User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 11:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
13. March 2010 @ 15:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
13. March 2010 @ 15:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's another little tidbit. Appears that the prerecorded info has changed. Not sure if that is significant, but I thought I'd post it ;)

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
_
14. March 2010 @ 05:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the info /scans !!!!!

Another Media sale !!!! @ BESTBUY -Sony'S DVD-R-or DVD+R For $12.99 per 50 ct. cakebox/spindle not a bad deal if you like or use sony's ! good luck & Happy Burning Y'all

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. March 2010 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office Max

16x Verbatim DVDs

cakebox of 100

$19.99

3/14/2010 - 3/20/2010

Get 'em before I do !

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
_
14. March 2010 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeppers catfreak, thats the deal I always go to, have been for the past several years at the max, actually thanks for the info I'll be going there today.
dr_ml422
_
14. March 2010 @ 10:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Office Max

16x Verbatim DVDs

cakebox of 100

$19.99

3/14/2010 - 3/20/2010

Get 'em before I do !

Be just as much as the Sony's which I like also. I'm in too. Yup both _R & +R.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. March 2010 @ 11:44

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. March 2010 @ 13:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Best Buy's Sonys are more . . $12.99/50 = $25.98/100

save almost $6 buying the Verbs which I agree are equal

dr_ml422
_
14. March 2010 @ 13:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Best Buy's Sonys are more . . $12.99/50 = $25.98/100

save almost $6 buying the Verbs which I agree are equal
I have to take the train so that plus tax comes out about the same. Haven't been to OM in a while so the trip is fine. BestBuy is just about 7 blocks away.

_
14. March 2010 @ 15:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422 - Good deal I agree with you there !!! At the price Point I'd go with the verbatims too !!! But sadly no Officemax here !!! - I'm not hurting for Media yet But Like a woman and shoes I hates to miss a sale !!!! LOL!@!! We love ya's ladies No offense meant !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
14. March 2010 @ 17:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
dr_ml422 - Good deal I agree with you there !!! At the price Point I'd go with the verbatims too !!! But sadly no Officemax here !!! - I'm not hurting for Media yet But Like a woman and shoes I hates to miss a sale !!!! LOL!@!! We love ya's ladies No offense meant !!!!
I still have some Blanks left myself. I'm in the middle of DVD Reorganisation which ttytt is a major pita tstl. Thnks to process of elimination I just compared what I had on my HDDs to my Disc collection. Deleted the File names on the List I created that were double and removed the discs from my storage Box case that were not.

Looks like right now all I'd need is to read the xtra DVDs onto the HDD. Buy some xtra HDDS for backing those up and forget about even alphabetising the double DVDS in the SMS DJ Case. Those Binders are looking really good about now, but just for storing these doubles. That case although looks nice and keeps everything nice n clean is a nightmare to categorize. Since there's no getting outta tyhe physical disc yet really, I'm going to keep blanks around so when I want to either watch 1 in the Slim or giveaway I'll just burn it.

No more .iso's. Damn Slim won't play them str8 from the PC. Granted the Slim ain't here yet but I have to be ready. So basically I have about 600 .iso's that are virtually useless unless on a disc.

You live n you learn. I must admit they did tell me when I started to better leave them in VOB Files for better work etc... Speed burning w/ImgBurn though distorted my then future proof view.

So for any Newbies. Leave the Darn Videos in Ripped VOB Files. If you want images make them but don't delete the VOB Files.

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. March 2010 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What about shipping?? DO they offer FREE shipping? ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. March 2010 @ 20:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
I still have some Blanks left myself. I'm in the middle of DVD Reorganisation which ttytt is a major pita tstl. Thnks to process of elimination I just compared what I had on my HDDs to my Disc collection. Deleted the File names on the List I created that were double and removed the discs from my storage Box case that were not.

Looks like right now all I'd need is to read the xtra DVDs onto the HDD. Buy some xtra HDDS for backing those up and forget about even alphabetising the double DVDS in the SMS DJ Case. Those Binders are looking really good about now, but just for storing these doubles. That case although looks nice and keeps everything nice n clean is a nightmare to categorize. Since there's no getting outta tyhe physical disc yet really, I'm going to keep blanks around so when I want to either watch 1 in the Slim or giveaway I'll just burn it.

No more .iso's. Damn Slim won't play them str8 from the PC. Granted the Slim ain't here yet but I have to be ready. So basically I have about 600 .iso's that are virtually useless unless on a disc.

You live n you learn. I must admit they did tell me when I started to better leave them in VOB Files for better work etc... Speed burning w/ImgBurn though distorted my then future proof view.

So for any Newbies. Leave the Darn Videos in Ripped VOB Files. If you want images make them but don't delete the VOB Files.

dr_ml422,
What I do is save the 4.3GB DVD Re-builder files on my 500GB drive, so I can burn one anytime. I've been converting a lot of HDs to DVDs. Give's a much better picture than making them from DVDs.

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

dr_ml422
_
14. March 2010 @ 20:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You have a Blu-ray drive you reading them with? How are you ripping to the HDD? I don't have any Hi-Def videos at all except for some I recently converted from some DVDS I had. Encoded them to .MP4. Yes I'm doing same as you w/the HDD.

I'm going straight Hi-Def now and starting whole new collection. Just the elite stuff I really want. So some prolly be conversions others straight new Blu-ray Movies as they have come down much.

Joleca
_
15. March 2010 @ 13:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yep they do....

OfficeMax does free shipping after $50. So, 3 spindles or more of Verbies @ $19.99 and you're good to go!!!

This week's ad online:

Verbatim DVD+R 16X 4.7GB/120Min, 100/pk Spindle
Verbatim DVD-R 16X 4.7GB/120Min, 100/pk Spindle

Reg $39.99
Save 50% :$20.00
Your Price: $19.99
Instant Savings

Originally posted by greensman:
What about shipping?? DO they offer FREE shipping? ;)

~~~~ Nothings Forgotten. Nothing Is Ever Forgotten. ~~~~

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. March 2010 @ 14:01

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2010 @ 03:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The EGG has a very good deal for those that like TY DVD-R 8x valueline discs. ;)

100 delivered for $19.99

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
_
17. March 2010 @ 10:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good To know If only The Sale like this shows up around black friday My birthday , Xmas or some other Holiday that Will Let Me get soMe Swagg { read Media in Bulk = {300 - UP ??? } That would be a good thing - Thankfully My Media horde is still Holding up well despite my best attemps To Burn through it In my Current Lifetime LOL!!!! - Right Now We've got too many other more Pressing things on the home front - Repairs , electric , Plumbing ect... To Deal with and of course The accompanying Bills for the same so I suppose it's a spindle Here and a spindle or three there until we get the Minor Inconvienences of life sorted out paid off and taken care of ? No complaining Though !!! Still Thankful for What I've got so Rolling right along !!! hope everyones having Fun and Being well Peace !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
17. March 2010 @ 10:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
P.S. #1 I like the old layout better But Then I'm an old sQuatch in the mud so what do I know eh??????????

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
17. March 2010 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Joleca,
I stopped by Office Max today to get a refill cartridge and some paper, snuck up on the Verbatim disks and Oh NO! The are all made in either India or the U.A.E.! Where have all the lovely Taiwan disks gone? Oh well, off to the Egg for the Taiyo Yuden disks. $19.99 for 100 valueline, the last ones I ordered were indeed the 8X instead of the 16X.

_
17. March 2010 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Double post?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. March 2010 @ 11:01

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2010 @ 11:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Greensman Meritline has the same deal on Taiyo Yuden also 19.99 per 100, edit i order 200 from newegg instead of Meritline, its 3 day shipping so thats cool .I hope they workout as well as SMS & Meritline,we will see soon

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. March 2010 @ 11:18

AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2010 @ 11:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@blivet ... I've heard good things about the UAE discs... some are saying they are like the OLD MIT discs... :)

@ZoSo ... I'm sure that the EGG will do you just fine. :) I've ordered discs from them before and they came unharmed and ready to use. lol. ;)

bratcher
_
17. March 2010 @ 11:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
P.S. #1 I like the old layout better But Then I'm an old sQuatch in the mud so what do I know eh??????????
I liked the old layout better too but this new one isn't bad at all. I'll get used to it....
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. March 2010 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Verbs that I purchased from Office Max here in Westland, Mi were the MIT discs with the 'tall lip' cakebox

I'm happy . . .

. . on another note: as of last Monday (the 15th), I have been a member here for 6 years

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. March 2010 @ 12:30

dr_ml422
_
17. March 2010 @ 12:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I like the new fresh clean look. Gotta say it's a big step up from all the other Forums layout.

Otn I think I'm going today to OM or at least b4 Dday. Weather broke so it's nice finally.

Happy St. Patty's to all.

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
17. March 2010 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by blivetNC:
@Joleca,
I stopped by Office Max today to get a refill cartridge and some paper, snuck up on the Verbatim disks and Oh NO! The are all made in either India or the U.A.E.! Where have all the lovely Taiwan disks gone? Oh well, off to the Egg for the Taiyo Yuden disks. $19.99 for 100 valueline, the last ones I ordered were indeed the 8X instead of the 16X.
Just so you guys know, I have been using India verbs for about the past three years, have absolutely no problems, I remember the first batch I brought home I got paranoid when I noticed they were made in India, Creaky set me straight as he has been using then for years also with no problems.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork