User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 09:26
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
3. March 2010 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I had more funds, I might try those JVC Dual layers. Money's kinda tight right now.
I backed up 2012 just fine today. Anydvd 6.6.2.3 for the win. Something weird. They put a Godzilla trailer on there. The one from 1998. Isn't that weird LOL! I understand that it's the same director...but come on LOL! I removed it... :p

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2010 @ 07:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have had zero issues with the older 2.4X Verb DL +R mwdia burned at 2.4. They all play fine but I am down to about 6 left. And don't think these are around anymore??? dudes?????

Edit: MIS discs

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. March 2010 @ 07:50

dr_ml422
_
3. March 2010 @ 09:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx Fred and garmoon for the pullups. That's what I thought I read elsewhere that the best were from Verbatim MIS and 2.4. I never bought them also as too expensive as noted by omega.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. March 2010 @ 09:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i was in my local Sams this past Saturday, they had a 50ct cake box of the 2.4DL verbs for $60. so the prices on them DL verbs has come way down.
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=387438

i remember when ya couldn't touch them for less than $2 a disc. even now with the types of CPU's we have and knowledge of programs like dvd-rebuilder there really isn't a need in my eyes. its been a long time since a movie came out that i wanted untouched and used a DL disc. and i still have about 8 or 9 of the 2.4DL verbs also. now if the printable DL verbs were that cheap id have some and redo all my star wars movies on those and slap some ink on them..lol
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2010 @ 10:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
i was in my local Sams this past Saturday, they had a 50ct cake box of the 2.4DL verbs for $60. so the prices on them DL verbs has come way down.
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=387438

i remember when ya couldn't touch them for less than $2 a disc. even now with the types of CPU's we have and knowledge of programs like dvd-rebuilder there really isn't a need in my eyes. its been a long time since a movie came out that i wanted untouched and used a DL disc. and i still have about 8 or 9 of the 2.4DL verbs also. now if the printable DL verbs were that cheap id have some and redo all my star wars movies on those and slap some ink on them..lol
Absolute classics Robert.... ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
3. March 2010 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no problem dr_ml422, I did forget to mention, as greensman said, I also only use +r's, but thats just a preverance, I don't use the DL's often cause they are expensive but I burned enough of them thru the years, I have used the verb 2.4 mostly, but have also used some of the printables etc, again with no problems.

cincyrob thats a nice deal on them DL's, there the exact one's I use mostly, I'm not far from sams hope they carry it in the store.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. March 2010 @ 11:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FredBun:

cincyrob thats a nice deal on them DL's, there the exact one's I use mostly, I'm not far from sams hope they carry it in the store.
those are the exact ones they have in my sams club. and they have tons of them. i bet they have 7 cases setting on the floor.
_
3. March 2010 @ 11:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks cincy, I'm gonna be in that area tomorrow gonna check them out.
_
3. March 2010 @ 12:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cincyrob- YUPPERS !!!
They have Come down alot, but Being a Cheapskate !!! I figure if I catch a Sale I can Get Maybe 3 -100 ct spindles of Single layer Disc for that price Maybe Not Verbatims But you never know ? with rebates and all That ! I did enjoy it awhile back when sams club put The Sl 16x Verbatims onsale { regular Branded } 16x for about $10.87 a Cakebox of 50 I think they were trying to blow them out so they could standardize on the printables & DL Media but regardless Of why Me Likey & stocked up !!!! Good to hear ya's again O' red wonder and GreenManster Too Ciao' Ya'll !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2010 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Garmoon i see there is an update for anydvd 6.6.2.4 that probably fixes the problem for 2012 even though i was able to back it up also. but i did have a strange problem after i back it up to disc i read it to my HDD with imgburn using my Lite-On ODD and it stopped at 26% into the read so i thought i had a bad disc backed it up again and same problem. backed it up a third time and read it to my HDD with my Plextor/Pioneer ODD and it worked fine so either its a copy protection problem or my Lite-On ODD is going bad

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
3. March 2010 @ 16:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I backed up both the bluray and the dvd no problem with 6.6.2.3
I wanted to compare the two :p

AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2010 @ 16:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
update i backed it up again using the anydvd update and was able to read it to my HDD with imgburn using my Lite-On ODD with no problem. my bet it was a copy protection problem being it happen with two DVDs in a row

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2010 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just ordered these!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003

Pretty good price and only $23.99 if your state has no sales tax! For me, they are $25.97! This media has the new AZO dyes!

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2010 @ 19:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ZOSO

I was using AnyDVD 6623. I did have trouble with Nero recode but before I did the SL, I did a DL with AnyDVD and ImgBurn ISO exact copy no issues played perfectly.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. March 2010 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
I just ordered these!

Pretty good price and only $23.99 if your state has no sales tax! For me, they are $25.97! This media has the new AZO dyes!

Russ
Russ, what is the NEW AZO dye? compared to the old? how do you know it is a new dye vs the old that you would be getting?
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. March 2010 @ 21:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just ordered these!

Russ
Russ, what is the NEW AZO dye? compared to the old? how do you know it is a new dye vs the old that you would be getting?
same old dye afaik Robert. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
4. March 2010 @ 00:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm sure those verbatims are better than the ones i've been getting! :p
Knocking on wood

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. March 2010 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
I just ordered these!

Russ

GM,
They can't be the same as they were selling both the old and the new ones last week. This is what Verbatium says on their website!
http://www.verbatim.com/products/detail....8BC958C9A478617

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. March 2010 @ 01:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
I just ordered these!

Russ

GM,
They can't be the same as they were selling both the old and the new ones last week. This is what Verbatium says on their website!
http://www.verbatim.com/products/detail....8BC958C9A478617

Russ
"Advanced AZO" dye from 2007?? Ok.. technically it's the NEW dye from MCC but it's NOT newly discovered this year or something. lol.

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. March 2010 @ 11:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by "AfterDawn.com: Weekly newsletter (10/2010)":
Most active forum topics in last seven days

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition
Forum: Building a new PC

Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Forum: DVD±R media

Starview 6 Futureproof ?
Forum: Digital TV (DVB) discussion

The Official Graphics Card and PC gaming Thread
Forum: Building a new PC

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!
Forum: Other PC hardware

Shy Channels on sat with dreambox 500s

Post your Nero cd/dvd speed quality scans here 2
Forum: Nero discussion

Tutorial: How to setup PSN game share & Official game share request thread *NO EMAIL ADDRESSES or TEXT SPEAK*
Forum: PS3 - General discussion

Channels lost,,,,changing starviews to free to air box

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
dr_ml422
_
6. March 2010 @ 00:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Micro Center is opening up a new store in Yonkers this Spring supposedly. I'm going to see how far and what I need to take to get there. Would be a really nice treat to just go there and buy my media or hardware. Prolly cheaper in some cases too.

Word of advice/caution/suggestion for those that don't already know this.

Don't ever/never use a 3rd party to ship/order something online or not. Really hard time if they lose/damage your stuff. Ping Pong routine. Lucky I don't back down or let any of these Big Boy companies pull the discouragement bit.

Yes it happened to me and since 11/09. Still no check in the mail. Pathetic. They'll take your $$$ really quick. Giving it back another story. You live and you learn.

_
6. March 2010 @ 05:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- Sage Advice Young PadaWan !!!!!!

Sorry To hear You Got Scrooged !!!!! hope you get Things straightened out soon buddy !!!!! - I hear you though on the Brick and Mortar Equation ! Like just about Everyone else I'm all about a good deal on some Media which depending on the brand& type can mean Online retailers ! But Like Most people Too ? There is something to be said about being able to get your product right there and then and should there Be a problem being able to throttle the Everloving Snot out of some A**hole Clerk or Salesperson/ manager & or Get all Loud , Abrasive & Ignorant Right in the Middle of the salesfloor!!!!!! It's kinda hard to do that over the Phone or By email ,But As the Wise Jedi master Once Said You Pays your money & you takes your Chances ??? - I've been lucky So far Pretty Much with my online purchases Of Most Products I've Only been Stung Barely Twice - Once on some Generic Epson Inkjet carts !!!! I ordered and they were supposed to take 10 days to reach me by USPS in that case 21 days had passed and I ended up Emailing the company threatening to get my CredirCard Company on them ! { Even though I'd used my Debit card } long story short they overnighted my cartridges to me !!!! - The only other Time I get a Case of the PinkFeet ( Pinkfeet Means you Got The REDA** so Bad it goes all the way to your Toes } Was when I ordered some Verbatims online fronm Newegg With a Mail in rebate ! I got the media and mailed in the Upc Emblem to the rebate address as instructed in the rebate directions 10 days later I get a Postcard saying That " we are sorry but we are unable to Fulfill your rebate because we did not recieve your UPC Emblem From the Package of Verbatim media ! Please resend this to us and we'll send you your rebare Check ! " Duh!!!!! That would be great but I can't send them something I already sent them Now Can I ? - I got Scrod on that deal Paying $30.00 dollars on a Spindle of Verbatims that was supposed to be $20.00 after the rebate ! To be fair to Newegg Though It was a 3rd Party handling the rebate action !!!! - That kinda soured me on the whole Rebate concept for awhile - I have bought Verbatims with the rebate since but I sent the whole freaking Spindle wrapper and Photocopied it so If they tried it again I had a copy to send !!!! - That time smooth as silk So go figure ???? Anyhow buddy Again sorry your getting the Runaround !!! and I hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction soon !!! Good Luck , Safe Shopping, Happy Burning and CAVEAT EMPTOR !!!!!! Ciao Buddy !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. March 2010 @ 07:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anybody hear other then RUSS having trouble with the TYs
I've been using TYs & Ritek Ridata for years now with no Problem. I tried some Verbs -Rs, back a while ago (2yrs ago)they seemed to work on 3 outta 4 Players. When all other Discs seemed to play on all Players, so I gave up on Verbs
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. March 2010 @ 08:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rick5446:
Anybody hear other then RUSS having trouble with the TYs
I've been using TYs & Ritek Ridata for years now with no Problem. I tried some Verbs -Rs, back a while ago (2yrs ago)they seemed to work on 3 outta 4 Players. When all other Discs seemed to play on all Players, so I gave up on Verbs
No sir... but I don't think that I use the volume some do. :)

Advertisement
_
__

_
dr_ml422
_
6. March 2010 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Through experience I learned that anything w/a name has most likely happened before, so your identification w/this is much appreciated.

Funny there's 3rd party involvement but only 1 has responded w/so called "desired resolution". The resolution is resolved when I get that green paper in my hands. They want me to say yes to have the case closed. I don't think so. I asked the wooden soldier why even do business w/that 3rd party w/all the complaints you get? His attempted business response was that about 2% of the 3rd party's involvement has claims. 2% of at least a couple of million people is a lot imo. The formula last time it was given to me was that for every unsatisfied customer you lose about 100 potential new ones. At least in the restaurant business. This business that tried to put it to me w/out Vaseline makes about $40 million a month not counting peak season.

I'll have to remember to request another shipping method w/future purchases.

1 thing I learned is don't ever mess w/another man's $$$. Leaves a really bad feeling in them.

Asa that 19.99 Verb sale comes out by OM please post if I haven't seen it 1st. I'll pay the subway and tax even for 1 spindle. I'll do anything for peace of mind.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork