User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 21:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. August 2010 @ 13:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by theonejrs:
Originally posted by omegaman7:
I'm fairly certain that either Garmoon or Greensman have had Sony discs code as Yuden dyes ;) If not them, someone. I don't recall who it was. Still haven't made it to walmart to try their media. But I'll be running errands in town tomorrow ;)
Oman7,
That would be I! Yuden T02 +R. They go back at least 5-6 years ago. I believe they are 8x, but there is no indication of that on the Disk.

Russ
@ripper

Sony X8 +R discs were usually TY T02s and the greatest media. I bet I've burned 800 of those beauties. They were IDed by an octagonal Styrofoam insert on top of stack. No TYs from sony since those.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. August 2010 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
(By Garmoon)Sony X8 +R discs were usually TY T02s and the greatest media. I bet I've burned 800 of those beauties. They were IDed by an octagonal Styrofoam insert on top of stack. No TYs from sony since those.

Garmoon,
I got mine at a Managers sale, at a local CompUSA in 2004. I had bought 200 of them for about $25, and I went back and bought all he had left. 9 50 packs for $43 including tax! They remain the most consistent quality DVDs I ever bought, and it was very rare to see a scan with more than 100 PIEs. I posted a scan of one a few months back, that was burned in 2004, and it was better than most current scans, at the time I posted it.

Best Regards,
Russ

GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 - AMD FX-8320 @4.0GHz @1.312v - Corsair H-60 liquid CPU Cooler - 4x4 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3/1866 Cas8, 8-9-9-24 - Corsair 400-R Case - OCZ FATAL1TY 550 watt Modular PSU - Intel 330 120GB SATA III SSD - WD Black 500GB SATA III - WD black 1 TB Sata III - WD Black 500GB SATA II - 2 Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD-Burner - Sony 420W 5.1 PL-II Suround Sound - GigaByte GTX550/1GB 970 Mhz Video - Asus VE247H 23.6" HDMI 1080p Monitor

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
6. August 2010 @ 17:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well...the local walmart and Officmax did not have sony dvd R's. Very unfortunate. Walmart is pretty sad indeed. They only have memorex dvds. I took a shot and got some TDK DVD+R's from Officemax. I've used them before and they were very aggreeable.
http://faurtest.ru/DVD+R47FCB100.jpg
Although, as I say that, I find that they are Ritek F-16 discs. Disappointed... :( Good thing they were only 19.99

Yup, not looking too good. I'll give it an F for effort LOL! Nah, perhaps that's a bit harsh. C-...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. August 2010 @ 19:09

bratcher
_
6. August 2010 @ 19:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well...the local walmart and Officmax did not have sony dvd R's. Very unfortunate. Walmart is pretty sad indeed. They only have memorex dvds. I took a shot and got some TDK DVD+R's from Officemax. I've used them before and they were very aggreeable.
http://faurtest.ru/DVD+R47FCB100.jpg
Although, as I say that, I find that they are Ritek F-16 discs. Disappointed... :( Good thing they were only 19.99

Yup, not looking too good. I'll give it an F for effort LOL! Nah, perhaps that's a bit harsh. C-...

Your scans look fine to me. Did the disc play without skipping in your DVD player? Honestly I've had good luck foth both Ritek F1 & Ritek F16 discs. They play back fine.
dr_ml422
_
6. August 2010 @ 23:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well hope they are fine as mine came today from Buy.com. As long as they won't disintegrate like some HP discs I started out with a while back I'll use them for giveaways and viewing.

They can't be that bad right?

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. August 2010 @ 00:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm afraid I won't be watching that one again anytime soon. Pretty silly movie. I'll burn another movie over the weekend and see how it plays. I burned the last one with the 7200S because it has NEVER had a coaster, and generally has the lowest failures. No matter what I throw at it, it burns very well *knocking on wood*
Hopefully, this batch will do ok. I'll probably only burn B grade movies with them ;)

bratcher
_
7. August 2010 @ 00:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Well hope they are fine as mine came today from Buy.com. As long as they won't disintegrate like some HP discs I started out with a while back I'll use them for giveaways and viewing.

Only time will tell. Some discs last for years while the 8x Ritek G05 I burned a long time ago & the HP you had (whatever mid code they were) go unreadable within 6 months to a year after burning them.
dr_ml422
_
7. August 2010 @ 01:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:

Only time will tell. Some discs last for years while the 8x Ritek G05 I burned a long time ago & the HP you had (whatever mid code they were) go unreadable within 6 months to a year after burning them.
Wow. So maybe it's just better to get the Verbs and TYs even for giveaways etc... as I pride myself on my work, and word spreads quickly iykwim.

bratcher
_
7. August 2010 @ 02:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:

Wow. So maybe it's just better to get the Verbs and TYs even for giveaways etc... as I pride myself on my work, and word spreads quickly iykwim.
Whatever keeps you happy.....
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. August 2010 @ 03:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well this is considerably worse than the last burn, and it played virtually flawlessly. Clearly, I need to loosen up about the semi high failures. Though I have seen less failures, that did not play right ;)
This was burned at 8X via the 7200A

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. August 2010 @ 03:49

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. August 2010 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well this is considerably worse than the last burn, and it played virtually flawlessly. Clearly, I need to loosen up about the semi high failures. Though I have seen less failures, that did not play right ;)

Trying to tell you that for years it seems. No offense intended:) I stopped scanning long ago. If it plays and copies it's a damn good burn even if it scores a 73. I know I'll get flack but I can take it. I know lots of peeps that would take that 93 on any test in school. LMAO

bratcher
_
7. August 2010 @ 12:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:

Trying to tell you that for years it seems. No offense intended:) I stopped scanning long ago. If it plays and copies it's a damn good burn even if it scores a 73. I know I'll get flack but I can take it. I know lots of peeps that would take that 93 on any test in school. LMAO
I seldom scan a disc myself anymore. Every disc I've burned plays fine in a standalone Toshiba DVD recorder. Even the cheap junk that gives horrible test scores plays without skipping or freezing up. But then I don't burn low grade media anymore such as playo, nexxtech or even windata. It's strange but movies burned on that junk media by others (as a gift to me) will play without problems on that recorder which surprises me.

Maybe DVD drives are better at error correction than they used to be...
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. August 2010 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had dvds skip like crazy in an XBOX (PICKY PICKY MACHINE), that play fine in dvd players and of course dvd burners/Rom's. Dvd burners are highly intelligent design. When they're good. My LH-20A1H doesn't know how to do a bad job. It would darn near read a doughnut! As well as my 7200S apparently :D It's read a disc my Lite-on couldn't. It really does depend on the reading capability of said device. I'm half tempted to box up my LH-20A1H so I have some insurance down the road. That way I can re-backup cheap discs that have started to deteriorate ;) At least I would have a higher chance of success in my opinion.
I will only burn B grade movies to the Ridata discs. I've had a pretty bad track record with them unfortunately :(

Although I must admit, "To save a life" was more than a B grade movie. I backed it up to Verbie :D

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. August 2010 @ 13:03

bratcher
_
7. August 2010 @ 17:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had dvds skip like crazy in an XBOX (PICKY PICKY MACHINE), that play fine in dvd players and of course dvd burners/Rom's. Dvd burners are highly intelligent design. When they're good. My LH-20A1H doesn't know how to do a bad job. It would darn near read a doughnut! As well as my 7200S apparently :D It's read a disc my Lite-on couldn't. It really does depend on the reading capability of said device. I'm half tempted to box up my LH-20A1H so I have some insurance down the road. That way I can re-backup cheap discs that have started to deteriorate ;) At least I would have a higher chance of success in my opinion.
I will only burn B grade movies to the Ridata discs. I've had a pretty bad track record with them unfortunately :(

Although I must admit, "To save a life" was more than a B grade movie. I backed it up to Verbie :D
My Toshiba standalone DVD recorder will play an MBI Memorex disc (that I didn't burn) perfectly all the way through yet the Samsung DVD burner in my computer starts freezing then finally stops in the middle of the same disc. The Samsung computer drive will read just about anything else, just not that one disc so I can't even copy it.

As to Ritek 16x discs I've had zero problems with them with either the DVD burner or the DVD recorder...
AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. August 2010 @ 18:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was impressed with my Samsung drives in the beginning, but eventually they went down hill. Looks like I'll be looking for new reading drives again. My LH-20A1H may be finally quitting. Go figure after speaking highly of it...
It really doesn't owe me anything though. It easily seen over 1,000 discs. I'd like to find another drive that is spoken of highly. Before my LH-20A1S quits ;)

dr_ml422
_
7. August 2010 @ 21:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Toshiba Standalone DVD Recorder also. I should start using it more often. It's the D-RW2SU/D-RW2SC model. One of these. Since my Magnavox is still kicking hard after 10 yrs., and I now have the PS3 Slim it's up on a shelf practically new.

My 2 Sammy Satas in my Sig have been very good. I made a mistake and sent my daughter the other Sammy and Pioneer w/my Dell. I'm going to get them back and put in the original Hitachi OEM drives.

I'll bang out those TDKs. What's the best speed for them? Are they like the Riteks that at 8x are pretty good and at 12x totally useless?

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. August 2010 @ 22:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So far, I've only burnt them at 8X. I figured that a good start for a Ritek 16X disc. I've had 16X discs(Taiyo Yuden), that I burnt at 20X that looked better than the 8X burns I've posted here(A samsung burnt it by the way :). I suspect 16X would be a bad idea, unless a burner is in bed with Ritek discs, and has an appropriate firmware. 12X should be reasonably safe, but I'll stick with 8X.

dr_ml422
_
7. August 2010 @ 22:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx Omega. They suggested 8x a while back and that did the trick. A whole bunch before that I did at 12x disintegrated. My daughter told me. Had to redo them all over and send them back to her.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. August 2010 @ 23:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Once upon a time, I was told that half the rated speed is a very good guideline. My guess is that 8X should be very safe with the Ritek F16's. Hopefully, their chemical makeup can survive for at least 5 - 10yrs. By that point, Hard drives prices will be reasonable enough to make multiple hard drive backups ;)

dr_ml422
_
7. August 2010 @ 23:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I already started the HDD backups, but it isn't really the best next to a hard copy. It serves multiple purposes though as for big burning jobs/encoding etc... DVDs have gone down so much I'm starting a new collection again. The best method is using a backup copy for viewing and having the original as a backup. Blu-ray's a whole other ballgame. Those blanks still have not proved their worth to say the least.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
7. August 2010 @ 23:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I definitely prefer Disc copy to Hard drive copy. Hard drives ultimately fail. If a Good disc is climate controlled, it should last almost indefinitely. At least the TY's and Verbatim Datalife series ;) I guess time will tell on that one though ;)

dr_ml422
_
7. August 2010 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I definitely prefer Disc copy to Hard drive copy. Hard drives ultimately fail. If a Good disc is climate controlled, it should last almost indefinitely. At least the TY's and Verbatim Datalife series ;) I guess time will tell on that one though ;)
Yup, and the powers that be really need to stick their finger outta you know where and stop all that nonsense. For Pete's sake we need a backup!

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. August 2010 @ 23:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Once upon a time, I was told that half the rated speed is a very good guideline. My guess is that 8X should be very safe with the Ritek F16's. Hopefully, their chemical makeup can survive for at least 5 - 10yrs. By that point, Hard drives prices will be reasonable enough to make multiple hard drive backups ;)
So far I have had no problems burning Ritek F 16 +Rs at X16 with Nero Express on the fly. Nobody has said they don't play. Mostly for daughter.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
8. August 2010 @ 00:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
So far I have had no problems burning Ritek F 16 +Rs at X16 with Nero Express on the fly. Nobody has said they don't play. Mostly for daughter.
Good to know. Thanks for that :)

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. August 2010 @ 10:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Oman

I meant to add they were burned with an Optiarc 7240S.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork