User User name Password  

Sunday 29.9.2024 / 21:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
8. August 2010 @ 11:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well about time a very good deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817507003

I lost out on the 200 or 150 maxells for w/e they were on buy.com. I better get these.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. August 2010 @ 11:35

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. August 2010 @ 12:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:

I lost out on the 200 or 150 maxells for w/e they were on buy.com. I better get these.
Do they code out as MCC004s or CMC Mags???
dr_ml422
_
8. August 2010 @ 13:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:

Do they code out as MCC004s or CMC Mags???
I don't know just pulled the trigger. Next week I'll throw one in ImgBurn and post back. 1 review said MII but that's ok. They still are a good buy. Since I just snatched those TDKs I just ordered 1 tub. I still have some 8x TYs from about 3 years now that I know are TY02s.

Any word on the Ridata White inkjet printables 16x DVD+/-Rs? The mom n pop shop has them for $16.99 and $17.99 per 50pk. If these are decent post back cause that's say $34.00 and $36.00 which is a tad more than the regular DVDs. Right now the JVC TYs are pretty up in price. Egg has the Maxell DVD+rs for $24.99 Free Shipping also. I had to snatch the Verbs though cause in a bit the offer prolly be gone.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
8. August 2010 @ 14:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
@Oman

I meant to add they were burned with an Optiarc 7240S.

Ah hah! Excellent high speed burner. The only one better that I can think of was the SH223Q Samsung. Though it didn't last long. And that may have only been TYG03 discs. I pushed them beyond 20X and were still pretty good :D

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. August 2010 @ 17:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Omegaman

I never have pushed any media passed it's rated top speed. But I don't hesitate to burn 16X at 16X if for family, if mine 16X at 12X and 8X TY T02s at 8X.

@dr_ml422

I did notice the egg pix and if it is correct, it should be the MCC 04, since the AZO TM can be made out to the left side. On the New Verbs(CMC Mags the white label has the smilely pix(which should be frowny)and no mention of the azo dye. Let us know.

dr_ml422
_
9. August 2010 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I'm returning those TDK+Rs from Buy.com. Pure garbage. My 2nd disc didn't even have enough dye according to ImgBurn to accomodate a real short Standup by Ron White. So much for the short lived experiment. Only Verbs/Sonys/JVC TYS/even Maxells from now on.

Thank the Old Man upstairs those Verbs from EGG are coming tomorrow. I'll post the ID asap. The verbs I have now are MCC 04, and never ever a issue at any burn rate.

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
9. August 2010 @ 13:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Please let me know if they are Taiwan or United Arab Emir discs ;) The United Arab Emir discs seem to scan substantially better. Not that I'm worried about the Taiwan's failing ;)

dr_ml422
_
9. August 2010 @ 15:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by omegaman7:
Please let me know if they are Taiwan or United Arab Emir discs ;) The United Arab Emir discs seem to scan substantially better. Not that I'm worried about the Taiwan's failing ;)
If you're referring to the TDK+Rs I'm returning they are Made in Taiwan By Imation. If the Verbies I'll post tomorrow their ID Code and place of Manufacturing.

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. August 2010 @ 16:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
By the way, as all the burning regulars seem to pass by this thread, I noticed rpc1's fimrware database is back up (may have been for ages, I don't know). Yay :-)

http://files.rpc1.org/

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. August 2010 @ 22:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you're referring to the TDK+Rs I'm returning they are Made in Taiwan By Imation. If the Verbies I'll post tomorrow their ID Code and place of Manufacturing.
dr_ml from my experience Imation is pure CR@P!! I've used plenty of TDK's but don't remember the Imation "made" discs. Of course Verbies are difficult to pass if they're $20 a 100 spindle. ;)

Ripper... thanks for the info. ;)

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
dr_ml422
_
9. August 2010 @ 22:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ greensman Yes they are pure cr@p! I just received the RMA UPS Label a earlier today. I'll be sending them off and getting a total refund. That's it. No more off branded media. There's enough sales to get very good stuff w/the more known and tried brands we all experienced.

I had no idea Imation got in on these too.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. August 2010 @ 22:39

TreePro
_
9. August 2010 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ greensman Yes they are pure cr@p! I just received the RMA UPS Label a earlier today. I'll be sending them off and getting a total refund. That's it. No more off branded media. There's enough sales to get very good stuff w/the more known and tried brands we all experienced.

You know Imation is the parent company of TDK and Memorex. I read somewhere today that TDK quit making all CD and DVD discs and outsource them since 2006. I started researching them when the TDK's I bought at CompUSA had the Imation name on label. They was CMC MAG M01. So far the few I tried did ok but, I'll not buy them again. Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden, even if I give them away.
lwalker
_
10. August 2010 @ 06:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
By the way, as all the burning regulars seem to pass by this thread, I noticed rpc1's fimrware database is back up (may have been for ages, I don't know). Yay :-)

as a newbie trying to learn what I can-- what is this database used for?
thanks
lwalker
_
10. August 2010 @ 06:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TreePro:

You know Imation is the parent company of TDK and Memorex. I read somewhere today that TDK quit making all CD and DVD discs and outsource them since 2006. I started researching them when the TDK's I bought at CompUSA had the Imation name on label. They was CMC MAG M01. So far the few I tried did ok but, I'll not buy them again. Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden, even if I give them away.
So I have a bunch of DVD's that never worked and I thought it was me, till I started reading this great thread. To be sure and not waste money - are you saying I am better off buying Verbatim? I have some Kodak DVD R are they bad too?
Thanks
lwalker
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. August 2010 @ 07:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by lwalker:
Originally posted by Ripper:

as a newbie trying to learn what I can-- what is this database used for?
thanks
It's a database of firmwares for different DVD burners. Firmware is what controls the write strategies that your burner uses to burn DVDs. It's always recommend that one keeps their firmware up-to-date because it ensures maximum compatibility with newer media and can also improve the quality of the write strategies already in use. However, I would suggest that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' ;)

TreePro
_
10. August 2010 @ 10:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by lwalker:

So I have a bunch of DVD's that never worked and I thought it was me, till I started reading this great thread. To be sure and not waste money - are you saying I am better off buying Verbatim? I have some Kodak DVD R are they bad too?
Thanks
lwalker
Never used Kodak But, they are listed as being made by MAM-America. Third class media, cheap and unreliable, read that sometime 50% of spindle is unusable. Yes, Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are two of best. Mitsubishi Kasei Corp is parent company of Verbatim and they do outsource But, seems they maintain better quality control. Taiyo Yuden also just changed their name to JVC. The value line Verbatim I have bought was made by CMC Magnetics and Ritek (CMC Mag AM3 and Ritek F1) But, out of at least 500 in past 2 months I burned only 1 failed in middle of burn and all have played. How long storage life? only time will tell. Use DVD Identifier to see who makes your discs, you will be surprised that the name on box is probably not who manufactured it. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd..._identifier.cfm

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. August 2010 @ 10:16

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. August 2010 @ 11:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Taiyo Yuden is parent company of Verbatim and they do outsource But, seems they maintain better quality control. Taiyo Yuden also just changed their name to JVC.
A couple corrections for the sake of accuracy . . .

Taiyo Yuden is NOT the parent company of Verbatim. Last I read, Verbatim was a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Kasei Corporation

and . . . Taiyo Yuden did NOT change their name to JVC . . JVC bought out Taiyo Yuden

Keep burning my friends !

cf

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
TreePro
_
10. August 2010 @ 13:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:

Taiyo Yuden is parent company of Verbatim and they do outsource But, seems they maintain better quality control. Taiyo Yuden also just changed their name to JVC.

Taiyo Yuden is NOT the parent company of Verbatim. Last I read, Verbatim was a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Kasei Corporation

and . . . Taiyo Yuden did NOT change their name to JVC . . JVC bought out Taiyo Yuden

cf
My bad, I knew Mitsubishi Kasei bought Verbatim back in 1991(remember date only because same year my son was born) some how I twisted it up with Taiyo Yuden.(thanks for catching that catfreak) But on JVC and Taiyo Yuden part I have read that Tayio Yuden Bought JVC and changed name to that for better name recognition and sales outlets that JVC has,
TreePro
_
10. August 2010 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by catfreak:

cf
My bad, I knew Mitsubishi Kasei bought Verbatim back in 1991(remember date only because same year my son was born) some how I twisted it up with Taiyo Yuden.(thanks for catching that catfreak) But on JVC and Taiyo Yuden part I have read that Tayio Yuden Bought JVC and changed name to that for better name recognition and sales outlets that JVC has,
http://blog.cdrom2go.com/2010/03/taiyo-y...advanced-media/
Heres one site among many from google that says Tayio Yuden bought JVC and decided to use the JVC branding. Taiyo owned controlling interest in JVC for years.
dr_ml422
_
10. August 2010 @ 15:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ garmoon and crew. The Verbs from EGG are MCC-004 MII. That's great. I'm going to see if EGG still has them and get 1 more pack. Pull the trigger if you can. At .20 a pop you can't beat it!

EGG still has them! I just pulled the trigger on another tub. I'm trying to put a lil something away or I would just go get 1 or 2 more 100pk. tubs.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. August 2010 @ 15:07

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. August 2010 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ garmoon and crew. The Verbs from EGG are MCC-004 MII. That's great. I'm going to see if EGG still has them and get 1 more pack. Pull the trigger if you can. At .20 a pop you can't beat it!

EGG still has them! I just pulled the trigger on another tub. I'm trying to put a lil something away or I would just go get 1 or 2 more 100pk. tubs.
Thanks man! Just bought some more. At that price, it's difficult to refuse ;) I also bought an Asus drive, a flash drive, and a 1200Rpm scythe. I need to replace a 1900Rpm noisy fan ;)

TreePro
_
10. August 2010 @ 15:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Use promo code EMCYWZY88 and get another 10% off until the 16 or until funds run out, according to e-mail. Also good on DVD burners.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. August 2010 @ 15:38

dr_ml422
_
10. August 2010 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ omegaman That Asus drive is a HDD or burner?

AfterDawn Addict

7 product reviews
_
10. August 2010 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Burner. DRW-22B2S
Yes, I'm aware that it's IDE. That's what I need :p

Advertisement
_
__

_
dr_ml422
_
10. August 2010 @ 16:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Burner. DRW-22B2S
Yes, I'm aware that it's IDE. That's what I need :p
That's great. I have IDEs in my 1st build and will have to get those 2 burners back from my daughter. The Sammy and Pioneer. Does ASUS make good burners? I already know their mobos rock!

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork