User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 09:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. March 2010 @ 08:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Through experience I learned that anything w/a name has most likely happened before, so your identification w/this is much appreciated.

Funny there's 3rd party involvement but only 1 has responded w/so called "desired resolution". The resolution is resolved when I get that green paper in my hands. They want me to say yes to have the case closed. I don't think so. I asked the wooden soldier why even do business w/that 3rd party w/all the complaints you get? His attempted business response was that about 2% of the 3rd party's involvement has claims. 2% of at least a couple of million people is a lot imo. The formula last time it was given to me was that for every unsatisfied customer you lose about 100 potential new ones. At least in the restaurant business. This business that tried to put it to me w/out Vaseline makes about $40 million a month not counting peak season.

I'll have to remember to request another shipping method w/future purchases.

1 thing I learned is don't ever mess w/another man's $$$. Leaves a really bad feeling in them.

Asa that 19.99 Verb sale comes out by OM please post if I haven't seen it 1st. I'll pay the subway and tax even for 1 spindle. I'll do anything for peace of mind.

dr_ml422,
I'm from Jersey originally, right across the river from Manhattan. Just out of curiosity, how much is the subway these days? I can remember when it was a dime! LOL!! I imagine the Bridge tolls have gone up too. It used to cost me $10 a day, when I worked in Hempstead! Ca is nice but the food sucks. I would kill for some decent Italian Sausage, or a real Italian Sub! Nothing like that is available around here! :(

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

Advertisement
_
__
dr_ml422
_
6. March 2010 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Subway fare is about $2.50 1 way. They make it seem nice by offering you a slight discount for a 30 day pass which can be unlimited or pay per ride. Just a scam unless you really ride the iron horse that much. Oh and they're going to raise the fare and thinking about cutting out the free student metrocards as well. Also a lot of lines being discontinued.

Now the tunnels will make you take the train. Verazzano Bridge is maybe close to 15.00 by now. Holland tunnel is up also as well as the Lincoln. Easy pass gets you discount but don't leave it in the car. Someone else will use it. lol...

Ah yes the Italian Sausage w/peppers, onions, maybe some hot sauce or ketchup on a hero. Well I try my best to hit St. Genairo's Feast every year. Midday so you get the fresh stuff and less crowd. Yuppies now. Hero about 10.00 bucks but I pay it. That w/some Zeppoles and Cannolies and your done.

I'm not far from Lil Italy and China so food wise I'm good. Also near all the other good restaurants. French, Indian, Thai, Japanese etc... So these are the positives. The negatives you read about nationwide. I hit Mega or Powerball I'm outta here posting from the Tropics. 45 long winters has convinced me. I lived in Cali also. Those Tacos and Burritos etc... didn't cut it. Not to mention the Pizza which if done w/not the right water is garbage.

There's a Micro in Patterson NJ also but that's a lil ways.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. March 2010 @ 11:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Subway fare is about $2.50 1 way. They make it seem nice by offering you a slight discount for a 30 day pass which can be unlimited or pay per ride. Just a scam unless you really ride the iron horse that much. Oh and they're going to raise the fare and thinking about cutting out the free student metrocards as well. Also a lot of lines being discontinued.

Now the tunnels will make you take the train. Verazzano Bridge is maybe close to 15.00 by now. Holland tunnel is up also as well as the Lincoln. Easy pass gets you discount but don't leave it in the car. Someone else will use it. lol...

Ah yes the Italian Sausage w/peppers, onions, maybe some hot sauce or ketchup on a hero. Well I try my best to hit St. Genairo's Feast every year. Midday so you get the fresh stuff and less crowd. Yuppies now. Hero about 10.00 bucks but I pay it. That w/some Zeppoles and Cannolies and your done.

I'm not far from Lil Italy and China so food wise I'm good. Also near all the other good restaurants. French, Indian, Thai, Japanese etc... So these are the positives. The negatives you read about nationwide. I hit Mega or Powerball I'm outta here posting from the Tropics. 45 long winters has convinced me. I lived in Cali also. Those Tacos and Burritos etc... didn't cut it. Not to mention the Pizza which if done w/not the right water is garbage.

There's a Micro in Patterson NJ also but that's a lil ways.

It's funny, you can get great food in Little Italy, but most of the Chinese places in Chinatown suck! They don't have a clue as to what good Chinese food is down there. They just cater to the tourists. There are some good places down there, but you have to know where they are. I have a Doctor friend of mine who's office is on the corner of Worth and Mott, and he showed me all the good places. Of course I haven't been there since a few months after my Wife died in 96.

I know what you mean about the weather! The so called Blizzard of 96 was enough for me! LOL!! We had 30-40 feet high piles of snow on some of the side streets, that didn't all melt until after the 4th of July! I lived in Garfield. Mostly 3 generation Italian neighborhoods. Whatever you wanted to eat was within walking distance! Everything is homemade! I would Kill for a Cannoli, or a Rum cake! Another thing I miss is good Jelly Donuts. Rasberry with Cinnamon Sugar on them. God, this is killing me! Wise Potato Chips. Onion Garlic or Salt and vinegar! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Oh! Never ask for Ketchup on an Italian Hero! That's Blasphemy! Oil and Vinegar and some Oregano only! Yum!

You have a good weekend,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

dr_ml422
_
6. March 2010 @ 11:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Best thing outta that '96 Blizzard was I got run over by a car and got some change. That was some winter. There was a very good dumpling house by Worth n Mott. I think they closed. Best Pork Buns around. Umberto's Clam House is down the block now. New spot prolly different owner as well. Famous for that Mob hit. I still don't know why but they closed Lil Charlie's on Kenmare. Maybe the Old Man died.

Man if you can't get Wise Potato Chips things are rough there. Lol...

Yup they cater to the Tourists and even the new so called New Yorkers who are drunk by the time they hit the restaurants and would eat dog food and not complain.

Maybe I'll go to Bruno's on the West Side and get a canolli. I like the manager which for a while I thought was the owner's daughter. You know tradition though. I'm looking to have fun. They'll be looking for 500 guest wedding. Lol...

Have a good weekend as well.

Best Regards,

Mario

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. March 2010 @ 11:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just returned from my Sams. Picked up a 50 stack of Verbatim +R DL 2.4X. They code out as MKM 001 exactly as my older ones that i have. They are MIS also.$60/50. Thr face has a different lok from my older ones. Hope they are as good.
dr_ml422
_
6. March 2010 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are these regular premium Verbs? I saw some verbs on sale at Tiger whose wrapper resembled the old Verbatim White and purple. I had heard some were still in circulation so I looked closer. I then noticed they were Value Line Verbs. Who mentioned that the Value Line Verbs were just as good? I think it was posted here. The price was very reasonable.

Just a quick note: I saw but didn't pursue the story that some other giant retailer was giving Walmart a run for their money. It was posted on MSN's Home Page. If this is true might be best to find out and rack up as even Walmart can go under. They put enough businesses outta business themselves.

_
6. March 2010 @ 18:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fry's Electronics has TDK DVD-R 100pack or + for $14.99 they are light blue and code out F16 Ridata if you like that, which is great for me. Color has changed also on Ridata DVD. LOL
_
7. March 2010 @ 09:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[b]FWIW [/b

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507005

NEWEGG Verbatim 16x dvd 100ct. $19.99 * $1.99 shipping ? not to bad but you can a;most do as well whenever BESTBUY puts Verbatims on sale ? Still it's not to bad of a deal

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
7. March 2010 @ 09:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx for the heads up. I have about 80 8x TYS and maybe 70 JVC TYS left. I think I'm waiting for a B&M sale. Best Buy as you said and OM should be having one soon.

Had to order a HDD online but that's outta my hands for now. I'll see about this new Micro in Yonkers coming this Spring. I see a lot of sales are in-store only so that's a good thing.

_
7. March 2010 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422

well . well then ! More retailers gives us more options assuming they don't all have the same high prices ? But I hear you ! i've been in the Officedepot { Ritek & Ricoh ], Verbatim and Sony Camp so long I hardly know who makes what Oem anymore ? Perhaps it's time for an update on The mid codes listing for 16x Media? I realize though that things Change so Maybe people can just post whatever the code is on the media onsle this week or whatever ? So you can Know whether to run to or Runaway from your nearest retailer ? It's a thought anyhow right ! It's not as though I'm gonna run out'a Media anytime soon Heck I've still got some 8x OD media burn through and Some treasured Fuji /Taiyo Disc & Maxell Japanese here & there ? And Somewhere I've Even got Some 4x Verbatims Silver-shiny's That I'll Burn one day if I can find themm again ? But like our wives can have 10 pairs of shoes to like our two pairs ( Dress & tennis } We Can have Boatloads of Media Right ?? Besides Being A unreformed shop-A- Holic It's hard to pass up a sale !!!!! - I've Been through this atleast twice before ? I was a Audiot - { some say Idiot ?} Before I got into Computers & becaume a Vidiot & an audiot !!! so that means Cassette tapes , CD's Blank Tapes , CDR's and Now DVD Media out the Wazoo !!!! I have'nt burned Cd's in a while But The Wifes new Dodge has a CD/ Mp3 player in it so I may have a use for all them CDR'S after all ??/ - Anyways Good luck Buddy & happy Shopping

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. March 2010 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey Rob did you ever find a good deal on a Lite-On LH-20A1S ? ,mines still giving me read errors reading DVDs back to my HDD and it ruins the DVD(screws the dye up) when it happens

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. March 2010 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
hey Rob did you ever find a good deal on a Lite-On LH-20A1S ? ,mines still giving me read errors reading DVDs back to my HDD and it ruins the DVD(screws the dye up) when it happens
nope never found one under $40. thats a joke. a 3 year old drive people wanting $60+ for one with shipping.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. March 2010 @ 17:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's because it's a renowned drive. So is the LH-20A1H, it's counterpart. I believe the Plextor 716/760 is the same thing. They're trusted drives. VERY good drives. I think the NEC ND-3550A was a very good drive too. Mine however, I gave cancer LOL! Good thing I don't smoke anymore :p

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. March 2010 @ 18:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Rob i think i will look into the Plextor PX-880SA ans see who is making it, probably still Pioneer,tried of ruining DVDs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...xtor-_-27249054

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. March 2010 @ 19:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Rob i think i will look into the Plextor PX-880SA ans see who is making it, probably still Pioneer,tried of ruining DVDs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...7249054

NOPE... MediaTek chipset... LITEON.. :)

linky

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. March 2010 @ 19:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cool GM thats what i will probably get then so i will still be able to do quality scans

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
8. March 2010 @ 23:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cool GM thats what i will probably get then so i will still be able to do quality scans
before you get one id make sure it will do the scans with nero.. ive been told that drive wont scan... bigwill has one and he says it wont do a nero scan..???
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. March 2010 @ 19:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i better hold off i need a ODD that will do quality scans using nero, the damn Lite-On ODD seems to be working fine other than when reading back DVDs to the HDD using imgburn I'm getting read errors and the ODD seems to be ruining the DVD screwing up the dye. weird problem never have had that happen. anyway GM what other ODD could you recommend?

dr_ml422
_
9. March 2010 @ 19:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well so much for my storage solution using HDDs. Though I'm still going to store encoded files to play on the PS3 Slim there's no way around not having discs. The Powers that Be aren't going to let go of the physical format any time soon. So hello Blu-ray as the prices for some new ones are even as cheap or cheaper than DVDs.

God Bless this thread. Keep it going guys. Helluva hobby we have here. Now I'm on my way to my new premium select Collection. Making a list and checking it twice. Anything I burned for the sake of burning is a free gift. You live and you learn.

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. March 2010 @ 22:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i better hold off i need a ODD that will do quality scans using nero, the damn Lite-On ODD seems to be working fine other than when reading back DVDs to the HDD using imgburn I'm getting read errors and the ODD seems to be ruining the DVD screwing up the dye. weird problem never have had that happen. anyway GM what other ODD could you recommend?
ZoSo I would look at these for scanners...

linky

Here's a link to a f/w page for the 322

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. March 2010 @ 22:46

rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
10. March 2010 @ 06:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422 : Where RU finding BD Discs at or about the same price as DVDs. I would like a link in the Americas
dr_ml422
_
10. March 2010 @ 07:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rick5446:
dr_ml422 : Where RU finding BD Discs at or about the same price as DVDs. I would like a link in the Americas
Lol... Not the Blank Discs but the Blu-ray movies themselves. Some new and a lot of older titles are almost as much or cheaper than the DVD version. Look through Amazon.com and search through their sales etc... Now I can totally unequivocally vouch for Amazon. My experience has been nothing but top quality service especially the shipping.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. March 2010 @ 10:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just ordered 200 8x-r premium TYs from meritline. along with 10 of the red locking clip sata cables. $63 shipped. 55 for the disc and 8 for the cables.
http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18321.aspx
http://www.meritline.com/straight-to-rig...---p-38336.aspx
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. March 2010 @ 12:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
just ordered 200 8x-r premium TYs from meritline. along with 10 of the red locking clip sata cables. $63 shipped. 55 for the disc and 8 for the cables.
http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18321.aspx
http://www.meritline.com/straight-to-rig...36.aspx

I'm obsessed.... lol. I just ordered some DVD-R 16x Memorex for the heck of it... they were $17.99 delivered so I'm getting some give-a-ways cheap. lol. ;) I also picked up some usb extensions and a little usb car mouse for the boys. :) Hope they likes it... all FREE shipping of course... the GM isn't completely insane... hehehee. :p

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. March 2010 @ 15:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GM i think i will go with this one, i need a sata ODD, unless you have a better idea tired of ruining media

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork