User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 19:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
4. August 2010 @ 01:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Anyone of you guys know what these code out as?

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search...ce=ACT_NON_BYO&

I'm hitting Microcenter. They also have a 1TB Hitachi 7200 @ $59.99. Very good deal.
They have a Verbatim 16x media code & I suspect that they are grade B Verb rejects as my test results using DVDInfopro are lower quality then the normal Verbatim DVDR's. I wouldn't try to burn them over 8x if I were you. It's not horrible media however some of these discs I've burned wouldn't finalize after a full disc burn. Your better off buying the Valuedisc DVD's as they code out as CMC & seen to burn plus test fine in my results. These (the Valuedisc brand at Microcenter) are sold in 100 packs in tape wrap so you'll have to provide your own spindle for them. The Valuedisc goes for $18.99 per 100 pack.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2010 @ 06:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmed...h+or+List+Media

Those are they, by the looks of it. I've used discs that code out as MCC004, but they were Verbatim branded (and quite good discs). These are either knock-offs, or as suggested by bratcher, factory rejects; you may want to buy something else and, if not, burn them slowly and not to the edge of the disc (in terms of data quantity).

dr_ml422
_
4. August 2010 @ 10:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx for the heads up Guys. I won't go near them. Learned my lesson well w/those garbage discs. When they're bad, they're really bad!

So these Value Discs and all the others recommended like the TDKs etc... are what you would normally use for giveaways and not personal backups correct? I been just using Verbs and the now JVC TYs for myself and others as they are so affordable when on sale. I'm thinking now using the others as giveaways etc... as long as they are still decent. Thnx.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. August 2010 @ 10:11

_
4. August 2010 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422

TDK 16x DVD-R Media - 48520
100 Pack Spindle
Our Price:
$16.79 SHIPPING FREE !!! BUY.COM - These are Good For your Giveaways , family , The Kids or Grandkids ect.. Depending on ones age and marital status ? My Litey really Likes These And for about $.017 ea. not to bad of a deal ? Buy.com Puts the TDK DVD+R's onsale like every couple O' weeks {3 x 50.ct spindles ) for $22.00-25.00 dollars with free shipping so you may want to wait for that deal ? or not I wish they would offer the same price on the DVD-R 's though Anyways ! FWIW I used to Use Verbatims , Taiyo Yudens or Sony's For My own Disc and Ritek ,& Ricohjpns ( Mainly disguised as Maxell's and Officepot Branded media ) for Public domain Stuff old toons & movies and Also for Giveaways ! Unfortunately Officedepot has For all intents and purposes quit selling their own media so now I use the Tdk's Instead Though I've still got a Tower Of Babel sized stack of Media to burn through so I'm good for awhile ! but I still pick a spindle or 3 up if they have a sale of something I like ! Hope that Helps somewhat ? cheers !!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2010 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
At the moment when I'm not burning with MCC/YUDEN I use SONYD21 - 16x +R. They're good enough for things like burning .avi to watch on my DVD player from file etc, and they were on offer so worked out quite cheap. RITEKG05 (8x -R) are still a good choice if you don't mind burning at that speed!

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
4. August 2010 @ 13:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ah hah! SonyD21 discs are quite agreeable. I've used a few hundred of those. Not one coaster across multiple burners. Walmart carries them, but they're really expensive from them. I generally buy my discs online ;) I stick with MCC004 discs. At the first sign of trouble though, verbatim will be a distant memory :p

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2010 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad you agree! I'm in the UK; they're just as expensive over here normally. Not to mention I can get a 50 pack of what I think code out as YUDEN000T03 for under £10 delivered (I haven't bought any yet but based on what I have read, they are indeed those), which is about $15. Not too bad :-) That's why I only buy the Sony's when I see them on offer!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. August 2010 @ 13:40

bratcher
_
4. August 2010 @ 15:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx for the heads up Guys. I won't go near them. Learned my lesson well w/those garbage discs. When they're bad, they're really bad!

So these Value Discs and all the others recommended like the TDKs etc... are what you would normally use for giveaways and not personal backups correct? I been just using Verbs and the now JVC TYs for myself and others as they are so affordable when on sale. I'm thinking now using the others as giveaways etc... as long as they are still decent. Thnx.
While I didn't buy much Windata media the ones that finalized still play ok in my DVD player a year or so after they were burned however I won't buy any more of that media.

I've had no problems with the CMC Valuedisc or the Ritek F1 TDK's in either test results or playback & they seem to be fine for me for both data & video use. But if you want to use other media that go right ahead. I'll buy Verb & TY when it's on sale as it's great stuff but for me other media is just as good & cheaper too.
dr_ml422
_
4. August 2010 @ 18:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright, so how can you tell that the Sony's are SONYD21 - 16x +R w/out opening them up? Doesn't one have to throw them in ImgBurn or DVD Identifier etc... to check out the codes? All I ever been able to do is see where they were made like Tawain etc...

I'm going to get some of the suggested Giveaways by you guys and have them on board as well as the more trustworthy Verbs and TYS. That way when a small project comes through I'll have the Giveaways ready to go.

Ok I just pulled the trigger on the TDK DVD+R 100PK from Buy.com for a total of $23.82. That included S&H and tax. That's not a bad deal, though as BIG pointed out there are definitely better and also better discs. I gave them a shot for my 1st try at the TDKs.

These Maxells at EGG are not a bad price at all:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817287013

No idea if Egg is charging Tax though. I'm hitting the Mom N POP Shop down the block. I think as I mentioned they have Ritek/Ridata and Prodiscs and for just a walk and most likely a very decent price they'll relatively be a better buy imo. I'll check them out 1st then report back asaic.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. August 2010 @ 19:23

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2010 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, this is how mine were packaged:

And this is what my disc looks like:

http://i35.tinypic.com/t8ommh.png

They are, apparently, made in Taiwan but I don't have my packaging anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. August 2010 @ 19:19

dr_ml422
_
4. August 2010 @ 19:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ Ripper I never saw that white packaging before as I only purchased Sonys from Best Buy and usually from Staples on sale. Where do you get yours from if I may ask? At $15.00 a pop for 50 that is not bad being they are what they are.

AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2010 @ 20:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ Ripper I never saw that white packaging before as I only purchased Sonys from Best Buy and usually from Staples on sale. Where do you get yours from if I may ask? At $15.00 a pop for 50 that is not bad being they are what they are.
no tax at newegg.com
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2010 @ 21:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:

no tax at newegg.com
. . . unless you live in California or New Jersey

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. August 2010 @ 00:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:
Originally posted by garmoon:

no tax at newegg.com
. . . unless you live in California or New Jersey
Hey catfreak! That's still good news - he's in HA and I'm in LA.No tax for us. They must tax toe cheese in California and everything else!

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
5. August 2010 @ 00:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They've obviously changed their look a bit ;)
When I bought the sony discs, they looked really similar to the following

I may just buy some at walmart for Gits & Shiggles LOL! I wouldn't mind finding some Yuden recording dyes xD

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. August 2010 @ 05:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm in the UK guys, so mine probably look a whole lot different anyway - it was just in case!

_
5. August 2010 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WELL !!! It just goes to Show you It's always something isn't it ???

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. August 2010 @ 09:59

dr_ml422
_
6. August 2010 @ 00:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
WELL !!! It just goes to Show you It's always something isn't it ???
Yup, you said it BIG! How does Buy.com say free Shipping and when I checkout they charge S&H? I just noticed that. I might of got duped on those TDKs. They already shipped so I'll take them, though until one of you guys tell me what's up I won't be buying anything from Buy.com. Thnx.

@ Omegaman That's what I thought that the packaging was way different. It's just as you posted when I go get them at Staples etc... I thought Ripper was getting some new better coded discs or something. Though if they are coding out as YUDEN'S he might be.

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. August 2010 @ 04:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

@ Omegaman That's what I thought that the packaging was way different. It's just as you posted when I go get them at Staples etc... I thought Ripper was getting some new better coded discs or something. Though if they are coding out as YUDEN'S he might be.
No, my Sony don't code as YUDEN - I don't think Sony has ever shipped any TY discs. They are just bog standard SONYD21, which is 16 +R for all Sonys of that flavour AFAIK. Like I say, packaging over the pong is probably different anyway. It's the Verbatims I can still buy which code out to be YUDENs.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. August 2010 @ 06:04

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. August 2010 @ 04:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lol, that bug still exists ^

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. August 2010 @ 04:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm fairly certain that either Garmoon or Greensman have had Sony discs code as Yuden dyes ;) If not them, someone. I don't recall who it was. Still haven't made it to walmart to try their media. But I'll be running errands in town tomorrow ;)

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. August 2010 @ 05:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
According to VideoHelp, some DVD-R do code as TYG03. My bad! I never use -R media though so that's my excuse ;)

dr_ml422
_
6. August 2010 @ 10:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
Are you referring to the Buy.com I posted about? So this is a bug? They have no contact number just email support. I don't feel like wasting time right now on a couple of bucks.

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. August 2010 @ 10:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
I'm fairly certain that either Garmoon or Greensman have had Sony discs code as Yuden dyes ;) If not them, someone. I don't recall who it was. Still haven't made it to walmart to try their media. But I'll be running errands in town tomorrow ;)
Oman7,
That would be I! Yuden T02 +R. They go back at least 5-6 years ago. I believe they are 8x, but there is no indication of that on the Disk.

Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. August 2010 @ 10:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh right, 8x! I never bought any Sony x8 media, only G05s. My bad, again!

Originally posted by Ripper:
Are you referring to the Buy.com I posted about? So this is a bug? They have no contact number just email support. I don't feel like wasting time right now on a couple of bucks.
No, this bug:

It puts your whole message, including sig, in quotes!

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork