User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 09:26
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
10. March 2010 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just in case no one heard etc... NewEgg got caught selling counterfeit i7 cpus. About 500 chips rumored. Think 5 people have come out already confirming this. More expected. Egg is putting blame on manufacturer.

Fwiw I stopped buying hw from them after several RMAs and a butcher job on a case I bought also regarding the front harness. Last thing I bought was 7 x64 Home Premium which I figured they'd be crazy to sell bootleg. Well I've had some Not Genuine Copy popups and so has a friend of mine.

Bottom line I called MS last night to validate and everything came up clean on both my builds. Though agent said one more popup and call Genuine Advantage.

So for a few bucks more and screw the free shipping/1.99 I go elsewhere for my stuff now. Another reason can't wait for Micro to open here in Yonkers.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. March 2010 @ 17:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounded more like an intel mistake or theft to me.
I'll stick with newegg. They haven't wronged me yet. ♥

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. March 2010 @ 17:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll still stick with newegg. haven't had a problem yet.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. March 2010 @ 02:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow. Unless I read somewhere wrong, these BD discs are 23$ each. WOWIE ZOWIE! LOL! At least we know there is good media out there now ;)
http://www.delkin.com/products/archivalg...ray-delkin.html

_
11. March 2010 @ 05:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll stick with newegg thank you very much, for a long time so far so good and nobody is perfect, you can do me wrong once and I can forgive, the second time I will scadadle, haven't reached the first one yet so I'm still good.

Omeg, did you say 23 cents lol, I know you were kidding right, a single is 24 bucks, man these things better be made of gold, plus the fact I still have not read good reviews on blank BR disc's no matter who sells them, thier longevity is definitely a problem, way to many complaints from different sites and forums, until I read at least 50 people telling me no problems I will avoid them like the plague.

Especially what they charge for those damn things and can't get them right, it's simply a rip. I am hoping they do straighten this problem out as I am interested.
dr_ml422
_
11. March 2010 @ 08:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's the luck/unluck of the draw. You saw what happened to some members recently w/SMS and I haven't had issues w/them either. Just posted that for informational purposes though not as a suggested course of boycott.

Many forums are helped by Newegg etc... so there's a fine line there as well. That's all good too as there is no free lunch.

Yup. Forget about those BD Blanks. Better off getting the Blu-ray flic as I said some are even cheaper than DVDs and definitely those BD blanks. Imagine a $23.00 coaster? Yikes.

_
11. March 2010 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
quote: Yup. Forget about those BD Blanks. Better off getting the Blu-ray flic as I said some are even cheaper than DVDs and definitely those BD blanks. Imagine a $23.00 coaster? Yikes.

You got that right, and more like holy s%#t than yikes.
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
11. March 2010 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll stick to burning BDs to D/L & 4.3s. Work very well in my Stan alone BD Player
When the BD Burners get lower then 100 bucks, I'll get one. As of now when I Burn a BD my drives won't read it, also looking forward to ripping

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. March 2010 @ 11:34

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. March 2010 @ 12:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've ripped 4 BD discs. I'm converting my first now :D

I wouldn't buy those gold archive BD discs. I was simply pointing out, that there IS an archival grad solution. If you have important data, or want to experiment, than that is the way to go.

rick5446
_
11. March 2010 @ 13:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7: How R you doing it ? Would B very interested in your method I got a few tricks of my own . Maybe PM me and lets discuss it
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. March 2010 @ 13:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sam's has a BD player $99, saw it last Sunday. Brand can't remember?? Have CRS!
rick5446
_
11. March 2010 @ 14:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't want just a Player . I want a writer . U can get players real cheap now just google
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
11. March 2010 @ 15:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't want a writer yet. They're expensive, and the media isn't even B grade yet. Unless you spend a fortune on previously posted GOLD archive media LOL! Somebody mentioned not long ago, that longevity could be an extreme issue. I can't wait til Taiyo Yuden starts mass producing their product :D

dr_ml422
_
11. March 2010 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Things are tight. Maybe more so for others. Though after much consideration especially futureproofing and of course the best bang for your buck, the PS3 is the best choice for Blu-ray Player and everything else. I had to come to terms w/the reality of this beast.

Oh and it's also equipped to be ready for 3D as well.

Here's a lil breakdown.

http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/107/1074564p1.html

_
12. March 2010 @ 09:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FWIW- OFFICEDEPOT Sale 03/14/2010

TDK® 16X DVD +/-R Media 100-PK 158-285 $19.99 each

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs Spindle Disc Model 95098 - Retail
(limit 5 per customer)
$23.99
Free Shipping @ newegg Now !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. March 2010 @ 09:12

bratcher
_
12. March 2010 @ 12:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does anybody buy media based on price instead of brand or MID code?

I like inkjet printable media & 3 weeks ago I picked up four 50 packs of Phillips 16x white inkjet printable discs for $10.99 each at my local Microcenter (CMC MID code) & the only thing wrong was the plastic cases were cracked a little bit. Not a bad deal when the usual price $15.99 each.

Right now Microcenter has them on sale for $12.99 each & the branded (non inkjet printable) is $10.99 normally $12.99 each & these are the 50 packs.

Magnavox (also CMC MID code) 16x inkjet printable is $11.99 per 50 pack normally $12.00 each. The branded (non inkjet printable) is $9.99 each & normally sellf for $11.99 each Or you can get the 100 pack for $19.99 each, normally $24.99 each.

If you like Verbatim the 16x inkjet printable is $12.99 each per 50 pack normally $14.99 each & the branded (non inkjet printable) is $13.99 per 50 pack. The 100 pack branded (non inkjet printable) seems to have two prices. The older packaging is $21.99 (normally $24.99) & the newer packaging is $19.99 But I don't know whether the new packs are MIT or MII as I didn't check that in the store.

The Windata (ISPG with a Verbatim MID code) 16x 50 packs are $9.99 each but I'm not sure if they are fakes or Verb rejects as the DVDInfopro test results are a bit poorer than what a real Verbatim disc tests out as. The ones I've burned seem to play back ok without problems. The ISPG 25 pack white inkjet printables (Verb MID code) are $5.99 each but the printing surface is poorer than any other inkjet printable discs I've used. Playback results are the same as ISPG branded media.

Ritek 16x branded 100 packs are $24.99 but I didn't see much of it in the store last Tuesday.

Sony 16x branded 100 packs are $24.99 each.

Bought the last 7 (4 +R & 3 -R all CMC MID coded) Valuedisc (Hotan I think?) silver/matte 16x non inkjet printable 100 packs for my Magnavox standalone DVD recorder thats hooked up to the cable DVR & they seem to be good quality discs at $15.99 per 100 pack. When thats gone I can either go back to using inkjet printable discs in the recorder or see if my local Microcenter has any 8x +R Verbatim unbranded silver shiny (not inkjet printable) left that are MIT & $19.99 per 100 pack as they were very good quality when I tried them.

With local B&M sales I sometimes wonder if it's still worth buying online anymore?

Meritline has Phillips 16x 100 pack white inkjet printable for $27.99 with free shipping but right now at Microcenter I can get two 50 packs for $28.12 with local 8.25% tax which is only a tad more expensive & no waiting on UPS for delivery.

The other Meritline -R 16x white inkjet printable 100 pack free shipping deals are as follows.

TY Premium Line $39.99
TY/JVC Valueline $55.99 for the 200 pack & $28.99 for the 100 packs.
Ridata $27.50
Verbatim Datalife Plus $35.99

I didn't check the +R white inkjet printable or the branded non inkjet printable +/- R free shipping prices though.
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. March 2010 @ 12:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
in the last year i haven't payed more than 19.99 per hunderd for Taiyo Yuden DVD dash R media so IMO I'm getting both the best price and the best media and the backups i have from 6 years ago will still play fine. thats why i will not pay extra for the DVD plus R media like some

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. March 2010 @ 12:28

bratcher
_
12. March 2010 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
in the last year i haven't payed more than 19.99 per hunderd for Taiyo Yuden DVD dash R media so IMO I'm getting both the best price and the best media and the backups i have from 6 years ago will still play fine. thats why i will not pay extra for the DVD plus R media like some
8 or 16x? Valueline? Non inkjet printable I'm sure. Where did you get these discs? Meritline isn't that cheap. Instead it's $24.69 per 100 pack with free shipping. Both are Valueline silver thermal dash R. The 600 pack works out to $20.48 per 100 discs.

8x

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18384.aspx

16x

http://www.meritline.com/jvc-valueline-d...---p-42242.aspx

I didn't check SMS or anywhere else.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. March 2010 @ 13:03

TreePro
_
12. March 2010 @ 14:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
At my local Sam's Club they have a "junk man" he gets all the returned, dicontinued whatever "given" to him. He gives me several hundred Verbatim discs a year, only a few double layer. They are usually opened with missing discs but, so what, they work. My 50" Samsung Plasma was free, took 2 TV'S to make 1. One needed control module but, someone ran forklift thru one just like it so, I got free parts. My son's 50" Samsung DLP worked without anything, free. So try find who gets the "junk" at your Sam's Club. The store managers will not tell you. I just happen to know this guy. He picks up at least a load per week. They started repairing some TV's but, not all. You name it, generators, pressure washers, stainless BBQ grills, engine oil everything except computers, clothes and food I have seen. He sells it at around 30% to 50% of list. You be surprised at what these stores throw away that works.
dr_ml422
_
12. March 2010 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher You confused me with what you said as branded and not branded media in your post. By branded do you mean MicroCenter's Brand? Can you break this down just a bit? You named good brand names and said you bought some, but then said the branded/unbranded were at such and such price etc...

I agree w/you about it being worth anymore buying online. Microcenter is opening in Yonkers and I found out today it'll only be about 20-30 mins. by Metro-North. For a few bucks more I also am planning to just walk in now and buy everything I can/need. From Blanks to HDDs etc... and just go straight home. I'm also tired of waiting for the UPS guy or w/e. If I'm not home I get a sticky.

I buy for price and quality so if it's a name we all know good. If not still good. As long as they will burn good and last pretty long I'm good. Also will now include printables even though I don't print. Although I have become more partial to DVD+R. Being now we can get decent prices I just buy enough for both myself and giveaways etc... I won't buy different poorer media for giveaways. I'd like to still see anyone happy and so for the deals we get on good media they suffice.

Ttytt, I'm reorganising and replanning my whole approach now w/my DVD collection and future discs. The new plan includes new buying avenues as well as the so-called giveaway etc... part of this whole hobby or w/e.

bratcher
_
12. March 2010 @ 21:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Attn: dr_ml422

What I meant by branded is the manufacturers name printed on the discs. Not any Microcenter house brand.

The 16x unbranded silver matte discs I bought had nothing but a blank top surface on them.

As to buying media online the only way I see to save any money now is to get a 600 pack with free shipping over buying the same media in a local store. Other than grabbing some TY 8x white inkjet valueline (with free shipping) the cheapest media (with or without Microcenter sales) is 16x Phillips & Magnavox both of which are made by CMC so I just go get it from the store when I run low. Like you it's no fun staying home all day waiting for UPS to arrive sometime in the afternoon so I've just about stopped buying media online.

I used to be a real Verb & TY fan but since my DVD drive can burn just about anything I put into it with good results there seems to be no point anymore about paying more for media when CMC works just as well as the more expensive discs in my experience. I don't even buy Prodisc & Ritek anymore even though with the exception of 8x Ritek G05 going bad within 6 months of burning both brands have been fine in 16x plus the Prodisc in 8x. So I'll just save money getting Phillips & Magnavox white inkjet printables as I need them from the local Microcenter. Sure it's CMC but I've had no troubles with them....
dr_ml422
_
12. March 2010 @ 23:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the clarification. CMC has been putting out pretty good media for a bit now. It's not so far away from the more popular brands anymore and as is self-evident the price is right.

Now that you mentioned ProDisc when I get to it I have to go to the Mom N Pop near me and see how much they want for the DVD Blanks. I bought their CD Blank Printables for audio and they're otm. White printable ProDisc CD-R. They have Ritek also for DVD Blanks.

One of my buddies is really lucky. Tiger and Microcenter are near him. He just walks in and out.

He taught me how to buy better. Not to get caught up w/just 1 spot. He also taught me that refurbished doesn't always mean damaged. Sometimes it's just a product that one received and decided they didn't want and returned. The vendor slaps refurbished on it and sells it. Mostly always w/a pretty good guarantee as well.

Now I wouldn't get a refurbished HDD. Lol... I have though bought a nice case and I would buy a LT. He got a nice HP LT refurbished and no problems whatsoever.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
13. March 2010 @ 03:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's some JVC TYG03's I picked up on SMS this week. A shot of the new JVC's, and the originals. I trust you can see the difference between the two LOL!
I'll have some Scans in the Scanning thread either tonight or in the morning. Though I have a feeling, it's simply a different label. JVC simply has their name on them now ;)

_
13. March 2010 @ 08:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
omegaman7 - I think your Probably Right on the Jvc -Taiyo Yuden packaging issue ! will be interesting to see the resultS of your scans and your impressions of the disc when you post them . BIG LOTS Stores have PHILIPS DVD & CD MEDIA on sale this week $12 Each with the interesting thing being the the dvd media is in a 60 count tub !!! - I know PhilIps does'nt have too great of a reputation around afterdawn atleast with most members and at $12.00 per 60 that works out to about .20 cents ea. before tax , But somebody may be intersted in them or get good results with their drives ? anyways It's a FWIW thing For me anyway . In that price range I'd wait till sunday and pick up the Tdk's at OFFICEDEPOT -$ 19.99 -TDK DVD+R & DVD-R 100-PK regardless ! Good LucK my friends and Keep us Posted Ciao !!!!!

Philips Recordable DVDs or CDs
$12 Each

Your choice:

* 60 pack DVD-R or DVD+R
* 100 pack CD-R
* SKU: 550015677, 550016628

* In Store Only[b][/b]

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
13. March 2010 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Guys, I'm no expert at this besides plain old experiance, I remember way back I also bought nothing but blank media on sale no matter where I got it mostly stores, till I joined AD and learned a great deal more about many things.

I use to buy TDK's, Memorex, Philips, HP's, Magnavox etc. all CMC's, I use to argue with the big boys before I knew better on these blank media threads, why cause they all worked, I didn't have many problems, that was about 6 years ago, now half of my CMS's wont play, load or some kind of distortion, not so with any of my ty's or verbs.

I'm also not saying these CMC's have not gotten better, maybe they have, but just giving out a word of caution.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork