there where some Ativa DVD-R 16X discs that coded as CMC MAG AM3 and I think that I had 2-3 that "messed" up... my fault or the discs fault it was a good experience!! btw... I still have the cake box and it says 'Memorex Products Inc' on the top... if anyone would like a pix I'll provide. :D

NOW.... waiting for the CMC MAG haters... :p
Thnx for the clarification. I'm going to hold off on these OD discs. Maybe some Verbies will be on sale here soon.

_
1. March 2010 @ 10:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
greensman- He's Big , He's Green !!!!, He's A Lean Mean Mulching Machine !!!!!, Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad Right Buddy ??? ! J/K GreenIe !!!! Anyhow It's a Lively and informative Discussion anyways !!!! - Whether The CMC MAG Am3's Are Better Than Riteks's Or Ricohjpns ? From A measuremnt Standpoint I can't say ? Not bieng set up for all that jazz anyways ! To Me The Proof of the Pie is in The eating is it noT? So far the 70-80 something Tdk DVD-R 16x's That I've burned Have all burned well & playback great & all were Burned @ 20X according to my external Litey ? I look at them as atleast equal to or possibly better than the Riteks and Use them like I used the riteks { giveaways /family Freebies ,Public domain stuff ect...} If It's something I absolutely want to be sure will be around on down the line I get the taiyo yuden, verbatims or sony's out That's just my opinion though & like Belly Buttons and Noses everyones got their own ! On the Taiyo Yuden Valueline thing I would'nt call them Seconds in the truest sense it's just a slight measurement difference ! it's like two kids in school take the same test one makes a 100 and the other makes say 92 is one really that much smarter than the other ? personally Though I have'nt bought any in awhile I never had anything but good things to say about Taiyo Yudens Valuelines Any Failed Disc If I had any were SasQuatch errors and not the medias fault !!! And as someone else said Even if Valueline Is their Second Tier Media It's still Better than Most compnies 1st tier Disc !!!!! - regardless Good luck with whatever you'se Guys & gals Choose to Burn - Peace & Beware of The Lizard People My Brothers !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. March 2010 @ 10:10

dr_ml422
_
1. March 2010 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ BIG So when you say you look at them as better as the Riteks are you saying better than the OD coding out as Riteks or the straight up Ritkes by Ridata etc...? That's what I was looking for. Unless the coding out as Riteks means they are the same as the Ritek branded discs by ridata.

rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
1. March 2010 @ 11:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hear of late I've been taking MKVs of an enormous size any where from 4 to 8 gig. runnig them through SUPER at a biterate of 3984(3.59gig)
Then using TSMuxer (which adds about 300MB to its size)to make a Blu-ray
that fits a 4.36 Disc and plays as a Blu-ray in most Player
You need to know the Video Scale Size that your player plays and can be changed it in SUPER
I'VE TRULY NOT BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN THE Quality
KING KONG which was an 8gig 2:30min movie, looks just as good at 4.gig as the 8gig MKV
Same with G.I Joe
The only things I change R the AAC & DTS Sound to AC3 5.1,which is considerably smaller then DTS by about 300mb. Naturally aac won't play as Blu-ray only P2P
Russ turned me on to a method that also works great for any Stand Alone Player
Run it through ConvertX as a DVD9,or Custom 9000+. Then through DVD Rebuilder. Which produces a DVD with Superior Quality of a regular DVD, ABOUT 98% MKV quality
I bit the Bullet and boughT some D/L FOR ANYTHING larger, which I'm going to try

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. March 2010 @ 11:34

TreePro
_
1. March 2010 @ 14:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, my first post but, I read AfterDawn everyday for years.
I have recently bought Verbatim from CompUSA in store(says not available online) on sale $14.99 reg. price $19.99. Pack of 100 -R. They have a manufacturer ID: RITEKF1. Since reading about Ritek, good and bad will being they are sold by Verbatim can I expect they will be of equal quality of the printables +R I buy at Sam's Club for $29.30 and manufacturer ID MCC and Media code 004 ? Sam's Club Verbatims burned over 2000 and only 3 or 4 coasters. Will Ritek play in 10 years? I have burned several so far flawlessly, same burn time as Sam's, same picture quality that I can tell, no skips, color fading. Both are 16X and I burn at 8X, 6 to 9 min burn time. Like the price but want same quality or will buy at Sam's. Here's CompUSA link http://www.compusa.com/applications/sear...p?EdpNo=5483759 Thanks I Love this site
_
1. March 2010 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- What I was saying Most likely not as Brilliantly as some and Probably not as Eloquently either is that So far I would put The TDK 16X DVD-R'S / CMC MAG AM3'S To the same Uses I would use Riteks & Ricoh's For Giveaways -Family Freebies Public domain Stuff ect.. And Having Burned Through about 70-80 something -ish of Them { TDK 16x-ers ) They seem To be Pretty Decent ! IMHO anyways ! so Far They've worked out well ! AreThey Better Than Riteks and Ricoh's ? Like I said Earlier Not being Set up to Measure The Differences I just go by The Burn And Learn approach ! I burned some to see if My burners and Myself Like them ! But just going On Gut instinct I'd say they are atleast as Good as Riteks For my purposes If that helpsd you ? Would I pick them over Riteks ? Maybe Depending on Price ? But assuming the price was the same or close Icould be happy with these !!! - On Your Ritek , Ridata , Officedepot ect... Question ? Which I think you were Asking The same question I asked awhile back ? basically Are The Riteks That Ritek sells under The Ritek/ Ridata Label as Good or Better than Whatever Brand That Ritek Is Making Disc For OEM at the time ? Well I would say That If they are putting it out under their own name It would have to be atleast as good as what they're making for The other Brands ! Because If your gonna put Your own name on it it would be stupid to keep crappy Media to sell under your Name and yet Make good media for other Brands !!! See waht I mean ? My Ritek experience Has been mostly Burning Disc MaDe by Ritek for Maxell & Officedepot disc & It was always Pretty Decent As far as I can tell ! My Understanding & best Guest is assuming That Your comparing Apples To apples { same type & Speed ect... } then a Ritek Given the same Mid Code Should only differ in Cosmetic qualities / appearances ! All That Being said If The price is the same Buy whichever of the two brands that Work best ? or if they work equally well Get the cheapest of the two if one is cheaper - My Thing is /was that You used to be able to Get OD media And be sure or reasonably sure that You'd get Ritek or Ricohjpn Media which was why I would buy it on sale ! Then OD kinda got away from that and just started selling Name Branded stuff & Maybe ativa ( Their Second house brand ) With The Big Brand boys if You stray from Verbatim Or Sony you never know who's gonna be Making Disc for them one spindle to the next one ? It looks like Officedepot is going to be selling the TDk's at The Pricepoint that they used to sell Their Media About $10.00 per 50ct. cakebox which is resonable ! Too much more than that and you can catch vERBATIMS OR sONY'SON SALE !!! - iF The TDK's Stay Consistent I may keep buying them On sale of Course !!! Anyway That'sd my .0002 % solution Hope I did'nt confuse you too much More Than Necessary !!!!!!!!!! Caio & Happy Burning !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. March 2010 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@thegman

I fully agree with you on the CMC Mag discs now. Joe Ryan who knows tons more than I, convinced me. And I was a little disappointed that I got the 100 Ritek F16 instead of CMC Mags from OD yesterday. I checked my closet and have about equal numbers of Ritek F16, and Ricohjpn R-03 left from Office Depot. Mainly tho a lot of Sonys X16 and some Sony Octy TYs, Verbatims and 4 new JVC spindles-TY-03s,-jury still out on those-but all have played so far,scans not so great.
Advertisement
_
__

_
dr_ml422
_
1. March 2010 @ 17:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx BIG. You definitely covered all the bases. I very much appreciate the break down. Made my decision clear. No OD Discs. Will wait for Verbs next crazy sale and maybe try the Value Line TYS.

Haven't been to Brooklyn in a while so most likely will hit OM for the Verbies.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork